Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Kheldarn posted:

Wait... there were characters other than Peggy and Jarvis in Agent Carter? :confused:

I really hope they give Enver Gjokaj a chance to show off his chops in season 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

MikeJF posted:

I really hope they give Enver Gjokaj a chance to show off his chops in season 2.

Peggy can be the new boss, and we'll get The Adventures Of Sousa And Jarvis! :allears:

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

MikeJF posted:

Hope Gordon dies. Just the accent, it annoys the poo poo out of me.

I still can't get over that weird prosthetic. It looks like he's wearing freakin' welding goggles under that thing. Just make it a little less bulky, come on, no need to make it stick three inches off of his face. Even if they wanted to make it look weird, blank smoothed over eyes would do that effect much better.

source

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
It's just weird how his forehead lines extend down.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
I like how just before dropping the crystal Jiaying said "Let's see if you're one of us," because if Gonzales had been an inhuman that would have been a hell of a coup. And it shows again that Jiaying thinks it's fine to kill people as long as they aren't inhuman, because she's a little fascist.

Honestly between Ward, Garrett, Cal and Jiaying I can't think of a show with heel/face turns I've enjoyed as much.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Vitamin P posted:

I like how just before dropping the crystal Jiaying said "Let's see if you're one of us," because if Gonzales had been an inhuman that would have been a hell of a coup. And it shows again that Jiaying thinks it's fine to kill people as long as they aren't inhuman, because she's a little fascist.

Honestly between Ward, Garrett, Cal and Jiaying I can't think of a show with heel/face turns I've enjoyed as much.

Except Ward because he's insane, you can understand why everyone makes their choices too, even if you don't agree with them. If the show was an Inhumans show and Gonzalez showed up to negotiate without us really being behind SHIELD, I could see myself siding with Jiaying because gently caress registration.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Kheldarn posted:

Wait... there were characters other than Peggy and Jarvis in Agent Carter? :confused:

Dottie was cool, and I liked Doctor Faustus. They also have a really great actor in Enver Gjokaj who is sadly not really allowed to do anything interesting.

Vitamin P posted:

What? She's fine with killing people she thinks intend to kill or enslave her people.

I like how while the episode was going on the thread reaction was "gently caress you Gonzales, you rear end in a top hat", until the end of the episode where he said the exact same things he'd been saying just in a really diplomatic way because it was a diplomatic meeting and he's not a complete moron. Also he gave her a baby necklace that costs him absolutely nothing to part with, I guess.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Naww. :(

Maybe he'll get one last hurrah as a giant raging Inhuman glob beast who can only be taken down by a roidedmuscle-milked-out Mr Hyde who sacrifices himself to save his family in a CGI extravanganza to round out the series? I really want to see Cal team up with Coulson (or even Jemma and Leopold) and trade snarky quips while facing a common enemy and I can't see any other way for that to happen.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Have Cal join Agents of Ward.

Not for any story reason that makes sense, just do it anyway. Put all the crazy in one place so I can watch what happens.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Except Ward because he's insane, you can understand why everyone makes their choices too, even if you don't agree with them. If the show was an Inhumans show and Gonzalez showed up to negotiate without us really being behind SHIELD, I could see myself siding with Jiaying because gently caress registration.

If the show had followed RealSHIELD, for that matter, Gonzales would seem less dickish and Coulson more unhinged.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

The Sharmat posted:

Have Cal join Agents of Ward.

Not for any story reason that makes sense, just do it anyway. Put all the crazy in one place so I can watch what happens.

Agents of WARD is the only spin-off concept I've found interesting thus far.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Man, people start getting really salty when the season finales come up. Arrow's starting to finally not suck near the end (well, comparatively) and everyone's making GBS threads on it harder than ever, too. They're even starting to turn on The Flash. :stare:

Anyway I love this big dumb spy show and everyone in it, and I hope Skye vibrates her mom back into pieces and is like "She'll get better. :smug:" while Jiuyang's remaining fist shakes itself in rage. :arghfist:

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
How shield does Recon: Send in a pair of scouts to check the ground out first. When they lose contact in midflight and never check in again, go ahead with the mission.

Chokes McGee posted:

Anyway I love this big dumb spy show and everyone in it, and I hope Skye vibrates her mom back into pieces and is like "She'll get better. :smug:" while Jiuyang's remaining fist shakes itself in rage. :arghfist:

Stupid very comic booky thought: Did Cal stitch her back together before or after Whitehall died? Did he literally empty the corpse into her?

Maybe she has some nazi parts mixed in now.

MikeJF posted:

Sadly there won't be one, probably. It's a shame. I think Avengers 2 might be the last time we see even a cameo by the woman who plays Carter.

I also was kind of curious about proto-ward.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 06:43 on May 10, 2015

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Blazing Ownager posted:

How shield does Recon: Send in a pair of scouts to check the ground out first. When they lose contact in midflight and never check in again, go ahead with the mission.

May was on the main team and nobody was confused, so I assume that 33 made up the recon mission totally to Bobbi.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Blazing Ownager posted:

Stupid very comic booky thought: Did Cal stitch her back together before or after Whitehall died? Did he literally empty the corpse into her?

Maybe she has some nazi parts mixed in now.

As I understood it, he stitched her together ~20 years ago when he found her, just after Whitehall did his thing, and she's been alive ever since.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
That makes sense on the recon thing, I figured 33 just listed down another pilot that was apart of the op (that's probably stuffed in a closet somewhere).

Error 404 posted:

As I understood it, he stitched her together ~20 years ago when he found her, just after Whitehall did his thing, and she's been alive ever since.

Ah, I wasn't sure if they had definitively explained that yet. She seems like she's been there for years, but it would be pretty :black101: to take all her parts back.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Blazing Ownager posted:

Sadly there won't be one, probably. It's a shame. I think Avengers 2 might be the last time we see even a cameo by the woman who plays Carter.

I also was kind of curious about proto-ward.

You know besides them renewing Carter for a season 2

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Blazing Ownager posted:

That makes sense on the recon thing, I figured 33 just listed down another pilot that was apart of the op (that's probably stuffed in a closet somewhere).

Ah, I wasn't sure if they had definitively explained that yet. She seems like she's been there for years, but it would be pretty :black101: to take all her parts back.

Castlevania 2: Skye's Quest.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
There's a bit of foreshadowing that I'm going to go out on a limb about here and speculate upon.

Mack is going to touch the thing in the cargo hold. He told Coulson he was going back to the carrier to get his stuff. He has been possessed by Kree machinery before. He's *probably* not leaving the show, not with him being s likable new character.

Or not. It seems like an obvious thing to me. Could go either way.

EDIT: The Mom Jabbar, is what we should call Jiaying.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 07:31 on May 10, 2015

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

bobkatt013 posted:

You know besides them renewing Carter for a season 2

Holy poo poo, it did?

Every single site wrote it completely off and last I saw it was in the "no possible way" category. That is awesome.

bobkatt013 posted:

Yep along with Agents of Shield

It is truly a strange feeling to have shows I'm watching not get abruptly canceled after not performing as wild breakouts. I guess ABC really isn't Fox.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 08:00 on May 10, 2015

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Blazing Ownager posted:

Holy poo poo, it did?

Every single site wrote it completely off and last I saw it was in the "no possible way" category. That's is awesome.

Yep along with Agents of Shield

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

I hate to beat a dead horse, but at what point this season did Bobbi and Lance become anything more than set dressing? I can't think of anything interesting that set their characters apart from any other generic spy, but everyone here seemed excited for that spinoff. Not trying to be all :smuggo: like I know something you guys don't, if anything I seem to have missed some character development there. Every time the new team is on screen I just want to get back to Fitz and Coulson: Spy Camp

It's color. It's added for texture. If this were an hour of the Coulson and Fitz show you'd actually get tired of it pretty quick.

Ok, a TV hour is 42 minutes, but you get it.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Bobbi is pretty bland outside of her complete inability to tell the truth. Lance Hunter is the best new character of the season, even beating Mack.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Apoplexy posted:

Bobbi is pretty bland outside of her complete inability to tell the truth. Lance Hunter is the best new character of the season, even beating Mack.

I pretty much agree.

There's something about her that's... too perfect, too Hollywood that gets me too, it's hard to put my finger on it. Maybe it's the higher-than-average age of the crew on SHIELD or how they all look like seasoned veterans. She always kind of looks like a runway model comparatively.

Lance owns, though.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
That's because Shield has a Arc powered Brazilian blowout machine.

Don't hate the playa.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Bobbi is pretty great, y'all shut your dirty pie holes.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Apoplexy posted:

Mack's been very dull lately. Not enough mechanic bro time.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Can it be that he's on his way out of the show?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

enraged_camel posted:

Maybe. I feel like he'd have been a logical character to have gone with Bobbi and Hunter to the nonexistent spinoff, so he might be leaving and then coming right back next season.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

enraged_camel posted:

That or Mack turns out to be Inhuman as well. I'm sure Daisy isnt the only Inhuman and we'll get to see at least one more emerge net week.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Who will be the token black guy now, though?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Cat Terrist posted:

That or Mack turns out to be Inhuman as well. I'm sure Daisy isnt the only Inhuman and we'll get to see at least one more emerge net week.

I suspect if he was inhuman he wouldn't have been co-opted by the Kree Temple.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

Colonial Air Force posted:

Who will be the token black guy now, though?

Deathlok I guess

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

BlueBayou posted:

Deathlok I guess

I hope they keep upping his sarcasm, it's almost enough to make him not dull now.

Kaizer88
Feb 16, 2011

Apoplexy posted:

I like that she's tall and muscular. It's easy to see that'd she's an awesome hand-to-hand combatant. Kinda hard to take May seriously as the unarmed master when you see her and Bobbi standing next to each other and Bobbi is a full head taller than her.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Mack is so afraid of aliens you know he has to be part alien. I bet not Kree though.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Kaizer88 posted:

Kinda hard to take May seriously as the unarmed master when you see her and Bobbi standing next to each other and Bobbi is a full head taller than her.

I just googled it and Ming-Na Wen is an inch taller than Scarlett Johansson. In the MCU the shorter you are the more badass you are as a spy. :ssh:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I'm re-watching season 1 with my wife, who hasn't seen it before, and I have to say that it does a lot more than hold up. It really is a show that benefits enormously from being binge-watched. Having seen it before, it's great to see them setting everything up. My wife's really, really into it, too, and she usually hates everything at first. For the first few episodes she really hated Ward because he was "a poo". She was super-duper convinced that Hand was evil (because she looked like "that one lady from the GI Joe cartoon"), and was "very disappointed" in Garrett when he was revealed to be Hydra, and when I snuck a peek at her during Ward's heel-turn she was frowning thunderously.

Oh, and she immediately picked up on May and Ward having sex. I'll let you know about the dog.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I just googled it and Ming-Na Wen is an inch taller than Scarlett Johansson. In the MCU the shorter you are the more badass you are as a spy. :ssh:

I would argue May may be more badass. The berserker staff causes you to relive your life's most traumatic moment and multiply it by a bunch to induce rage. May used the full staff and was more or less fine after, just needed to drink and gently caress to blow off some steam, while Ward was hosed up for days and a danger to himself and others. (Age of Ultron spoilers) Wanda did something similar to Black Widow, and she was basically catatonic and useless for a couple days. Although this whammy was to induce despair instead of rage, May seems to have shown a much stronger ability to shake off such whammies.

I don't particularly care that the show and movies will never interact in as meaningful way, I think it's a great standalone product, but I do wish that it was possible to see May, Hawkeye, Widow, and Bobbi go on a mission together.

greatn fucked around with this message at 14:42 on May 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

greatn posted:

I would argue May may be more badass.

Black Widow took on the Hulk and an alien invasion. May shot a little girl in the head.

Its no contest.

• Locked thread