Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Sappo569 posted:

Having never watched any movie with this man in it, is he as painfully unfunny as I like to imagine?

Russell Brand is euthanasia for fun.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Senior Scarybagels posted:

You imbecile! You call yourself an actor? Gimme that!

All these years later and I JUST noticed the '1941' hat...

Sappo569 posted:

Having never watched any movie with this man in it, is he as painfully unfunny as I like to imagine?

Let me put it this way. He put out a video stressing how important it was to vote for Labour in this week's UK elections. And I said to myself "if Brand's for Labour, I'm voting Tory."

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

CobiWann posted:

All these years later and I JUST noticed the '1941' hat...

Let me put it this way. He put out a video stressing how important it was to vote for Labour in this week's UK elections. And I said to myself "if Brand's for Labour, I'm voting Tory."

I thought he was about not voting?

content:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

KoRMaK posted:

re: gif problems.

Just paste the gifv or webm, install tampermonkey extension and install this script https://github.com/bobbilljim/yuspos/blob/master/yuspos.user.js

After tampermonkey is installed, click the link and then click raw on the right and tampermonkey will realize it's a script to install.

This is all in chrome btw.

So what does this script do, exactly? Does it replace all gifs hosted on imgur with gifvs?

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

CobiWann posted:

Congrats on loving over your country to get back at a celebrity you don't like...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Gorilla Salad posted:

So what does this script do, exactly? Does it replace all gifs hosted on imgur with gifvs?

Any time someone links to a .gifv or .webm, the script will automatically convert it to an inline image.

So, for example, instead of seeing http://i.imgur.com/CcTqMUn.gifv, you'll see
http://i.imgur.com/CcTqMUn.gifv

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Sappo569 posted:

I don't like Russel Brand as a comedian or "personality" but I think he's great in Forgetting Sarah Marshall and that movie, Get Him to the Greek.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
"Who's that smartly dressed, sensible looking man sitting next to Russel Brand?"

"Oh, that's Noel Fielding."

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I like Brand, his Trews show on youtube points out all the bullshit in the media.

He also does a decent enough job in his movies.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

http://i.imgur.com/LLNTDLJ.gifv

Nooooooo little bunny run faster run faster ru:stonk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-0_sL5AAVQ

"What's coursing?"

"Hare coursing. They set two lurches, they're dogs before you ask. On a hare. And the hare, has to outrun the dogs."

"So what if it doesn't?"

"Well, the big rabbit gets hosed, doesn't it?"

"Proper hosed?"

"Yeah Tommy, before ze Germans get there."

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Greatbacon posted:

"What's coursing?"

"Hare coursing. They set two lurches, they're dogs before you ask. On a hare. And the hare, has to outrun the dogs."

"So what if it doesn't?"

"Proper hosed?"

I thought it was 'courting'?

I am wrong. :(

Blue On Blue has a new favorite as of 06:19 on May 9, 2015

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Greatbacon posted:

"What's coursing?"

"So what if it doesn't?"

"Proper hosed?"

Great movie.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

More please.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

beato posted:

More please.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I went to that URL, and it's just a YouTube profile. I couldn't tell if they were from a video from the names/thumbnails. Where are these from?

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

Yeah I tried that aswell, I can't remember where I found them initially sadly. (it was probably some facebook click-bait link or something)

last one I have

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Now, post one with the much more common outcome of the tire exploding and killing everyone within a two-block radius. I feel it is our duty to show the dangers, as well as the joys.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Centripetal Horse posted:

Now, post one with the much more common outcome of the tire exploding and killing everyone within a two-block radius.

I was under the impression that the increase in pressure from the aerosol igniting wasn't anywhere near enough to shred a tire. I know from Mythbusters that it's quite temporary, and this isn't some sort of magical flat fix.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Nah, it's the old trick where you use starter fluid to get a tire on the bead. You aren't inflating it with fire.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

From the Political Cartoon thread

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

Add a dab of lavender to milk. Leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Met posted:

Okay so I've never really watched a lot of boxing - is this like, peak application of rope-a-dope? Because that's amazing to watch.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Pretty much, yes. That's Muhammad Ali IIRC.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
"He's doing that thing where if I hit him, I start losing."

"gently caress."

Pasco
Oct 2, 2010

Breetai posted:

Okay so I've never really watched a lot of boxing - is this like, peak application of rope-a-dope? Because that's amazing to watch.

No, that's an exhibition match against a 17 year old. It's like watching the Globetrotters style on the Generals, a great show, but not actually indicative of real basketball.

Now, Ali is the greatest boxer of all time, but not because of that match.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Met posted:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Here's Ali dodging stuff in an actual fight.

The second is from a pretty cool article on rope-a-dope.
http://deadspin.com/how-muhammad-alis-rope-a-dope-myth-suckered-america-1652932623

I don't really know much about boxing, or care too much about it either, but I'm a very curious person and like learning new things.

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Lift Your Little Paws Like Antennas to Heaven!
One of my favourite parts of Matsumoto's 2009 masterpiece, Symbol. (major spoiler)

Alternate, longer version

Cymbal Monkey has a new favorite as of 21:16 on May 10, 2015

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

a kitten posted:

Here's Ali dodging stuff in an actual fight.

Jesus h Christ.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I'm sure the frustration of having that done to you is insane

Although I wonder why they didn't go for body shots, you see how exposed he leaves his body, arms hanging limp even

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Sappo569 posted:

Although I wonder why they didn't go for body shots, you see how exposed he leaves his body, arms hanging limp even
Because once you get into an actual boxing match with Ali he stops dodging like that and starts punching you. A lot. And he's better than you and it will hurt and you'll lose and look silly anyways.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
As soon as he goes for a body shot I'm sure Ali would knock him out

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

Breetai posted:

As far as I understand, rope-a-dope is actually letting him hit you, but using the ropes to take the force of the blow. Incredible dodging skills not strictly necessary.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

bowmore posted:

Jesus h Christ.
Here is another one

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
That's what fighting an anime character must be like.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Hydrolith posted:

As far as I understand, rope-a-dope is actually letting him hit you, but using the ropes to take the force of the blow. Incredible dodging skills not strictly necessary.

It's also massively overstated how effective it was. Ali was an all-time great, but the myths surrounding his fighting are often propagated by people who didn't watch most of his fights. The rope-a-dope came late in his career and was the result of him KNOWING he'd be put in the ropes by "better" fighters, so he trained there.

Ali's strength came from the eyes and his feet working in unison: he was like a mongoose; he never took his eyes off of the other person and could read a punch faster than you're reading these words -- when his feet were fastest, he would shuffle a direct headshot into a glancing blow; and if his opponent was tired or didn't have that block up or combo ready, he would counter hard.

His handwork left a lot to be desired, though. He won more than a few of his fights by clenching down on the back of his opponents heads and smothering the poo poo outta them, a tactic Mayweather is chided for.

When Ali struck, it was almost always wider than ideal, but that was due to his unique guard, and trying to throw as much power behind each blow as he could.

He was the greatest, but not a mythological being.

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Wasabi the J posted:

He was the greatest, but not a mythological being.

ahem. He was, in fact, The Black Superman.

Much :love: for Muhammed. He was the greatest.