Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
Sounds like you guys don't know all the benefits of MUSCLE ANNIHILATION.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Negging Seth isn't going to make him gently caress you, guys

Beeez
May 28, 2012

CortezFantastic posted:

Negging Seth isn't going to make him gently caress you, guys

You get more flies with a malted with two straws.

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."

ohreally posted:

He looks like he's put on a little weight, judging by the instagram pics people are putting up. That will age you too.

He's off the Dren; it's all going to his baby now so it can be cut in time for bikini season

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005
455, the SLC episode is up.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

A sign that reads "Elder Romatelli & Elder Larroquette" is something I'm glad now exists in the universe. What a good use of atoms and molecules.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
test

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

did it pass?

Rusty Rickshaw
Apr 30, 2008
Seth got really agitated in the SLC episode and it's a little unsettling

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

What? SLC episode was on point and if anything Seth was more relaxed than usual aside from having his trained Celebrity Name Game ringer embarassingly flub "Gossip Girl". Give us timestamps.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Rusty Rickshaw posted:

Seth got really agitated in the SLC episode and it's a little unsettling

He is just getting feeble in his old age

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot
some nice uyd art from https://twitter.com/JamesFosdike :

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

gently caress yeah dude, got my fav on twitter!

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Holy poo poo

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
That is sick as hell

Scut
Aug 26, 2008

Please remind me to draw more often.
Soiled Meat
Intro / outro tracks to 454 were really good. Love when Jonathan gives me something with a beat.

If I ever have a retail shop I'm gonna have a playlist of every track used for the show on shuffle.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
rip uyd intro/outro grooveshark playlist

ugly
Jul 22, 2003
No clue
Pillbug
Been pretty busy this week, haven't had much time to comment on the Atlanta show so spoilers I guess?

When they dipped back in to the rat story (yes, they do), the look Seth gave Jonathan was perfect. He crossed his legs and leaned back behind his podium and just let Jonathan go. His body language during that interchange was exactly what I imagine Seth would do during one of the segments where he lets Jonathan carry on with a story they both know is loving crazy.

It was a really funny show to watch live and I am so glad I made the trip.

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!
UYD: Little slutty, little bitch ghost

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
456 in Nashville is up

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
gently caress this crowd. Mister chimer inner over here

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
Not their finest work. But they're doing something like 4 shows in two weeks right?

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

CaptainJuan posted:

gently caress this crowd. Mister chimer inner over here

I loving hate guys like this in live shows. I'm not that far in and I want to strangle this douchebag.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Is there anything special about this episode, or should I avoid it if awkward things like that make my blood itch?

fried eggs
Apr 4, 2007
with ketchup
Maybe I'm biased because I was there, but the Chicago show definitely had the best crowd and seemed to be the most into it.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

goldblums eyes posted:

Is there anything special about this episode, or should I avoid it if awkward things like that make my blood itch?

The dude is seriously as bad as if not worse than the guy in that other live ep that shouted "YOU'RE A loving LIAR!!!" When they mention that someone on the UYD dating site has the username "Dan Fielding" the guy hollers "Yea-ahhh!!"
The way dudes have to deepen their voice in order to belt it out across an auditorium like that you can't not sound like an obnoxious rear end in a top hat.

edit: It is a fine ep, except for the obnoxious Chime-In Charlie

Caper fucked around with this message at 03:33 on May 12, 2015

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
They've all been good episodes, even being live. Not bothered by the crowd at all.

Also slight brag: first username for OK Seatbelts mentioned is mine :3:

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
I liked it. They talked about OKSeatbelts.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Yeah, despite the chime-in motherfucker it's a really funny episode.

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

Is it just me or have the boys seemed a little tense during these live shows?

In 455 when Seth made the comment about Jonathan's breakfast steez, I kinda felt it.

This new ep felt like they were sorta hostile toward each other. Hope they're okay and the tour/show isn't loving with their friendship :unsmith:

Postmaster GBS fucked around with this message at 03:43 on May 12, 2015

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Yeah, they almost have this slight edge to their voices that sounds like "Okay, can we go now? Are we done? Let's just be done, I want to go."

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

I think the live episodes have been pretty great so far, but I also will be glad when they get back to in-stude episodes.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Postmaster GBS posted:

In 455 when Seth made the comment about Jonathan's breakfast steez, I kinda felt it.

This new ep felt like they were sorta hostile toward each other. Hope they're okay and the tour/show isn't loving with their friendship :unsmith:

you mean seth pointing out how wasteful it is for jonathan to eat out all the time? he clowns on jonathan for something like that almost every episode, sometimes stopping just short of calling him stupid, but it doesnt feel genuinely hostile to me. i dunno, i dunno, idunno idunno

Grave Deadline
Nov 23, 2010

Postmaster GBS posted:

Or when Jonathan called Seth out for having having a Pinterest account and, by extension, an email address? :aaa:

Sometimes it seems like they throw some passive aggressive stuff back and forth, but nothing too serious. My take on in is UYD has been the most structured thing in Jonathan's life for about the past decade and Seth probably has to reign him in occasion, which tenses stuff up. :shrug:

No matter what's going on in their respective lives or between the two of them personally, they still consistently knock out shows every week. Can't expect them to be perfectly happy all of the time.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I think they are just understandably nervous. They don't actually tell jokes or have a set which they can practice like a stand up comedian so even though they have prepared material they are still just winging it. They only perform a few times a year.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
I will say this, there is a definite change in the timbre of Seth's voice when Jah has to make his bathroom run.

It's really interesting, listening to podcasts that do live shows. Some of them are better in the studio, some of them are funnier live. Not sure which UYD is.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
These live eps are tearing them apart

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
I enjoy UYD live eps, but what I find enjoyable about them is very different to what I enjoy about studio episodes. E.g. an in-studio Ask Amy is funny to hear Seth and Jonathan talking it over and getting crazy with it, a live one is funny because you get to hear the audience react to it.

Whatever - obviously would be terrible to go all live episodes, but they're fine once in a while. I guess the boys enjoy doing them, or they wouldn't be doing do many this year. Hopefully makes them a bit of money too?

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Do they still film the live eps to put highlights on YouTube or is that completely done now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
A few shows back somebody from this thread called Seth offering to film the live show and Seth turned him down. Said they had somebody lined up to film and edit and post clips.

So far no clips have been posted in the last few years tho except crappy cell phone vids