Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
He's fine in P4 because he's a big goof that's crack lame jokes and any time he hits on girls it usually feels more innocent than genuinely creepy for the most part.

They of course threw that all away in the spinoffs and just made him a total creep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Look, Teddie is a teenager, he's very hormonal. It's normal.

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012

The_Frag_Man posted:

He's like 6 months old

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

asvodel posted:

He's like 6 months old

I relate with teddie

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

asvodel posted:

He's like 6 months old

How old is that in bear years?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

How old is that in bear years?

bearly legal

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ruggington posted:

bearly legal

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Ruggington posted:

bearly legal

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Teddie manifested a bishie body by doing sit ups after being literally crushed by his own ennui, who am I to question his life choices

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I got the Record Breaker ending for the Triangulum arc, and I am very upset that Joe apparently did not invite me to his wedding. I thought we were buds. :mad:

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Strange Quark posted:

I got the Record Breaker ending for the Triangulum arc, and I am very upset that Joe apparently did not invite me to his wedding. I thought we were buds. :mad:

does it have multiple endings? i've just been loving around and trolling makoto at every opportunity

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SC Bracer posted:

does it have multiple endings? i've just been loving around and trolling makoto at every opportunity

Yeah, there are three endings (technically four including a bad ending). They're all accessible at a really obvious point.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ruggington posted:

bearly legal

I was really hoping someone would say that when I asked that question

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I

The_Frag_Man posted:

the beast in heat

Ruggington posted:

bearly legal

drat

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I'm loving how Io's love of cardboard boxes rivals Solid Snake's. :allears:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I've just remembered how much I don't like the bosses in the Devil Survivor series. I am honestly terrible at SRPG's so I'm going to go back to Etrian Mystery Dungeon for a while.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Speaking of, is it just me, or are the Triangulum really easy? Granted, I've only beaten up to the second one so far, but I've had an easier time with them than the Bels or the Septentrion my first run through.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ChaosArgate posted:

Speaking of, is it just me, or are the Triangulum really easy? Granted, I've only beaten up to the second one so far, but I've had an easier time with them than the Bels or the Septentrion my first run through.

Nope.

The first one is a joke. The second one has a neat gimmick but is pretty easy to get around. The last one is literally just a gimmick fight and borderline unloseable.

They're pretty lackluster.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
So it turns out that thing about changing Al's resistances? It's wrong. His resistances are as usual with the Curse immunity. Translation gaffes, whoo!

...Unless he's usable in the Triangulum arc and they changed it there. Is he?

Edit: Speaking of the Triangulum arc, what kind of unit is Miyako? Is she any good or is she Daichi-tier?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

alcharagia posted:

So it turns out that thing about changing Al's resistances? It's wrong. His resistances are as usual with the Curse immunity. Translation gaffes, whoo!

...Unless he's usable in the Triangulum arc and they changed it there. Is he?

Edit: Speaking of the Triangulum arc, what kind of unit is Miyako? Is she any good or is she Daichi-tier?

wtf Daichi is good. Not everyone can be Hinako, ultimate multi-strike spammer.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tired Moritz posted:

wtf Daichi is good. Not everyone can be Hinako, ultimate multi-strike spammer.

Daichi puts 22 points into Magic at level 99.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Daichi's a jack of all trades kinda guy in a game where min-maxers are king.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
So with the new arc, do you keep your demons/levels/cracked skills if you play through the original game first?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Neeksy posted:

So with the new arc, do you keep your demons/levels/cracked skills if you play through the original game first?

Yes. It is not remotely designed for this so you'll trivialize the entire new arc if you do.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I can understand them letting you go straight into it but you'd think everything would scale at least a little if you brought stuff in from the main game.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
eden riegel knocks it out of the loving park as girl tico. if you pick the boring butler dude you're a bad person.

i mean, that was always true but now it's even more true than before.

edit: oh my god she just said "b-t-dubs" this is great.

Inflammatory fucked around with this message at 03:50 on May 10, 2015

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
...so nobody answered me, what kind of unit is miyako, what kind of statistical leaning does she have.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

alcharagia posted:

...so nobody answered me, what kind of unit is miyako, what kind of statistical leaning does she have.

I didn't use her, so I dunno if she gets hidden benefits like Yamato's Almighty resistance, but her stat spread is basically Yamato's with trading off Strength for a touch more Magic/Agility.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Amppelix posted:

Jesus, Teddie is completely unbearable in P4A. Without fail the writers latched onto his most obnoxious traits and made them the entirety of his character.

Honestly this is true of almost every P4 character and also Akihiko in a game made after P4.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Inflammatory posted:

eden riegel knocks it out of the loving park as girl tico. if you pick the boring butler dude you're a bad person.

i mean, that was always true but now it's even more true than before.

edit: oh my god she just said "b-t-dubs" this is great.
Why would someone NOT pick Female Tico? Who doesn't want to have a nice wheee?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I can see the appeal in having a hot butler dude in your phone.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I picked the male Tico in my original run and it was cool

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Strange Quark posted:

I didn't use her, so I dunno if she gets hidden benefits like Yamato's Almighty resistance, but her stat spread is basically Yamato's with trading off Strength for a touch more Magic/Agility.

Oh so like Fumi? If she gets Yammy's Phys resistance I'm sold.

Also I did not like Tico-Tico before this version but her voice acting is loving killer, she rules now.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
In the DeSu 2 animation, the characters have the Tico opposite their gender except Yamato who has a male Tico which is a lot more fitting.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
i am A Crazy Person and have decided to 100% the septentrion arc before going to the triangulum because yes. should i do meritocracy or egalitarium for my second playthrough. I'm debating just flipping a coin

edit: If it helps I am actively leaving Io to die in this playthrough

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Let as many people as possible die during Ronaldo's route, just to make it dumber. This does mean letting Keita live though so Makoto can die, because that's required for maximum stupidity from Ronaldo.

gently caress Ronaldo.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Axle_Stukov posted:

Let as many people as possible die during Ronaldo's route, just to make it dumber. This does mean letting Keita live though so Makoto can die, because that's required for maximum stupidity from Ronaldo.

gently caress Ronaldo.

I like this suggestion and am on Day 4, so Jungo and Keita are alive. I'm going to flip a coin to determine which of Joe and Otome dies now.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Welp, I sure hope you didn't like being alive Otome.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Rather conveniently Joe's at 4 right now and was the only party member other than Ronaldo and Yamato (who I ignored last playthrough) to not get maxed out. I mean he would've but his events literally just didn't happen on Day 6. Jerk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Axle_Stukov posted:

gently caress Ronaldo.

Interestingly, there is a maximum (unless they removed it) on the number of people die, and it's not the one imposed by X killing Y so Y can't die now, either. If you let everybody possible die, the game will just start forcing you into things like saving Io.