Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Alain Post posted:

I hope they put effort, into nude alien romance scenes.

Too right. Let's see that Turian carapace, Bioware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I need to jack it to space vag.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Forget the quarians, I want to see a volus outside it's suit.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Mr Tastee posted:

Just look on craigslist casual encounters.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Mr Tastee posted:

A pile of alien entrails after it suffocates, then blows up from the pressure difference?

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I meant like on their homeworld, but that works too.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

So do people still play multiplayer? I have to imagine it's pretty dead at this point, but I missed the 3100 fleet point threshold to get the last tier of endings and apparently it's either buy DLC, buy an iPad app or somehow play multiplayer to raise my last bit of fleet score.

Or is there another option? Apparently I missed one of the illusive man events which would have let me get the final points in the ending, 300 points short :shepicide:

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Elvis_Maximus posted:

So do people still play multiplayer? I have to imagine it's pretty dead at this point, but I missed the 3100 fleet point threshold to get the last tier of endings and apparently it's either buy DLC, buy an iPad app or somehow play multiplayer to raise my last bit of fleet score.

Or is there another option? Apparently I missed one of the illusive man events which would have let me get the final points in the ending, 300 points short :shepicide:

Still very populated. But even just doing all the quests would still give you enough points for all the endings.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Elvis_Maximus posted:

They patched it so you can easily get the full ending in the base game.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Which makes it hilariously easy for those of us who did do the multiplayer a bunch to get the maximum effect at minimum readiness.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

I need to jack it to space vag.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Kurieg posted:

Which makes it hilariously easy for those of us who did do the multiplayer a bunch to get the maximum effect at minimum readiness.

Some people are actually at the point where it's impossible for them to not get the maximum readiness endings.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

bae...

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

tribbledirigible posted:

Still very populated. But even just doing all the quests would still give you enough points for all the endings.

Huh that's weird. I ended up doing everything I could aside from the Citadel documentary which appears to have broken and I wound up at 2789 or something. I missed a few quests because I didn't realize some weren't going to be available after the second citadel mission.

I took the destroy all reapers route and used the renegade prompt versus the illusive man, couldn't use my maxed paragon since I apparently missed a persuade option earlier. Still ended up with Shepard dead and the wall plaque. Did I miss an option somewhere that would've given me the Shepard survives ending even so?

Guess I'll just grind out a few multiplayer missions to put myself over the top.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

The "Shepard maybe lives" ending, which is embarrassing pandering bullshit btw, occurs when you cross the high EMS threshold and pick Destroy. I think you always get your plaque put on the wall though

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I believe it is just Destroy + high enough EMS or whatever it was called. 4000+ or so.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Also, EMS does not matter at all. The ending isn't different enough to bother doing something that you don't find fun anyway.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I've done so many N7 promotions that my EMS on a totally new ME3 Shepard is already enough to launch the final mission with maximum readiness. They really should have implemented a "gently caress it, let's get this over with" scenario for players with high enough EMS as soon as the Reapers attack Earth.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
More games need to be like Far Cry 4, it's true.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I really have no desire to play FC4, but I am glad that ending exists and all games should do something like it.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

The "Shepard maybe lives" ending, which is embarrassing pandering bullshit btw, occurs when you cross the high EMS threshold and pick Destroy. I think you always get your plaque put on the wall though

More embarrassing than the ending in general? Shepard potentially surviving is such a minor issue that I can't see any reason to get upset about it.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I could never bring myself to pick Destroy after I spent so goddamn long trying to broker peace between the Quarians and the Geth.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Nah, you didn't really spend that long on it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I could never bring myself to pick Destroy after I spent so goddamn long trying to broker peace between the Quarians and the Geth.

You have never won the game.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Geostomp posted:

More embarrassing than the ending in general? Shepard potentially surviving is such a minor issue that I can't see any reason to get upset about it.

Granted my opinions are suspect in this category because I even liked (not loved) the pre-EC ending, but I think it's really lame, yeah. I'm not upset about it but I see fandom-type people ravenously jacking off over how to get it and how they'll happily genocide all synthetics just for the split-second of sharply drawn breath. I think if you wanna respect the game world enough to save your Shep--who has been im- and explicitly set up as a Christ figure who will ultimately die since ME1--then you should respect it enough not to sacrifice an entire category of life for that.

But honestly it's just a lovely ending to a goofy videogame so all that doesn't really matter, haha.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Mr. Fortitude posted:

gently caress the robots

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

JawKnee posted:

gently caress the robots

But you can't!

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
get on it Bioware

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Yeah imo you spend the entire game getting the geth's synthetic humanity explained to you over and over again and watching EDI take on more and more human characteristics, and then at the end they give you the option to double back on all that and eliminate them all, which honestly seems like a worse choice than Control. But That's None Of My Business

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The goal was to destroy the reapers. Not to preserve the robots. Sometimes in war you make hard decisions. If you don't choose Destroy, you lose the game.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Lycus posted:

But you can't!
Not for Joker's lack of trying.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Look, if you insist on throwing a knife straight up into the air, you accept that it might come down and kill you. The geth have to live or die with consequences of their decision with the reaper parts. Ain't my fault.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Waltzing Along posted:

The goal was to destroy the reapers. Not to preserve the robots. Sometimes in war you make hard decisions. If you don't choose Destroy, you lose the game.

The goal was to stop the Reapers and Destroy, the Renegade ending, is for big dumb Renegades.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Control makes the most sense thematically, has the most entertaining ending slides, and presents the most interesting setting for the galaxy following the Reaper War. Control is cool blue for cool players.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

It's either let the geth and Edi die (which was probably a lie because Reapers) or go with Synthesis/Control and allow all those Husks to gain senteance. Allowing that to happen makes you a monster.

Also consider the sources of your choices: Mr makes a great decision every 5 seconds the Illusive Man for Control, the hive brain source of all Reaper Intellect for Synthesis, or your best bro-dad in the whole Galaxy Anderson for Destroy.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
I got the "gently caress this poo poo, see you next cycle" ending, because I reflexively begin and end every plot dialogue in Mass Effect by trying to shoot the NPC in the head.

I was content.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Lycus posted:

But you can't!

I desperately need to.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Has it ever been explained why the Geth have such full, sexy hips?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Lycus posted:

Look, if you insist on throwing a knife straight up into the air, you accept that it might come down and kill you. The geth have to live or die with consequences of their decision with the reaper parts. Ain't my fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Alain Post posted:

Has it ever been explained why the Geth have such full, sexy hips?

Yeah.. It's for the win

• Locked thread