Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The race war has started already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
The reason there was no Bugle last week is because John went to Moscow and interviewed Edward Snowden instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEVlyP4_11M

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
JESUS.

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

I used to be TheRealLuquado

misdirectomy posted:

The reason there was no Bugle last week is because John went to Moscow and interviewed Edward Snowden instead.

Holy poo poo.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

misdirectomy posted:

So much great stuff here, although I think my favorite is the shot of the old KGB building through the window. I'm so happy for John; I was worried he would be doing a not-as-good copy of the Daily Show when he left for HBO. :allears:

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

prefect posted:

So much great stuff here, although I think my favorite is the shot of the old KGB building through the window. I'm so happy for John; I was worried he would be doing a not-as-good copy of the Daily Show when he left for HBO. :allears:

Seriously. He's actually been kicking the Daily Show's rear end for the most part. He's been covering stuff that I think even most of the news networks won't lay a finger on, and while still being incredibly loving funny, actually makes you think, "Oh my god, this is so loving hosed up," and then gets people to actually talk about it.

If we lose an odd Bugle so he can go interview an Edward Snowden type person from time to time, I don't think I have (too much) of an issue with that.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I'm also happy that Andy has (finally) gotten a following for his standup comedy, even if it is on the incorrect hemisphere. His jokes about the British empire cordially brutalizing their colonial subjects kill me, and he had a good one recently.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I think it's really awesome that HBO puts most (if not almost all) of the Last Week Tonight segments up for free on youtube.

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.
In the Sydney show recording, what did the guy say after Andy told him he'd invented gently caress-all?

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Looking forward to the announcement that the KGB are big fans of the Bugle and also that John won't ever be coming home for unrelated reasons.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Thank God, I really needed a Bugle today.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

GraPar posted:

Thank God, I really needed a Bugle today.

It is not a happy one.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

bobkatt013 posted:

It is not a happy one.

The tagline is 100% accurate.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
I think they haven't hammered UKIP enough. The positive I can see from this election is that they were told to shove it.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Heners_UK posted:

I think they haven't hammered UKIP enough. The positive I can see from this election is that they were told to shove it.

And with Farage gone the news will completely stop paying attention to them.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

bobkatt013 posted:

It is not a happy one.

Producer Chris has one of the best lines in the show. "You've averaged a 'gently caress' about every 15 seconds so far."

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Jet Jaguar posted:

Producer Chris has one of the best lines in the show. "You've averaged a 'gently caress' about every 15 seconds so far."

If this didn't set a record then we are both clinically dead - The best response

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

njsykora posted:

Actually he said he'll be back if he wins the Leadership election over Summer. Which he will.

They're just taking a break. They'll be back. There is no joy in this world.

Jet Jaguar posted:

I marveled at their restraint.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

njsykora posted:

I've been using Farage as a "well, this would be worse" approach to the Tories, and that was an injection of Lib Dem. Now with them bleeding on the pavement somewhere, what am I to do?

Oh yes, I emigrated to Canada 6 years ago in case this happened

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

njsykora posted:

He (might) put his name forward for the leadership election, so you know, he'll be back.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Heners_UK posted:

I've been using Farage as a "well, this would be worse" approach to the Tories, and that was an injection of Lib Dem. Now with them bleeding on the pavement somewhere, what am I to do?

Oh yes, I emigrated to Canada 6 years ago in case this happened

Yeah but Canadians have Harper, who I'd argue is worse. Not by much, but still worse.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

njsykora posted:

Yeah but Canadians have Harper, who I'd argue is worse. Not by much, but still worse.

Alberta just gave us hope that one of the other hippies might get in.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

soupcan58 posted:

Seriously. He's actually been kicking the Daily Show's rear end for the most part. He's been covering stuff that I think even most of the news networks won't lay a finger on, and while still being incredibly loving funny, actually makes you think, "Oh my god, this is so loving hosed up," and then gets people to actually talk about it.

It even has it's own insane TVIV thread which accuses him of "softballing"(on a comedy program) whenever he does anything short of leading the glorious communist revolution personally. It's the true Daily Show successor.

This Bugle was pretty entertaining just for the rage. Everything's hosed but at least we got some laughs out of it :toot:

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
Think it might be better for them to go to biweekly recording, like Answer Me This? Another skipped week.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

John's just as likely to be too busy every other week, I think.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Mr. Squishy posted:

John's just as likely to be too busy every other week, I think.

As usual I will just blame Chris. gently caress you Chris.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

bobkatt013 posted:

gently caress you Chris.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I wonder if they'll have anything to say about the FIFA arrests.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

I expect almost as much swearing as they did post-election.

Andy did some stuff for The Guardian during World Cup, wonder if he's got anything lined up there, too.

Plus Last Week Tonight, could be a busy week for both of them.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

I can't wait for it. They're gonna be delighted!

brb, gonna re-listen to episode 279: Thrills, Chills, and Blatter aches

"Being accused by FIFA of being corrupt is like being approached by a dolphin who comes up and blows cigar smoke in your face and says 'You know your problem, kid? You swim too much.'"

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 02:19 on May 28, 2015

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Seems Andy did continuity for Radio 4 Extra on election night, I heard him introduce the episode of Absolute Power on iPlayer,

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
New Bugle today, for those who care.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Apoplexy posted:

New Bugle today, for those who care.

I care.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
on Rick Santorum: "He's a conservative with a capital K and a Christian with nearly three capital Ks."

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Apoplexy posted:

on Rick Santorum: "He's a conservative with a capital K and a Christian with nearly three capital Ks."

"Take back America, like some sort of disappointing shirt."

Those were some dire campaign songs.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
This week, if they record, I expect we'll hear the coup de gras jokes against Blatter.

If they record.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Heners_UK posted:

This week, if they record, I expect we'll hear the coup de gras jokes against Blatter.

If they record.

Not a new episode but the Best/worst of FIFA isn't a bad compromise.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

It's kind of telling that they could fill 45 minutes with just FIFA stuff from the past few years.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

njsykora posted:

It's kind of telling that they could fill 45 minutes with just FIFA stuff from the past few years.

And that they called the Qatar win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

njsykora posted:

I'd forgotten the majesty that was the vocal range of the vuvuzela.

• Locked thread