Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

DenizenKane posted:

You reckon? It must have changed because I ordered in some ninja stars and all I got was a letter from customs say they'd been confiscated and daring me to take the issue further

What are they gonna do? Send you to a penal colony?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes

Necros posted:

no wonder crocodile dundee came to new york. you all are a bunch of cowards.

Crocodile Dundee 2015:

"That's not a knife. THIS is a knife!"

*pulls out piece of plastic flatware*

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

kindermord posted:

Crocodile Dundee 2015:

"That's not a knife. THIS is a knife!"

*pulls out piece of plastic flatware*

*cops bust in*

If you're going to be buying any cutlery I need to see some ID!

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

hailthefish posted:

*cops bust in*

If you're going to be buying any cutlery I need to see some ID!

Excuse me, the importation of cutlery is forbidden by Australian statute. You're local customs official will be taking that now.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

ZombieLenin posted:

Cocaine, I believe, is also still used as a topical anesthetic for nose injuries, including the setting of broken noses.

It's been a few years, but they used cocaine for the anesthetic when my father had a nosebleed from Hell that had to be cauterized.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Geoj posted:

Did you miss the e/n thread earlier this year where the OP's boyfriend/husband literally did this?

That guys was full of poo poo. Presumably. What happens to your ability to poop if you take handfuls of imodium every day?

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Angela Christine posted:

That guys was full of poo poo. Presumably. What happens to your ability to poop if you take handfuls of imodium every day?

Apparently you die.

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010
This thread took a strange turn after all of the big expeditions called it quits.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Yeah, since the death has stopped on the mountain we should just discuss all the forum deaths.

There was immodium guy. The guy on that phen stuff that passed out in his car. That guy who was selling RCs and fake weed OD'd and goons were like 'but someone is going to send out the drugs I paid him for right?" Who else?

Oh also the goon murderers. The guy who shot his ex gf and her new guy. Oh and the guy who went on a shooting spree before killing himself.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Angela Christine posted:

same as with handfuls of oxy?

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

nsaP posted:

Yeah, since the death has stopped on the mountain we should just discuss all the forum deaths.

There was immodium guy. The guy on that phen stuff that passed out in his car. That guy who was selling RCs and fake weed OD'd and goons were like 'but someone is going to send out the drugs I paid him for right?" Who else?

Oh also the goon murderers. The guy who shot his ex gf and her new guy. Oh and the guy who went on a shooting spree before killing himself.

"Why do you drink immodium?"

"Because it's there."

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Electrical Fire posted:

This thread took a strange turn after all of the big expeditions called it quits.

I suppose we could start making guesses about what terrible disaster will get the season closed next year. But then killjoys will come and berate us if something happens. :ohdear:

I'm in for Alien Invasion.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

Mass Immodium overdose.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i'm taking abominable snowman being forced from its natural habitat by global warming and wandering into base camp

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
Yeti at basecamp with ninja stars, a switch blade called some weird name, and an Australian customs badge.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

andan eye dropper bottle full of cocaine. the abominable snow.man.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Claiming shoggoth

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I'm sticking with airbus crashes into the mountain.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

nsaP posted:

rip caro

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

A pilot is putting cocaine eyedrops into his eye when he fucks up and goes blind. He flails around the cabin and hits the copilot with his arm. The copilot is high on a cocktail of immodium, heroin, and ADHD meds, and goes crazy, stabbing the pilot with his butterfly knife. The plane then crashes into the mountain, causing another avalanche.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Maybe this should just be re branded as the general outdoor death thread. The stuff of goons worst nightmares

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Angela Christine posted:

I suppose we could start making guesses about what terrible disaster will get the season closed next year. But then killjoys will come and berate us if something happens. :ohdear:

I'm in for Alien Invasion.

Ebola

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

North Korea is going to try to launch a nuke at the US, but it will fly horribly off course and hit Everest.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Maybe this should just be re branded as the general outdoor death thread. The stuff of goons worst nightmares

Here's something, then.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
We're coming up on K2 season and Garrett Madison is making a bigger expedition this year. It looks like he's running another guided team, which is always an interesting situation for K2.

Last year, Alan Arnette climbed K2 with him, and the year before that was the 2013 K2 disaster. Here's Arnette's description of coming down K2 and nearly dying a dozen times.

It should be an interesting K2 season.

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

Necros posted:

andan eye dropper bottle full of cocaine. the abominable snow.man.

and all this time we were looking for a yeti, turns out it was a colombian with a briefcase and a duffel bag wearing mirrored aviators

Supersonic
Mar 28, 2008

You have used 43 of 300 characters allowed.
Tortured By Flan

CommunistPancake posted:

A pilot is putting cocaine eyedrops into his eye when he fucks up and goes blind. He flails around the cabin and hits the copilot with his arm. The copilot is high on a cocktail of immodium, heroin, and ADHD meds, and goes crazy, stabbing the pilot with his butterfly knife. The plane then crashes into the mountain, causing another avalanche.

:gooncamp:

Lost Canyoneer
Nov 1, 2009

Excellent read, thanks for the link.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

XMNN posted:

i'm taking abominable snowman being forced from its natural habitat by global warming and wandering into base camp

Ohhh, you mean the secret green boots died to protect

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

k2 rules

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes

CommunistPancake posted:

this would have been better if you'd incorporated an asian-canadian stewardess wearing pony crampons who is named mrs. chippy

kindermord fucked around with this message at 07:01 on May 11, 2015

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Maybe this should just be re branded as the general outdoor thread. The stuff of goons worst nightmares

Not sure why you need death in there to make it a goons worst nightmare.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Meatwave posted:

We're coming up on K2 season and Garrett Madison is making a bigger expedition this year. It looks like he's running another guided team, which is always an interesting situation for K2.

Last year, Alan Arnette climbed K2 with him, and the year before that was the 2013 K2 disaster. Here's Arnette's description of coming down K2 and nearly dying a dozen times.

It should be an interesting K2 season.

Holy poo poo that's a good link. He really gets across the complete and utter exhaustion he must have been feeling. K2 is so much cooler than Everest.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

This is a good story, fellow goons.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
So the step-parents died and the kids survived for some time and then died? :stonk:

corker2k
Feb 22, 2013

^^^ Pop some spoiler tags on that!

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

corker2k posted:

^^^ Pop some spoiler tags on that!

Nah, it's obvious they all died lost as gently caress, but the real journey is HOW loving LOST THEY WERE.

When I'm driving through central Nevada, I'm very keenly aware of the vastness of loving NOTHING there is around me sometimes.

I try not to think about it.

Default Settings
May 29, 2001

Keep your 'lectric eye on me, babe

Wasabi the J posted:

Nah, it's obvious they all died lost as gently caress, but the real journey is HOW loving LOST THEY WERE.
I'd love to see the road map they used. Might be that a simple difference in symbology between German and US maps is behind all of that.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
What is that mountain that they drift down in initial d? I bet it would be a bitch to climb if you went on the side that doesnt have a road. Or, road side but dodge drifting cars. How was this never addressed in the anime?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Default Settings posted:

I'd love to see the road map they used. Might be that a simple difference in symbology between German and US maps is behind all of that.

There's also distance misconceptions as a possibility. I've had friends from Europe visit and think that it's only an afternoon drive at most from Albuquerque NM to Las Vegas NV or from New York City to Chicago.

• Locked thread