Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

BadLlama posted:

STB-1 is a great tank. E75 is retardedly good. E100 look cool but gently caress giant german block vehicles.

I suppose I could alternately get the IS-8, but I heard powercreep has really made it not so bueno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Prav posted:

I guess they don't want to give out the two actually good rewards.

This really shouldn't be a surprise at this point.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
AMX 30 prototype is a good tank to aim for also. For some reason it has a nice thick girthy chunky gun as opposed to the pencil thin guns on the Leo 1/STB-1.

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 21:31 on May 9, 2015

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Agrajag posted:

AMX 30 prototype is a good tank to aim for also. For some reason it has a nice thick girthy chunky gun as opposed to the pencil thin guns on the Leo 1/STB-1.

The French just have chody things I guess.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

*drops several hundred dollars on game without having ever played it*

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

DonkeyHotay posted:

*drops several hundred dollars on game without having ever played it*

note: this is also an indictment of every star citizen idiot

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

DonkeyHotay posted:

note: this is also an indictment of every star citizen idiot

Still waiting for my $25 to get me something in that. $25 I could of spent on internet pixels that exist.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

KcDohl posted:

So how do I properly get in on this? Not having Every Premium weighs upon my soul heavily.

1) Go to the tournaments page.

2) Click the "Tournaments" tab. You start on the "News" tab which is basically worthless because WGA's website team is just awful.

3) Find the latest skirmish (at this time it's Skirmish 18) and click on the name. Do not click on "participate" because it will send you to the weekend only section which is a shameful section.

4) Near the top of the page, click to register for the "Entire Tournament" also you should probably read the rest of that page to see what tier/class tanks you need and also when stuff starts and the tier point limit and such.

5) Filter by status "forming", sort by "number of participants", teams per page = "100"

6) Now, finding a team. Find a team with a one or two empty spots -

6a) Do you have lovely padded stats like mine? Click on a bunch of team captains, find the one with the best stats (use your own judgment) and message them in game if you can get that open spot on their tourney team.

6b) Are you some sort of pleasant human being unlike me? Find someone you know and ask if you can get the open spot on their team.

7) Please buy an actual useful tank and blow the 800 gold retraining a good 3 skill crew onto it. You're spending 800 gold to give yourself a better chance at a lot more gold.

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Hellsau posted:

1) Go to the tournaments page.

2) Click the "Tournaments" tab. You start on the "News" tab which is basically worthless because WGA's website team is just awful.

3) Find the latest skirmish (at this time it's Skirmish 18) and click on the name. Do not click on "participate" because it will send you to the weekend only section which is a shameful section.

4) Near the top of the page, click to register for the "Entire Tournament" also you should probably read the rest of that page to see what tier/class tanks you need and also when stuff starts and the tier point limit and such.

5) Filter by status "forming", sort by "number of participants", teams per page = "100"

6) Now, finding a team. Find a team with a one or two empty spots -

6a) Do you have lovely padded stats like mine? Click on a bunch of team captains, find the one with the best stats (use your own judgment) and message them in game if you can get that open spot on their tourney team.

6b) Are you some sort of pleasant human being unlike me? Find someone you know and ask if you can get the open spot on their team.

7) Please buy an actual useful tank and blow the 800 gold retraining a good 3 skill crew onto it. You're spending 800 gold to give yourself a better chance at a lot more gold.

6b is definitely the way to go if you have connections. There are a lot of players (and teams) out there that look competitive on paper but are painful to play with.

Failing that go with the best team that will accept carry your sorry butt to that sweet, sweet gold payout.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Cromwell B

The "B" stands for "Best"

God this tank is stupid fun.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Posting to confirm that WarGaming will give you the full gold value of the SU-100Y reward for the login missions if you open a ticket. I just made 975 gold because I bought it on sale. :rolleye:

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Is the STB-2 any good? I've been thinking of maybe grabbing it since there's a sale right now. That or the Panther 8.8.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

C.M. Kruger posted:

Is the STB-2 any good? I've been thinking of maybe grabbing it since there's a sale right now. That or the Panther 8.8.

I assume you mean the STA-2? It's basically a Pershing with less armor.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

C.M. Kruger posted:

The STA-2 isn't all that good, its a slightly worse STA-1 which isn't exactly a great tank, with the same matchmaking. Unless you are really jonesing for a Japanese medium, skip it. The Panther 8.8 is pretty much a Panther 2, unless you are itching for a German medium for crew training, I can't see a reason to get it.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

C.M. Kruger posted:

By far the best of the premium t8 mediums with regular matchmaking is the CDC, though it's not really a good choice for new players. I've heard good things about the T-54 prototype but I probably won't be getting one, it's a medium tank with a pretty poor gun that relies on armour but has regular matchmaking, that does not sound pleasant. The Panther 8.8 is fine, I guess, but only if you need the german medium crew.

Don't buy the STA-2, it's a much lesser version of the STA-1. If you absolutely need to have a japanese medium crew trainer get the Chi-Nu Kai, which isn't great but is roughly equivalent to the tech tree tank instead of worse. The need for a trainer is pretty minimal though; there aren't any high tier Japanese tanks worth keeping except the STB anyway. The Chi-Ri is endlessly frustrating even if it can stomp t7 games, the Chi-To is much weaker than its peers, the STA-1 is a Pershing but not nearly as good, the Type 61 is a gigantic ball of frustration with a lot of DPM if your gun decides to hit - but the other t9 mediums are better STB is much better tier-for-tier. Unless you're a massive weeaboo who must have every Japanese tank the STA-2 has no place.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Does the CromB have pref MM? I'm pretty sure I have yet to be in a tier 8 game in it and it's absolutely magical.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Magres posted:

Does the CromB have pref MM? I'm pretty sure I have yet to be in a tier 8 game in it and it's absolutely magical.

I've been top tier in all my rudy games except one tier 7 match. I'm pretty sure they both have regular matchmaking though.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
:iiam:

I want to believe, personally, because the thought of a Cromwell with preferential MM makes me all sorts of happy inside.

E: Anyone know what happens if you get a Tetrarch from the mission when you already have a Tetrarch- do you get gold instead? Do you still get the tank slot?

Magres fucked around with this message at 11:56 on May 10, 2015

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Magres posted:

E: Anyone know what happens if you get a Tetrarch from the mission when you already have a Tetrarch- do you get gold instead? Do you still get the tank slot?

You get the garage slot and the gold. The 'price' of the Tetrarch to the game's code is 750g, so if you end up getting 325g for some reason, open a ticket.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 12:34 on May 10, 2015

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Magres posted:

It does not. None of the new Berlin premiums do.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
But it's more than offset by the Rudy effectively being a Tier 6.5, and C-B being a Tier 6.75.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So the trick to playing a T28 is:
A) Don't give a poo poo
B) Be a bully
C) Jiggle like your life depends on it

I fast forwarded the ending because nothing happens.

Replay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fXjWLFYzs8
File: http://wotreplays.com/site/1866040#steppes-mesadoram-t28

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Shot a retarded E-75 that did nothing the whole game but shoot me cause he sucks, lite him on fire and killed him, turned blue his platoon mate killed me. Lost the match because of it, would still do it all over again.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
It's surprising how many people are complete poo poo when playing the E-75.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

News from the front, ie supertest

quote:

Jagdpanzer E-100: credit ammo from 299 to 279, gold ammo from 420 to 371
E50M: credit ammo from 271 to 240, gold ammo from 330 to 310
E-100 (buff): credit ammo from 235 to 243, gold ammo from 335 to 325

T95: credit ammo from 276 to 251, gold ammo from 320 to 300
T30: credit ammo from 276 to 251, gold ammo from 320 to 300
M48A1: credit ammo from 268 to 243, gold ammo from 330 to 310

WZ-120: credit ammo from 249 to 220, gold ammo from 340 to 331
113: credit ammo from 249 to 220, gold ammo from 340 to 331

Object 268:credit ammo from 303 to 287, gold ammo from 396 to 375
Object 140: credit ammo from 264 to 232, gold ammo from 331 to 311
Object 430: credit ammo from 264 to 232, gold ammo from 331 to 311
T-62A: credit ammo from 264 to 232, gold ammo from 331 to 311
IS-8: credit ammo from 259 to 240, gold ammo from 340 to 300
ST-I: credit ammo from 259 to 240, gold ammo from 340 to 300
IS-4: credit ammo from 259 to 240, gold ammo from 340 to 300

Long overdue nerf to the powerhouse 113

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

NTRabbit posted:

Looks like a nerf to me, who fires credit ammo :shrug:

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Azhais posted:

Looks like a nerf to me, who fires credit ammo :shrug:

Yes, what kind of idiot does that. Not me, that is for sure. :v:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Rincewinds posted:

Yes, what kind of idiot does that. Not me, that is for sure. :v:

Why would you voluntarily play a tier ten tank while handicapping yourself? If you're firing AP from the 150mm, just use the 128mm instead.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

Atomizer posted:

1. That position is definitely too far back. It's only useful if the enemy pushes around, and if they do that they'll probably overwhelm whatever forces your team has in the East anyway. The problem in this instance is that the ISU can't really afford to get caught out in the open due to its lack of mobility, armor, and reload time, but it's not accurate enough to snipe at long range. I think in this case you were in the right area because you had support from your team though. If you're asking about that position in general, however, then the answer would depend on the tank you're driving and the composition of the teams.

2. I'd say that was a bad trade. It worked out, but in general you want to preserve your HP for the late game, and I would not recommend driving out in front of two enemy tanks both facing your way. If one or both were distracted that might've been another story, but you risked getting detracked and taken out for one shot. The ISU is too potent to risk getting knocked out so early. On the other hand, you did delay those tanks, and they weren't smart enough to rush you while you reloaded (although only the KV-85 could've done that, the T28 is obviously too slow.) A trade like that can be what it takes to secure a win, but I wouldn't have made that move in this case.

Thanks Clan Commander!

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Hellsau posted:

Why would you voluntarily play a tier ten tank while handicapping yourself? If you're firing AP from the 150mm, just use the 128mm instead.

For some reason, I find myself unable to use gold as default, so unless I am driving an autoloader against higher tiers, my ammo is going to be AP until I actually fail to penetrate a few times.

srb
Jul 24, 2007

Mesadoram posted:

So the trick to playing a T28 is:
A) Don't give a poo poo
B) Be a bully
C) Jiggle like your life depends on it

I fast forwarded the ending because nothing happens.

Replay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fXjWLFYzs8
File: http://wotreplays.com/site/1866040#steppes-mesadoram-t28

Your reaction to that shot in the King Tiger was the same as mine.

Edit: 220 AP on the 113, hah.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

srb posted:

Your reaction to that shot in the King Tiger was the same as mine.

Edit: 220 AP on the 113, hah.

I think having less pen on a T10 heavy than a Centurion I has is an excellent balance though.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

NTRabbit posted:

Would be good if this was done in conjunction with a general nerf on heavy mobility and also increasing the amount of flanking options on pretty much all maps, so it doesn't make heavies overpowered, but that would mean WG would lose money from it's "special" player base that failed its way to either the E100 or the IS7 and cannot deal with L7s going though their lower front plate when they are too loving retarded to angle/hide said LFP.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
Why is medium tank penetration an issue, why are heavies needing help? What is this even all about

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

Hellsau posted:

Yeah. Definitely use the 128mm on the e100. This is a good idea.

When I see an 128mm E100 when Im in my E100, its time to bully the gently caress out of him.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Saint Celestine posted:

Yeah. Definitely use the 128mm on the e100. This is a good idea.

When I see an 128mm E100 when Im in my E100, its time to bully the gently caress out of him.

A 128mm E100 is more likely to damage you than an AP shooting 150mm E100.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Pretty sure the only way to win this argument is to not play t10.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Hetzers gonna hetz.

Rest of series

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Needs more Merkava IV kits.

but seriously please build this. https://www.hlj.com/product/ments-013 :gizz:

OMG, https://www.hlj.com/product/DVMHG35-001/Mil

I don't even give a gently caress. https://www.hlj.com/product/sst70364

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 22:06 on May 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

to Accursed 2 leave armour

NTRabbit posted:

man, that's crippling. The medium drop in pen is easily workable, but 220 is low enough to be the breaking point where you struggle to pen other t10 heavies frontally :psyduck: . The 113 doesn't have anything going for it that justifies this.

e: actually that note probably refers to the 121 given it's directly below the wz-120 and has the same nerf. duhhhh