Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

yaay posted:

man, that's crippling. The medium drop in pen is easily workable, but 220 is low enough to be the breaking point where you struggle to pen other t10 heavies frontally :psyduck: . The 113 doesn't have anything going for it that justifies this.

e: actually that note probably refers to the 121 given it's directly below the wz-120 and has the same nerf. duhhhh

The 113 is catching collateral from a nerf aimed at the WZ-120. Unfortunate but not really all that strange. The 121 has a different gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

to Accursed 2 leave armour
ah. I still can't imagine this being something that doesn't get changed. It's not like there's a glut of 113 players WG want to diddle out of their money by encouraging them to spend money unlocking other t10s.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

It was Himmelsdorf. 5x weekend players :allears:

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge
So this site is selling the JT 8.8, 7 days of premium, and 1,250 gold for 22.40

http://www.kinguin.net/product/116876/world-of-tanks-1250-gold-8-8-cm-pak-43-jagdtiger-tank-7-days-premium-bonus-code-1414011884-374460-t/

I bought one just to test it, and it works for NA. So yeah, get your best gold out of it by using the code tomorrow or whatever unless you need a JT.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

primelaw posted:

http://www.kinguin.net/product/116876/world-of-tanks-1250-gold-8-8-cm-pak-43-jagdtiger-tank-7-days-premium-bonus-code-1414011884-374460-t/

I bought one just to test it, and it works for NA. So yeah, get your best gold out of it by using the code tomorrow or whatever unless you need a JT.

That's an insane rate on gold. The JT88 makes credits like mad, and getting 11k gold for 22 bucks is pretty neat. So I guess a skirmish tournament win is worth $20.

Also Primelaw you're an addict, please get help.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

Hellsau posted:

That's an insane rate on gold. The JT88 makes credits like mad, and getting 11k gold for 22 bucks is pretty neat. So I guess a skirmish tournament win is worth $20.

Also Primelaw you're an addict, please get help.

Well I have some disposable income now. Just not the time to play the game :smith:

Still need something so I'm not working 58 hours a week while make less than 25k a year.

Never mind that Valentine pack, it's an invite code.

primelaw fucked around with this message at 22:57 on May 10, 2015

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I just bought a code, and I'm sorely tempted to see if I can redeem another for the gold

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Magres posted:

I just bought a code, and I'm sorely tempted to see if I can redeem another for the gold

Probably could resell it easily enough if not.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

primelaw posted:

Jeez, that is pretty much half price if exchange rate is right.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

Magres posted:

I tested it with a second. It works!

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
So basically if you've been waiting for a good gold sale, gently caress wargaming and go buy a bunch of codes from Kinguin, is what I'm getting from this. JT88 is good tonk and for roughly the normal price of one you can get the tank, two weeks of premium, and 13k gold.

God I love Goons.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Where would Kinguin be getting their codes from?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

RandomPauI posted:

They were the people that got me and Primelaw our M60 codes.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Wait you stopped dealing in Type 59 codes? :cmon:

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

RandomPauI posted:

I would assume Russia/Eastern Europe, since they seem to be one of those key resellers. They've got the global packs labelled and the EU only packs labelled as well, with the one I linked being global.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

primelaw posted:

Are you serious?

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

primelaw posted:

Did you get full amount of gold, even with the discount?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Rincewinds posted:

I got the full amount for the Tetrarch which surprised me. Maybe they fixed that?

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

Rincewinds posted:

It's only the discounted amount for now, but tomorrow it should give a total of 11250 gold. I don't mind the 3000 gold difference too badly from the two i redeemed

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

primelaw posted:

It's only the discounted amount for now, but tomorrow it should give a total of 11250 gold. I don't mind the 3000 gold difference too badly from the two i redeemed

That's a really good deal. I think I might jump on that and get two (since I don't have the tank yet).

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
I'm just going to leave this here, and mention how much I like this new map :v:

http://wotreplays.com/site/1867587#overlord-steelion-is-7

carry mode ENGAGE

Zanziabar
Oct 31, 2010

Steelion posted:

I'm just going to leave this here, and mention how much I like this new map :v:

http://wotreplays.com/site/1867587#overlord-steelion-is-7

carry mode ENGAGE

And for those without the replay, here is the team score

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
So what the hell is warpack? "Nice warpack human being" has become the new "nice gold human being". I'm assuming its some banned mod since everyone now claims hacking is the reason they are terrible

enkalen
May 26, 2013
Latest On Track is for the E100. Reward tank is the PZ IV Schmalturm.

Of course the only tank I have in line is the VK 36.01H. :argh:

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Azhais posted:

So what the hell is warpack? "Nice warpack human being" has become the new "nice gold human being". I'm assuming its some banned mod since everyone now claims hacking is the reason they are terrible

http://warpack.net/en/index

Basically a bunch of bullshit mods that you need to pay for to get. Also not banned on EU because lol gently caress you.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
Bought three of those stupid codes because I don't do CW or tournaments anymore and could use some gold for premiums going forward.

Also a PSA: sell your premium consumables if you don't use them. Especially with these personal missions just throwing them at you, it's easy to have a lot of credits sitting idle. I just checked as I was topping off my regular consumables and saw that I had at least 400 premium consumables I could have sold. That's 4 million credits I could have spent on tanks on sale this weekend instead of sitting uselessly in my depot.

e: To everyone who likes Overlord: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BattPpmfr3M. WG cannot do anything good without loving it up.

e2: Apparently it's just a rare 0.9.7 bug instead of with the map.

Desuwa fucked around with this message at 05:09 on May 11, 2015

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
So, I unlocked the T-1 heavy and first impressions: surprisingly fun. I feel weird but I'm doing much better in that than my KV-1, and better in the KV-1 than the Churchill. I'm sure it's just a practice thing but...definitely the opposite reaction I was expecting.

Of course, question for you guys...My M3 Lee is elited and its crew is 93/103, should I get them to 100/110, assign skills, then retrain them to the T-1? Or is it just not worth it?

Edit: VV I figured, the Ram II is looking very tempting at half price...but I am short on gold. Ah well, it'll go on sale again.

Blindeye fucked around with this message at 05:27 on May 11, 2015

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Blindeye posted:

So, I unlocked the T-1 heavy and first impressions: surprisingly fun. I feel weird but I'm doing much better in that than my KV-1, and better in the KV-1 than the Churchill. I'm sure it's just a practice thing but...definitely the opposite reaction I was expecting.

Of course, question for you guys...My M3 Lee is elited and its crew is 93/103, should I get them to 100/110, assign skills, then retrain them to the T-1? Or is it just not worth it?

Not worth it. Do the credit retrain if you can afford it or keep them as a medium crew and get a new 75% crew for the heavies.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

McGavin posted:

Not worth it. Do the credit retrain if you can afford it or keep them as a medium crew and get a new 75% crew for the heavies.

Or keep in the m3 lee and tormet yourself to unlock the m4 as well since the crew is near maxed anyway. And then go for a 75% heavy crew for the t1.

Also, this happened last night:

gently caress pubbies

I hadn't played this game in like a month, so apparently players have gotten worse in that time.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

JuffoWup posted:

gently caress pubbies

I hadn't played this game in like a month, so apparently players have gotten worse in that time.

It was a 5x weekend, and individual missions still exist, and it's still world of tanks so it attracts the worst humans like nazis and anime lovers and white people.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
Nothing wrong with loving anime.

quote:

The higher skill on the other crew members are the bonus from the commander, so they are all 93, just shows the bonus. You can see the breakdown if you hover over them, stuff like vents and Brothers in Arms also influences that.

Going from 93 to 100% is around 30 000 crew xp due to the exponential curve. Even with accelerated training on that's a fair number of games in the Lee. If you're done with it and have unlocked both the T1 and M4 just move the crew over if you're not gonna keep the Lee.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Death to whitey and gently caress animu nerds, desuu~~~~.

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 06:46 on May 11, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

srb posted:

Nothing wrong with loving anime.

Wrong meaning of "lover".

see also above my post.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

getting matched against tons of tier 10 Professional Tank Masters that i can rarely pen as a tier 8 is loving dumb

:qqsay: <-me

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

ROFLburger posted:

getting matched against tons of tier 10 Professional Tank Masters that i can rarely pen as a tier 8 is loving dumb

:qqsay: <-me

Just learn weak spots or ignore the tier 10s and shoot the tier 9s and 8s Just get into a decent clan and do tier 8 strongholds to grind tier 8s. There used to be a "battle tier 12" which only tier 10s and tier 8 lights could see (arti was weird back then) but then they removed that and now tier 8s get hosed because all the shittiest players want to fail badly as a top tier (usually tier 10 nazi box tank) rather than fail badly as anything else.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

I bought two high-tier nazi box tanks today. I make poor decisions.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Hellsau posted:

Just learn weak spots or ignore the tier 10s and shoot the tier 9s and 8s Just get into a decent clan and do tier 8 strongholds to grind tier 8s. There used to be a "battle tier 12" which only tier 10s and tier 8 lights could see (arti was weird back then) but then they removed that and now tier 8s get hosed because all the shittiest players want to fail badly as a top tier (usually tier 10 nazi box tank) rather than fail badly as anything else.

This is also why you should never buy premium 8s that don't have preferential MM. If I could trade my Lowe and T34 for 8s with pref I would in a heartbeat. Grinding credits doing tier 8s vs tier 10s is awful (hint: you have to shoot tons of gold, defeating the purpose of grinding credits)

Really the way to grind credits is tier 6 strongholds with Type 64s shistomping pubbies in two minutes per game. FASTBOIS can get you like 40-50k per game, and doing games in two minutes, with around a minute between games, means you can crank out 20 games an hour. With a stronghold credit boost you're pumping close to 2M an hour

Magres fucked around with this message at 08:02 on May 11, 2015

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

the biggest problem i have with this game is being matched against tanks two tiers above me that completely outclass my tank. the learning curve is steep enough that i don't feel like i should have to memorize every single tank's 80mm Magic Weak Spot just so that i might be presented with an opportunity to contribute in some meaningful way besides sitting in afk bush with a bag of doritos spotting for my team. this is my first tier 8 tank and i have no business playing against a fully loaded maus tanklord that i can only hope to pen from the rear

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

ROFLburger posted:

the biggest problem i have with this game is being matched against tanks two tiers above me that completely outclass my tank. the learning curve is steep enough that i don't feel like i should have to memorize every single tank's 80mm Magic Weak Spot just so that i might be presented with an opportunity to contribute in some meaningful way besides sitting in afk bush with a bag of doritos spotting for my team. this is my first tier 8 tank and i have no business playing against a fully loaded maus tanklord that i can only hope to pen from the rear

Everyone who plays this game would prefer +1/-1 matchmaking, because easing the variance makes the players happy. Unfortunately the M4 Sherman is a tier 5 and the Tiger 1 is a tier 7, so we can never have +1/-1 matchmaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

ROFLburger posted:

Honestly, generally the weak spots are lower front plates, the cheeks of turrets, cupolas (bumps on top of turrets) or anything that isn't a perfectly smooth sheet of metal. If it looks funny, shoot the gently caress out of it. I don't memorize weakspots and while I'm not super great at the game, I'm good and my failings aren't a lack of knowing where to shoot tanks (it's more that my ability to read games isn't great, and in my quest to not die stupidly 30s into the game I play overly cautious).

FWIW you can shoot through the front of a Maus on a good (flat) shot with most Tier 8 guns if you load gold (shoot the little flat flaps hanging down in front of his tracks, iirc). Packing a healthy amount of gold (I'm gold-phobic because I'm always broke as gently caress on credits, so I pack like 3:1 silver ammo: gold ammo) is pretty much a requirement of playing well, because you need ways to overcome higher tier tanks that have lots of armor.

Also, don't be afraid to run away. It's super annoying to have to repeatedly run from fights in a slow heavy, but it's better than flailing ineffectually against something's armor. If I'm bottom tier in a game, I tend to try to go to the spot where pub mediums generally go, you'll be able to slice through the sides of most mediums no problem.

Hellsau posted:

Everyone who plays this game would prefer +1/-1 matchmaking, because easing the variance makes the players happy. Unfortunately the M4 Sherman is a tier 5 and the Tiger 1 is a tier 7, so we can never have +1/-1 matchmaking.

Just tighten it up to +1/-2 at Tier 8. Suddenly preferential MM isn't a thing you have to worry about, and Tier 8 isn't a fun-sucking black hole of crap. Wargaming accomplishes their goal of phasing out preferential MM in one neat move and makes their playerbase happy. I'd probably go whip a hundred bucks out of my next paycheck at them just to celebrate.

There are enough strong as hell Tier 6s (HELLOOOOO CROMWELL) that I don't even care about the prospect of being bottom tier constantly at tier 6. Tier 6 also doesn't take that long to get through.

Magres fucked around with this message at 08:14 on May 11, 2015