Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer
Leaving for a year tour to Soto Cano AB today to be a producer/DJ at AFN Honduras. Am I doing this Army thing right? God, sometimes I swear reclassing from 42A->46R was the only good decision I've made in almost nine years of service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

thetechnoloser posted:

Leaving for a year tour to Soto Cano AB today to be a producer/DJ at AFN Honduras. Am I doing this Army thing right? God, sometimes I swear reclassing from 42A->46R was the only good decision I've made in almost nine years of service.

If you smash out some Honduran air force cadets, then yes you're doing it right.

605-475-6968
Apr 10, 2010

Oh my god, I loving hate Fort Polk.

The only decent part about this post is my unit 1/509th which has to be the chillest unit. The only decent part of Polk is Alexandria which is an hour away.

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

:siren: FP BRAVO :siren:

"Grandpa, what did you do when the Russians attacked Maine?"
"Checked IDs in a sandy Hell no one would ever bother with. One guy even forgot his, and had to put off getting his sore throat checked for a whole 15 minutes."

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

The Downfall posted:

The only decent part about this post is my unit 1/509th which has to be the chillest unit. The only decent part of Polk is Alexandria which is an hour away.

People actually live in Alexandria? I thought it was a ghost town. Even GIS of Alexandria, Louisiana has like no pictures of the city that have people in it... :tinfoil:

We arrived on a Sunday which I guess is the LORD'S DAY OF REST down there so the bus drive from the airport through town to Polk was eerie.

Gooble Gobble
May 2, 2011

One of us
Supposed to be leaving in a couple of days for a 5+ month TDY mission. Saw S3 folks a week ago and was told they'd take care of it "that day." Today I check email and DTS while on leave and, sure enough, still no orders or flight details.

My S3: grossly incompetent doesn't begin to describe it

Paradise Lost
Feb 11, 2003

kill your enemy, drink his wine, and take his women

The Downfall posted:

My former BDE commander's grandfather had his WWII training there. When he found out he was heading there next gramps told him he'd rather go back to Guadalcanal and he wasn't going to visit him until he PCSd.

I had three rotations at JRTC, all at different seasons, and was amazed at how equally miserable the weather was.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

Paradise Lost posted:

My former BDE commander's grandfather had his WWII training there. When he found out he was heading there next gramps told him he'd rather go back to Guadalcanal and he wasn't going to visit him until he PCSd.

I had three rotations at JRTC, all at different seasons, and was amazed at how equally miserable the weather was.

Tell me what I should know about JRTC because I may be there for two rotations. One as XO one as the Commander back to back with 2 days in between

605-475-6968
Apr 10, 2010

Paradise Lost posted:

It's cool being an opfor unit. But sucks at the same time. Because we will do a 14 day rotation and then still have to complete metal tasks like ranges, and all that blah blah 11b poo poo. Jumps included.

The best is during certain rotations if you die in the 509th you get 24/48 hours off.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

White Chocolate posted:

Tell me what I should know about JRTC because I may be there for two rotations. One as XO one as the Commander back to back with 2 days in between

it's your opportunity to gargle the jizz of your commander and maybe get a medal you don't really deserve

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

White Chocolate posted:

How the gently caress does that even happen?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Kiryen posted:

Army

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

Cole posted:

it's your opportunity to gargle the jizz of your commander and maybe get a medal you don't really deserve

Officers.txt

Paradise Lost
Feb 11, 2003

kill your enemy, drink his wine, and take his women

White Chocolate posted:

My info is all outdated, I haven't been there in over 3 years when it was still FOB based.

605-475-6968
Apr 10, 2010

Paradise Lost posted:

My info is all outdated, I haven't been there in over 3 years when it was still FOB based.

I'll fill him in tonight when I get home home from work and have my computer

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

Kiryen posted:

Year 5 on the Arforgen cycle. I'll take it over a deployment that we won't get.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I'm back but I haven't seen a name i recognize yet is grover still mod?

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

welcome back bud lol no we've been through quite a few since grover

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
rip whip :(

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I think my last ban was in 2012 so fill me in, I prefer slides like a commanders brief, tia. I want all mods and posters since I was banned coded red green or amber. hop to it hero

edit: is it still #gip or what I dont remember the cool places

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 04:12 on May 12, 2015

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Welcome back HCT. I'm AB

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
do the little grenades mean everyone but me or am I subhuman

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
It means you were content to spend merely 10 dollars to post here

e; or you got banned a lot, idk that's shim's domain

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Uhm I've probably spent like $300 posting here, which is way worse.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

missed you man

i was kombatmedik back in the day

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
sup homie. please take it easy on me i know the forums change over the years. I'll try not to drunk post a poo poo ton. just reactivated my account a few minutes ago so I'm still trying to figure everything out.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Paid for premium or something.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

NTT posted:

rip whip :(

Wait what happened to whip?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Wasabi the J posted:

Wait what happened to whip?

Nothing. He's back.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
He had his Mod vagina filled with sand and packed in with a chinese utilitool

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Oh hey Hangouts lol. I'm installing now. Here I was /join 'ing poo poo in IRC

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

NTT posted:

He had his Mod vagina filled with sand and packed in with a chinese utilitool

Shut the gently caress up.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
can I get invited to the hangout horanca@gmail.com

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
devildogoooragh

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I'm not sure if that one is banned or not :/

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

hct are you still in

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I was supposed to sign out on terminal leave may 10th but now I've been extended for a med board :o

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Shut the gently caress up.

i didn't mean it, i just really liked the imagery you know

i'm sure it will be added to the list of official uses considering some of the training videos

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Hi hct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum

White Chocolate posted:

SumYungGui posted:

My schadenfreude boner can still get bigger.

ungggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Locked thread