Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Vriska buying wholesale into ARquius's muscletouching.

Corrupted by Lord English confirmed???

e:

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Spotted multiple times by Tumblrites: Vriska's pose and language are identical to Aranea's reactions to Gamzee once upon a time.

As much as I love Aranea as a character, I genuinely don't see at what juncture she could have replaced Vriska, and for nobody to notice.

But...

It would explain why she's viewing Dirk as a villain.

She could be flying off to check on her captive Serket.

She could be running Seer interference, hence why Rose couldn't see Rosesprite coming.

Oh god, I have a problem.

:tinfoil:

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 02:22 on May 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Note that the Beta kids are derived from mix-ups of the appropriately-colored Alpha kids' DNA, but the Alpha kids aren't derived from the Beta kids, and are instead paradox clones of themselves.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I'm pretty sure Vriska's speech to Jape is all Vriska and not something Aranea would have ever said.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Yeah, Aranea liked Jake. Didn't let it stop her from using him like a meat puppet for her own ends, but...you know. Serkets.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

WAR FOOT posted:

Vriska buying wholesale into ARquius's muscletouching.

Corrupted by Lord English confirmed???

e:

As much as I love Aranea as a character, I genuinely don't see at what juncture she could have replaced Vriska, and for nobody to notice.

But...

It would explain why she's viewing Dirk as a villain.

She could be flying off to check on her captive Serket.

She could be running Seer interference, hence why Rose couldn't see Rosesprite coming.

Oh god, I have a problem.

:tinfoil:

I could definitely see Vriska checking in with Aranea and listening to her poo poo and relaying everything to ruin poo poo, complete with Aranea insisting Rose is going to gently caress things up by assuming Strider is a good guy but DON'T BELIEVE THE LIES DON'T LET HER etc. I mean, it'd make sense why she didn't broadcast meeting her Dancestor when everyone else had a picture with their own.

It's more plausible than "Aranea and Vriska somehow managed to jack their mind control up to insane levels and Hussie decided to drop the Scorpio symbol shorthand because plot", and actually fits both their MOs (control freak, gullible control freak)

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Rand Brittain posted:

I'm pretty sure Vriska's speech to Jape is all Vriska and not something Aranea would have ever said.

Long after the comic has ended (lol) and Hussie has declared that yes, Aranea was killed forever by her fall into the firepit, after the human race is extinguished by the coming meteors, after the heat death of the universe, I will still believe she's not out for the count.

Just because no character has caused as much 'he's going to retcon it, right?? RIGHT???? :ohdear:' in a fanbase.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Cant believe im still reading this poo poo. Im holding out for dirk/dave convo so bad, Dave/Bro interactions was the best part of old homestuck

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Android Blues posted:

Yeah, Aranea liked Jake. Didn't let it stop her from using him like a meat puppet for her own ends, but...you know. Serkets.

Even if she didn't like someone, Aranea was a healer. Pretty much all of her evil chicanery came from thinking she knew better than other people about what was good for them. I can't imagine her telling someone that it's not worth trying to grow as a person, even if she hated them. It would be like Vriska letting someone think they'd made a fool of her—even if it moved her closer to her goals, it would be completely out of character.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
I can only image an Aranea/Vriska collaboration in the post-retcon story would end with Vriska getting brutally, possibly literally, backstabbed. Because, yknow, Mindfang.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Also the reason Vriska likes ARquiussprite is because it's a white, long haired, dirty-wifebeater wearing, musclemale.

Just like her hero, Cameron Poe.

paranoid randroid posted:

I can only image an Aranea/Vriska collaboration in the post-retcon story would end with Vriska getting brutally, possibly literally, backstabbed. Because, yknow, Mindfang.

How would that not be an accurate conclusion to her character?

Meenah and Weenie Vriska: Stay away from Aranea, she's bad business.
Cool Vriska: gently caress you!!!!!!!!
Cool Vriska: *gets backstabbed.*

Vriska getting literally stabbed in the back by someone she considered an ally should be a universal constant.

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 02:37 on May 11, 2015

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff is coming true one page at a time.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
I don't think there would be an actual, according to Hoyle, stabbing of backs, as Aranea has not demonstrated that she has any swords suitable for the activity. However she does have a bunch of mind controlled Damaras on retainer and Vriska does have a notably low Being Psychically Smacked Around Resistance attribute.

I'm predicting a %10 chance of villainous monologues.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

WAR FOOT posted:

Also the reason Vriska likes ARquiussprite is because it's a white, long haired, dirty-wifebeater wearing, musclemale.

Just like her hero, Cameron Poe.

How would that not be an accurate conclusion to her character?

Meenah and Weenie Vriska: Stay away from Aranea, she's bad business.
Cool Vriska: gently caress you!!!!!!!!
Cool Vriska: *gets backstabbed.*

Vriska getting literally stabbed in the back by someone she considered an ally should be a universal constant.

It really should be.

Also, I never came to that conclusion about why Vriska is cool with ARquius. It makes way too much sense.

This update loving ruled.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
So Dave has a thing for moms.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
Yeah I just wanna go ahead and mention that todays update was in fact golden.

Terezi selling Dave out was especially great.

MonsieurChoc posted:

So Dave has a thing for moms.

SBaHJ hot mom jokes had to come from somewhere!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Cubone fucked around with this message at 03:28 on May 11, 2015

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Aww, man, why'd you fix the frames? Poorly formatted images is perfect for sbahj.

vvvv Thanks!

Mystic Mongol fucked around with this message at 03:31 on May 11, 2015

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Mystic Mongol posted:

Aww, man, why'd you fix the frames? Poorly formatted images is perfect for sbahj.

ok

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Roxy out-coolkids the coolkid, though. Doubling down on Hot Mom commentary.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

WAR FOOT posted:

Roxy out-coolkids the coolkid, though. Doubling down on Hot Mom commentary.

Roxy's the best bro. She's being an ace wingman to Jane even though she is currently unconscious. I don't think any other character can even come close to being as much of a bro as Roxy is.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Roxy's the best bro. She's being an ace wingman to Jane even though she is currently unconscious. I don't think any other character can even come close to being as much of a bro as Roxy is.

Truth.

This update is beautiful. Life is beautiful.

Aside from species, culture, and decibel level, Dave and Karkat are the same person .

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Happy Mother's Day to all the hot moms out there.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

paranoid randroid posted:

Until Condy showed up and Aranea panicked and flailed poo poo everywhere, I thought the point made was that Her Imperious Condescension was NOT the same Troll her former bestie was, anymore than she was Mindfang herself. Vriska and Aranea got into character, and while Aranea had amazing psychic powers, Vriska's circumstances led her to being a lot closer to the Marquis than Aranea ever got.

While it's unlikely, I tend to think Aranea hosed things up so John would get off his rear end and exploit his new powers.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Bell_ posted:

Until Condy showed up and Aranea panicked and flailed poo poo everywhere, I thought the point made was that Her Imperious Condescension was NOT the same Troll her former bestie was, anymore than she was Mindfang herself. Vriska and Aranea got into character, and while Aranea had amazing psychic powers, Vriska's circumstances led her to being a lot closer to the Marquis than Aranea ever got.

While it's unlikely, I tend to think Aranea hosed things up so John would get off his rear end and exploit his new powers.

I would unironically adore a scene where someone tries to give a heartfelt "You became the villain, and sacrificed yourself so as to start a fire under the true heroes!" style speech. Like, way to Lelouch it.

Only to have whichever Serket is in closest proximity shoot down how bullshit stupid that is, and that Aranea just wanted to be the big important star.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

DrakePegasus posted:

Truth.

This update is beautiful. Life is beautiful.

Aside from species, culture, and decibel level, Dave and Karkat are the same person .
You're not wrong. God, Dave is becoming John, only with self-knowledge. Adorable-dork-off in this corner!

I am disturbed by how hard I am nitpicking for reversals. "This is all too good! It can't be true! Somebody's EVIL! Somebody's mind-controlled!" Maybe it'll be a straightforward team-of-heroes journey from here out.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Bell_ posted:

Does HIC count as Jane's hot mom?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

jetz0r posted:

Considering she doesn't actually have a real mom, biological or otherwise, HIC would be the closest thing, yeah.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Enourmo posted:

Considering she doesn't actually have a real mom, biological or otherwise, HIC would be the closest thing, yeah.

At the very least, she's John's AU mom by adoption and Fef's biological mom.

Which explains the hips, to be honest.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Roxy is the wacky best friend, which is the lady version of the bro. Story checks out.

And John is the geeky best friend, which is the bro version of the wacky best friend. No wonder they get on so well.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

jetz0r posted:

Given that HIC is the only character who's remotely sexualized, I'm going with 'no'.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

WAR FOOT posted:

Given that HIC is the only character who's remotely sexualized, I'm going with 'no'.

As long as she can count as Jane's Hot Fish Hitler, I'm ok.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

jetz0r posted:

As long as she can count as Jane's Hot Fish Hitler, I'm ok.

requesting namechange to HOT FISH HITLER

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

There's a few little things going on in this update but none of them matter in the face of Dave's rampant mom-lust. Good thing he's probably with Karkat, don't think the world's ready for the mother-lovers reenactment that would occur if Dave hooked up with Jane while John and Roxy are a thing. They'd be each others' step-dads.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
Seems appropriate for a budding pantheon.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

WAR FOOT posted:

requesting namechange to HOT FISH HITLER

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I rescind my request.

e: im the horrified looking guy

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thats not any guy. He's her blind date. :v:

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
John and Dave, the solution is obvious.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Slime posted:

John and Dave, the solution is obvious.