Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Ear raped huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

gret posted:

I don't believe that's really true. It's obviously thicker than the really thin watches like Skagens, but it seems to be in line with the thickness of most mechanical watches.

Yeah, it's thick relative to quartz watches, but pretty much on par with mechanicals.

Ordered mine on the 23rd and got a shipment notification today. Two weeks seems a pretty decent turnaround given how constrained the initial supply was.

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

Space Racist posted:

Yeah, it's thick relative to quartz watches, but pretty much on par with mechanicals.

Ordered mine on the 23rd and got a shipment notification today. Two weeks seems a pretty decent turnaround given how constrained the initial supply was.

38 I'm guessing? I put a 42 space grey sport (I know, I know) and I'm still in the nebulous "June".

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
I have the 42mm and personally it's a little smaller than expected. Not bad, but if anyone is worried about it being big, I would definitely try it on first because you might be surprised.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

rage-saq posted:

38 I'm guessing? I put a 42 space grey sport (I know, I know) and I'm still in the nebulous "June".

Yeah, 38 mm sport with white band. I was debating space grey myself, but went with the silver case so it could match more bands down the road. Turns out I get it a little sooner too. :shobon:

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Can it detect your heartbeat on your dick?

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Dickbeat is in version 2.

G5ANDY
Sep 19, 2004

Athletic Footjob posted:

Dickbeat is in version 2.

Watch it doesn't work with uncircumcised guys; fapgate

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

smoobles posted:

Can it detect your heartbeat on your dick?

The answer is yes and I don't want to talk about it.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

ultramiraculous posted:

You can't say yes and then not tell us the story.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

ultramiraculous posted:

But did you send it to someone? Who needs dick pics when you got dick beats.

Nice
Apr 26, 2004

Maybe not so Nice.

japtor posted:

But did you send it to someone? Who needs dick pics when you got dick beats.

This explains why Apple bought Beats©™

saber45
Nov 10, 2004

Well I've taken the plunge and ordered one. Delivery times are insane!

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Jose Oquendo posted:

You can't say yes and then not tell us the story.

I was joking about it with a friend, and a few minutes later a heartbeat was sent. The convo was basically:

"Was that..."
"...yes"
"..."
"..."
"Well now I'm kinda uncomfortable"
"...same"

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
You’re 16. You’re in school. You’re sitting in at home. You have a crush on another student — you’ve fallen hard. You can’t stop thinking about them. This is it. You send your heartbeat. It is racing, thumping. Then you send a doodle of a penis. You’re flirting. Not through words. Not through speech. Physically flirting, by touch. Your crush responds with a shocked emoticon.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

ultramiraculous posted:

"Was that..."
"...yes"
"..."
"..."
"Well now I'm kinda uncomfortable"
"...same"

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

ultramiraculous posted:

You’re 16. You’re in school. You’re sitting in at home. You have a crush on another student — you’ve fallen hard. You can’t stop thinking about them. This is it. You send your heartbeat. It is racing, thumping. Then you send a doodle of a penis. You’re flirting. Not through words. Not through speech. Physically flirting, by touch. Your crush responds with a shocked emoticon.

Don't stop, I'm almost there

Slamma Jamma!
May 20, 2010

No loving way...

That exists already?!

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Factory posted:

No loving way...

That exists already?!
I think I first saw it in this thread a few weeks ago actually.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

So here's a question I can't find an answer to on the internet. I'm thinking about getting an Apple Watch, and one of the things I want to do with it is control my music while on the bus without bringing out my phone. I was also looking at bluetooth headphones. So is it possible to have the blutooth headphones and watch both synced to my phone at the same time, and have them be functional that way? I know I can put music on the watch itself, but I don't really want to do that as I pay for iTunes Match and would also like to listen to podcasts and such. So can I have both the Apple Watch and bluetooth headphones connected with the phone playing the music and the watch as a controller?

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

TheJoker138 posted:

So can I have both the Apple Watch and bluetooth headphones connected with the phone playing the music and the watch as a controller?

Yep. I had a bluetooth headset already paired with my phone before I got my watch and it works pretty much exactly as you describe it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

3 posted:

Yep. I had a bluetooth headset already paired with my phone before I got my watch and it works pretty much exactly as you describe it.

Fantastic. Beyond having it hooked to my car I've never really done anything with my phone and bluetooth.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Factory posted:

No loving way...

That exists already?!

It was released before the Apple Watch.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Has anyone who ordered a stainless steel link bracelet model (either color) received it yet?

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

Jose Oquendo posted:

Has anyone who ordered a stainless steel link bracelet model (either color) received it yet?

Nope, should be shipping starting this week. If you want to get on board the cranky internet baby train the thread in MacRumors has been rapidly gaining steam ever since individual Link bracelet accessories started shipping- http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1870437

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don't get folks like the first commenter on that thread who buy something they can't afford and have to hope the charge is timed with a paycheck being deposited. No one needs an apple watch. Why stretch yourself thin just to get one (not to mention one of the more expensive ones).

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I don't get folks like the first commenter on that thread who buy something they can't afford and have to hope the charge is timed with a paycheck being deposited. No one needs an apple watch. Why stretch yourself thin just to get one (not to mention one of the more expensive ones).

They want more things to add to their MacRumors signature.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
Yeah if you follow the MacRumors forums there's always people like that with every Apple product release. "I must have this thing" is more important than "I should probably not pay creditors hundreds of dollars in interest every month from my lifestyle of financial idiocy."

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

kimcicle posted:

They want more things to add to their MacRumors signature.

Oh poo poo, I forgot to edit mine. Thanks for the reminder!

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

DJCobol posted:

Oh poo poo, I forgot to edit mine. Thanks for the reminder!
I'd be surprised if someone there hasn't make a script to auto update that every 30 seconds based on your Apple ID support profile where it lists all your registered hardware.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Any time I buy a new computer for my company I use my email address when registering. I could be a god on those forums.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Any time I buy a new computer for my company I use my email address when registering. I could be a god on those forums.

Don't do it. Someone will get jealous and empty their life savings to try to match you.

Actually on second thought, go do it. They are already in debt anyhow. :v:

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
I'm not seeing anywhere that I can change the screen sleep time. I want to keep the screen on at all times until I lock it, like I can with an iPhone. Is this not possible? Battery life is not a concern.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Jose Oquendo posted:

Just picked mine up from UPS

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

gohmak posted:

Just picked mine up from UPS

I'm guessing it's not the black model.

Kenderama
Mar 12, 2003

Herding Nerds from
2007-2012

status posted:

I'm not seeing anywhere that I can change the screen sleep time. I want to keep the screen on at all times until I lock it, like I can with an iPhone. Is this not possible? Battery life is not a concern.

This isn't possible. I think it is hardcoded for like 17 seconds or something.

I'd expect Apple to make that a changeable toggle sometime in a future OS release, but not for a while yet.

Dr. McReallysweet
Sep 12, 2006

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.
Standing in line at maxfields. Any goons buy one there?

Edit: they only have 38 ss ml today they said. Any chance they have others in stock

Dr. McReallysweet fucked around with this message at 18:46 on May 12, 2015

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

Jose Oquendo posted:

I'm guessing it's not the black model.

Still doesn't seem like any of those have shipped yet.

Got mine yesterday. The Watch OS definitely takes getting used to - I keep forgetting that force press is an option, and learning to use the crown instead of flicking up/down the screen also takes getting used to. But there's definitely a logic behind all of it, it's just inherently different from iOS which I think is what threw off a lot of early reviewers.

I do really wish the Watch app on iPhone would let you change/tweak clockfaces, though. Seems like a bizarre omission.

The Illusive Man fucked around with this message at 18:32 on May 12, 2015

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

http://gizmodo.com/i-beta-tested-the-apple-watch-so-you-dont-have-to-1703824830

Pretty fleshed out review of the Apple Watch and why you shouldn't get one. I think the reviewer touches on a lot of critical issues, like how clumsy the UI is/can be. Even though I don't have one, I've played with one a few times when wandering in to Apple Stores, and it is really dumb that you have to perform so many actions just to be able to swipe up for glances and then swipe around to get to the one you want, etc. I'm sure you wind up getting used to it, but it seems weird to not just have a "home" button. Other things this person touches on seems like compelling enough reasons not to buy version 1.

In the end, though, I think you'll create reasons to get one if you want one, and there are enough reasons not to get one if you're on the fence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jot
Jul 5, 2003

Some parts of history were never meant to be uncovered.

ShoogaSlim posted:

http://gizmodo.com/i-beta-tested-the-apple-watch-so-you-dont-have-to-1703824830

Pretty fleshed out review of the Apple Watch and why you shouldn't get one. I think the reviewer touches on a lot of critical issues, like how clumsy the UI is/can be. Even though I don't have one, I've played with one a few times when wandering in to Apple Stores, and it is really dumb that you have to perform so many actions just to be able to swipe up for glances and then swipe around to get to the one you want, etc. I'm sure you wind up getting used to it, but it seems weird to not just have a "home" button. Other things this person touches on seems like compelling enough reasons not to buy version 1.

In the end, though, I think you'll create reasons to get one if you want one, and there are enough reasons not to get one if you're on the fence.

In all fairness, Gizmodo has been taking a poo poo on pretty much every new Apple product to come out since they were banned from taking part in Apple events.

I'll agree with your summary though.

• Locked thread