Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Service Charge
Jan 22, 2004
I'm not cheap

Demiurge4 posted:

That sems to preclude ratting carriers.

Also on the Entosis stuff that seems really similar to the spergy sov proposal I wrote but never got around to posting anywhere important due to various concerns and faults in my system. But it's very nice that using your space gives you good homefield advantages.

I still think the system doesn't do enough to encourage small alliances to settle nullsec though because I'd consider seeing megablocs (including ours) dying entirely to be preferable, if it meant that every nullsec system was worth living in with a bit of setup time.

Correctly fit ratting carriers don't use Drone Control Units since Gecko's became a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
since gecko's what became a thing :confused:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

luv u deadtear and all

but I'm legit interested in this outcome

/edit:

Of all the dumb things this thread has "agreed" on circlejerking over, how the gently caress has slowcooking not come up a single time?

Can I ask your opinion of smoked/barbecued meats? Personally I love ribs, with loads of barbecue sauce. Got a family recipe for the barbecue sauce that tastes loving amazing. Also ribs are not done right if the meat does not fall off the bone.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

orange juche posted:

Can I ask your opinion of smoked/barbecued meats? Personally I love ribs, with loads of barbecue sauce. Got a family recipe for the barbecue sauce that tastes loving amazing. Also ribs are not done right if the meat does not fall off the bone.

I bought some American branded spare ribs on impulse last week and they were loving atrocious. They were pretty and BBQ'd on the box but the actual thing was shrinkwrapped and dripping disgustingly with watery drivel, and it had no BBQ sauce on it. Wtf America? I took them back and got a refund :colbert:

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

since gecko's what became a thing :confused:

Haha strong apostrophe policing

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
Unless there are significant changes to the economics regarding income and player density in sovereign nullsec coming wulith Fozziesov, it'll be another stick with no carrot like jump fatigue and Phoebe. You can't make a system require an average population of, say, 30 people for a good portion of the day without adding income streams to support them.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

CommonShore posted:

JU-0WQ VII - JU-rusalem

and the MXX (or was it S-D) POS, Occupied Territories :sun:

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~

Klyith posted:

In the comments thread of the latest sovblog, CCP mentioned that progress toward capture or reinforcement sticks around forever until reversed by the owner. It doesn't decay or regenerate at all. Entosis trolling is a real threat if you don't clean it up.
This is terrible. It should at least decay slowly over the course of an hour or so. Disengagement trolling is the only possible scenario where zero decay would be relevant, since any serious contest over the structure is going to have friendly entosis links present and running during the fight. Having to sit there for 2 minutes + 1 minute for every 1-6 minutes that the attacker ran their link will get pretty annoying, although the 5 minute lead time on the T1 link means that there won't be much if any capture progress if you can respond quickly. It does alert you when they activate the link module itself, not when the capture progress starts, right?

Either way, the +250k mass addition from the T1 link is really not enough to stop interceptors from effectively trolling risk-free, because they can just start burning off-grid the moment anyone enters local, and unless they just started a module cycle or you have Snakes (and they don't), they'll be able to warp by the time another combat-fit interceptor can catch them. Fozzie's a little too dead-set on evasion being a valid way to hold a link, and won't properly squash evasion when there's zero intent to actually hold anything (which is any time an interceptor is using a T1 link).

There are also still 10km/s commandship setups that can run a T2 link at 250km and can't be effectively countered by any single ship, but at least they're not interdiction nullified and don't have a 2s align.

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012

Demiurge4 posted:

I bought some American branded spare ribs on impulse last week and they were loving atrocious. They were pretty and BBQ'd on the box but the actual thing was shrinkwrapped and dripping disgustingly with watery drivel, and it had no BBQ sauce on it. Wtf America? I took them back and got a refund :colbert:

That was your first mistake. Unless you know a guy or go to an actual restaurant, you're not going to get anything decent.

That's like saying "I picked up some Vandeecamp 'English style fish and chips'" and then writing off any and all fried fish from England.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Of all the dumb things this thread has "agreed" on circlejerking over, how the gently caress has slowcooking not come up a single time?
Slow cooked meat is great, but for me it's kinda impractical. The minimum size of your cut of meat is substantial, and it's best the day of. Once you put in in the fridge and reheat you lose the magic.

OTOH try this sometime, it's pretty much my favorite thing.

Demiurge4 posted:

Don't buy meat packed in sauce or marinades. It's always gonna be watery because a concentrated marinade will draw water from the meat when it's sitting there that long. They have to formulate the stuff for long contact, so it can't have acids that denature the protein so it's always a salty-sugary sauce rather than vinegar or wine. Bleh.

Buy plain meat and marinade it yourself.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Klyith posted:

Buy plain meat and marinade it yourself.

This, never ever ever buy pre-prepared meats, they're universally atrocious. Get the ribs from a local butcher at either your local grocer or a butcher's shop; honestly this is the only way to do it. It's personal preference as to what style of barbecue sauce to use for seasoning, if you're looking for a site with several different sauce recipes you can prepare, try this one, http://amazingribs.com/recipes/BBQ_sauces/index.html, as I am guessing you are either not local to the USA or don't live in an area where you have access to easy-to-use pre-prepped sauces.

Personally I'd recommend the Tennessee Hollerin' Whiskey Sauce, as it is delicious, and you get to drink most of the whiskey used in preparation as well.

Also, don't get discouraged if you don't get it right the first time, making great barbecue ribs is an extremely complex art, you likely won't get it perfect the first time, just keep at it and you will have great barbecue to eat.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 11:17 on May 11, 2015

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~
I was curious if a T3 could be fit for 250km entosis trolling and still retain some mobility/nullification:

Covert, nullified, 3.4s align, can be blops bridged, 10km/s, 250km targeting. Cap only lasts for about 7-8 minutes with the entosis link and MWD, but you won't actually need to run your MWD until someone jumps into the system, at which point you just moonwalk off grid and disappear whenever your cycle ends.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

orange juche posted:

This, never ever ever buy pre-prepared meats, they're universally atrocious. Get the ribs from a local butcher at either your local grocer or a butcher's shop; honestly this is the only way to do it. It's personal preference as to what style of barbecue sauce to use for seasoning, if you're looking for a site with several different sauce recipes you can prepare, try this one, http://amazingribs.com/recipes/BBQ_sauces/index.html, as I am guessing you are either not local to the USA or don't live in an area where you have access to easy-to-use pre-prepped sauces.

Personally I'd recommend the Tennessee Hollerin' Whiskey Sauce, as it is delicious, and you get to drink most of the whiskey used in preparation as well.

Also, don't get discouraged if you don't get it right the first time, making great barbecue ribs is an extremely complex art, you likely won't get it perfect the first time, just keep at it and you will have great barbecue to eat.

Getting some of those things will be tricky, before in the past I've used this recipe (it uses two spoons of brown sugar) and I quite liked it. I'm not sure where to get liquid smoke and buying a whole bottle of whiskey just for this seems a bit much since I don't drink outside social gatherings, and almost never booze.

But I will drop by the butcher's today and see what I can get. Will report back with the results. Are you one of the guys in food jabber?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

mikey posted:

I was curious if a T3 could be fit for 250km entosis trolling and still retain some mobility/nullification:

Covert, nullified, 3.4s align, can be blops bridged, 10km/s, 250km targeting. Cap only lasts for about 7-8 minutes with the entosis link and MWD, but you won't actually need to run your MWD until someone jumps into the system, at which point you just moonwalk off grid and disappear whenever your cycle ends.

Isn't a T2-cycle like two minutes? Sounds like a rather luck-based strategy, considering visitors can and will appear at the worst possible moment.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Demiurge4 posted:

Getting some of those things will be tricky, before in the past I've used this recipe (it uses two spoons of brown sugar) and I quite liked it. I'm not sure where to get liquid smoke and buying a whole bottle of whiskey just for this seems a bit much since I don't drink outside social gatherings, and almost never booze.

But I will drop by the butcher's today and see what I can get. Will report back with the results. Are you one of the guys in food jabber?

There are several recipes on that site, take a look at a couple, the whiskey one is probably not ideal if you don't really want to buy a bottle of whiskey just for some barbeque.

You can make liquid smoke by hand pretty easily, it's literally just condensate from smoking chips, i.e. mesquite, hickory, applewood, etc.

You take your wood, and burn it in a chiminea or really anything that funnels the smoke into a small chimney, a barbecue smoker works great for this, (dunno if they have them in Germany though). When you are burning your wood, you take a bundt pan, put it on top of the chimney, and place a pot lid or aluminum pie plate on top of the bundt pan, you want to allow some way for the smoke to escape though, else the smoke will snuff the fire out. Place ice packs or small bags of ice on top of the pie pan, which will chill it, condensing the smoke into the bottom of the bundt pan. When the wood is burned everything is cold, remove the bundt pan and bottle the liquid smoke in the bottom of the pan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxJtjg6PvSw

Here's a video of how to do it, bacon optional.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 12:01 on May 11, 2015

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~

Libluini posted:

Isn't a T2-cycle like two minutes? Sounds like a rather luck-based strategy, considering visitors can and will appear at the worst possible moment.
Nah, you'll be orbiting 250km from the structure. If someone enters local, turn your MWD on; if you think they might actually be able to catch you, align toward something facing away from the structure. If they're using probes, you'll be up to speed (7.5km/s without heat) long before they land on you. If they're not using probes, they don't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting anywhere near you. It doesn't matter how much time is left on your link cycle, because nothing other than maybe a 10mn MWD Svipul can catch you inside of two minutes.

Amberskin
Dec 22, 2013

We come in peace! Legit!

mikey posted:

Nah, you'll be orbiting 250km from the structure. If someone enters local, turn your MWD on; if you think they might actually be able to catch you, align toward something facing away from the structure. If they're using probes, you'll be up to speed (7.5km/s without heat) long before they land on you. If they're not using probes, they don't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting anywhere near you. It doesn't matter how much time is left on your link cycle, because nothing other than maybe a 10mn MWD Svipul can catch you inside of two minutes.

What about a sniping ship? Something like a tornado landing at a proper spot (100 kms-ish from the interceptor) could single-volley it. The interceptor will not be able to warp out during the entosis cycle, and if the tornado is properly boosted (and have links) it will be able to lock and squish it.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Amberskin posted:

What about a sniping ship? Something like a tornado landing at a proper spot (100 kms-ish from the interceptor) could single-volley it. The interceptor will not be able to warp out during the entosis cycle, and if the tornado is properly boosted (and have links) it will be able to lock and squish it.

We're talking about T3s. Good luck volleying down a Loki.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Libluini posted:

Scan down the Loki and warp inty's at it from different directions.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Libluini posted:

The EHP on that is 26k. How much does a Nado volley for?
Hell, you've got a big mass penalty (so no change of trying to get transversal) too plus your inflated sig from MWD'ing. The nado could possibly get multiple shots in. Or we could use another sniper. I dunno, man.

Hazdoc fucked around with this message at 12:43 on May 11, 2015

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Demiurge4 posted:

Scan down the Loki and warp inty's at it from different directions.

Hazdoc posted:

Hell, you've got a big mass penalty too plus your inflated sig from MWD'ing. The nado could possibly get multiple shots in. I dunno, man.

This is still valid in those cases: (And time for multiple shots?? Was the warp speed and acceleration of battlecruisers multiplied by ten when I wasn't looking?)

mikey posted:

But yeah, I guess if everything goes perfectly and the Tornado arrives just on grid when a new cycle begins and the T3-pilot was asleep at the wheel, then you could paste him. Maybe.

Libluini fucked around with this message at 12:47 on May 11, 2015

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Libluini posted:

This is still valid in those cases: (And time for multiple shots?? Was the warp speed and acceleration of battlecruisers multiplied by ten when I wasn't looking?)

But yeah, I guess if everything goes perfectly and the Tornado arrives just on grid when a new cycle begins and the T3-pilot was asleep at the wheel, then you could paste him. Maybe.

Well, if we're assuming you're using a special entosis trolling fit, we can assume the nado has some slight fittings for keeping up. Alternatively, if we add another nado, its over for sure. Your idea isn't bad, though, but it would hurt real bad to get caught with your pants down or get snagged by a very lucky interceptor or multiple snipers (perhaps an oracle would be better...?)

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
Probably snipers gangs like nodos will be quite used to clear out t3 or whatever ethonosis trolling ships will be on grid. All of those will be orbiting 200km+, and there will be no way to catch them in those two minutes of disabled warp timer.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
I have two questions about Entosis Links and Index defense:

1. Is there any way to activate an Entosis link without targeting a Fozzie-sov structure? If so, is it worth adding to the high-slot of bumping ships, such as Machariels or SFIs?
2. In terms of Index defense, do we really care if interceptors kill ratting ships optimized for ticks? Ratters have already gone through the economic analysis: it's cheaper to lose the occasional ship, and maximize income rate (or income rate/effort). Would not the same hold true for maintaining the index? That is: it's more efficient to have a bunch of ISK-optimized ratting ships--and to lose some occasionally--than to have a bunch of people running around trying to catch Interceptors.

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

mikey posted:

The 2 minute cycle will screw you up at some point or another, but the fit seems pretty solid especially for the 10km/s and 250km targeting. 7-8 minutes of cap is fine as long as you micro manage your modules, not even as much as you think

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Ynglaur posted:

I have two questions about Entosis Links and Index defense:

1. Is there any way to activate an Entosis link without targeting a Fozzie-sov structure? If so, is it worth adding to the high-slot of bumping ships, such as Machariels or SFIs?
2. In terms of Index defense, do we really care if interceptors kill ratting ships optimized for ticks? Ratters have already gone through the economic analysis: it's cheaper to lose the occasional ship, and maximize income rate (or income rate/effort). Would not the same hold true for maintaining the index? That is: it's more efficient to have a bunch of ISK-optimized ratting ships--and to lose some occasionally--than to have a bunch of people running around trying to catch Interceptors.

You don't have to activate it to get the mass addition, just fit it. It's like the penalty to scan resolution from a non-cov-ops cloak.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Dr. Pangloss posted:

You don't have to activate it to get the mass addition, just fit it. It's like the penalty to scan resolution from a non-cov-ops cloak.

Thanks. Does the mass addition from the T2 version put other ships into the Machariel's league in terms of bumping?

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
I think if you want to kill sov-trolls, the best bet is covops cloaked ships. Versus an interceptor with a T1 link, a rapier will absolutely ruin it. Wait until it's orbiting in your direction, decloak and get 2 webs on it. Can't warp off, can't run away, wham bam thank you ma'am.

But really if someone has fit a really dumb T3 that can't do anything but ping a structure at 250, I think the best response is to show up in a frigate with an entosis link of your own, sit next to the structure, and cock-block them.

mikey posted:

It does alert you when they activate the link module itself, not when the capture progress starts, right?
Nope! "Once the first cycle of the Entosis Link completes and the capture progress begins the Alliance who owns the structure will be notified of the attack"

So no warning until capture actually starts, and even with max indexes the longest you have to respond is 60 minutes. You can see why we're condensing our space.

Ynglaur posted:

The mass addition is just from being fit and online, it doesn't have to be active. So if you want more mass on your bumping ship that's a pretty easy addition. (Whether a freighter bumper needs more mass isn't a thing I know about. Isn't the current practice to go for continual small bumps rather than all-or-nothing monster bumps?)

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Fix Lag posted:

Unless there are significant changes to the economics regarding income and player density in sovereign nullsec coming wulith Fozziesov, it'll be another stick with no carrot like jump fatigue and Phoebe. You can't make a system require an average population of, say, 30 people for a good portion of the day without adding income streams to support them.

Well, don't you worry. They have promised, pinkie swore, that they're going to take a look at nulsec income and Do Something.

Amberskin
Dec 22, 2013

We come in peace! Legit!

Libluini posted:

Ouch, my bad. I got confused by the previous references to trollceptors.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Hazdoc posted:

Hell, you've got a big mass penalty (so no change of trying to get transversal) too plus your inflated sig from MWD'ing. The nado could possibly get multiple shots in. Or we could use another sniper. I dunno, man.

Not sure about things that aren't freighters, but in highsec we peg arty tornados at 10k per volley iirc.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

orange juche posted:

There are several recipes on that site, take a look at a couple, the whiskey one is probably not ideal if you don't really want to buy a bottle of whiskey just for some barbeque.

You can make liquid smoke by hand pretty easily, it's literally just condensate from smoking chips, i.e. mesquite, hickory, applewood, etc.

You take your wood, and burn it in a chiminea or really anything that funnels the smoke into a small chimney, a barbecue smoker works great for this, (dunno if they have them in Germany though). When you are burning your wood, you take a bundt pan, put it on top of the chimney, and place a pot lid or aluminum pie plate on top of the bundt pan, you want to allow some way for the smoke to escape though, else the smoke will snuff the fire out. Place ice packs or small bags of ice on top of the pie pan, which will chill it, condensing the smoke into the bottom of the bundt pan. When the wood is burned everything is cold, remove the bundt pan and bottle the liquid smoke in the bottom of the pan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxJtjg6PvSw

Here's a video of how to do it, bacon optional.

EVE Online 2015: The thread for learning how to make awesomely delicious ribs recipies.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Klyith posted:

I think if you want to kill sov-trolls, the best bet is covops cloaked ships. Versus an interceptor with a T1 link, a rapier will absolutely ruin it. Wait until it's orbiting in your direction, decloak and get 2 webs on it. Can't warp off, can't run away, wham bam thank you ma'am.

But really if someone has fit a really dumb T3 that can't do anything but ping a structure at 250, I think the best response is to show up in a frigate with an entosis link of your own, sit next to the structure, and cock-block them.

Nope! "Once the first cycle of the Entosis Link completes and the capture progress begins the Alliance who owns the structure will be notified of the attack"

So no warning until capture actually starts, and even with max indexes the longest you have to respond is 60 minutes. You can see why we're condensing our space.

The mass addition is just from being fit and online, it doesn't have to be active. So if you want more mass on your bumping ship that's a pretty easy addition. (Whether a freighter bumper needs more mass isn't a thing I know about. Isn't the current practice to go for continual small bumps rather than all-or-nothing monster bumps?)

How much EHP would a nullified T3 that can use an entosis at 250 km have? (with or without covert ops)

Technically you could just sit on the undock in a Raven and throw cruise missiles at it.

Edit: I am currently sitting in a hotel room in France so I can't :ullerrm: this stuff. The weather is infuriatingly hot but then so is the junior hotel manager. Win some, lose some.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 15:48 on May 11, 2015

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

hemophilia posted:

I haven't heard anybody call it 'jewing' since I've come back.

Is.... is this a joke?

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Fix Lag posted:

That has been the problem since forever. The only reason to hold Sov was dick waving when you compare the cost vs the benefits. Doesn't help that every time a benefit for pve in null sec is found it is nerfed into the ground. Making null sec worth living in should have been the first thing to happen rather than just making it more of a pain in the arse.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Zephyrine posted:

How much EHP would a nullified T3 that can use an entosis at 250 km have? (with or without covert ops)

Technically you could just sit on the undock in a Raven and throw cruise missiles at it.

Edit: I am currently sitting in a hotel room in France so I can't :ullerrm: this stuff. The weather is infuriatingly hot but then so is the junior hotel manager. Win some, lose some.
A Golem sitting at 0 on the structure can run a link and hit out past 250km.

The whole plan is dumb though, because it's countered by a goddamn newbie frigate with a link of it's own.

If you want to kill the guy, get a Svipul with combat probes. You know exactly what grid he's on, so you drop probes from off Dscan, probe him down, then warp on top of him because he can't run his MWD permanently.

Why anyone would even risk a T3 to do this is beyond me.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

A Golem sitting at 0 on the structure can run a link and hit out past 250km.

Seems a bit expensive and specific on the skillpoints.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

As a heads up, anyone who enabled the 2FA and used the google authenticator, CCP removed it from your account and you have to go set it up again. The email part still works, just not the authenticator

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

I've never heard of tractor beams being called the "Jew Claw" but that's pretty drat funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Oh hey new thread.

various cheeses posted:

I've never heard of tractor beams being called the "Jew Claw" but that's pretty drat funny.

Back when noctises came out I remember somebody saying something in regards to that.

• Locked thread