Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

sportsgenius86 posted:

The TNA Asylum Pioneer Award in there is just perfect

Was it awarded to him, and does it say "Shave Smeltzer" on it?

Or is it the one they gave to AJ Styles, and he tossed it at Dave to keep instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world

Two Beans posted:

Was it awarded to him, and does it say "Shave Smeltzer" on it?

Or is it the one they gave to AJ Styles, and he tossed it at Dave to keep instead?

it's a photoshop

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Another Person posted:

Tibetan monks who worship a yeti scalp (also, Dean says at one point they showed the scalp to JFK... in the 70s or 80s. Yeah)

Haha what? Does he think JFK is still alive and travelling the world for paranormal reasons or something?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Aesop Poprock posted:

Haha what? Does he think JFK is still alive and travelling the world for paranormal reasons or something?

if dean leaves wwe we need a conspiracy roundtable with him and londrick

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Another Person posted:

That TIJ with Dean was preeeetty good. Basically 2 minutes of wrestling politics were discussed (diva appearance when off the clock and how attitudes have changed for the good slightly since the 90s and 00s), and then just another 50 odd minutes of total dumb bullshit about Bigfoot, the Loch Ness monster, Tibetan monks who worship a yeti scalp (also, Dean says at one point they showed the scalp to JFK... in the 70s or 80s. Yeah), Dean chatting ghost stories with the Usos, and my favourite bit, the fact that Bo and Bray buy into literally any Nat Geo, Discovery or History channel conspiracy show that is put in front of them. I like how, as a believer in the possibility of Bigfoot and ghosts, Dean Ambrose manages to position himself as one of the saner backstage guys.

As a big After Dark fan, I must hear this at once.

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
Dean making fun of Bo/Bray for believing everything they see on tv made me laugh a lot more then it had any business doing

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

triplexpac posted:

Haha oh god I just noticed the crazy angle Dave's leg is bent

Dave clearly does Bulgarian Lunges while working in order to maximize efficiency, after all there's only 24 hours in a day and if you take away the 45 minutes of sleep that leaves only 23 hours, 15 minutes for Dave to get everything done!

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
That photo is the Zapruder film for wrestling meta-fans.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I gotta say, Meltzer looks nothing like what I imagined him as. I imagined him as being bigger, and bald.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Sky Shadowing posted:

I gotta say, Meltzer looks nothing like what I imagined him as. I imagined him as being bigger, and bald.

There's a reason they call him Big Dave.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Jerusalem posted:

Dave clearly does Bulgarian Lunges while working in order to maximize efficiency, after all there's only 24 hours in a day and if you take away the 45 minutes of sleep that leaves only 23 hours, 15 minutes for Dave to get everything done!

he does talk about working out while watching smackdown a lot

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

WeaponX posted:

Jesus I just noticed what appears to be a box for a new computer monitor underneath the desk on the left. This makes dave using that hilarious crt even better

sadly sometime after this picture was posted he said he did replace the old monitor

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Spermgod posted:

he does talk about working out while watching smackdown a lot

Yeah, Dave used to talk about working out a lot and he still talks about his bicycle. He's like 55 now so I don't blame him for being tiny man.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Sky Shadowing posted:

Dave was loving ripped in the 80s and 90s. I remember 5-6 years ago seeing a picture of a newspaper clipping from the late 90s of Dave describing his workout routine.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
knowing how wrestlers are being a jacked up guy probably helped him a lot in making contacts and gaining the respect of The Boys

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Spermgod posted:

knowing how wrestlers are being a jacked up guy probably helped him a lot in making contacts and gaining the respect of The Boys

vince and Dave used to spend more time talking about bodybuilding than wrestling apparently.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The audio quality on the latest Talkin' Shop isn't great, and it's not like most shows since it's more Court Bauer interviewing Rocky and Karl. Still fun though, and with some pretty great stories. The best for me being Court explaining that Vince McMahon couldn't quite grasp/fathom/accept that Luke Gallows was 20 years old and half suspecting he'd been working for Carlos Colon in Puerto Rico for the last ten years under Vince's radar.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I finally read the text dump about the UWF. Jesus, how did he think a third-rate PPV held in a shithole (I live in Bradenton and you are not going to draw 1,000 people to the Civic Center in 1991, let alone 3,500) with no clearance was going to go? Nobody's driving from Tampa for a third-rate PPV.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Sigma posted:

That photo is the Zapruder film for wrestling meta-fans.

His leg is going back and to the left, back and to the left, back and to the left

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Thanks to whoever it is out there on the big ol' Internet who asked Dave that question about Shane Douglas's half-a-billion spent on TNA, so Dave could scoff at them instead of me :)

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Jerusalem posted:

The audio quality on the latest Talkin' Shop isn't great, and it's not like most shows since it's more Court Bauer interviewing Rocky and Karl. Still fun though, and with some pretty great stories. The best for me being Court explaining that Vince McMahon couldn't quite grasp/fathom/accept that Luke Gallows was 20 years old and half suspecting he'd been working for Carlos Colon in Puerto Rico for the last ten years under Vince's radar.

I wasn't really a fan of the show... I don't think I like Court Bauer

Edit: Oh god I looked at the photo again and I remembered when the mystery Beatles poster showed up on Dave's wall

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 13:55 on May 10, 2015

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

triplexpac posted:

I don't think I like Court Bauer

Whats there to like? ;)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Luigi Thirty posted:

I finally read the text dump about the UWF. Jesus, how did he think a third-rate PPV held in a shithole (I live in Bradenton and you are not going to draw 1,000 people to the Civic Center in 1991, let alone 3,500) with no clearance was going to go? Nobody's driving from Tampa for a third-rate PPV.

Herb Abrams enters into that gray area between willfully stupid and neurologically incapable of understanding cause and effect.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Muddy Burphy posted:

Who's in the framed picture next to the Cyborg/Carano poster? It looks like An Snow and Tito Ortiz, but I can't wrap my head around a reason that would happen.

Al Snow and Daniel Puder

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Oh, hi, Mark!

http://shoutengine.com/MemeLovinDudecast/chapter-the-seventeenth-supershow-9245

http://shoutengine.com/MemeLovinDudecast.xml

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

coconono posted:

Herb Abrams enters into that gray area between willfully stupid and neurologically incapable of understanding cause and effect.

I have most of the original 1-hour UWF episodes on some DVD's - I should really upload them to Youtube at some point. Reading back through Meltzer's notes about the NY crowd making GBS threads all over the tapings and the non-finishes would explain why all the episodes have sweetened sound.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

EugeneJ posted:

I have most of the original 1-hour UWF episodes on some DVD's - I should really upload them to Youtube at some point. Reading back through Meltzer's notes about the NY crowd making GBS threads all over the tapings and the non-finishes would explain why all the episodes have sweetened sound.

if you can get past YT's copyright bots, that would be awesome.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

BRENT KREMEN is on the new B&V

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

njsykora posted:

BRENT KREMEN is on the new B&V

I took it from listening that he's been on before, but I have to say I found the whole thing unsettling and a little distasteful - the guy sounds like he has some serious issues and giving him even this kind of platform probably feeds his delusions, and putting him on to laugh at him just seemed cruel.

I've known incredulous, highly-strung people like him before who take every single conspiracy theory they ever read as gospel and get really, genuinely upset over utter nonsense, so maybe it just struck a little close to home to me and I'm reading too much into things - but yeah, that wasn't fun to listen to.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Obligatory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY60wbTotIc

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

I took it from listening that he's been on before, but I have to say I found the whole thing unsettling and a little distasteful - the guy sounds like he has some serious issues and giving him even this kind of platform probably feeds his delusions, and putting him on to laugh at him just seemed cruel.

I've known incredulous, highly-strung people like him before who take every single conspiracy theory they ever read as gospel and get really, genuinely upset over utter nonsense, so maybe it just struck a little close to home to me and I'm reading too much into things - but yeah, that wasn't fun to listen to.

he seriously sounded like he was almost freaking out at some points, it was weird

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

What's the deal with Brent? I don't remember him other than Bryan doesn't actually like him very much and he got kicked out of some Empire meetup for making creepy comments about Dave's children.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

What's the deal with Brent? I don't remember him other than Bryan doesn't actually like him very much and he got kicked out of some Empire meetup for making creepy comments about Dave's children.

Isn't he the guy who wanted to bring his prison pen-pal to watch a PPV at Bryan's house?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Luigi Thirty posted:

Brent is a guy Bryan has known for a long time, who either has a diagnosed or undiagnosed mental disorder, and he swoops in periodically to wreak havoc upon Bryan and Vinny. That's really all there is to it.

I don't know if he got kicked out of the Empire meetup I think you're referring to, but I do specifically remember Brent asked Bryan if it would be okay if he asked Dave if his son was circumcised. Bryan did not let him.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
My favorite Brent story is when he went up to Lance Storm & asked "Have you seen Lance anywhere?" Lance told him that he hadn't.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Can we get Wang a show to spite Brent?

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

From listening to old bits on YouTube I think Brent also had a couple of DPJs(drinky-poos, Julian) and ruined a chinese buffet outing maybe

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

For the full Brent experience, listen to the post-Bryan's wedding show from 2010. It's basically a solid hour of Brent stories.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Mob posted:

From listening to old bits on YouTube I think Brent also had a couple of DPJs(drinky-poos, Julian) and ruined a chinese buffet outing maybe

yeah i think the impetus for him to be further estranged from B&V was that china buffet day. he apparently had to get picked up along side the road and then didn't have any money which bryan discovered after brent ate and was supposed to pay.

along with all the awkwardness around their weddings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

If it makes you feel any better Brent basically forces his way into their lives every year or so

edit: pretty sure last time he found email addresses for Vinny's relatives or something in order to contact them

The D in Detroit fucked around with this message at 13:57 on May 11, 2015

• Locked thread