Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
I think most LL101 macro dumps can be replaced with 'So if liberals [Swedish Chef dialogue]' at this point because everything that he types is pure gibberish/bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Rick_Hunter posted:

I think most LL101 macro dumps can be replaced with 'So if liberals [Swedish Chef dialogue]' at this point because everything that he types is pure gibberish/bullshit.

I'm pretty sure at this point you could post "liberals are lizard men from Mars that eat babies and poo poo German cars" and you'd get a wave of agreement from the right.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I'm pretty sure at this point you could post "liberals are lizard men from Mars that eat babies and poo poo German cars" and you'd get a wave of agreement from the right.

It's kind of a pain honestly, they really clog the toilet.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
How many babies per German car are we talking here?

And are we talking Mercedes or Trabants?

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
I get having a chat about politics, but the amount of effort put into making, sharing and spreading these images must be exhausting. Especially the negative ones, it just wears you out.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Why does everyone keep calling hiking boots work boots?

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.

The Republican candidates are so stupid that they make Hillary Clinton look good in comparison.

Googling "outrage over children killed at waco" got me 4.4 million results.

A problem that has the potential to cause the extinction of the human race. And also some problems with the economy and a local terrorist group that's making a lot of noise.

Getting health care through the ACA is cheap enough that you could do it with some nickels. Not really, but it's not that bad, especially compared to before, when if you have a preexisting condition and insurance companies refused to provide you with insurance at any price.

Conservatives: We weren't thinking about childishly insulting people to provoke a reaction before, but we think we'll try it now. No, I've never heard of "being the better man." Is that some kind of gay thing?

It's almost like they're more concerned about the politician's actual policies than their net worth per se.

Texas: We shoot people and pretend it's a good thing.

Pictured: A couple of the exceptions to the rule, albeit ones with little chance of getting any real power.

What Christian violence in central Africa?

Yeah, that darn Al Sharpton, always dividing us, spreading hate and devoid of nuance-

quote:

What does God require of us? In three weeks, we saw Marlene Pinnock, a woman in Los Angeles, laid out on the freeway, Congresswoman Maxine Waters, a California highway patrolman hit her 15 times on video, with no weapon in her hand, nothing, no threat to her. Right after that, a man, they said he had loosie cigarettes, and they put an illegal chokehold on him — a man videoed it, eleven times he said he couldn’t breathe – and the policeman wouldn’t let him go. Later that week, we see Michael lying on the ground. America, it’s time to deal with policing! We are not the haters, we’re the healers!

What does it require of us? We can’t have a fit; we’ve got to have a movement. A fit you get mad and run out for a couple of nights. A movement means we’ve got to be here for the long haul, and turn our chants into change, our demonstration into legislation, we have got to stay on this so we can stop this. We need the Congress to have legislation about guidelines in policing. We need to have a fair, impartial investigation. Those that are compromised will not be believed. And we need those that are bad cops – we are not anti-police, we respect police – but those police that are wrong need to be dealt with, just like those in our community are wrong need to be dealt with.

Let us be real clear: The only thing, if you have a bushel of apples, the only thing that messes up good apples is if you don’t take the rotten apples out the bushel. We are not the ones making the cops look bad; it’s the bad apples that you won’t take out the bushel.

What does God require? We’ve got to be straight up in our community, too. We have to be outraged at a 9-year-old girl killed in Chicago. We have to be outraged by our disrespect for each other. Our disregard for each other. Our killing and shooting and running around gun-toting each other. So that they are justifying trying to come at us because some of us act like the definition of blackness is how low you can go. Blackness has never been about being a gangster or thug. Blackness was no matter how low we was pushed down, we rose up anyhow.

Minghawk
Oct 9, 2012

Yawgmoft posted:

Why does everyone keep calling hiking boots work boots?

Thanks for mentioning that, because it's been confusing the hell out of me since these memes started. I'd assumed it was some sort of UK/US difference, as it's always sand-coloured ankle-length hiking boots. You'd be legally prohibited from entering a building site in the UK wearing something as dainty as that.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I guess maybe we should start using the Rwandan genocide instead of the crusades, just to keep up to date on terrible atrocities.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Guilty Spork posted:

What does God require of us? In three weeks, we saw Marlene Pinnock, a woman in Los Angeles, laid out on the freeway, Congresswoman Maxine Waters, a California highway patrolman hit her 15 times on video, with no weapon in her hand, nothing, no threat to her. Right after that, a man, they said he had loosie cigarettes, and they put an illegal chokehold on him — a man videoed it, eleven times he said he couldn’t breathe – and the policeman wouldn’t let him go. Later that week, we see Michael lying on the ground. America, it’s time to deal with policing! We are not the haters, we’re the healers!

What does it require of us? We can’t have a fit; we’ve got to have a movement. A fit you get mad and run out for a couple of nights. A movement means we’ve got to be here for the long haul, and turn our chants into change, our demonstration into legislation, we have got to stay on this so we can stop this. We need the Congress to have legislation about guidelines in policing. We need to have a fair, impartial investigation. Those that are compromised will not be believed. And we need those that are bad cops – we are not anti-police, we respect police – but those police that are wrong need to be dealt with, just like those in our community are wrong need to be dealt with.

Let us be real clear: The only thing, if you have a bushel of apples, the only thing that messes up good apples is if you don’t take the rotten apples out the bushel. We are not the ones making the cops look bad; it’s the bad apples that you won’t take out the bushel.

What does God require? We’ve got to be straight up in our community, too. We have to be outraged at a 9-year-old girl killed in Chicago. We have to be outraged by our disrespect for each other. Our disregard for each other. Our killing and shooting and running around gun-toting each other. So that they are justifying trying to come at us because some of us act like the definition of blackness is how low you can go. Blackness has never been about being a gangster or thug. Blackness was no matter how low we was pushed down, we rose up anyhow.

Can you pass a source on that Sharpton quote? Just so I can back it up after throwing it at people who think Sharpton's just a 'race hustler'?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

AdjectiveNoun posted:

Can you pass a source on that Sharpton quote? Just so I can back it up after throwing it at people who think Sharpton's just a 'race hustler'?

Seriously, that quote is some good stuff.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I believe it is from the eulogy he delivered at Michael Brown's funeral.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Minghawk posted:

Thanks for mentioning that, because it's been confusing the hell out of me since these memes started. I'd assumed it was some sort of UK/US difference, as it's always sand-coloured ankle-length hiking boots. You'd be legally prohibited from entering a building site in the UK wearing something as dainty as that.

No its the same here. If you waked on site with a Vasque Breeze (pictured) you'd be sent home.

Of course, the other important thing to mention is just having work boots does not somehow give you a free pass to a construction job. Do you want to know why they didn't steal workboots? They don't have construction jobs! Those aren't even a thing for a vast majority of jobs either.

TheMaskedChemist
Mar 30, 2010

Prism posted:

It's kind of a pain honestly, they really clog the toilet.

You should eat more fiber, Volkswagens are a lot easier to deal with.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Yeah honestly I've worked a bunch of manual labor jobs in my life and I've never had work boots. Nowadays there are very few jobs that they'd be useful for. We don't really have a lot of factories anymore. Most jobs are service jobs and work boots would just be a pain in the rear end. In any case, if you had the choice, why would you steal work boots? I'd rather steal the really fashionable or really expensive poo poo instead. You can then either flip them for cash or just enjoy having something nice for a change.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Kit Walker posted:

Yeah honestly I've worked a bunch of manual labor jobs in my life and I've never had work boots. Nowadays there are very few jobs that they'd be useful for. We don't really have a lot of factories anymore. Most jobs are service jobs and work boots would just be a pain in the rear end. In any case, if you had the choice, why would you steal work boots? I'd rather steal the really fashionable or really expensive poo poo instead. You can then either flip them for cash or just enjoy having something nice for a change.

it's important to let everyone know that poor people who live in cities can just take one of a handful of rural jobs, this will in no way cause rural people to freak out about Them taking Our Jobs

or, for many people, the only real work you can do is backbreaking and filthy. anything else isn't really worth your time

my farmer grandfather asked me about my day to day job and after fifteen minutes he gave up trying to understand. i might as well be a warlock for all he knows

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
Don't forget the corollary! Anybody who is forced to do one of those filthy backbreaking jobs is of lower worth as a human being, and thus does not deserve to be able to feed their family or go to the doctor.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ErIog posted:

Don't forget the corollary! Anybody who is forced to do one of those filthy backbreaking jobs is of lower worth as a human being, and thus does not deserve to be able to feed their family or go to the doctor.

so long as it's other people. i work hard for my money, good honest labor. none of this sissy air conditioned office work where you jack off behind a computer for six hours and call it quits. i make real things that real americans use, i don't just flip burgers or fold shirts

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

ErIog posted:

Unless you're a farmer, in which case you're so filthy and your back is so broken that you are the American Dream.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Why is it that all these assholes who bitch about minorities complaining think that Irish jokes are either relevant or the height of comedy?

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Why is it that all these assholes who bitch about minorities complaining think that Irish jokes are either relevant or the height of comedy?

Because mentally they are still in the 19th century

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Living in the northeast where basically every white person is of Irish or half-Irish descent, making Irish jokes is seen as a fun self-deprecating jab.

The problem is some people start going "Well I don't mind Irish jokes, why do [THOSE PEOPLE] get upset at stereotypes?!" not understanding that A. It's ok when you're making fun of yourself and B.Irish people don't face any real discrimination for being Irish (not anymore anyway).

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Because the people who faced real discrimination for being Irish are already dead, and have been dead for awhile. The people who face discrimination for being black or hispanic are still being born.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

RagnarokAngel posted:

Living in the northeast where basically every white person is of Irish or half-Irish descent, making Irish jokes is seen as a fun self-deprecating jab.

The problem is some people start going "Well I don't mind Irish jokes, why do [THOSE PEOPLE] get upset at stereotypes?!" not understanding that A. It's ok when you're making fun of yourself and B.Irish people don't face any real discrimination for being Irish (not anymore anyway).

Impossible, people in the northeast can't be racist. After all, they won the Civil War.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

SquadronROE posted:

Because the people who faced real discrimination for being Irish are already dead
Or live in Britain, which is similar.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
I've got a facebook... er, acquaintance who is basically the RSS feed for this thread. WND, Breitbart, Crowder, etc. Every day, multiple times a day. Hates everything the government does. Also evangelical. Doesn't believe evolution is real. Constant rants about liberal bias in higher education. (he was a college professor, so he knows!) PHD in higher education administration, so apparently a degree in being a bureaucrat is ok if he does it.

And then today, shares a photo from George Takei.

:psyduck:

Granted, just a silly goof about being from Minnesota and nothing to do with homosexuals, but still.

edit: seconds later, next post is from our friend Bradlee Dean.

vez veces
Dec 15, 2006

The engineer blew the whistle,
and the fireman rung the bell.

Tucker Carlson carries so much desperation in that bowtie.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
Can anyone give me one reason why anyone would wear a bow-tie that isn't either in a tuxedo or an 8-yo boy?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Gravel Gravy posted:

Can anyone give me one reason why anyone would wear a bow-tie that isn't either in a tuxedo or an 8-yo boy?

Used car salesman costume.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Gravel Gravy posted:

Part of your valet uniform.

Edit:
Chippendale dancer.

Pleasing Shape
Jan 9, 2004

The Vitally Important Pelvic Thrust
Popcorn magnate. Boss in a New Yorker cartoon.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Wouldn't be surprised if Carlson's boytie goes all the way back to being an 8 year old.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Bowties seem to be making a comeback in NYC

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Gravel Gravy posted:

University Professor? (assuming you pair it with a tweed coat with leather elbows)

Choadmaster
Oct 7, 2004

I don't care how snug they fit, you're nuts!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Gravel Gravy posted:

How do you wear a bow tie in an 8-yo boy? :stonk:

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Guavanaut posted:

How do you wear a bow tie in an 8-yo boy? :stonk:

God... loving dammit.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Yawgmoft posted:

Bowties seem to be making a comeback in NYC

hipsters don't really bring anything 'back', think of it more as they are deliberately degrading the condition by which people do not wear bowties

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
Speaking of hipsters one of my old roommates would always listen to country music on an old disc recorder and always wore an undershirt and tried to mimic a folksy speech even though he comes from upscale, white suburban LA. He was basically a hipster, only trying to imitate a redneck and be a Real American™.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Speaking of hipsters one of my old roommates would always listen to country music on an old disc recorder and always wore an undershirt and tried to mimic a folksy speech even though he comes from upscale, white suburban LA. He was basically a hipster, only trying to imitate a redneck and be a Real American™.

thats just an identity crisis