Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Did he design the N52 Teen Titans? Cause those the TT costumes are awful across the board. Especially Tim Drake and Raven .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

His style isn't bad but it isn't superheroey. Stuff works for a fantasy take on DC, and I would be very down for that.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
That Green Lantern outfit would work for Alan Scott, but not the main lanterns.

Not sure why they don't just take the Stargirl and go the David Knight costume route with her, if they just cannot keep old costumes.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Dacap posted:

Did he design the N52 Teen Titans? Cause those the TT costumes are awful across the board. Especially Tim Drake and Raven .

Pretty sure it was Brett Booth.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Anora posted:

That Green Lantern outfit would work for Alan Scott, but not the main lanterns.

Not sure why they don't just take the Stargirl and go the David Knight costume route with her, if they just cannot keep old costumes.
David Knight wore the original Starman costume.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Wasn't that Jack? David wore a leather jacket and goggles.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Gatts posted:

I seriously like the designs in the link below. Or at least the artist's style. These are very interesting.

http://imgur.com/gallery/ZQnAM

I guess it might be too much for a monthly comic but a lot of rpgs have beautiful and amazing designs. I'd love more of that influence in movies and specials.

Aquaman being a fish dude cosplaying a human is great.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Anora posted:

Jack was the jacket & goggles. David was the classic costume.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Anora posted:

No, you have them reversed.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Gatts posted:

I seriously like the designs in the link below. Or at least the artist's style. These are very interesting.

http://imgur.com/gallery/ZQnAM

I guess it might be too much for a monthly comic but a lot of rpgs have beautiful and amazing designs. I'd love more of that influence in movies and specials.

There should be a trippy as gently caress Elseworlds to go with this art.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
I love those Wonder Woman designs, it'd be nice if the blue one had kept the vaguely modern tactical idea and given her some god drat pants.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The blue one reads much more as Donna Troy to me (probably the hair), but it's solid. The others? I don't dislike any of them and agree they'd make for a pimping Elseworld wardrobe but that's about it.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

I love costume designs and tweaks by Chris Samnee, he always perfectly hits the sweet spot between classic and modern

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Thor's tiny helmet is dragging that design right down for me. It looks really ornamental and clashes with the rest of his clothing, which otherwise seems very practical.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Skull caps are a lot more practical than what Thor usually wears.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I love that Iron Man armor and would really like an action figure of it. My favorite Iron Man armor of all time might be the Mark I suit from the first movie, so his is like a cleaner, more symmetrical version of that.

Samnee's Ant-Man/Giant-Man design is awesome, too.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Heh, I forgot about that issue of Thor:TMA. Probably the best joke of the run when Brian Braddock 'sneaks out' to become Captain Britain and everyone in the pub basically tells the Warriors Three "Shhh, just pretend you can't tell it's him".

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Red Bones posted:

Thor's tiny helmet is dragging that design right down for me. It looks really ornamental and clashes with the rest of his clothing, which otherwise seems very practical.

Well, except for the cape.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Alhazred posted:

Well, except for the cape.

Cloaks are perfectly practical space viking travel wear. It even comes with a hood.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

fatherboxx posted:

I love costume designs and tweaks by Chris Samnee, he always perfectly hits the sweet spot between classic and modern

These are sick as hell.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Arkham Knight bonus costume.

Hmm... how can we fix this...

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

New Aquaman costume for July,

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Boy, that's not a costume that won't get mangled by every artist who draws it or anything.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It's been a while since I've seen Aquaman not scowling.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Last page of the last issue, bud!

The new belt's a bit too Dr Fate-y.

e: Nice to see what seem to be some Polynesian designs in there, though.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 05:41 on May 12, 2015

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I like it but I agree with Endless Mike that there are gonna be a lot of artists who gently caress up drawing that.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Red Bones posted:

Thorsterix.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I just saw this DLC promo for Arkham Knight, the Batman Beyond suit is ridiculously overdesigned

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Dacap posted:

I just saw this DLC promo for Arkham Knight, the Batman Beyond suit is ridiculously overdesigned

What the gently caress :stonk:

EDIT: for reference

Benny the Snake fucked around with this message at 02:19 on May 24, 2015

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

It's really not that much busier than the Nolan batsuit or the default Arkham Knight Batman. Granted both of those are awful designs but still this isn't that big a deviation from the progression of robo-Batman from Arkham Asylum. He started out as a relatively normal Batman but with big mechanical gauntlet things and he's gotten more and more Iron Man in every game since.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Dacap posted:

Jesus, what the hell are they doing? Here's the Arkham City Batman Beyond suit, for comparison.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Isn't there a new Batman Beyond coming out or something? Maybe they're changing the costume for that?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dacap posted:

Holy poo poo.

Edit: wait, the new one is rated M? The others were T, is it really that much more violent?

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 06:34 on May 24, 2015

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

ESRB posted:

This is an action-adventure game in which players primarily assume the role of Batman as he battles several villains spreading chaos across Gotham City. Players traverse a variety of locations around Gotham while battling thugs, examining crime scenes, and occasionally rescuing hostages. Players engage in melee-style combat using punches, kicks, and gadgets (e.g., batarangs, explosives). Enemies cry out in pain when struck, and some takedowns are highlighted by brief slow-motion effects and loud impact sounds. Some sequences allow players to use tank-like vehicles with machine gun turrets and rockets to shoot enemies; a vehicle's wheels are also used to torture an enemy in one sequence. Cutscenes depict characters getting shot (on and off camera) while restrained or unarmed. Large bloodstains/pools of blood appear in crime scenes and in the aftermath of violent acts; one room depicts a person torturing a character on a bloody operating table. During the course of the game, players can shoot unarmed characters and a hostage. Neon signs in a red-light district read “live nude girls” and “XXX.” The words “b*tch,” “gobsh*te,” and “a*s” appear in the dialogue.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Ehh. The aim was obviously to make it fit in universe, which it totally does. Maybe they should've said "BB inspired armor" instead of "Become Batman Beyond."
I might wear that over the stock one if they let me use alternates from the start. Please, Rocksteady?

e: I didn't mean that. This'll be my Batman...

Teenage Fansub posted:

Arkham Knight bonus costume.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 07:08 on May 24, 2015

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I was actually digging that redesign of Batman Beyond until I realized it wasn't empty. Why even pretend to have traditional cowl when it's a full mask?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Ehh. The aim was obviously to make it fit in universe, which it totally does. Maybe they should've said "BB inspired armor" instead of "Become Batman Beyond."
I might wear that over the stock one if they let me use alternates from the start. Please, Rocksteady?

e: I didn't mean that. This'll be my Batman...

I used a cheat code to unlock all costumes at the beginning of Arkham City and played the game as Denny O'Neal Batman (The blue and grey one). I miss blue in the Batman costume. But the entire point of the Beyond costume is being sleeker with less fiddly bits than other future Batman costumes.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Doctor Spaceman posted:

one room depicts a person torturing a character on a bloody operating table
Professor Pyg confirmed.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

jeff glover wearing a wolverine costume at a grappling tournament

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJFjx8NuW38

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Dacap posted:

This makes me so much angrier than it should. Like, I might get that they couldn't make a normal Beyond suit stretch over Batman's model in the game since Arkham Knight's Batsuit looks ridiculously overdesigned already, but then DKR Batman is right there and looks totally normal. So... why?

It's like if you asked a 15 year old on DeviantArt to draw Batman Beyond, "and make it fuckin' rad"

• Locked thread