Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Pierson posted:

Not that tanking is really needed at the minute, it's kind of ridiculous. My gunner just hit 20 and got her first relic weapon. I immediately enchanted it to +9 and now she's killing the BAMs so fast I may just grind them to level.

That's basically what I've been doing on mine up to level 53 so far (elite also helps a lot. At the min level for a given relic weapon you can often down a BAM in less than a minute and with basically no danger. It's absurd compared to what it was like just last patch on my lancer or berserker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Grogsy posted:

Wait, you're talking about soloing level appropriate dungeons? As in around your level?

Yes.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Grogsy posted:

Wait, you're talking about soloing level appropriate dungeons? As in around your level?

Yes. It's not very hard until the 50-56 range and crazy good XP

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I do notice you can choose between 5man and solo versions now, which is better to run if you can solo either? Does the 5man version give more exp?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

You solo the 5 man version. Gunner does it super easy. I also did it super easy at 21 on my Lancer as soon as I got my first Avatar weapon. No idea on the other classes.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

FunkyFlashman posted:

I just did my first group in BoL as a warrior and boy is this unfun to play with gunners. I would need a slayers mobility if not more to keep up with them. Think i will roll a gunner like everyone else.

For what it's worth Berzerkers beat out Gunners in both PvP and PvE.

If they can catch up.
:shrug:

Tsurupettan posted:

You solo the 5 man version. Gunner does it super easy. I also did it super easy at 21 on my Lancer as soon as I got my first Avatar weapon. No idea on the other classes.

Archer/Sorcerer might have trouble and Priests/Mystics definetly can't but the melee classes can solo them if you can avoid getting hit.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 22:34 on May 10, 2015

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Kind of a weird question then but how long does it take an instance to reset if you just teleport inside and don't use the LFG tool? Cleared out BoL on my own and when I re-enter it's empty as a grave.

The rest are great too. :v: http://terafantic.tumblr.com/post/44328826251/drpoxo-tera-pvp-in-a-nutshell

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>
I've never seen anything represent a game this accurately. I wonder what the gunner would look like.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Stick figures of every other class wailing on some mob and getting all sweaty and worked up, then a final stick figure turning it into a mushroom cloud without breaking a sweat. :v:

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Pierson posted:

Kind of a weird question then but how long does it take an instance to reset if you just teleport inside and don't use the LFG tool? Cleared out BoL on my own and when I re-enter it's empty as a grave.

The rest are great too. :v: http://terafantic.tumblr.com/post/44328826251/drpoxo-tera-pvp-in-a-nutshell

This is pretty much how I pvped with my mates in Tera

Windchilla
May 30, 2009
So I've got a level 60 Warrior that I quit after the first month of the game. How is Warrior class in general and in PvP? I"m looking to play again, but I may end up starting a new mans if Warrior isn't still relatively amazing.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Phosphia posted:

I've never seen anything represent a game this accurately. I wonder what the gunner would look like.

It'll just be a picture of michael bay.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

I'm trying to find that one picture of a Lancer riding in a cart being pulled by the lowly DPS classes and fawned over by healers while a Warrior is dopily dragged behind, any idea what I'm talking about?

Pierson posted:

Stick figures of every other class wailing on some mob and getting all sweaty and worked up, then a final stick figure turning it into a mushroom cloud without breaking a sweat. :v:

Time Bomb is such an awesome skill.

Windchilla posted:

So I've got a level 60 Warrior that I quit after the first month of the game. How is Warrior class in general and in PvP? I"m looking to play again, but I may end up starting a new mans if Warrior isn't still relatively amazing.

I have no idea about PvP but Warriors are perfectly good at soloing stuff which is half the fun of TERA. They can tank better than they used to.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
e nvm

AMooseDoesStuff fucked around with this message at 05:27 on May 11, 2015

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
Slayers seem pretty cool to me. How do they stack up in the 'soloing things you probably shouldn't be able to' category?

Also, what makes Lancers fun? On paper, playing a slow tank class in solo/small group PvE seems like a terrible experience, but apparently plenty of people hold this class in high regard.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cathair posted:

Slayers seem pretty cool to me. How do they stack up in the 'soloing things you probably shouldn't be able to' category?

Also, what makes Lancers fun? On paper, playing a slow tank class in solo/small group PvE seems like a terrible experience, but apparently plenty of people hold this class in high regard.

Slayers don't really have any major form of mid-battle healing, so you're really relying on dodging if you want to solo things you shouldn't be able to.

Lancers own because they have shields the size of car doors and every skill they have has a satisfying impact, particularly wallop which lives up to its name. Leash is also a really good and unique skill. You get basically instant dungeon queues as one, and they're competent, if not terribly fast, at soloing things. Their skills also flow well together without feeling like rigidly forced combos. Mostly it's just having a cool weapon set, though. Heavy armor also looks really good in this game, such that it feels like the armor designers spent most of their time on it.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I just started as a Gunner and I dig it so far, though I fear that playing as a Gunner first may ruin other classes for me.

EDIT: There was a bunch of stupid poo poo here that could have been answered by reading the OP and/or playing the game. It is gone now.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 07:31 on May 11, 2015

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Unlucky7 posted:

I just started as a Gunner and I dig it so far, though I fear that playing as a Gunner first may ruin other classes for me.
All except reaper! Enjoy being trapped as bootylicious elves/demongirls/schoolchildren forever! Forever! FOREVERRRRRRR!

EDIT: Do exp scrolls tick down when offline? I know some weapon-effecting items do, not sure about scrolls. I have a ten-hour one but don't want to waste it.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 08:00 on May 11, 2015

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

chumbler posted:

Heavy armor also looks really good in this game, such that it feels like the armor designers spent most of their time on it.

Human male Plate looks like power armor mid to late game, so WH40K fans can pick Berserker/Lancer and pretend to be a big old spess muhreen with a Daemonslaying axe/lance and Pauldrons the size of children.

It worked for Tankred.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Pierson posted:

All except reaper! Enjoy being trapped as bootylicious elves/demongirls/schoolchildren forever! Forever! FOREVERRRRRRR!

I just tried out a Lancer and I feel that may be My poo poo as well.

Zaq
Jun 21, 2005

I haven't played in two years and my priest is still in the guild :confused:

The drat gunner tease drew me back in, and so far in the beginning it's really fun. Ridiculous, but fun.
Don't really know if I'll end up playing again for reals. They did give three days of free Elite status which does help to smooth out the leveling.

Misren
Nov 30, 2014

First the doctor told me the good news: I was going to have a disease named after me.
Gunner is indeed a fun class, got mine to 65 but playing other classes atm.

Best part of this is 99% of all gunners in pvp are trash and easy targets. /edge.
Worst part, 90% of the population is now gunners.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!

Windchilla posted:

Warrior's are the most fun you can have accomplishing nothing.

Tapeta
Aug 31, 2004
Ekaru Hoppa Do Pe Tapeta
Holla holla lemme in. Just applied as Alicefreeze.

Man, gunners are ridiculously fun. Soloing that first dungeon was amazing.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

The only trouble I've had so far was soloing that last boss in CR, the one where the guy has a blink and mirror image type thing. I had him down to about 5% and when he split I died because it was the first time I had seen him do it and just lightning everywhere. Once you get HB-2 you become somewhat immortal, although there are still a few things you can't just take on the chin.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Is there some kind of weird weapon level vs enemy level thing going on? I hosed up enchanting and accidentally deleted my 32 Avatar weapon and I'm stuck using my 26 one until 38. I was hitting for 2-3k in Sinestral Manor and now I'm only hitting for 200-400 in Ascent of Saravasti. How hosed am I?

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Pierson posted:

Is there some kind of weird weapon level vs enemy level thing going on? I hosed up enchanting and accidentally deleted my 32 Avatar weapon and I'm stuck using my 26 one until 38. I was hitting for 2-3k in Sinestral Manor and now I'm only hitting for 200-400 in Ascent of Saravasti. How hosed am I?

Those weapons have a hidden scaling thingee based off the level of the enemy you're fighting with them (or your level, one of the two), and they do poo poo all damage outside of that range.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
poo poo. Guess it's a good job I have an exp boost because I guess I'm gonna be grinding out lower-level stuff for a while.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

chumbler posted:

Slayers don't really have any major form of mid-battle healing, so you're really relying on dodging if you want to solo things you shouldn't be able to.

Hrmm. Seems unforgiving.

chumbler posted:

Lancers own because they have shields the size of car doors and every skill they have has a satisfying impact, particularly wallop which lives up to its name. Leash is also a really good and unique skill. You get basically instant dungeon queues as one, and they're competent, if not terribly fast, at soloing things. Their skills also flow well together without feeling like rigidly forced combos. Mostly it's just having a cool weapon set, though. Heavy armor also looks really good in this game, such that it feels like the armor designers spent most of their time on it.

Well alright then, I might have to give this a shot. Not many games let you be The Wall and actually make it fun.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I should clarify regarding slayers that they're not entirely without healing, as you can glyph overhand strike to heal for a pittance on every hit, which adds up considering how often they use it, but it's never going to do more than reduce down time or shrug off incidental damage.

I could never really get into playing a slayer but really like berserker, and I kinda suspect that most people will like one and dislike the other, since they're probably the most similar classes after priest/mystic. They both rely on a central rng gimmick (overhand strike resets for slayer, mammoth crits for berserker) that feels great when you get it and lovely when you don't, they have a lot of functionally similar attacks, and you'll feel constantly mana starved because they build their mana rather than having regular regen. The differences are slayers' damage is more sustained instead of single huge hits, and their mobility and evasion is much greater at the expense of direct defense and ability to heal. Try both and see which one clicks better for you.

Of course you're crazy if you play anything but gunner right now.

Grogsy
Feb 8, 2013

With so many gunners, would anyone mind posting some guides/tips?

How do you build for soloing dungeons at different levels, what do you do for pvp...

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Below level 50 you go in, murder everything and go out. Above level 50 you do the same but with priest buffs.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
So I started playing TERA -Fate of Arun-, decided to stay in Channel 1 and came across this lovely fellow.

Yeah. No.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Mash posted:

So I started playing TERA -Fate of Arun-, decided to stay in Channel 1 and came across this lovely fellow.

Yeah. No.

Honestly it looks like you just got trolled. But I guess you win the moral victory or some poo poo.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Honestly it looks like you just got trolled. But I guess you win the moral victory or some poo poo.

He had been going off about the Elin for a while in World chat. I think he started to try and twist it into trolling but I think he was legit.

Sanzio037
Dec 9, 2013
Should a gunner be set up with more power or crit?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Elin are for crushing under BAM feet only.

Well, and cuddling, on no particular order

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Grogsy posted:

With so many gunners, would anyone mind posting some guides/tips?

How do you build for soloing dungeons at different levels, what do you do for pvp...
I've soloed every pack of every dungeon with:

Open with Scattershot
Arc Bomb to stun
Time Bomb to keep them still
Arcane Barrage and instantly detonate it
At this point Time Bomb goes off and as they're in the air I charge Mana Missiles and it goes off when they come back down.
Pepper the entire thing with Replenishment whenever it's up and hope for Arcane Barrage procs.

Most mobs are usually 1/2 or 2/3rds to dead after the first Arcane Barrage. That skill is insane. Bastion of Lok and Sinestral Manor are easy as poo poo and you can pull whole rooms. I'm at Ascent of Saravasti now and it's a little harder. If I could get a second or third gunner in it would trivialise everything but I'm not sure if multiple people can enter the same instance via the teleporter, or whether you're forced to group with the LFG tool.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
While I do have DGKK invite privilidges I apparently don't have kick ones. We're at guild cap and I just tried to accept 3 applications only to discover that we're already full, and that the error message nonetheless consumes the applications. Please re-apply to DGKK if you still want to get in and I'll try to beg up kick privilidges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Super Space Jam 64 posted:

While I do have DGKK invite privilidges I apparently don't have kick ones. We're at guild cap and I just tried to accept 3 applications only to discover that we're already full, and that the error message nonetheless consumes the applications. Please re-apply to DGKK if you still want to get in and I'll try to beg up kick privilidges.

I'll kick a bunch when I'm home, can't delegate kicking privs

• Locked thread