Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Herv posted:

Hrm, I seem to have hit a snag on TDS progression. I am trying to get the following partisan task from Firiona Vie:

TDS Progression #5: The Absent Scholar
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=7707

The group missions don't show up under the quest log, but that seems to jibe with all the other ones I have done.
I have done all of the quests/missions in Tempest Temple fwiw.

She just says 'Sorry Herv, I don't have anything for someone with your abilities'.

I am lvl 103, anyone know what the am I missing here? I am sure I am borking up something but not quite sure what it is.

http://tds.eqresource.com/theabsentscholar.php Shows the same thing for requirements, try giving the request phrase, or doing http://tds.eqresource.com/thepellarussanctum.php

My day of doing TDS progression is a blur, all I really remember about katta is that didn't take too long and that people were starting to show up in zone while we were doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
OK, I was able to get the quest logging in again and not grouped, not sure which one did it but I am back on track, thanks.

Any exp spots/tips for 103-105? Just curious what spot/ha is preferred. The TDS tier1 ha's seem a bit skimpy on scrip and exp.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

They removed or extremely cut the xp nerf from old zones so grounds/valley is still fine if all you want is xp, only takes me a few hours of to go from 100 to 105 on all the powerleveled TOONS (hoohah triggered)

Or go up to HoT T4 or whatever

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Herv posted:

OK, I was able to get the quest logging in again and not grouped, not sure which one did it but I am back on track, thanks.

Any exp spots/tips for 103-105? Just curious what spot/ha is preferred. The TDS tier1 ha's seem a bit skimpy on scrip and exp.

My one level 105 basically lived in Valley until about 99 or so, then I recall doing mostly Gribble HAs. I actually solo'd quite a bit around the Temple in TDS (the shissar spawns). The per-kill exp is very good, but each kill can take a while.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Republicans posted:

Nooooo, people on the official forums are already complaining that leveling is too fast on the beta server because they can get 10% exp off of a fire beetle at Lv.1. I know Daybreak said they weren't gonna do the 2% cap again like Fippy had but I really hope they don't listen to those mutants who think slow leveling is both good and important.
Silly, getting 10% per mob at level 1 was precisely how it was in Classic. At level 2 it already starts getting tougher, and level 3 is indirectly tough because you can't handle even con level 3 mobs yet, and the level 1 mobs give crap XP. But that's how it was.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I was able to solo a monk equipped with gear taken from betabuff templates including a fungi tunic and a RBB 1-10 in a couple hours last night as something to do to earn the beta participation thingies. It's amazing to me that round kick and tiger claw are on separate cooldowns now so you can use both. Still might join the bandwagon and make a caster on live, though.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Thanks for the leveling suggestions folks. Probably going to finish things up in the COTF HA's looks like.

I have a couple group potions so that should help things out a bit.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
I think Node suggested Neriak static zone for lesson burning to me a few months ago. I'm not sure if HA kill xp is good now or not, but if it's not, try lesson burning there. Even Argin Hiz is decent if you can smash stuff fast enough there, the mob density is pretty good.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

darkhand posted:

I think Node suggested Neriak static zone for lesson burning to me a few months ago. I'm not sure if HA kill xp is good now or not, but if it's not, try lesson burning there. Even Argin Hiz is decent if you can smash stuff fast enough there, the mob density is pretty good.

Will try both and see what I get. I don't need much cotf scrip so can just grind it out as well.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Ragefire the new progression server which is currently in beta is now confirmed to be going live on 20th May, with an afternoon launch expected.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

Baconroll posted:

Ragefire the new progression server which is currently in beta is now confirmed to be going live on 20th May, with an afternoon launch expected.

Wow, that's way sooner than I expected. I guess I should settle on a character!

Dirt
May 26, 2003

What exactly do I need to buy to start playing on Ragefire when it goes live? (newest client + subscription?)

Haven't played eq live since like Luclin. No idea what the account info for it was either. So I'm looking to start from scratch.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Dirt posted:

What exactly do I need to buy to start playing on Ragefire when it goes live? (newest client + subscription?)

Haven't played eq live since like Luclin. No idea what the account info for it was either. So I'm looking to start from scratch.

Did you play on innoruuk and maybe hang out in an irc?

Download the EQ client from everquest.com, you'll need to have an all-access sub to play on ragefire. No expansion purchases needed

Snotty By Nature
Sep 11, 2007
Is there going to be a collaborated goon presence on Ragefire? Would be nice to maybe get a chill leveling guild going at the very least similar to OLW (R.I.P. Ascending Fearboners).

Moop Moop
Aug 26, 2006

Republicans posted:

beta participation thingies.

What are these and how do I get that?

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!

A Boy and His Herb. posted:

Is there going to be a collaborated goon presence on Ragefire? Would be nice to maybe get a chill leveling guild going at the very least similar to OLW (R.I.P. Ascending Fearboners).

There wasn't anything on last progression server so probably nothing this go around either.

Also gently caress that release date I have finals from the 20th to the 26th.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Moop Moop posted:

What are these and how do I get that?

They're gems you can loot from anything that can give exp. When you click on them you set off a little firework and the server recognizes it. Click an unspecified number of gems (50-ish based on previous events) during the beta to flag your account for some sort of reward when Ragefire goes live. The easiest way to get them is to twink out a Lv.1 character with stuff you strip from betabuffed characters and murder blue/white/yellow cons for five or ten levels.

Betabuffing, btw, is when you use the following command on a Lv.1 character: "/betabuff classname 20-100(divisible by 5)". For example, if you do "/betabuff monk 55" you will turn whatever Lv.1 character you made into a pre-made Lv.55 monk template. If I remember right that particular one has a fungi tunic and an RBB but make a bunch of different characters and take whatever loot they have you can make good use of at Lv.1.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

For the new people looking to play on ragefire, I've still got about 15 kronos to sell. I've been doing $8-10 each depending on quantity, and have sold around 20 to people in the thread already. Quick turn around time and paypal for payment.

Kronos are an in-game item that clicks for one month of all-access game time, they're account wide across EQ1 and EQ2 servers, so the trade can happen on any non-test/beta server. Basically I'm selling in-game time for less then soe charges because I don't need 5+ years of game time banked. My email is my sa name at gmail.com.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

jetz0r posted:

For the new people looking to play on ragefire, I've still got about 15 kronos to sell. I've been doing $8-10 each depending on quantity, and have sold around 20 to people in the thread already. Quick turn around time and paypal for payment.

Kronos are an in-game item that clicks for one month of all-access game time, they're account wide across EQ1 and EQ2 servers, so the trade can happen on any non-test/beta server. Basically I'm selling in-game time for less then soe charges because I don't need 5+ years of game time banked. My email is my sa name at gmail.com.

I might take you up on that. I have a Krono that was a gift, but I was thinking about doing a raid-copy warrior/cleric combo, levelling them up together with rogue and wizard mercs for DPS and some old-fashioned 4 Core gameplay.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

I'm definitely going to be playing like crazy early on if anyone wants to group with me. I'll most likely go ranger, but maybe pally or rogue. Halfling in any case.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

darkhand posted:

The developers did let Heroic Adventures benefit from Lessons of the Devoted, or exp pots. I believe it was Dzarn who worked on it, so chances are its working pretty well. Give that a shot. Doing the daily HAs are a really good form of getting exp now. You may want to skip some of the really difficult HAs, in particular the last theme in Dead Hills and maybe the second theme in Neriak where you have to fight that piece of loving poo poo golem every time.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Jotto posted:

There wasn't anything on last progression server so probably nothing this go around either.

Also gently caress that release date I have finals from the 20th to the 26th.
There was actually, we made a guild named <Grr Bark Bark Grr> or something, but it quickly fizzled out. Fippy still has a few hardc0re raider goons though.

I'll jump on Ragefire with a 2, possibly 3-box team, but I can't promise much socializing, since I'm in Euro timezone and will be busy moving and such in June, but I'll gladly join up for the heck of it.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

So Kunark is live in on the Beta server. Did they decide to ignore the vote and launch with Kunark?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Pilsner posted:

There was actually, we made a guild named <Grr Bark Bark Grr>

that's pro tier

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Devorum posted:

So Kunark is live in on the Beta server. Did they decide to ignore the vote and launch with Kunark?

Beta, beta beta beta, beta.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

jetz0r posted:

Beta, beta beta beta, beta.

Yeah...I suppose I just got my hopes up since they're also pushing people towards Kunark content by moving all beta stone drops there.

Snotty By Nature
Sep 11, 2007
Ragefire is officially going to be the best server ever.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/dev-camp-rules-on-tlp.220283/

tl:dr Daybreak rep confirms that there will be no play nice policy or camping rules, whoever does the most DPS wins. gently caress you, got mine.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Ragefire is officially going to be the best server ever.

quote:

Its going to be a DPS race/war. Highest DPS wins.

quote:

DPS wins in all situations.
hail satan

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
Gonna be interesting.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
I wonder if people are going to be able to get away with training. If so this could end up as hilarious and drama filled as the sullon zek raid scene.

Dompy Bear
Sep 9, 2004
Have you had your gin today?
I nominate Bark Grr Grr Bark as the official goon guild, as is tradition

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I havent played EQ1 in like 14 years, what class should I definitely not play on ragefire

also are they gonna open another server if ragefire is insanely crowded? this summer is pretty quiet mmowise, it could get super popular (relative to a normal EQ1 server anyway)

Flavahbeast fucked around with this message at 06:28 on May 13, 2015

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
Sounds more like Daybreak's continued policy of "not giving a poo poo about any sort of customer service" rather than a considered decision about what would be the most fun. Letting people all but slit each others' throats and say "It's not our problem!", I fancy, is just another way to save on staff.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I'm imagining Ragefire as a prison colony style server now and desperately wish it was pvp enabled too.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
oh my god Ragefire is going to be the best and i am going to reup for it for a few months and be the ranger the server needs

Irrational Man
Aug 10, 2004
I really think people are overestimating how great this is going to be if they have any end game ambitions at all. With the power balance skewed by certain classes and worldbosses being week long spawns, I can see this quickly becoming one (or a few) guy's mage-box teams just taking everything for 6 months. Anyone thinking they're going to relive their glory days, or worse, capture that top spot in the game that eluded them has failed to realize this server is going to be packed almost exclusively with these types at the top end and with the dearth of targets, its going to be really unsatisfying for most, by necessity. I wish they would have started a little later in the timeline so actual team play was more necessary (probably at velious where 2-3 boxers monopolizing everything starts to become impossible and a team of real players is necessary).

I want to play this but I can see how even stuff like guk/solb is going to be massively overcrowded and not really fun, because there will be little to no danger because of overcrowdedness and power creep. I want to like this but I think the best bet is keep expectations super low and play ultra casually. Hopefully if enough people sub for this, and problems do arise, there's enough support for multiple servers and potentially different rules. That is where this project really comes alive I think. Still I'll pay 15bux for the mere possibility.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Irrational Man posted:

I really think people are overestimating how great this is going to be if they have any end game ambitions at all. With the power balance skewed by certain classes and worldbosses being week long spawns, I can see this quickly becoming one (or a few) guy's mage-box teams just taking everything for 6 months. Anyone thinking they're going to relive their glory days, or worse, capture that top spot in the game that eluded them has failed to realize this server is going to be packed almost exclusively with these types at the top end and with the dearth of targets, its going to be really unsatisfying for most, by necessity. I wish they would have started a little later in the timeline so actual team play was more necessary (probably at velious where 2-3 boxers monopolizing everything starts to become impossible and a team of real players is necessary).

I want to play this but I can see how even stuff like guk/solb is going to be massively overcrowded and not really fun, because there will be little to no danger because of overcrowdedness and power creep. I want to like this but I think the best bet is keep expectations super low and play ultra casually. Hopefully if enough people sub for this, and problems do arise, there's enough support for multiple servers and potentially different rules. That is where this project really comes alive I think. Still I'll pay 15bux for the mere possibility.

It's going to be completely awful for 99% of the people on the server. Any boss is going to be taken by teams of 30 SKs or mages, and the tiny amount of mobs in solb and lguk are going to be cleared by boxed mages teams.

I loving love it.

This TLP is going to my new Eve of spitting out hilarious stories while being awful to play.

Irrational Man
Aug 10, 2004

jetz0r posted:

It's going to be completely awful for 99% of the people on the server. Any boss is going to be taken by teams of 30 SKs or mages, and the tiny amount of mobs in solb and lguk are going to be cleared by boxed mages teams.

I loving love it.

This TLP is going to my new Eve of spitting out hilarious stories while being awful to play.

True. I just feel a little bad for anyone thinking they're going to relive classic EQ. That ship has definitely sailed.

Well, that and I think people naively voted for 6 months of vanilla and I think when people see how bad it is they're going to kneejerk against the whole thing when its their own fault for not starting at velious or later.

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

I spend way too much money on computer parts.
I have a question as someone who hasn't played on any of the progression servers.

Do they roll back the Harm Touch damage to be like it was in Classic EQ or do they retain the damage scaling they gave it during that later years revamp?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

ShankyMcStabber posted:

I have a question as someone who hasn't played on any of the progression servers.

Do they roll back the Harm Touch damage to be like it was in Classic EQ or do they retain the damage scaling they gave it during that later years revamp?
From the FAQ (https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/ragefire-poll-results-and-beta-information.220107/):

quote:

Some spells (like Harm Touch) have limits that make them do less damage on Progression servers until later expansions have been unlocked.