Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
The best part of Mario Party 10 is that "Waluigi Time" is now said canonically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Help Im Alive posted:

Apparently there was gonna be a Wapeach and Daisy but Miyamoto said no

I heard Waluigi was going to be in Smash Bros but Miyamoto wouldn't allow it

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

elf help book posted:

I hate Waluigi.

This would be an awesome name for a game

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

FirstAidKite posted:

Metroid but using found and repurposed objects like The Swapper

Chibi Robo as a metroidvania in an old abandoned Nintendo Toy Store.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Man, Captain Toad is a lot of fun.

I wish the game had some sort of hint system. It sucks that when I stuck looking for a golden mushroom on a single level, I can either fruitlessly keep banging my head against the wall... or pull up the answer instantly online and remove any sense of accomplishment.

I'm on Briny Bowl Swimming Hole, and its the first hidden shroom to stump me. I'm about to try cheesing hits on all the enemies and a simple "hey, keep doing that" from the game would go a long way.

Valiant Hearts had a fun and useful hint system, sad to see it hasn't become more common.

Narcissus1916 fucked around with this message at 22:44 on May 11, 2015

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Raserys posted:

I heard Waluigi was going to be in Smash Bros but Miyamoto wouldn't allow it

I'm getting my info from the extremely reputable Waluigi article on Mario Wiki, please list your sources

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Narcissus1916 posted:

Man, Captain Toad is a lot of fun.

I wish the game had some sort of hint system. It sucks that when I stuck looking for a golden mushroom on a single level, I can either fruitlessly keep banging my head against the wall... or pull up the answer instantly online and remove any sense of accomplishment.

I'm on Briny Bowl Swimming Hole, and its the first hidden shroom to stump me. I'm about to try cheesing hits on all the enemies and a simple "hey, keep doing that" from the game would go a long way.

Valiant Hearts had a fun and useful hint system, sad to see it hasn't become more common.

pretty sure i just looked that one up

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I guess Pauline and Rosalina count as the Wa. They both have "lin" in there name. Also Pauline Is Mario's Ex and Luigi wanted to impress Rosalina in Galaxy and took a picture with her.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome! posted:

pretty sure i just looked that one up

Yeah most golden mushrooms are fairly easy since they'll be in hard to reach dead ends, but that one you should just look up

hyperbowl
Mar 26, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

Yeah most golden mushrooms are fairly easy since they'll be in hard to reach dead ends, but that one you should just look up
Skip it and come back to it. The later ones are easier to find so you'll learn the visual clue you're looking for and the types of places the game likes to hide them.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
A Waluigi game would be extremely hard and almost unplayable if you tried to play it legit and the real meat of the game is figuring out how you can cheat to win

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Mighty Dicktron posted:

A Waluigi game would be extremely hard and almost unplayable if you tried to play it legit and the real meat of the game is figuring out how you can cheat to win

Tutorial starts with "Never hit a non-aggro'd enemy" so you walk pass an innocent goomba. "Game Over. You didn't hit that fool while his back was turned."

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Toadette is my homegirl. That is all.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Surlaw posted:

Just add Ashley to the Mario games.

mona and captain syrup are both cooler than ashley

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Narcissus1916 posted:

Toadette is my homegirl. That is all.

toadette is the best

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Suspicious Cook posted:

The best part of Mario Party 10 is that "Waluigi Time" is now said canonically.

also the sheer ownage that is Spike

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

Why isn't there a Watoad

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

The Duck of Death posted:

Why isn't there a Watoad

Goombas

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

wamiyamoto

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Why isn't there a Watoad

It's time to go full circle and add WaWario.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Why isn't there a Watoad

Jsor posted:

Goombas

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I guess Boshi will cover for Yoshi for the Wa.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

hyperbowl posted:

Skip it and come back to it. The later ones are easier to find so you'll learn the visual clue you're looking for and the types of places the game likes to hide them.

No that one is the only secret in the game i had to look up. Its a joke. Its hidden under a thing that moves and when its revealed its still invisible unless you shine your lamp on it.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

zolthorg posted:

No that one is the only secret in the game i had to look up. Its a joke. Its hidden under a thing that moves and when its revealed its still invisible unless you shine your lamp on it.

It's something that moves as a result of player interaction, so wouldn't it make sense to check there for something hidden?

Additionally I believe that the gamepad vibrates when you are within a certain range of a hidden gold mushroom. I don't know if that one is an exception but I don't remember that being the case.

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.

Junkie Disease posted:

"Wari" means "Bad". They are sisters in evil.

*Warui

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Sticker Star

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

sharrrk posted:

toadette is the best

Toadette is my hodette.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

13/f/cali posted:

It's something that moves as a result of player interaction, so wouldn't it make sense to check there for something hidden?

Additionally I believe that the gamepad vibrates when you are within a certain range of a hidden gold mushroom. I don't know if that one is an exception but I don't remember that being the case.

I turned gamepad vibration off a few levels into The Wonderful 101 because it was vibrating 100% of the time, and forgot to ever turn it back on, so that didn't help me there. I didn't find out it did that until after I'd beaten the game :v:

I still managed to find every one except that one without a guide, though.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
finding "wonder wools" in each level of woolly world will unlock different patterned yoshi

https://www.facebook.com/SuperMarioEN/videos/vb.214627038571040/979434048756998/?type=2&theater

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/598140642867466240

It begins.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

noirstronaut posted:

finding "wonder wools" in each level of woolly world will unlock different patterned yoshi

https://www.facebook.com/SuperMarioEN/videos/vb.214627038571040/979434048756998/?type=2&theater

lol as cute as those Yoshi Amiibo's are, i'm not even bothering to really care because I know they are going to be next to impossible to buy.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Nintendo is just going to announce the only games worth owning at E3 just like they did last year and the year before.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i think they'll be toad/gold mario levels of rare where if you Want One you will Get One

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

it is my hope that the teaser image suggests Next Level made another Punch-Out with even more stereotypes to knock out. this is all I really want after the first game they did. Also for Captain Falcon to be the secret guest fight.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Nintendo is just going to announce the only games worth owning at E3 just like they did last year and the year before.

The real question is who's going to aim for the Most Embarrassing Presentation Award this year?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The real question is who's going to aim for the Most Embarrassing Presentation Award this year?

They're just boring now.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

100% on board with a new Punch Out

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Ubisoft. Always Ubisoft.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm getting my info from the extremely reputable Waluigi article on Mario Wiki, please list your sources

Same guy who told me Waluigi was going to have his own video game until Miyamoto rebranded it as "Super Mario 3D Land"

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Only UBISoft isn't self aware enough to stop doing bad presentations. Everyone else is just real boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

• Locked thread