Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
Yeah they won't announce a fall schedule until Wednesday. Today was just a blanket announcement that they renewed pretty much everything else that was still outstanding in their lineup, so the schedule this fall should be pretty interesting with five new dramas and (I assume the return of) Thursday Night Football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell airs June 13th's. Set your clock for fun.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

DivisionPost posted:

Jesus, you've just been presented with compelling circumstantial evidence that suggests it went one way over another, and all you can do is double down on RARR NEPOTISM RUPERT MURDOCH EVIL. Just walk away.

Compelling is a word you don't know, and not once did I go all caps, say it was a bad thing, or imply anything about Murdoch as a person- unlike you and a couple others who are in agreement.

NIKITA was kept alive from up high because an exec plain wanted it around, and no one bats a lash, but allege FRINGE did and you lunatics start in with "Anna 'The Bible' Torv said no, you propagator of lies and misunderstanding." Again, I said I was open to any other explanation and not one of you could even start to explain FRINGE's string of renewals as you would any other show. Because it would require a time traveler to plot the butterfly effect for you where "someone with power said to keep it" is endorsed by Occam.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
You don't even know what your point is. You're just flailing around like an extra from One Flew Over...

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Why is it that it's only ever women who seem to trigger these blubbering takedowns of how they didn't earn their success and a bloo bloo bloo it's about ethics in cast direction.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

soapgish posted:

Compelling is a word you don't know

You mean like how "burden of proof" is a concept you don't know?

(EDIT: This originally read "good-faith argument," but I realized I was throwing the term around as a substitute for "not being an rear end in a top hat." I looked it up, decided it didn't apply, and used something that did.

Just saying, I'm willing to call my own bullshit.)

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 20:37 on May 11, 2015

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

The FOX executive at the time, Kevin Reilly, was also a big fan of Fringe and championed it despite low ratings, giving it repeat chances in time slots where it could build an audience. It pretty much came down to the fact that it was too expensive to keep producing to justify another season.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Y'all, I'm glad Fringe got five seasons regardless of if it was nepotism in the entertainment industry, which I believe this is the sole instance of ever.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Yep. It wasn't a perfect show, but it had some great ideas and always committed to them, even if the execution wasn't the best.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Maybe if I renew the sort-of-but-not-really-boss' sort-of-but-not-really-niece's show I can become president of Fox Entertainment.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

soapgish posted:

NIKITA was kept alive from up high because an exec plain wanted it around, and no one bats a lash, but allege FRINGE did and

This isn't what you did or why people are calling you an idiot, but ok. Keep being weirdly defensive about your dumb theory that has a bunch of evidence to disprove it while calling everyone else lunatics. Definitely the way to go when arguing on the internet.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

This argument is really really stupid.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
If you're looking for another reason why Fringe kept getting renewed, I'm just gonna say that it's just as likely that Torv was banging Murdoch to keep the show on the air. She wasn't banging him.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Anna Torv: Blow Job Queen of Australia

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Irish Joe posted:

Anna Torv: Blow Job Queen of Australia

Coming this fall on Fox!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

xeria posted:

Yeah they won't announce a fall schedule until Wednesday. Today was just a blanket announcement that they renewed pretty much everything else that was still outstanding in their lineup, so the schedule this fall should be pretty interesting with five new dramas and (I assume the return of) Thursday Night Football.

Yeah, they're keeping Thursday Night Football for at least another year.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Trailer for AMCs new show Humans:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shMkkM-6iXg

Look forward to this seriously disappointing me.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/fox-new-show-trailers-at-794758

Some trailers for Fox's new pilots:

Rosewood, The Grinder, Grandfathered, The Frankenstein Code, Minority Report, and Lucifer.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I want Lucifer to do well, but who am I kidding. It'll consistantly do between 0.5-0.9 and get replaced midseason by a sitcom starring a deaf albino CGI dog that can talk. Because Fox.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Bordertown looks loving ugly.

Minority Report looks like it will have a really narrow margin for ratings as its pretty expensive looking.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Gonz posted:

I want Lucifer to do well, but who am I kidding. It'll consistantly do between 0.5-0.9 and get replaced midseason by a sitcom starring a deaf albino CGI dog that can talk. Because Fox.

Which will be better then Lucifer because why would the retired devil fight crime.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

He doesn't technically retire to fight crime, he retires and somewhere along the way he decides to fight crime.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its such an amazing premise and they waste it by having him fight crime. Like couldn't it at least be supernatural stuff?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Don't worry, it won't last the season.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

muscles like this? posted:

Its such an amazing premise and they waste it by having him fight crime. Like couldn't it at least be supernatural stuff?

The trailer is pretty much only for the pilot story. So it stands to reason what looks like a relatively benign murder gets him into the game. I dunno if it's worth dissecting but it sounds like maybe further crimes might be supernatural? Or twist, the first one also is? Again, only inferring from a trailer that squeezes down 42 or so minutes into 3.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

zoux posted:

Looks great, hope it delivers.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
I'm liking the look of Rosewood, Minority Report and Lucifer. Plus Fox made those trailers watchable in the UK, which is nice.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

zoux posted:

Saw that during Mad Men last night and it looked promising. I guess we'll see how it actually turns out.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Gonz posted:

dont make fun of dog with a blog

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

zoux posted:

huh, William Hurt and the lady from The IT Crowd. Interesting.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Sober posted:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/fox-new-show-trailers-at-794758

Some trailers for Fox's new pilots:

Rosewood, The Grinder, Grandfathered, The Frankenstein Code, Minority Report, and Lucifer.

Uh, The Grinder looks sort of fun. Rob Lowe's just outright making fun of himself at this point, pretty great. And Rosewood looks cookie-cutter, but maybe also sort of enjoyable? The leads seems to have good chemistry.

Making Lucifer a cop show is absurdly disappointing. All the directions you could take that premise in, and you go with cop show? Really? And of course Lucifer is British. And has sexual tension with the no-nonsense lady cop. UGH NETWORK TV SUCKS.

Lol, Minority Report is cribbing so hard from the movie, in style and in terms of wanting to be sort of a direct sequel almost?

And Frankenstein Code is...huh. Okay. That guy doesn't really look like a young Philip Baker Hall or act sufficiently like him. And that bothers me more than perhaps it should.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spatula City posted:

Lol, Minority Report is cribbing so hard from the movie, in style and in terms of wanting to be sort of a direct sequel almost?

Why is that funny? It's set exactly ten years after the movie, with one of the Precogs fending for himself. Snr Spielbergo's company is making it.

I'm watching Dig atm. US/Israeli cops, intrigue up the wazoo. Has some weird cult within religions side story. It's really loving good. Gil from Breaking Bad is in it. Filmed in at least 2 countries. 10 episodes are out.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 05:59 on May 12, 2015

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So the PoI s5 order is only for 13 episodes. Guess that's it for that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This last season was really bad for taking a bunch of breaks so maybe a shorter episode order will help.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Good news everybody! NTSF:SD:SUV is now available, in its entirety, free on Hulu!

This last season was really bad for taking a bunch of breaks so maybe a shorter episode order will help.

The last season was bad because the writing got a lot more obvious and hack, and Sarah Sahai left the show. The thing that worries me most about a 13 episode season is that we'll get a redux of the low-budget shittiness that was Fringe's last season.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So wait which one is Sumner Redstone's relative?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There were a couple of things I didn't like about last season of PoI. The previous season ended with Samaritan being turned on and everybody being "we're in big trouble now!" Then the season started and practically nothing changed. They also introduced this new character, Harper, who is completely insufferable.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

There were a couple of things I didn't like about last season of PoI. The previous season ended with Samaritan being turned on and everybody being "we're in big trouble now!" Then the season started and practically nothing changed. They also introduced this new character, Harper, who is completely insufferable.

Don't forget "we are poor too!" which ended up affecting basically nothing.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Yup, caught up with the latest episodes of Flash other than this week's. Probably still one of my biggest disappointments this season, other than Last Man on Earth (what the hell happened there). And its not only due to one character, though she still is written as puzzingly a void of interesting TV and a general liability, a childish approach to women and romance that actually is pretty true to its comic origins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Shageletic posted:

Yup, caught up with the latest episodes of Flash other than this week's. Probably still one of my biggest disappointments this season, other than Last Man on Earth (what the hell happened there). And its not only due to one character, though she still is written as puzzingly a void of interesting TV, an approach to women and romance that actually is pretty true to its comic origins.

Your opinion is of course valid but I've not seen anyone else be this disappointed with Flash. Except Deadpool but he secretly hates all TV shows.

• Locked thread