Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
headfake
Aug 6, 2011

That happened to me in an online server at Spa, too. Drove into pits to check for / repair damage, came out with 1600 second slowdown penalty that I couldn't get rid of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Anybody else getting CTDs after every race in career mode on the PC version? loving annoying as poo poo.

At least it's happening after the autosave :unsmith:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Can I buy this on American PSN tomorrow? :qq:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

I said come in! posted:

Can I buy this on American PSN tomorrow? :qq:

Yes

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Why is it no where to be found on PSN before release?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Popete posted:

Right??? Europe got to pre-load. I don't understand this games American release and no one on the WMD forums cares.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

I heard they stated in an email that because of all the release date fuckery, that they didn't get the finished version to PSN in time for them to allow North American pre-orders per Sony's policies or something.

ComfyPants fucked around with this message at 02:42 on May 12, 2015

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

JaysonAych posted:

I heard they stated in an email that because of all the release date fuckery, that they didn't get the finished version to PSN in time for them to allow North American pre-orders per Sony's policies or something.

This.

Sony NA wanted a guaranteed release date 8 weeks in advance. SMS obviously couldn't do that so no pre-load/pre-order.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

So I guess PCARS sold about 85,000 copies on PC so far. SMS was up front from the start that the console sales would likely be the bulk of this games sales. I think that's probably true. For what it's worth Need for Speed Shift was one of the best selling racing games of last gen, so I think PCARS will be fine.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

Any idea if it will be available at midnight or just sometime tomorrow?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Fingers McGee posted:

My guess would be tomorrow night.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

I said come in! posted:

So I guess PCARS sold about 85,000 copies on PC so far. SMS was up front from the start that the console sales would likely be the bulk of this games sales. I think that's probably true. For what it's worth Need for Speed Shift was one of the best selling racing games of last gen, so I think PCARS will be fine.

I think it'll do well on console. PCARS has reviewed really well. The game releasing now is an excellent time as it's far enough away from Forza 6 to merit a buy.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Popete posted:

Because Sony? I felt the same way with Bloodborne, 2 days before its release.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Fingers McGee posted:

Whenever the store regular updates, so late afternoon time.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

So I bought the game. Then I picked the Tier 8 option in career. Good loving GOD, I thought I was an Amateur at best but... :stare:. If I can, how do I set poo poo to Novice settings? I'm thoroughly convinced I'm not ready.

Edit: However, it does run pretty okay, performancewise.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Project CARS, heh, more like Project KERS.

Did I do it? Was that a racing joke? The sort of thing the speed lads down at The Kings Racing Tracke bandy about between pints of ale and mild sexual harrasment?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
bird_law111 on psn

ADD ME DORKS

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

So .. pre-ordered this for the XBone (my only reasonable choice at the moment) and am now getting a little nervous. I'm controller only and seeing all these reports of pad problems :( loving hell ... as long as it's fixable. Please be fixable. I love the list of different race classes and it's mouth watering track list, but I've having flashbacks to Shift again!!!! At least I'll get to find out in a little less than an hour.

If you hosed me again SMS ... I swear I'll like, yell on the internet, or something.

edit: whew - not quite as bad the internet was saying. That said, I still have spent way too much time fiddling with controls, but it's getting there! The fact that they don't let you modify or remap controls without backing out a race has made it extra 'fun' (along with the fact there is zero context help explaining the settings). I have gotten a couple of the bugs (weird audio stutters and the lock to lock thing) but nothing that makes me want to abandon the game.

pvax fucked around with this message at 08:42 on May 12, 2015

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

widespread posted:

So I bought the game. Then I picked the Tier 8 option in career. Good loving GOD, I thought I was an Amateur at best but... :stare:. If I can, how do I set poo poo to Novice settings? I'm thoroughly convinced I'm not ready.

Should be a slider for AI difficulty when you start an event.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I said come in! posted:

It was top of the UK physical sales chart this week, the first racing game to do so since GRID 2. Not exactly distinguished company but hey its something. I think just the novelty of a racing sim that isn't Forza or GT was good enough.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Should be a slider for AI difficulty when you start an event.

There is. I'll consider that as well as assists for just a 0.31mile track in regular karts.

njsykora posted:

It was top of the UK physical sales chart this week, the first racing game to do so since GRID 2. Not exactly distinguished company but hey its something. I think just the novelty of a racing sim that isn't Forza or GT was good enough.

Nothing against them, but... yeah, exclusivity sucks donkeys off, y'know?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
So I have the xbone and PC versions of this now and they are both great with the Thrustmaster wheel. Using values derived from those FFB xml files posted earlier the xbone feels just as good and while it doesn't look as good as the PC at max settings it still looks great.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'm excited for the ps4 version. Seems like that'll be very popular. I've been talking about the game so much on gip that a few guys there are probably picking it up.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I need a console compatable wheel. At this point I don't think I can go back.

I did a 3 hour endurance race in a McLaren F1 tonight. That car is a blast to drive when you get some heat in the tires and breaks.

Love this game.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Formula Gulf/C are just the perfect amount of insanity for me. So fun.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Okay, after some research, I've realized that the go-karts are pretty dang wonky. In this case, should I just restart the career mode? Because holy gently caress the carts are spastic buggers, even with some adjustments.

Or... is there a configuration that'd make karts handle better on basic controllers?

kaiwero
Aug 22, 2006
Just having a quick glance at online and would I be right in thinking there are no "clubs" for groups of players?

Either way I'd be keen to get in on some online racing for those on PS4.

PSN: Kaiwero

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8Qxem3CLT4

:stare:

Truly, a real racing simulator.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

They are just using the official Pastor Maldonado DLC.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

This guy is loving awful at racing

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Basticle posted:

This came up in discussion when we were playing the other night but apparently the Marek and RWD brand LMP cars are fictional and not stand-ins for real cars like we speculated.

Unrelated but last night I was doing a 4 lap race at Spa with a couple of goons and I had a drive through penalty. I finally get my rear end in the pits and when it spits me out I have a penalty for cut corners that was inexplicably for 740 seconds. So for 740 seconds I'm limited to like 39mph. The entire race was half that long.

*edit*

oh my god this loving guy. he's bitching on the official forums because the recommended specs said Nvidia GT600 series and this goober bought a GT630 and is mad his framerates are low.
Yup. I got the same thing at Spa.

So, next time that happens I'm not serving my penalty.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Basticle posted:

oh my god this loving guy. he's bitching on the official forums because the recommended specs said Nvidia GT600 series and this goober bought a GT630 and is mad his framerates are low.

How big of a dipshit does this guy have to be to buy a GT600 series card in 2015?

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014

widespread posted:

Lower opponent A. I.
Learn the track
Git gud son.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

haris pilton posted:

Lower opponent A. I.
Learn the track
Git gud son.

I actually meant actually controlling the things. But if it's just karts being bad and I have to git gud at regular car driving, then gently caress it, I'll practice.

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
Karts are sketchy as gently caress. Memorize breakpoints and go easy on the throttle when your tires are cold.
You'll get the hang of it.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

haris pilton posted:

Karts are sketchy as gently caress. Memorize breakpoints and go easy on the throttle when your tires are cold.
You'll get the hang of it.

I'm guessing it's more-or-less the same when it comes to the other cars, with varying degrees of "how quickly can your tires warm". I'll still keep trying, though. Even going as far as heavy experimenting with the sensitivities.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Good to see the UK charts sloping well; rightfully so. If my friend is anything to go by who has been a GT fan since ps1. He's a casual fan but loved gt and felt 5 were disappointing, he got pcars last night and loves it.

He was amazed at regular pc sim stuff such as starting as starting in the pits. I'd imagine there are a lot of racing fans who simply haven't played pc sims who are going to have a field day.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

That looks like the start of every GTA race ever. While it can sometimes be amusing, there is no way he really finds it that hysterical, I guess when you have to act on camera for kids that would rather watch games...

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014

widespread posted:

I'm guessing it's more-or-less the same when it comes to the other cars, with varying degrees of "how quickly can your tires warm". I'll still keep trying, though. Even going as far as heavy experimenting with the sensitivities.

I upped the deadzone a notch.
Godspeed to you, sir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

haris pilton posted:

I upped the deadzone a notch.
Godspeed to you, sir.

I actually just moved to keyboard while practicing not having lead feet. Way more worth it, I feel.

redwalrus posted:

That looks like the start of every GTA race ever. While it can sometimes be amusing, there is no way he really finds it that hysterical, I guess when you have to act on camera for kids that would rather watch games...

Don't get me wrong, I had a decent chuckle here, even saying "Oh I thought I had to drive legit" as a joke. But eh, novelties.

• Locked thread