Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Those are going to be completely new weapons. Why would they be putting in time and effort on already existing guns that plenty of people already bought? You got to think of where the money is, man.

I mean they did do that with the old max guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Those are what the artist was told to design, that's no indication that those would be final design implementations.

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

BBurness ‏@BBurnessPS2 1h1 hour ago
Sometime after next live update goes live, Tank Mines will be detonating on MAXs on PTS

Mwahahaha, man the first day of that being live you could probably aurax AT mines in a single alert.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

Chance posted:

Sometime after next live update goes live, Tank Mines will be detonating on MAXs on PTS

Mwahahaha, man the first day of that being live you could probably aurax AT mines in a single alert.

It'd be swell if it took less then four tank mines to kill a base turret while they are at it, wanted to kill a hacked one the other day and was surprised at how resistant they are. When I get home I may see if it takes less nanites in tank mines or AV grenades to kill one.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Chance posted:

Hooooooooley poo poo, things are about to get a lot more interesting.

Enormous buff to Engineers? Check

Enormous hit to MAX lethality? Check

Reason for PLs to NOT MAX crash mindlessly so much? Check

Goddamn, this is a single move that solves a lot of problems alright. Kudos to DBG for thinking creatively and hellooooo EOD HUD 4, I'm glad I RNG'd your worthless rear end now.

edit - is this why Reddit is down for emergency maintenance?

edit 2 - AC responds

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 04:51 on May 12, 2015

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
WHOOPS

http://steamcommunity.com/id/LumensAquilae/screenshot/541900289054214778

AuxiliaryPatroller
Jul 23, 2007
Next level meta strat theory:

Half half of your forces very obviously pull maxes and wait in spawnroom or make a token push.

Let enemies have time to dump tank mines everywhere, thinking they will dunk the max crash.

Wait a bit, let enemies push up to their own mines (they will)

Other half of forces launch flash/conc nades then wait a second and unleash all (ALL) of the EMP grenades.

Max crash.

Hell just being a stalker cloak with EMP bando could be fun with more poorly placed tank mines around indoors.

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.

AuxiliaryPatroller posted:

Next level meta strat theory:

Half half of your forces very obviously pull maxes and wait in spawnroom or make a token push.

Let enemies have time to dump tank mines everywhere, thinking they will dunk the max crash.

Wait a bit, let enemies push up to their own mines (they will)

Other half of forces launch flash/conc nades then wait a second and unleash all (ALL) of the EMP grenades.

Max crash.

Hell just being a stalker cloak with EMP bando could be fun with more poorly placed tank mines around indoors.

3 pubbie maxes detonate all of the tank mines while you wait

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.
y'all are talking like EMP grenades are not a thing that cool dudes throw constantly with a huge area of effect that blows up tank mines

e: except Steve, who is as usual on the money

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Sard posted:

y'all are talking like EMP grenades are not a thing that cool dudes throw constantly with a huge area of effect that blows up tank mines

poo poo you don't even need EMP nades, any tank mines that are pre-set will no doubt be blown up by the constant frag spam.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

It will be good for popping the occasional bad pubbie max at a 12-24 fight.

But other than that what does the tank mine do that C4 traps aren't already failing to do?

Bring on the Rocklet for LA and Engineer. Move AV Grenades to LA.

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

Xae posted:

It will be good for popping the occasional bad pubbie max at a 12-24 fight.

But other than that what does the tank mine do that C4 traps aren't already failing to do?

Bring on the Rocklet for LA and Engineer. Move AV Grenades to LA.

I actually wonder if all the crying vehicle farmers would be appeased if LA lost C4 but gained AV grenades. Guessing not since they could still potentially die.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Xae posted:

Move sticky AV Grenades to LA.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

Wow it'd be nice to carry tank mines for something other than nuking spawns and occasionally leaving traps in the way of mega-zergs. DBG is doing some good work.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm going to auraxium tank mines in one weekend without even spending a single Nanite on them

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Let me toss the AT mines as a frisbee and maybe it'll work.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

I am euphoric. :flashfap: Back to Engineer primary.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Sard posted:

I mean they're not. I can count the numbers of time I've been EMP'd on one hand. Not including myself.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

Fans posted:

I mean they're not. I can count the numbers of time I've been EMP'd on one hand. Not including myself.

Much like the knife change, I saw a lot of people using EMPs the week they were changed and now it's back to a rare thing. Not as rare as concussion grenades though.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Concs are pretty weak ATM though , unlike EMPs.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I practically spam emp grenades. I'm going to aurax tank mines as an infiltrator.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

So I just got done duo'ing with a friend after an alert killed all goku irl except for me. We ended up doing a lot or wraith/fury/HA vehicle hunting around mao. Why aren't wraith flash gangs ruining the game? Why is this such a rare occurrence? We had a lot of fun running up behind tanks are bothering them, and if we had just one more flash with us, we would have been decimating everything around us. Flash gangs actually seem really easy to keep up too, with how piss cheap they are on nanites. If you die, you just spawn a new one and you're back in. wtf

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
A Stealth Harasser can do nearly everything a Wraith Flash can do but better.

Vulcan Harasser swarms are the stuff of nightmares

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Ass_Burgerer posted:

So I just got done duo'ing with a friend after an alert killed all goku irl except for me. We ended up doing a lot or wraith/fury/HA vehicle hunting around mao. Why aren't wraith flash gangs ruining the game? Why is this such a rare occurrence? We had a lot of fun running up behind tanks are bothering them, and if we had just one more flash with us, we would have been decimating everything around us. Flash gangs actually seem really easy to keep up too, with how piss cheap they are on nanites. If you die, you just spawn a new one and you're back in. wtf

There's a japanese Connery outfit that does pretty much nothing but wraith flash spam. It's really nightmarish in some situations.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
I love the cloaking Fury Flash and used it to reasonably good effect today, but the Flash is extremely lame to drive. Everything is faster than you, can climb better than you, and has a better view than you on top of not being in any danger of dying to blind, incidental damage.

It's the extremely restricted field of view that bothers me the most.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Denzine posted:

It's the extremely restricted field of view that bothers me the most.

This, and the fixed vehicle FOV. The flash could definitely use a big buff to the frontal arc of its weapon/view (and making FOV the same as while you're an infantry). Still tons of fun.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?
The one drat time I was driving my Fury around and found a Skyguard Lightning way off on his own and though I was going to get an easy kill I got too confident and got right on his rear end and he just backed up and killed me.

Maybe once the new Mad Max is out we'll see more roaming gangs of Flashes and Harassers.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

The 1 second from full health tankbuster/vulcan death is the most frustrating death in the game

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
I'm nearing 4000 certs as VS because I have no idea what I wanna buy. I have the Magrider and Lightning certed out to where I need them, I have the Lancer, Sirius and Ghost, C4 and mines and all that and I have air certed out a little but I never pull it. :shrug:

I guess I gotta branch out. I've always gravitated to certing vehicles because even after 300 hours infantry weapons all look the same to me and I have no idea which one of the dozens of similar guns is worth buying. Vehicles are way easier to cert since MACHINE GUN and GRENADE LAUNCHER have much more of a tangible difference than Assault Rifle and Different Assault Rife. Am I missing any good infantry weapons? Maybe I should start certing out MAXes.

Also what's with the Sirius never saving with loadouts? Is that a bug with the Sirius specifically or all SMGs? Mine goes to the default gun on every class and I have to change it every time I play.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Elukka posted:

I'm nearing 4000 certs as VS because I have no idea what I wanna buy. I have the Magrider and Lightning certed out to where I need them, I have the Lancer, Sirius and Ghost, C4 and mines and all that and I have air certed out a little but I never pull it. :shrug:

I guess I gotta branch out. I've always gravitated to certing vehicles because even after 300 hours infantry weapons all look the same to me and I have no idea which one of the dozens of similar guns is worth buying. Vehicles are way easier to cert since MACHINE GUN and GRENADE LAUNCHER have much more of a tangible difference than Assault Rifle and Different Assault Rife. Am I missing any good infantry weapons? Maybe I should start certing out MAXes.

Also what's with the Sirius never saving with loadouts? Is that a bug with the Sirius specifically or all SMGs? Mine goes to the default gun on every class and I have to change it every time I play.

Sundies are crazy fun if you get a couple gunners. Kobalts are dirt cheap, furys are solid all around guns, mix with blockade armor and go to town.

Pulsar c rules for long range engineer, terminus for medic.

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

Elukka posted:

If you play with people regularly get a harasser certed out, they are crazy cheap and very effective at doing anything pretty much, scrapper chassis, stealth/composite and on top a fury for AI work or a saron for AV or a halberd for everything at once.

Harassers are magical and i would spend more time getting them into interesting places if i wasnt terminally addicted to infantry kills.

There is a bug floating around about loadouts not saving, i think it may be sirius specific as my SMG loadouts save properly, or its loadout slot specific or possibly just you specific, bugs get really creative in planetside.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?
Worse than DAPP but maybe as good as AOD, GOKU's reputation is improving among the masses.

V V

First I've seen of her in yell. Do scripts even exist in this game? I have a looping macro that shuffles me around when I'm afk so I don't get logged out but I'm having trouble thinking what kind of scripts people think others are running that give them an edge. Unless Mumble crosshair overlay is considered a script.

Klowns fucked around with this message at 17:28 on May 12, 2015

Senior Management
Jul 3, 2011

Klowns posted:

Worse than DAPP but maybe as good as AOD, GOKU's reputation is improving among the masses.

catwoman is a serial goon hater who probably has real irl emotional problems and can't play with trashing mostly Goku in yell chat.

Unclean009
Mar 27, 2010

I had a guy the other day who was 100% convinced I was a hacker because of how quickly I was able to kill him with a shotgun. Pubbies will be pubbies.

JackOfferman
Jan 31, 2015

fknlo posted:

Just had one of my better sessions with the Vandal but had a weird little thing happen. I kill traded with Mustarde and somehow killed JackOfferman a couple seconds later. While still dead. With the Vandal.

Log here. It's around halfway down when GOKU showed up to Auraxicom Substation and ruined my fun :colbert: It shows 5 seconds between the kills but I got the notification after just a couple seconds. I'd been chasing Mustarde around a building for a bit and there weren't any lag issues with recursion tonight and I can't figure out what happened.

I was actually shooting another person while on the side of a slope. Maybe you got a shot off before you died. I did giggle when I knifed you hard at Substation while trying to Vandal me there. I wish it was my slasher thought. :hfive:

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Polyakov posted:

There is a bug floating around about loadouts not saving, i think it may be sirius specific as my SMG loadouts save properly, or its loadout slot specific or possibly just you specific, bugs get really creative in planetside.

Did you cert the ALS again when they changed it to be one 200 cert attachment instead of 2x100 certs? That's a very reliable loadout bug if you have the old ALS or AFG on guns.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/35t68i/the_buck_and_slug_experiment/

Oh god I'm triggering

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
slugmaxes are one of the most terrifying things in the game

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
you be walking along and BAM dead, it really sucks to be recieving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

That guy sure wrote a lot of words just to say poo poo everyone already knew: slugs are accurate, buckshot isn't. Buckshot is deadly in close quarters?! I had no idea!

• Locked thread