Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

less laughter posted:

Heh, even the title literally means nothing shadow. They really wanted to make sure you knew it was going to be dour.

It's an ios port, but the game is surprisingly good and has a few cool gimmicks even if the graphics and level design are kinda rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I have bad memories of playing Thunderblade during a soggy biology field trip to Wales so I'll probably pick it up.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the people who make all these titan attacks games need to stop forever

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Also strange how you guys have Zero 4 already yet we don't even have Zero 2 until next week here and on the reverse of that we'll have BN4 this month while you guys are just now getting 2 (Though BN4 is nothing to be happy about).

Capcom Europe and Capcom US only have one copy of each game between them, so they have to mail the games back and forth when they want to release them.

(This is a joke.)

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

MinibarMatchman posted:

the people who buy all these titan attacks games need to stop forever

Fixed. You can't blame the company for making easy money.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NOA cut the prices on their remaining physical Club Nintendo stock:

Mario & Luigi Greeting Cards: 300/150 coins
Nintendogs Greeting Cards: 300/150 coins
3DS Game Card Case: 2015 Edition: 400/300 coins
2016 Desktop Calendar: 400/300 coins
3DS XL Pouch: The Legend of Zelda: 600/300 coins
Retro Mario T-Shirt: 700/350 coins
Fierce Deity Link Jigsaw Puzzle: 800/400 coins
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D Messenger Bag: 800/500 coins

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
Of course they cut the god drat bag price. This moderately upsets me.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I ordered two of those game cases and they still haven't shipped. It'd be nice if they gave me the discounted price. :argh:

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Ha, figures I used my whole coin stash on the t-shirt already. C'est la vie I guess.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Reoxygenation posted:

I'm surprised they still have the drat bag.

Its not nearly as nice as I expected, smaller than I thought.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Reoxygenation posted:

Same. I kind of wanted that, but I had other things to do with 800 coins. Rather wish that you could just buy one.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

I still have 465 coins left and I have no idea what to do with them. How's the quality of the 3ds pouch?

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Nondevor posted:

I still have 465 coins left and I have no idea what to do with them. How's the quality of the 3ds pouch?

It's not bad. Very soft and pretty thick. I used it to hold my 3DS for a long time and protect it from scratches/scuffs. I still keep it around and use it to hold my 3DS when I toss it into my backpack.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Agrias120 posted:

I ordered two of those game cases and they still haven't shipped. It'd be nice if they gave me the discounted price. :argh:

Same here. I wouldn't mind so much if I'd actually gotten them by now.

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say.
I received my bag and was a little disappointed with the quality. It's pretty small and thin and about as barebones as a bag could possibly be. I was hoping for some structure built into it and maybe some internal/external pockets. It's basically just a thin piece of fabric folded in half and sewn up on the sides. I guess I can't complain though because it was free and Nintendo didn't have to offer any of this stuff. Also I don't regret getting it because it's an exclusive item and I'll be able to buy games any old time.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Strange that I already got my bag yet my game case has yet to appear. And I believe I ordered that first.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Agrias120 posted:

Yeah, that's kind of annoying. Still no case, and I could get another VC game for the difference.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
Re: DS game case price drop.

Nintendo Support Rep posted:

Hello Alex,

Thanks for contacting us. I can certainly understand your interest in having your Club Nintendo Coins refunded to your account. I will be happy to document your feedback regarding this new change in our Club Nintendo program.

Unfortunately, we are not able to refund the Coins to your Club Nintendo account. I know that this is not the answer you were hoping for, but as we state in the Club Nintendo Terms of Service, we may change the Club Nintendo catalog at any time--including the Coin prices for different Rewards.

Since the Club Nintendo program is ending soon (7/1/15), we want to encourage everyone to use up their Club Nintendo Coins before it is too late. Lowering the Reward prices gives more people a chance to find something that they want.

Since the physical Rewards are available only in limited quantities, it is a good idea to place your order as soon as possible (rather than waiting to see if the cost goes down at some point). That way, you can make sure the item you want doesn't go out of stock. Once an item is sold out, it will not become available again.

Thank you for understanding, and for being a loyal Club Nintendo member.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Lorenzo Wilcox

Customer posted:

Hello!
The two game cases I ordered two months ago still have not shipped, but the coin prices have dropped. May I please have the 200 coin difference refunded to my account so that I can get Super Mario World for my Wii U?
Thank you!
Alex

Oh, well. It was worth a shot. :v:
It really would have cost them essentially nothing to grant my request. I wasn't expecting anything more than a "tough luck" response, but it'd have been nice.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's the first part of the Sega/M2 interview for 3D Thunder Blade: http://blogs.sega.com/2015/05/12/sega-3d-classics-3d-thunder-blade-part-1/

Most of the discussion centers around the question "why the gently caress are you porting Thunder Blade?", incidentally.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The bag is gone, for me at least. Lame.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NCL just released a new 3DS Pushmo game out of nowhere! "Hiku Dasu: Hippa Land", a "free-to-start" game that gives you 7+ (not 20+, misread) stages for free and makes you buy the rest. The first 100 courses cost 500yen, and there are three additional 50-course packs for 300yen each, You can buy everything in a bundle for 1000yen, and buying everything unlocks some super-hard challenge levels.There are lots of new gimmicks and each of the four packs has a different playable character with its own theme - bandana pushmo guy has enemies and a speedrun timer and plays more like an action game, old man pushmo guy's stages are all based on sprites from Famicom games, etc. The level editor is back, too, but you need all the level packs to use all the features, obviously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9SoozHUA4I

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 02:04 on May 14, 2015

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

NCL just released a new 3DS Pushmo game out of nowhere! "Hiku Dasu: Hippa Land", a "free-to-start" game that gives you 20+ stages for free and makes you buy the rest. The first 100 courses cost 500yen, and there are three additional 50-course packs for 300yen each, You can buy everything in a bundle for 1000yen, and buying everything unlocks some super-hard challenge levels.There are lots of new gimmicks and each of the four packs has a different playable character with its own theme - bandana pushmo guy has enemies and a speedrun timer and plays more like an action game, old man pushmo guy's stages are all based on sprites from Famicom games, etc. The level editor is back, too, but you need all the level packs to use all the features, obviously.

Ohhhhh my goddddddddd yes.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

NCL just released a new 3DS Pushmo game out of nowhere! "Hiku Dasu: Hippa Land", a "free-to-start" game that gives you 20+ stages for free and makes you buy the rest. The first 100 courses cost 500yen, and there are three additional 50-course packs for 300yen each, You can buy everything in a bundle for 1000yen, and buying everything unlocks some super-hard challenge levels.There are lots of new gimmicks and each of the four packs has a different playable character with its own theme - bandana pushmo guy has enemies and a speedrun timer and plays more like an action game, old man pushmo guy's stages are all based on sprites from Famicom games, etc. The level editor is back, too, but you need all the level packs to use all the features, obviously.

I really hope this comes out here. The pricing isn't bad at all, especially if you just get the complete pack right away.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I'm ready for more Pushmo. Being able to pull blocks in all directions will make for some fantastically difficult endgame puzzles.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

It looks like the US name for it could be Stretchmo, based on a picture of a japanese miiverse community I saw elsewhere on the internet.

Which makes me wonder what the PAL name would be. Stretchblox sounds weird, and they've never kept the same sort of name between NA and PAL.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I can't remember if I mentioned this here, but NCL recently started selling some Pushmo/Mallo merch, including keychains, a mini backpack and a big plush: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/wkej/goods/index.html

EDIT: they put out a Pushmo menu theme today, too: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/wkej/goods/index.html

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Hopefully this means they will listen to my suggestion for Mallo in the Smash poll.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

615 coins? Guess I'm getting Wonderful 101.

Suppose this means I need to buy a Wii U now (need to buy one anyways for Xenoblade X...)

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

GreenBuckanneer posted:

615 coins? Guess I'm getting Wonderful 101.

Suppose this means I need to buy a Wii U now (need to buy one anyways for Xenoblade X...)

This is a good choice. Welcome, friend.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

The level editor is back, too
Oh wow, I thought that, with the pricing structure, they wouldn't have done that. Now I'm sold.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

NA is getting the original DS New Super Mario Bros. for Wii U Virtual Console tomorrow.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.
Hot drat, I'm glad I decided to catch up on this thread. Just ordered the pouch and puzzle. I would have jumped on the bag, but I have too many drat fabric grocery-type bags anyway, so this works out.

The only unfortunate part is I'm sitting on 130 worthless Coins, 20 away from Mario's Picross, which I wanted to try out. I guess I could get Grill-Off with Ultra-Hand? :v:

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
I'm happy to play more Pushmo but wonder if the F2P attempt is misguided considering that the game costs 7 bucks to begin with.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

TEHJOE posted:

I'm happy to play more Pushmo but wonder if the F2P attempt is misguided considering that the game costs 7 bucks to begin with.

Well, the current yen-to-dollar ratio would put a literal translation of the price at roughly $8.40 - smack dab between the price of Pushmo on the 3DS and the Price of Pushmo on Wii U. So who knows?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

NA is getting the original DS New Super Mario Bros. for Wii U Virtual Console tomorrow.

Watch them still charge $30 for it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Phantasium posted:

Watch them still charge $30 for it.

It'll most likely be the same price as the other DS virtual console releases

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Release Clubhouse Games and Tetris DS. That's all i want >:(

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

A whole new generation of gamers can experience the mediocrity that is New Super Mario Bros.

The blue shell suit owns though.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Here's the first part of the Sega/M2 interview for 3D Thunder Blade: http://blogs.sega.com/2015/05/12/sega-3d-classics-3d-thunder-blade-part-1/

Most of the discussion centers around the question "why the gently caress are you porting Thunder Blade?", incidentally.

As usual, they sound pretty passionate about the whole process. I'll buy it in support and also I like the conversions they've done for these games despite them being the same, mechanically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

A whole new generation of gamers can experience the mediocrity that is New Super Mario Bros.

The blue shell suit owns though.

Ooh, I really hope you can use the blue shell suit and mini mushroom in Mario Maker