Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

dialhforhero posted:

I can't wait when we get to the argument over how many notches towards "darker" or "lighter" on a toaster is truly "toasted" and superior when it comes to making toast or toasting things. :nexus:

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Shut up Andupor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Klyith posted:

I said to add a faction point too, so 300m. ;)

Yes I was being hyperbolic, it's not a bad idea. But when I look at a polarized uboat bomber the question I have is: what exactly can it kill that a normal torp bomber can't? Uboat bombers are generally looking for targets that can't easily engage back. PVE ships, barges, targets of opportunity like that. How often will having 25% more dps allow you to take a fight that a normal bomber would lose? Conversely, how often will the extra 90m on your fit make you think twice about a target that you'd roll the dice on normally?

I guess it's totally worth doing for a blops hotdrop team where you likely will get shot back and the idea is overwhelming dps to end it quickly and get out.

Ah, never bought a faction point, had no idea they ran that high.

Great point on willingness to try a fight.

This is definitely aimed at killing things fast before a response can be mounted. Grabbing a guy in a wh before his friends can fleet up and warp to him, that sort of thing. Now, how often do you need the extra dps for that? Not sure. But the flip side of habving it might encourage you to try a fight, especially one you can bug out of, just for the chance.

Could also conceivably be used to speed structure bashes if you're into that sort of thing.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
Thinking about playing another mmo with goons scares the poo poo out of me. It is that time of the year when the urge to grind out ~games~ rises.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bchad Bro Chill posted:

Thinking about playing another mmo with goons scares the poo poo out of me. It is that time of the year when the urge to grind out ~games~ rises.

What new MMOs are in development and coming out soon? There's nothing major that i'm aware of and I hope that this is a sign that the worse genre in video games is finally dying.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

Paging :ullerm:

I can't find the post-nerf Svipul fit - anyone got it around?

Two Rs.

If you're looking for our special FC svipul, that's on the wiki. If you're looking for silly solo/small gang fits, my recommendations:

quote:

[Svipul, 10MN Active Shield \ Single Neut]
Pseudoelectron Containment Field I
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Micro Auxiliary Power Core II

Experimental 10MN Afterburner I
Faint Epsilon Warp Scrambler I
Pithum C-Type Medium Shield Booster
Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 400

150mm Light AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet EMP S
Expanded Probe Launcher II, Core Scanner Probe I
Small Unstable Power Fluctuator I

Small Anti-Kinetic Screen Reinforcer II
Small Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II
Small Projectile Metastasis Adjuster II

quote:

[Svipul, 10MN Armor Dual Neut (no implants)]
Damage Control II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Gyrostabilizer II

Republic Fleet 10MN Afterburner
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I
Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 400

Small Ancillary Current Router II
Small Ancillary Current Router I
Small Polycarbon Engine Housing II

quote:

[Svipul, MWD Shield Buffer 2xNeut (Mini-Hurricane)]
Damage Control II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Micro Auxiliary Power Core II

Limited 1MN Microwarpdrive I
Medium Shield Extender II
Medium Shield Extender II

Small Core Defense Field Extender II

Fair warning, they'll change a tiny bit in June due to the new prop mods that Larrikin's introducing.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

I said come in! posted:

What new MMOs are in development and coming out soon? There's nothing major that i'm aware of and I hope that this is a sign that the worse genre in video games is finally dying.

That's actually true, and from the ones I've played recently none of them have been new, just terrible (FF14, wow).

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
ff14 is really good for an mmo sorry for your poo poo opinions

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Nah, it's really overrated. It's not bad, it's still better then any other MMO, but the bar is set at the bottom of the pacific ocean so this isn't really an achievement.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
Is fozzie-sov going to reduce the amount of tedious 10 hour 10% tidi slogs? They dominated my time when I last played and burned me out quite badly.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Plavski posted:

Is fozzie-sov going to reduce the amount of tedious 10 hour 10% tidi slogs? They dominated my time when I last played and burned me out quite badly.

I think that's suppose to be the idea.

goattrails
Nov 27, 2009

Ride the frog, baby!

Plavski posted:

Hi Tomy are you coming back?

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

You might say Pizza had a good day.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

goattrails posted:

Hi Tomy are you coming back?

I've been considering it.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Do you play catgurls with doublestep?

goattrails
Nov 27, 2009

Ride the frog, baby!

Plavski posted:

I've been considering it.

We hope fozzie-sov changes things, because right at this point in time it's staler than ever.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

dialhforhero posted:

I can't wait when we get to the argument over how many notches towards "darker" or "lighter" on a toaster is truly "toasted" and superior when it comes to making toast or toasting things. :nexus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duWj5BLb-u8&t=28s

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

goattrails posted:

We hope fozzie-sov changes things, because right at this point in time it's staler than ever.

Welp. Okay, thanks.

goattrails
Nov 27, 2009

Ride the frog, baby!

Plavski posted:

Welp. Okay, thanks.

As seen from an EG point of view anyhow.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I said come in! posted:

Star Citizen :v:

goattrails
Nov 27, 2009

Ride the frog, baby!

I don't think that counts as "soon" even in CCP's timeframe.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goattrails posted:

Chris Roberts, praise be upon him, just wants to make sure the game is absolutely 100% perfect. I'm sorry you don't care about receiving such a fine quality product.

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

ullerrm posted:

Two Rs.

If you're looking for our special FC svipul, that's on the wiki. If you're looking for silly solo/small gang fits, my recommendations:

Fair warning, they'll change a tiny bit in June due to the new prop mods that Larrikin's introducing.

hahayeahno im not FCing anything any time soon. solo and small gang is my intention. the first one is similar to what i was using pre-nerf but might look into the buffer fit with neuts also. cheers

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Is Gevlin or w/e his name is still trying to throw pubbie bling fleets at you guys? That was always strangely amusing to read about.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Unfunny Poster posted:

Chris Roberts, praise be upon him, just wants to make sure the game is absolutely 100% perfect. I'm sorry you don't care about receiving such a fine quality product.

I sing his praises every day. It helps me decide what to pledge next.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Unfunny Poster posted:

100GB install

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
Is spec ops still active?

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

Never going to be released. Sorry for your investments. :homebrew:

goattrails
Nov 27, 2009

Ride the frog, baby!

It's not that outrageous when you consider GTA V is 60GB.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Bacontotem posted:

Is Gevlin or w/e his name is still trying to throw pubbie bling fleets at you guys? That was always strangely amusing to read about.
I made this joke earlier in the thread and apparently his new hangup is something to do with the Red vs Blue alliance(s). It's not nearly as funny as when he was shaking his fist angrily at goons and creating tackling fits for Titans though so I stopped reading.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Actually I recall seeing a thread on EVE-O (I think it was in the crime and punishment section) in the last week or so. He's still funding MOA ops and claiming that dropping money into their account is somehow having an appreciable affect on us despite effectively winning Dominion Sov.

cybertier
May 2, 2013
Edit: Deleted because I was one page behind.

ApocalypseMeow
Mar 4, 2008

I love the smell of Catnip in the morning....Smells like Victory.
Reddit and SMA being poo poo as usual

Talking about BBQ, anybody got recommendations for a good BBQ place in Vegas?
I need to educate some heathen relatives on how meat should be cooked.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ApocalypseMeow posted:

Reddit and SMA being poo poo as usual

Kick SMA.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

goattrails posted:

It also doesn't count as an MMO, so there's that even if it ever were to come out…

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I need to find a good BBQ place in NYC. Also a seafood place, if that's even possible. Pretty sure no one knows how to make good seafood outside New Orleans! I'd love to be wrong though.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Viva Miriya posted:

I need to find a good BBQ place in NYC. Also a seafood place, if that's even possible. Pretty sure no one knows how to make good seafood outside New Orleans! I'd love to be wrong though.

Your best chance outside of New Orleans is NYC, surprisingly enough. I don't know where you'll find it, but if it exists, it will be there.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

orange juche posted:

Your best chance outside of New Orleans is NYC, surprisingly enough. I don't know where you'll find it, but if it exists, it will be there.

Of the metropolitan areas, I've found that seafood goes New Orleans, San Francisco, Boston, NYC, based on my experience. NYC has a huge variety, of course, but quality is better else where.

And good BBQ in NYC is like good Mexican food in Scotland. I think you are limited to looking for the best, not necessarily good.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Viva Miriya posted:

You've clearly never been to Boston if you think only New Orleans does good seafood.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Of the metropolitan areas, I've found that seafood goes New Orleans, San Francisco, Boston, NYC, based on my experience. NYC has a huge variety, of course, but quality is better else where.

And good BBQ in NYC is like good Mexican food in Scotland. I think you are limited to looking for the best, not necessarily good.

Yeah I guess you're right. You can definitely find good seafood there, but I guess it won't be up to the quality level of New Orleans, unless there's a transplant from New Orleans running a seafood restaurant there. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

ApocalypseMeow posted:

Memphis BBQ on Warm Springs. Get the ribs.

• Locked thread