Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Silentman0 posted:

... Why are there separate Egoraptor and Game Grumps clans?

One has Danny, the other does not.

Charles Martel posted:

Holy loving poo poo, how did I not know about this until now? Can't wait for this. David Hayter voice acting too!

Now that Inafune and Igarashi have funded games, I wonder how long we'll have to wait for Kojima's Kickstarter for another Snatcher. :pray:

Kojima has like the biggest presence of any name in Japanese games short of Miyamoto, he doesn't need a kickstarter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Stairmaster posted:

Liam was joking about Unknown From M.E right?

I haven't seen the episode, from all the rap songs from SA1 and 2 are great so I hope he said that.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Still no podcast? I've been getting into the groove of listening to it early Tuesday morning in the background during my night owl gaming sessions.

vvv Nice, downloading now.

Haha the first two highlights are the Super Bunnyhop vid and Iga's Kickstarter.

Charles Martel fucked around with this message at 04:33 on May 12, 2015

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Charles Martel posted:

Still no podcast? I've been getting into the groove of listening to it early Tuesday morning in the background during my night owl gaming sessions.

You were a few minutes too early

http://superbestfriendsplay.com/podcast/sbfc-092-post-apocalyptic-t-pose-culture/

edit: preview video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57nJoqqA6-k
watch out for the Liam boner

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

So happy for that live Shareplay reaction.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Oh dear.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Is Igavania the replacement common term for metroid vania now or something?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's what the Bloodstained Kickstarter calls the Castlevania games directed by Igarashi. So, the Castlevania games and Bloodstained.

edit: So, the Castlevania games.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

I don't know much about audio editing, but that sounds like a nightmare.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

CJacobs posted:

It's what the Bloodstained Kickstarter calls the Castlevania games directed by Igarashi. So, the Castlevania games and Bloodstained.

edit: So, the Castlevania games.
Yeah, Igarashi doesn't want to call them Metroidvanias so as to avoid annoying Nintendo (and because SOTN was actually trying to copy Zelda, not Metroid, but that's beside the point...)

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Igavania is now canon

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

The Kins posted:

SOTN was actually trying to copy Zelda, not Metroid

Seriously?

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

The Kins posted:

Yeah, Igarashi doesn't want to call them Metroidvanias so as to avoid annoying Nintendo (and because SOTN was actually trying to copy Zelda, not Metroid, but that's beside the point...)

If Symphony was trying to copy Zelda II (my favorite Zelda game), then that makes me love SOTN even more.

Re: Bloodborne. Does this game ever end or what? I'm Level 81 and the only areas I haven't explored are the Nightmare Frontier and the Nightmare of Mensis. I just recently killed The One Reborn. Am I close?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Charles Martel posted:

If Symphony was trying to copy Zelda II (my favorite Zelda game), then that makes me love SOTN even more.

Re: Bloodborne. Does this game ever end or what? I'm Level 81 and the only areas I haven't explored are the Nightmare Frontier and the . I just recently killed The One Reborn. Am I close?

Nightmare of Mensis is the last zone before the last boss. If you haven't found Upper cathedral ward yet, remember to do so.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Andrast posted:

Nightmare of Mensis is the last zone before the last boss. If you haven't found Upper cathedral ward yet, remember to do so.

I did, but the big golden gate is locked and the door found in the hallway upstairs cannot be opened from that side. I figure those would open up later...?

If I have one gripe about the game, it's that it's a little too obtuse on what specific area you need to go to at what specific time. I never got lost, but I do have to keep a few notes in my phone about doors that may be accessible later on when I end up cleaning another unrelated area. Like, I don't want the game to hold my hand, but it's easy to forget to see if there have been any differences in previous area when backtracking.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Charles Martel posted:

I did, but the big golden gate is locked and the door found in the hallway upstairs cannot be opened from that side. I figure those would open up later...?

If I have one gripe about the game, it's that it's a little too obtuse on what specific area you need to go to at what specific time. I never got lost, but I do have to keep a few notes in my phone about doors that may be accessible later on when I end up cleaning another unrelated area. Like, I don't want the game to hold my hand, but it's easy to forget to see if there have been any differences in previous area when backtracking.

You just missed the progression path in there, go back and explore a bit more.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Charles Martel posted:

For that door remember the place with the respawning old ladies and the cthulhu monster that shot a eyebeam at you? Hug the right wall of that area and you'll see a gap in the fence. There's a key if you follow that path that opens the upper ward.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Pat trying to get people to join him in FFXIV made me laugh harder than anything else this podcast.

Sadly, I am considering abandoning my friends who don't play much and joining Pat on Ultros so I can play until Heavensward comes out and my friends rejoin.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The backdown is incredibly strong today.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

This episode of bloodborne was worth watching because of how much of a loving colossal trainwreck it is.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Glad they didn't notice the special thing going on with Patches this time around.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I dunno, the fact that he has a giant colossal head hanging at an angle seems to be implying things.
He's a squid down below isn't he.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I can't believe Pat actually tried to run away just to keep playing.

Woolie has the patience of a saint.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 20:53 on May 12, 2015

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

HGH posted:

I dunno, the fact that he has a giant colossal head hanging at an angle seems to be implying things.
He's a squid down below isn't he.

We have yet to see the last of him.

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
Embrace cowardice from the Jaws of Victory.

Also I really hope they never figure out that high Insight only ever really fucks you over because watching them use their Madmen's Knowledge as they walk into the first area with the Brains is pretty good.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
I had 99 insight for 2/3 of the game and i didnt notice getting hosed over by anything

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The Frenzy issue really doesn't come up that much. Low insight does have some uses if you want to play with Beasthood or gently caress with Hemwick but aside of that it's not a huge deal.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Depths posted:

I had 99 insight for 2/3 of the game and i didnt notice getting hosed over by anything

Main issue with high insight is you can't do beasthood stuff and frenzy resistance doesn't really help too much since insight gives you negative frenzy resistance.

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
It's not that it will really gently caress you over or anything but there's really no positives to having high Insight, and it's just kinda silly to see them begrudge loosing it when they aren't really using it for anything anyway.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Wordnumber posted:

It's not that it will really gently caress you over or anything but there's really no positives to having high Insight, and it's just kinda silly to see them begrudge loosing it when they aren't really using it for anything anyway.

The positive is that you see more cool poo poo (although they have seen almost all of that already).

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Pat's scared baby turtle style to the Soul's games is hilarious to watch in Bloodborne. Just learn how to parry and get in there. Did he even teach Woolie that parry was a thing in DS2?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Pat backdowned super-hard and got wrecked because there's an Old One in this world.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Pat's scared baby turtle style to the Soul's games is hilarious to watch in Bloodborne. Just learn how to parry and get in there. Did he even teach Woolie that parry was a thing in DS2?

You don't even need to parry to get in there. Just dodge a swing then murder the enemies. I've never really understood how people are so passive/defensive in souls games, especially in Bloodborne since it's so tailor-made for aggressiveness.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Pat just kicking his tiny baby legs with big salty tears rolling down his cheeks all the way through that video

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Pat trying to get people to join him in FFXIV made me laugh harder than anything else this podcast.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Nothing makes me more happy about my refusal to play fromsoft games than fromsoft fans. Oh my god what if I became that insanely nuts about anyone who plays in a way I would not personally.

This week's podcast could also be titled The Zaibatsu Is A Bit Too Excited About Things. Jason! Star Wars edits! What is a bait-and-switch???? Still entertaining though.

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!

Yinlock posted:

Nothing makes me more happy about my refusal to play fromsoft games than fromsoft fans. Oh my god what if I became that insanely nuts about anyone who plays in a way I would not personally.

This week's podcast could also be titled The Zaibatsu Is A Bit Too Excited About Things. Jason! Star Wars edits! What is a bait-and-switch???? Still entertaining though.
I wouldn't call people who've only played the Souls games "real" From Soft fans. They're just their own special breed of crazy that Pat fits into quite well (well, mostly).

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Why do I have a feeling Liam has a file at home that details out how he's gonna get Iwata into a back alley and rough him up a bit?

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Yinlock posted:

Another title could be Pat Refuses To End His Sentences And Let Anybody Else Start A New Topic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

You know what's worse than Fromsoft fans? People who constantly talk about how they hate Fromsoft fans and games.