Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

GMS is pretty confident he's going to get Far West out this month, because he sent out an email to the Buckaroo Banzai preorders saying that once he does get the game out this month, he's gonna be laser focused on Buckaroo Banzai. Even though he hasn't contacted the property owners in a year and a half.

What makes Far West more baffling is that apparently the setting stuff was written by someone else and handed in ages ago. Which just makes the huge-rear end delay more ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
So these arrived today:

My proofs for the printed book, unless something is wrong with them, I should start shipping them to backers on Monday.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Speaking of games that were written, Kickstarted and delivered in a fraction of the time of Far West, I missed the Spirit of 77 KS and I'd be interested in a print copy down the road. Will these be for sale on DTRPG or anything?

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Ettin posted:

Speaking of games that were written, Kickstarted and delivered in a fraction of the time of Far West, I missed the Spirit of 77 KS and I'd be interested in a print copy down the road. Will these be for sale on DTRPG or anything?

NEVER! Once the books are delivered I will be DESTROYING THE NEGATIVES! :argh:

Or Maybe not...
Unless I find something egregiously wrong with the proofs (so far they look good), the printed and PDF books will be available through DTRPG next week.

Also we've been talking about putting together a FreeRPG day adventure/mini-rules called Spirit of 1877, which would be kinda spaghetti western/exploitation/kung-fu movie pastiche. I'm wondering if we can deliver it before Far West too.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Bucnasti posted:

NEVER! Once the books are delivered I will be DESTROYING THE NEGATIVES! :argh:

You'll never get away with this, Dr. Games!

:argh:

(Congratulations.)

quote:

Also we've been talking about putting together a FreeRPG day adventure/mini-rules called Spirit of 1877, which would be kinda spaghetti western/exploitation/kung-fu movie pastiche. I'm wondering if we can deliver it before Far West too.

Please god yes.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Bucnasti posted:

:hawaaaafap:

Does this mean Good Ol' Boys can do absurd things riding a horse?

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Bucnasti posted:

So these arrived today:

My proofs for the printed book, unless something is wrong with them, I should start shipping them to backers on Monday.

Hey man, that's awesome. Congratulations!

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
so in TG Kickstarter drama news, d20 Entertainment has deleted their account. They've done 6 TG-related KS campaigns, including the live KODT series which I backed because I like the comic and trusted Kenzer Company. According to the comments, someone at d20 Entertainment deleted the account by mistake https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/d20e/kodt-live-action-series/comments

quote:

""d20 Entertainment News
A past producer at d20E tried to remove their information from Kickstarter last night and delete d20E's account. I am in the process of getting it reinstated.
With as much as people are getting burned with Kickstarter. Please let others know i am working on this problem as we speak and hope to have my account fixed ASAP!""

However, d20 Entertainment is founded by the guy who was behind rapid POD, which screwed over a bunch of RPG publishers in 2006-2007. Hopefully, the guy turned a corner and we will see him fulfill his projects, but who knows?

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

The best part is that the person who "deleted" it had apparently been trying to get the account un-linked from her Facebook for a long time, but the d20E guy wasn't responsive. She finally hit the button because she was tired of getting notifications for a business she didn't run/work for anymore.

So, not quite a scam flag, but not really a "woops" situation either.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Ettin posted:

Spirit of '77 is great to have completed in my dropbox - I'm really looking forward to playing it - and of course Feng Shui 2 landed recently as well. (I haven't gotten a chance to really look the latter over.) And I'm going to be running Breakfast Cult this week for my tabletop group now that the plain-text version is in. I don't know if you backed that one, Ettin, but it's pretty swell.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Spirit of '77 is great to have completed in my dropbox - I'm really looking forward to playing it - and of course Feng Shui 2 landed recently as well. (I haven't gotten a chance to really look the latter over.) And I'm going to be running Breakfast Cult this week for my tabletop group now that the plain-text version is in. I don't know if you backed that one, Ettin, but it's pretty swell.

He forgot to vote for himself, and that one ballot cost him the RPG presidency.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Seems like Dust is dead and buried; glad I decided I didn't have the money to back it at the time

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

So glad I didn't get into that when my friend was talking it up.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
E: never mind, found it!

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 20:09 on May 10, 2015

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

dwarf74 posted:

I'm pretty sure I'm missing something, but how are your character's attributes determined?

I just took a quick peek; in the info for each character class, there's a list of sets of scores you can assign to your attributes.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
You pick an array from the list and allocate them however you want. Then some moves from Role and Story can raise them.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bucnasti posted:

So these arrived today:

I am so sad I was broke during that kickstarter :(

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

tl;dr don't use Amazon for your fulfillment, because they have no idea what's going on

quote:

Update #104 from 404: Law Not Found

May 11 2015
Update 11/05/15: Where are the Asia/Australia/Canada games?
The short answer is that I hope that they're presently in a shipment that's coming here, once they get here we'll break them down and send them out to you.

The long answer is broadly the same (unless I take a really long time writing it) but pulls together several months worth of updates to explain why we wound up in such a tangle. It went something like this:

The games were broken into two shipments and sent to the two countries which placed the most orders (The US and the UK).
The original plan was to send out games to the rest of the world from the UK and have the US shipment be only for the US.
Amazon introduced 'Amazon International', in which we could pay them a fee to send games internationally from the US. We thought that this meant that we could fulfil places that were closer to the US than the UK using this service. It was slightly more expensive, but would mean getting your games to you much faster so we rearranged the shipments to support it.
Amazon decided either that 404 didn't quality for Amazon International or that they wouldn't check if it qualified. Nobody seems to know what this process entails or how it should work - let along if it is working in the manner that it should work. After about four months the best information anyone working there seems to be able to supply is "We have no idea what's going on." The only thing that we do know for sure is that they won't send the games to anyone outside of the US.
This includes returning them to us so that we can send them to you, since we're outside of the US.
We asked if we could have the delivery company that delivered the game to them make an appointment at the warehouse that they dropped them off at to pick them up, but that was also refused.
Eventually after some months they agreed to make an appointment with a US warehouse hired by our shipping company and to deliver the games there, on the proviso that the games were being returned to us.
A couple of days ago they declared that this process was complete and issued a charge for it.
The stock count at Amazon is 150 games smaller, but we've not yet heard from our shipping company to confirm that the hand over has been successful and that the games are now on the way. I'm expecting to hear about that very soon.
Once they reach them, I'd anticipate no further problems. They've proven reliable in the past and the service we'll use to send the games internationally is the same one that's been (broadly) successfully delivering successfully to other countries that were closer to the UK.
All I can say is that I'm really sorry about how this has gone. Obviously it's bad for us to be paying for shipping twice, but a shared burden is still a burden. We were genuinely attempting to get the games to you more quickly.

We are gearing up to put 404 into the 3DTotal store and for the remaining copies that Amazon have to go onto the Amazon marketplace - but besides honouring a handful of people who joined us via paypal after the campaign we're going to hold off a general release until this situation is resolved. I want you to know that we understand that backing a Kickstarter is a leap of faith and that an unspoken part of that deal is that backers get their games first.

I wish that I could tell you that you'll see your games within the next few days, but the truth is that it'll be a few more weeks at least. They still have two journeys to complete, one to us and another back out to you. We are doing everything possible to get that done as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

...uh huh.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Yeah, I wish FATE was the ruleset.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

DalaranJ posted:

Yeah, I wish FATE was the ruleset.

I don't. I don't want my precious Fate sullied by getting McCracken all over it.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Synnibarr was on KS? Why don't I remember this?, or where was I when it happened? Whatever, I already have a copy.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

The General posted:

Synnibarr was on KS? Why don't I remember this?, or where was I when it happened? Whatever, I already have a copy.
It's for third edition. Which is using a completely new system, which, from the backer preview I have around here somewhere, is loving incomprehensible.

I doubt clarity has improved much.

Also he made a kickstarter update about how he was in a bar when somebody came in and tried to shoot his ex girlfriend or wife or something, and blamed the woman for the crazy person with a gun coming in.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe

Zereth posted:

Also he made a kickstarter update about how he was in a bar when somebody came in and tried to shoot his ex girlfriend or wife or something, and blamed the woman for the crazy person with a gun coming in.

Holy poo poo, you weren't kidding.

Synnibarr posted:

I was out to sing at my fav place, as I do most sundays, and a man shot our door man, Greg, in the thigh and proceeded to enter the bar and shoot a woman. We have since learned from court documents that, while she claimed to not know the shooter, she in fact is the mother of his nine month old son!! A baby she abandoned to come down to our bar! As you shall read...it is a shame she survived...the shooter, James Anderson should be mourned! The woman's family publically appoligized to mr. Anderson's family! Some of us are gathering tonight at the twilight and are planning to sue her... The police have her child... This story is far from over...

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Yeah I remember when he posted that, it was completely out of left field.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I recall somebody doing a little digging and she actually left the kid with a babysitter, and he had done poo poo like leave the kid unsupervised in a car and poo poo, and that apology had not happened.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

My favorite part of that whole thing is somewhere there's a handful of posts on RPGnet where someone brings that poo poo up, and a couple of other people are like "Well, it wasn't a great thing to post, but after all it was very stressful for Raven."

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Zereth posted:

It's for third edition. Which is using a completely new system, which, from the backer preview I have around here somewhere, is loving incomprehensible.

I doubt clarity has improved much.

I have never finished making a character for the edition that I have. Half way through I stand up and say "This is loving retarded." and abandon the project. But I do enjoy reading through the bestiary.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Zereth posted:

My first thought was "oh man I can't wait for the System Mastery guys to get a hold of this!"

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Plague of Hats posted:

My favorite part of that whole thing is somewhere there's a handful of posts on RPGnet where someone brings that poo poo up, and a couple of other people are like "Well, it wasn't a great thing to post, but after all it was very stressful for Raven."

I can accept that seeing someone shot in front of you can have a bad effect on your head, but the whole narrative he started crafting around the situation was just loving bizarre.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

Evil Mastermind posted:

I can accept that seeing someone shot in front of you can have a bad effect on your head, but the whole narrative he started crafting around the situation was just loving bizarre.
Who was it that said,"You shouldn't be surprised given who you're dealing with", on this forum?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

MadScientistWorking posted:

Who was it that said,"You shouldn't be surprised given who you're dealing with", on this forum?

I don't know, but now I'm worried it was me and I just hypocrited myself or something. :ohdear:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

In funkier Kickstarter news, I got the first physical bits of my Spirit of '77 pledge today. A shipping envelope containing all the little extras like a bumper sticker and custom dice. Given Bucnasti said the printers would begin producing/shipping on Monday, I look forward to getting the actual books in a few days.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I got my physical stuff for OVA today. Really unexpected, since I forgot about the message about shipping. The die's one of my favorite Chessex patterns, so that's neat.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Going through my iickstarter list (since I sometimes receive poo poo in the mail I forgot I even pledged to), it looks like the only two that are a year+ overdue are catacombs and pirate world. I completely forgot pirate world was even a thing.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Hey, does anyone who backed the Mekton Zero KS have any idea how that project is proceeding? I didn't back, due to frustration with R.Tal in the past and MZ being on the crunchier side of my tastes these days. It looks like it is a good thing too, wasn't Mekton Zero due out last year?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

It came up a week or so ago in RPGNet's "kickstarters gone bad" thread; apparently it's still not out and R Tal hasn't been forthcoming with information.

They're also doing the "we're only posting updates to Facebook, not our actual kickstarter" thing, which is still total bullshit no matter how you slice it.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
And Counterblast is funded: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bombshellminis/counterblast-heavy-support/description

You should really give them all the money because I want the Neiran Azrho Rider.

45 bit coin bucks will get you a starter plus the PDF of the rules:

Here are the actual items being made (or available):

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

LordAba posted:

And Counterblast is funded: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bombshellminis/counterblast-heavy-support/description

You should really give them all the money because I want the Neiran Azrho Rider.

Our Deadlands game prominently featured robot death spiders, so I'm in at least because of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Iris of Ether posted:

Our Deadlands game prominently featured robot death spiders, so I'm in at least because of that.

The models aren't complete beyond the render, but with how the rules of Counterblast play I wouldn't be surprised if the gun was a separate bit. Should be easy to mod!

Also: ROBITS

• Locked thread