Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Tarranon posted:

I just got ganked by something called a spirit of mischief, and I can't find any information about it anywhere online.

It moved super fast, had a ton of crazy weapons that it switched between that I had never seen, as it made its way to me it was in some sort of clay pot?

Is this a super hacker or did I stumble onto something new that no one is talking about yet.

Or maybe they are talking about it and I just can't google for poo poo.

This was in Hunter's Copse bee tee dubs

The first two things are hacker territory (depending on how crazy the weapons were...), but turning into a clay pot is totally doable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

dis astranagant posted:

Someone being silly with the chameleon spell.

As well as cheating to make their name longer than what is allowed and move unnaturally fast.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Okay, the Sanctum Mace is officially a Cool and Fun Weapon. It's shaped like a mace but it's actually a lance, and its multi-hit charge attack can instapoison most people while knocking them flat on their rear end.

Also, Holy Thunder is apparently really good for knocked-down enemies. Your cast will be over by the time they get up, but they'll still eat 1-3 lightning bolts when they inevitably try to roll-backstab you instead of backing off.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Grouchio posted:

So I'm deciding whether or not to get Dark Souls 2 for my Xbox360 or for my PC. The thing is, my puny laptop only has an Intel Core i7 4700 processor so even with Durante's mod I'm unsure if I'll be able to play it better without being able to downsample the game. What should I do?

I'm running DS2 with no problems (on low, I favor performance over looks) running on a 5 year old laptop with a Intel I5 mobile processor. You'll be fine.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

NeurosisHead posted:

As well as cheating to make their name longer than what is allowed and move unnaturally fast.

As far as gimmicks go, it's pretty nice. The whole thing was incredibly surreal.

This cheater is....A-Ok

EcoBlue
Jan 1, 2008
I edited myself in a Zweihander, and every time I rest at a bonfire it breaks. What gives? Is it because I haven't gotten to the Iron Kingdom yet? Or is this a new anti-cheat?

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

EcoBlue posted:

I edited myself in a Zweihander, and every time I rest at a bonfire it breaks. What gives? Is it because I haven't gotten to the Iron Kingdom yet? Or is this a new anti-cheat?

You forgot to edit durability to it. The CE that I used at least always had durability set to -1 by default meaning it always breaks. Just make a new one that has above above 1 durability.

EcoBlue
Jan 1, 2008

Iretep posted:

You forgot to edit durability to it. The CE that I used at least always had durability set to -1 by default meaning it always breaks. Just make a new one that has above above 1 durability.

Oh, that's a thing. Right. It stopped breaking it seems.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Was the timer until an invasion automatically ends extended at any point? I invaded someone at the start of the game with the red eye orb from things betwixt to give them items. They are AFK and we've been locked in a staring contest for what seems like more than the usual 10 minutes.

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 11:50 on May 8, 2015

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Both summon times and invasion timers were made longer when SOTFS came out.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Is anyone having problems with summoning at the moment? I've never had trouble before but today I can't summon anyone. I just keep getting the 'summoning failed. timed out' message.

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005
I spent an hour making this face and I'm going to make the most of it. Nothing's going to cover this masterpiece.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Should I buy SOTS or do more people play DS2? I've never beaten the game.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Nobody seems to be playing either at the moment, did GTA V kill this game or something?

... or maybe I'm softbanned? :ohdear:

i just want to sunbro for ppl ok i'll be good

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
I get real people summons at almost every boss and any time I used cracked orbs I invade instantly. Rat Bros seems to consistently summon spirits to my world almost instantly when I cross into the summoning area, and after killing them i'm usually waiting around 2 or 3 minutes at the most for re-summon. The PVP arenas seem to be pretty active, but I've only gotten a few fights in. I'd say its pretty active.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I've been getting summons pretty regularly, a decent number of bells too. What's your soul memory and where are you leaving your sign?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Anyone having trouble getting online in Scholar Of The First Sin? Every time I've booted up for the last couple of days, I'll be online for five minutes or so and then the pop-up comes up to tell me I've been disconnected.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
My current PvP main is a hair under 2 million in the vanilla game, I'm leaving my sign wherever there's a red border pretty much. My main-ish char in SotFS is about 2.5 or so.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

*i wish this version of the game was less crashy*

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dat one portagee posted:

I get real people summons at almost every boss and any time I used cracked orbs I invade instantly. Rat Bros seems to consistently summon spirits to my world almost instantly when I cross into the summoning area, and after killing them i'm usually waiting around 2 or 3 minutes at the most for re-summon. The PVP arenas seem to be pretty active, but I've only gotten a few fights in. I'd say its pretty active.

On SOTS or DS2?

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Mr Dog posted:

My current PvP main is a hair under 2 million in the vanilla game, I'm leaving my sign wherever there's a red border pretty much. My main-ish char in SotFS is about 2.5 or so.

Your main probably won't get too many bites outside of DLC areas and the final boss.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Mr Dog posted:

An option to consider is getting to the 3mil - 5 mil tier, which is one of the more populated ones. You're probably in one of lower 2xxxxxx-2xxxxxx brackets which are pretty tightly compressed compared to 3mil+. Unless they've changed the brackets drastically since I last checked.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Considering how many people have allegedly been softbanned, one would expect you'd start seeing *more* signs once caught doing anything From deems bad.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The majority of players aren't doing things that get you softbanned, out of what we currently know will definitely get you softbanned at least.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I died on the bridge and my bloodstain went through the floor and ended up here. In 600 hours of gameplay I've never set foot on these lava floes because they kill you basically instantly. How do I step on these without that happening. There are 75,000 souls in that bloodstain.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Water + fire resistance pyromancy + alonne stuff should provide enough fire resistance for a quick back-and-forth, I think.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I figured flash sweat + orange burr + most of the alonne set would be enough

but I was mistaken. Oh well. The water probably would've helped but I couldn't find any that didn't wear off before I could get back.

edit: By the way, to the person who invaded me just after I made that first post and cleared out the two NPC ones: Very cute, thanks for the humanity, try harder next time.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 11:23 on May 12, 2015

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
You should've taken a mushroom or something the second you stepped on to the lava, so that between the damage resistance and heal-over-time, you'd make it.

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.
Make sure you put on a ring of life protection, that way you only need to make it one way.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Time and time again this game only serves to remind me that hindsight is 20/20.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Flash sweat and orange burr don't stack. No the game never tells you this anywhere.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
those water urns last a lot longer than you think. The first ones you encounter last long enough to get under there. But yeah, that plus flash sweat and just popping any life gem when you first step on the lava and your life won't even tick down, you dont even have to deck yourself out with fire resist or anything

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Mzbundifund posted:

Flash sweat and orange burr don't stack. No the game never tells you this anywhere.

Well none of the self-buffs in this game stack unless they're cast on you by a friend, and even then they'll be canceled if you use a buff afterwards.

Back when it was released you could stack as many buffs as you wanted and the PvP tryhards would spend 5 minutes casting GMB-Sacred Oath-Numbness-Resonant Flesh-Weapon Buff before every fight.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Well none of the self-buffs in this game stack unless they're cast on you by a friend, and even then they'll be canceled if you use a buff afterwards.

Back when it was released you could stack as many buffs as you wanted and the PvP tryhards would spend 5 minutes casting GMB-Sacred Oath-Numbness-Resonant Flesh-Weapon Buff before every fight.

Stroking their swords in taut anticipation of crossing another's blade.

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005
In Scholar of the First Sin, what does the Guardian Dragon drop in Heide's Tower of the Flame? I died at the same time he did and lost the drop, and I can't figure out what it was from googling because I keep getting into from another location.

Edit: Nevermind, found out. That's loving bullshit, I went there specifically for that item. Now I'm pissed off. :(
Does the Watchdragon Parma still show up in its original location too?

Cyberventurer fucked around with this message at 21:34 on May 12, 2015

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Cyberventurer posted:

In Scholar of the First Sin, what does the Guardian Dragon drop in Heide's Tower of the Flame? I died at the same time he did and lost the drop, and I can't figure out what it was from googling because I keep getting into from another location.

Edit: Nevermind, found out. That's loving bullshit, I went there specifically for that item. Now I'm pissed off. :(
Does the Watchdragon Parma still show up in its original location too?

I didn't find the shield in its original location in the Shrine, so as far as I know that guy's the only source. You can come back later with an ascetic, but you want to be able to handle NG+ Old/Heide Knights first, and that ascetic is probably better spent on the gargoyles for the Gold Serpent Ring +2 if you really want item find gear.

Although least you don't have to fight any bosses after the ascetic in Heide, and you can cheese it with poison arrows.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Yeah, the Watchdragon Parma (the one the Dragon Priests use, right?) is in the Bastille as well.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Azran posted:

Yeah, the Watchdragon Parma (the one the Dragon Priests use, right?) is in the Bastille as well.

no its not that one, the one the dragon drops is the kite shield which raises item discovery. don't think you can get it again unless you raise the bonfire level.

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005
gently caress. :(

I'm too OCD against raising the difficulty setting of specific zones out of my actual new game cycle so my only other option is just waiting until new game +. I'd rather not delete my character just for this since I already have about 17 hours of played time and halfway through the bell keeper covenant, which is already a bitch and a half for me to win in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
It's not even that great a shield. Blossom Kite shield is a better "mediocre defence with useful side-effects" shield to use.