Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
There's a bunch of TJ guys coming back in the next month or so that might be good: Corbin, Medlen & Beachy. Plus there's always rookies coming up like maybe Nola/Matz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

weas posted:

Are you describing all my teams? I want to blast Shoemaker off my team with a goddamn cannon.

Same. I got lulled into his shiny K:BB ratio last year, and thought he could have a decent sophomore year. But as mentioned, I pretty much have to ride it out.

Schweinhund posted:

There's a bunch of TJ guys coming back in the next month or so that might be good: Corbin, Medlen & Beachy. Plus there's always rookies coming up like maybe Nola/Matz.

I picked up Syndergaard, so if he sucks, it's my fault.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Shoemaker's velocity finally got over 90 in his last start at least.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

bewbies posted:

Is Carlos Frias worth picking up this week as a 2 start pitcher?

Jose Valasquez posted:

He's only starting once this week :confused:

I'm having the same dilemma, Is he really only starting once this week? CBS is listing him as having two starts, which is why I picked him up, but if he's really just starting once this week I'll put one of my closers in that spot instead.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
I just traded Pederson/Ortiz/Bogaerts for Tulo/Kluber. Stay healthy this year Tulo!

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i hope you play in an annual league and not a keeper league

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
Yeah it's not a keeper.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
A guy in his first year in our money keeper league just traded Miggy and Alfredo Simon for Chris Archer and Francisco Liriano and everyone is losing their poo poo.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Jingleheimer posted:

I'm having the same dilemma, Is he really only starting once this week? CBS is listing him as having two starts, which is why I picked him up, but if he's really just starting once this week I'll put one of my closers in that spot instead.

ESPN only lists him as starting on Wednesday against Miami

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
The Dodgers' PPD game on Saturday screwed up their rotation so Frias is no longer a 2-start guy.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

weas posted:

The Dodgers' PPD game on Saturday screwed up their rotation so Frias is no longer a 2-start guy.

Ah ok thanks, didn't know their rotation got pushed back. Sure would have been nice if CBS updated that so I could have used the FAAB money on someone else.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

so ummm.... is Samardzija droppable at this point? jesus loving christ. :ughh:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
It's like Kris Bryant heard me go "Come on man, hit some dingers" on Friday :swoon:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

so ummm.... is Samardzija droppable at this point? jesus loving christ. :ughh:

Can we get a list of super disappointing starters going?

Kluber
Strasburg
Samardzija
Anibal Sanchez
Every Toronto Blue Jays pitcher I drafted/added

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Oh Boston

I need steals

I need an outfielder

If you call, he will answer

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy

Rand alPaul posted:

Kluber
Strasburg
Samardzija
Anibal Sanchez

Kershaw having an ERA north of 4 and Sale with an ERA at almost 6 in mid-May is pretty surprising.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
What are people doing with Josh Harrison? He's been godawful and Yahoo has alerted me that a ton of people have dropped him recently. There's quite a few interesting guys on the wire that I could pick up like Torii Hunter, Kevin Pillar, Ender Inciarte, etc. Also, I snagged Hunter Pence off the wire a few weeks ago and have been stashing him in one of my DL slots. I hate to just outright drop Harrison, but there's no way anyone will trade for him right now and he's routinely hurting my team if I actually play him.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Rand alPaul posted:

Kluber
Strasburg
Samardzija
Anibal Sanchez

weas posted:

Kershaw having an ERA north of 4 and Sale with an ERA at almost 6 in mid-May is pretty surprising.

Yeah, Kluber and Sale have hosed me as well. I'd also add Tyson Ross and Carrasco to the list... Is the absence of Yan Gomes maybe partially responsible for Kluber and Carrasco sucking?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

wacha, eovaldi, buchholz, shoemaker, iwakuma

what's wrong with carrasco? :confused:

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy

DeepDickPizza posted:

What are people doing with Josh Harrison? He's been godawful and Yahoo has alerted me that a ton of people have dropped him recently. There's quite a few interesting guys on the wire that I could pick up like Torii Hunter, Kevin Pillar, Ender Inciarte, etc. Also, I snagged Hunter Pence off the wire a few weeks ago and have been stashing him in one of my DL slots. I hate to just outright drop Harrison, but there's no way anyone will trade for him right now and he's routinely hurting my team if I actually play him.

He's getting dropped in my shallower leagues, if you're getting guys like Hunter Pence off waivers I would just move on, I doubt anyone else picks him up. If he gets hot you can probably just pick him back up.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Wacha? really? I mean I know the strikeouts aren't there but he's been pretty great.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I knew Iwakuma was dead last season and I went and drafted him anyway.

Ugghhh.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Abel Wingnut posted:

wacha

what's wrong with carrasco? :confused:

are strikeouts all you care about? Have you looked at Carrasco's ratios?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Wacha? really? I mean I know the strikeouts aren't there but he's been pretty great.

dude has a 12% K%, a .231 BABIP, and a 81.6% LOB. he is about to crash very, very hard. plus, his injury is the type to flare up again. he's an unsafe bet, attacking hitters differently than he ever has. i...don't trust that. i just sold high on him for carrasco in fact. ended up sending myers and wacha for ortiz and carrasco.

and yes, strikeouts are what i primarily focus on. carrasco's got a 29.2% K% and a 6.7% BB% with a .354 BABIP and 50% GB rate. he's suffering from bad luck and still providing value. wait until he regresses and you're looking at one of the best starters in the league.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

weas posted:

He's getting dropped in my shallower leagues, if you're getting guys like Hunter Pence off waivers I would just move on, I doubt anyone else picks him up. If he gets hot you can probably just pick him back up.

This is actually a really competitive league. It just seems like every year some people get frustrated early and drop a handful of guys that they shouldn't. Last year I got Alex Gordon, Devin Mesoraco and Jake Arrieta through shrewd WW management. The guy who dropped Pence had too many guys get injured and I had high waiver priority and an extra DL spot. Just wanna make sure I'm not on the wrong end of dropping a guy too early with Harrison.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
How come all the numbers say J.A. Happ is legit, but its J.A. Crapp.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

DeepDickPizza posted:

I dropped him. I dont think he's the type of player you have to worry about someone immediately snatching up or anything so yea like he said you can pick someone else up in the interim until (if?) he gets it going

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

gently caress steve cishek srsly

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

The Pussy Boss posted:

gently caress steve cishek srsly

Who is the next man up for the Marlins? I would think they almost certainly have to make at least a temporary change now.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

coronaball posted:

Who is the next man up for the Marlins? I would think they almost certainly have to make at least a temporary change now.

ESPN says A.J. Ramos. I know nothing about Miami's bullpen. :shrug:

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I never expected Josh Collmenter to be amazing or anything, but I drafted him late for a little extra pitching depth hoping for league average or slightly above league average pitching that I could throw out there on his 2 start weeks. After his start last night he basically needs to throw a no hitter in his next start to make up the points I'm down by now.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

My pitching is terrible and I don't want to trade like any of my offensive assets, this is the worst.

e because that sounds terrible: it's my keeper league where we keep ten so most of my offense is guys who are super good but I really just want a pitcher in the Jason Hammel/Anibal Sanchez (when not terrible) range. Not a guy you'd keep at the end of the year but a guy that you keep on your roster because he'll probably get a good amount of K's and a QS when he pitches.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 15:22 on May 12, 2015

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Noah is the ark upon which I will float to the top of the fantasy standings.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

IcePhoenix posted:

My pitching is terrible and I don't want to trade like any of my offensive assets, this is the worst.

e because that sounds terrible: it's my keeper league where we keep ten so most of my offense is guys who are super good but I really just want a pitcher in the Jason Hammel/Anibal Sanchez (when not terrible) range. Not a guy you'd keep at the end of the year but a guy that you keep on your roster because he'll probably get a good amount of K's and a QS when he pitches.

Buchholz is available!

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

I'm adding Buchholz because his next 3 games should be @SEA, TEX, MIN.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Schweinhund posted:

I'm adding Buchholz because his next 3 games should be @SEA, TEX, MIN.

https://twitter.com/Twins_morsecode/status/596697076458651648

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Felix Hernandez and Jeff Samardzija

for

James Shields, Sonny Gray and Wil Myers

thoughts

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

bewbies posted:

thoughts

"I know literally nothing about this league or the teams involved and thus have no loving clue who wins this trade."

e: things I am curious about - Who does team A drop? Who does team A have at OF/Util? Who is team B planning on picking up to fill the blank spot? Who does team B have in the OF/Util? What are the scoring settings? How are team A/B doing in those settings? Is it a keeper league? What are those settings? How do these players factor into keeper decisions? What is the meaning of life? Why are we even here? How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 16:50 on May 12, 2015

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

"I know literally nothing about this league or the teams involved and thus have no loving clue who wins this trade."

Good point. H2H points league, guy REALLY wants Wil Myers, I have plenty of SP and OF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

bewbies posted:

Good point. H2H points league, guy REALLY wants Wil Myers, I have plenty of SP and OF.

In my mind Samadizjiajzajza is not that big of a factor. I think you're giving up a LOT for Felix, but if you are set at SP and OF as you say, you might still win the trade. You are getting the best player in the deal, which is one of the most important factors.

In summary: If it were me I'd try to get a different piece back instead of Samardzjia.

• Locked thread