Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
I 100% believe that there is bbq good enough to wait 5 hours for. Brisket is very hard to master and it is just sublime when done well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
I bought some pants.

I mostly associate Dockers with pleated dad khakis, but lately they've had some nice flat-front prints (though even the slim cuts need to be taken in some). Looks like maybe they're backing away from this stuff, though, because most of the stuff that caught my eye a few months ago is gone or on clearance. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't sell well because the only people seeking out Dockers are looking for billowy khakis.

Dr. Light
Dec 16, 2006

Crunkjuice posted:

Franklins is loving phenomenal, and absolutely worth the wait. It's definitely not a daily experience, or a solo one for that. Get a couple of people, chairs and a cooler of beer and hang out for a couple hours and then eat some of the best barbecue of your life.

There's a great BBQ place in St. Louis called 'Pappy's' which has a similar line most days. The local's secret is to just call ahead, place your order, and then get a lot of angry looks as you bypass the giant line to go pick up your delicious BBQ. Then you just go take it for a picnic in Forest Park!

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Light posted:

There's a great BBQ place in St. Louis called 'Pappy's' which has a similar line most days. The local's secret is to just call ahead, place your order, and then get a lot of angry looks as you bypass the giant line to go pick up your delicious BBQ. Then you just go take it for a picnic in Forest Park!

Have done this; would recommend.

Also:

For content:

One of my clients is an orthopedic surgeon, and basically ordered me to get one.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

blarzgh posted:

For content:

One of my clients is an orthopedic surgeon, and basically ordered me to get one.

Spanx?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I'm not seeing how a 100 dollar compression shirt is worth the price but maybe OPs friend can enlighten why this one is cool

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'm going to assume blarzgh has some back problems so this will be a very wearable brace.

Content: I was up in Seattle for the weekend & went to a new favorite greasy spoon diner.

Pancake Chef hat & mug.

Other side has a cool little logo.

Also pictured are the $5 8-bit style sunglasses I got at a gas station so that I can be all :frogc00l: .

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Android Bicyclist posted:

I'm going to assume blarzgh has some back problems so this will be a very wearable brace.

Content: I was up in Seattle for the weekend & went to a new favorite greasy spoon diner.

Pancake Chef hat & mug.

Also pictured are the $5 8-bit style sunglasses I got at a gas station so that I can be all :frogc00l: .

Post your 8-bit tie

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Pancake Chef hat & mug.

Can you move the mug so we can see how many dicks are in your mouth?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Today I went into Oxford St to go clothes/shoe shopping for the first time since moving to London. Shoe-wise I knew I wanted something subtle, smart but still trainer-y and not skate shoes because I've been wearing them for over a decade now. Also I've always quite dug the look of Doc Martens but never really been into the whole boot thing.

I think I did pretty well.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
e: my first post didn't show up for like 90 seconds and i ended up double-posting. thanks, SA!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

SLOSifl posted:

Can you move the mug so we can see how many dicks are in your mouth?

Joke's on you. My mouth is comprised of prehensile dicks.

Bought these volumes of Black Lagoon from a friend of a friend. The transaction itself happened outside work, where she came up with the books in her hand & cash in mine. There was the exchange and she hopped into the car waiting for her down the street. To anybody observing it looked like some nerd equivalent of a drug deal.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

I wish.

Intelliskin shirt.

BulimicGoat
Mar 19, 2007

Dr. Light posted:

The local's secret is to go to Bogart's or Sugarfire instead

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

I'm untouchable thanks to these pills.

I discovered the "metaphysical" section on eBay and the haunted dolls were all too expensive.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I have seen some pretty nifty looking jewelry in there. Normally it's kinda bland looking but sometimes you find some giant old gothic style ring that would probably cause brain damage if you punched someone.

The one thing I regret not buying when I had the chance was a haunted crystal penis. I say penis because it was a giant, veiny cock but the end was a quartz crystal style termination, and it had a LIGHT UP ROTATING LED BASE, so it was classy.

I dunno what made it haunted, or what the ghost did to get confined to a crystal dick for eternity, but the fact it had a light up multicolor base was amazing.

I dunno if the base was haunted as well, but it might have been.

Dr. Light
Dec 16, 2006

BulimicGoat posted:

Haha, that's fair - I haven't lived in St. Louis for a few years, but I'll have to give those a shot next time I visit.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

I'm untouchable thanks to these pills.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I have seen some pretty nifty looking jewelry in there. Normally it's kinda bland looking but sometimes you find some giant old gothic style ring that would probably cause brain damage if you punched someone.

The one thing I regret not buying when I had the chance was a haunted crystal penis. I say penis because it was a giant, veiny cock but the end was a quartz crystal style termination, and it had a LIGHT UP ROTATING LED BASE, so it was classy.

I dunno what made it haunted, or what the ghost did to get confined to a crystal dick for eternity, but the fact it had a light up multicolor base was amazing.

I don't think I've ever wanted or needed anything more in my life.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

BulimicGoat posted:

I'm in STL. I still haven't been to Sugarfire... I know I need to go though, friends post that poo poo on Facebook all the time.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

get me out of this wack rear end crystal rear end wacker

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If not by ghosts, definitely by its experiences.

Pitre
Jul 29, 2003

Kenwood DDX5901HD

Four Kenwood KFC-C6895PS

+all of the necessary adapters and install kits.

Finally upgrading the stock audio in the 2008 F-250. Using an HDMI > MHL adapter for my phone is awesome for using Waze and other apps on my phone. The touch screen on the head unit even controls my Android phone perfectly with the Kenwood app.

I turned around and sold the factory single disc radio for almost as much as the Kenwood radio on eBay. Crazy.

an overdue owl
Feb 26, 2012

hoot

Pancake Chef hat & mug.

You look like a guy who would have multiple favorite greasy spoon diners.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Why are you guys being so mean to Secret Agent Cool Dad. It's his day off from Nintendo Squad, give him a break.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

bunnielab posted:

I 100% believe that there is bbq good enough to wait 5 hours for. Brisket is very hard to master and it is just sublime when done well.

Correct. I spent $50 to buy a packer and made this yesterday. Takes about 13-14 hours to cook, by the way, for anyone wondering.

E: Used the new cooker from however many pages ago to do it too!

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Digital_Jesus posted:

Correct. I spent $50 to buy a packer and made this yesterday. Takes about 13-14 hours to cook, by the way, for anyone wondering.

Looks good, what is that like 3-4 lbs?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Digital_Jesus posted:

Aaron Franklin just released his book and it looks pretty drat good

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

RisqueBarber posted:

Looks good, what is that like 3-4 lbs?

14lbs when it went in the cooker, probably around 10 when it came off.

SaltLick posted:

Aaron Franklin just released his book and it looks pretty drat good

I'm not riding on the Franklin hype train with everyone else but his output is top quality for certain. The beef ribs at Muellers are pretty drat hard to beat.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Why are you guys being so mean to Secret Agent Cool Dad. It's his day off from Nintendo Squad, give him a break.

The best part is that he's also posted gun and knife stuff in here, further cementing goon stereotypes in my mind.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
S'allright. It's tough being Secret Agent Cool Dad, with those long hours at Nintendo Squad. The greasy spoon diner acumen is built up from after long nights of drinking after work to forget the fact you kids are ungrateful little shits.

Content:

Fandango'ed tickets for this modern misandrist propaganda flick.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

What caliber are those bike parts?

Got this LED lantern to go with the Parasol for the terrace (in Green and Black), pretty impressive little light

Astrobastard has a new favorite as of 22:41 on May 13, 2015

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Astrobastard posted:

What caliber are those bike parts?

Got this LED lantern to go with the Parasol for the terrace (in Green and Black), pretty impressive little light

.22 fixie

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

High performance carbon fiber lawnmower parts??

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

bike part or butt toy?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

baram. posted:

bike part or butt toy?

Why can't it be both?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Lol vape part? ??

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Here at Something Awful dot Com, we have over 3 hobbies and 4 jokes!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Digital_Jesus posted:

I may kill a person for this.

I just need a taste first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

TraderStav posted:

High performance carbon fiber lawnmower parts??

This is probably the closest guess. Performance moped parts (kit, crank and exhaust) to turn my stupid little fart bucket into a (low-40s mph) speed machine.

baram. posted:

bike part or butt toy?

its the vibrations