Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

wasn't aeon flux a movie with charlize theron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

V. Illych L. posted:

again it was a joke, based on my just bouncing off an interaction with warsz which amounted to "this attitude is often irritating"

i should probably have added a smiley or something but i was sort of hoping people would get it from

context

Nah, probably my fault - I've been flipping between work and this and missed some of your convo with Warsz.:)

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

this reminds me that charlize looks Real Good as a brunette and should try it more often

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

i bet charlize theron has very troubling views about apartheid

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.
also in-n-out burgers were v. good

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

zoux posted:

i bet charlize theron has very troubling views about apartheid

didn't sharlto copley or someone get in hot water for that lately

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

hahah yep

quote:

In the October 14, 1996 issue of People magazine, Charlize Theron praises apartheid and states "there is no more hope for white South Africans" now that apartheid is over. This was shortly after arrival in Los Angeles, sleeping around--she didn't have a job--, and managed to get an agent who was smitten by her temper tantrums and her beauty who got her a gig in "Two Days in the Valley".

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

shes just securing a future for her white children tho

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

I guess there's something vaguely admirable about clint choosing to portray a polack

and, much more importantly, about casting ethnically-accurate actors in those hmong roles, which most (or, hell, all of em) liberal hollywood directors would not bother to do.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ugh ive got that nasheed stuck in my head now

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

The Warszawa posted:

fwiw gran torino is the last movie i saw with my grandfather before he died so i have unwarranted nostalgia for it

Same with Birth of a Nation :unsmith:

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

zoux posted:

Saleel Sawarim?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

euphronius posted:

what was aeon flux about. Was that anime? I remember watching every episodne once stoned out of my gourd.

the tv series not the movie.

I just remember it was on right before Duckman.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

is it just me or is every dnd thread straight up garbage, other than the joke threads ?

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

The up or down vote on fast tracking the tpp is coming up? on cspan? I don't have cable do you guys have a link?

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

zoux posted:

and zoux's path to joining ISIS begins

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sinnlos posted:

Saleel Sawarim?

iono the one from the peppa pig video

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

zoux posted:

I could post IRA songs but those are probably just as problematic.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Jagchosis posted:

i found something worse than people pinning all their hopes on bernie sanders: dude stumping for clinton in the bernie sanders photoshop thread lol

I think something even worse than people with hopes about some unlikely political thing is the people who are jaded into inaction and only talk about changing popular media portrayals of things because they feel too powerless to do anything else outside their comfort zone anymore and jeer at anyone who dares to hope.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

zoux posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPXHnzjIYho this one?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

sudo rm -rf posted:

tell me why i shouldn't

because most of them have been beat all to hell. but if you can find a good, relatively unmolested one

and no cowl induction hood they look awful

ReidRansom fucked around with this message at 18:23 on May 12, 2015

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

zoux posted:

iono the one from the peppa pig video

Yeah that's Saleel Sawarim. There is another catchy one that is essentially a dis track against al-Qaeda.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

no

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Sinnlos posted:

I could post IRA songs but those are probably just as problematic.

i like the one where it just randomly goes "jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way, oh what it is to join the provisional IRA" (my old man's a provo)

Rodatose posted:

I think something even worse than people with hopes about some unlikely political thing is the people who are jaded into inaction and only talk about changing popular media portrayals of things because they feel too powerless to do anything else outside their comfort zone anymore and jeer at anyone who dares to hope.

lmao

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Rodatose posted:

Yeah this is how I felt about the mayday pac but was too busy to marathon post about it and BEST CASE get a brian boyko redtext for the trouble.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Badger of Basra posted:

wasn't aeon flux a movie with charlize theron

I only know the animation. it was weird but alright for its time

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-greenwald/racism-is-real-the-real-r_b_7172482.html

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Jagchosis posted:

and zoux's path to joining ISIS begins

I can see ISIS zoux, I cannot, however, picture Taliban zoux.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

pangstrom posted:

Yeah this is how I felt about the mayday pac but was too busy to marathon post about it and BEST CASE get a brian boyko redtext for the trouble.

just to clarify I'm not saying that people should just say "well, this is the new zeitgeist, let's go along with it." If the thing people are getting excited about has ties to/is funded by some shady things (like the Kony 2012 campaign or how ron paul looks appealing at first glance) then obviously it should be skewered so it doesn't do any harm, as funding libertarians or ugandan war mercenaries would.

But if it's just naiveté, it's a good thing to encourage if there's no other avenues of activism for youthful folks who previously weren't politically engaged even if all it does push the national discourse a little leftward. if you want to be a true communist cynic, you can refer to them in your head as "useful idiots". But hey you're probably forgetting you were like that once and you shouldn't scare them away from politics altogether by saying they're just being a bunch of young dumbasses.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gravel Gravy posted:

I just remember it was on right before Duckman.

I still call my dad "dawdd"

Alligator Horse
Mar 23, 2013

sudo rm -rf posted:

tell me why i shouldn't

It would be a borderline Top Gear move.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Exclamation Marx posted:

nothing concrete at all, but another journalist (using apparently different sources) made corroborating claims in 2011

The Pakistanis didn't know where Bin Laden was because they didn't want to know, ok? Does that mean that, out of all ISI in Abbottabad, nobody knew? No. Does that mean, out of all ISI in Abbottabad, nobody in charge asked them? Most likely.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Randler posted:

I can see ISIS zoux, I cannot, however, picture Taliban zoux.

I basically imagine Taliban zoux to look identical to ISIS zoux, except he's enjoying some delicious bolani.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Rodatose posted:

Who needs hope, when you can follow the money?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

badger are you on right now

Alligator Horse
Mar 23, 2013

My Imaginary Gobbled Footlong.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

My Imaginary GF posted:

The Pakistanis didn't know where Bin Laden was because they didn't want to know, ok? Does that mean that, out of all ISI in Abbottabad, nobody knew? No. Does that mean, out of all ISI in Abbottabad, nobody in charge asked them? Most likely.

people who identify ISI as having monolithic agency immediately disqualify themselves as morons

it is at war with itself, riven by faction

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

why does everyone forget how to drive when it rains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Badger of Basra posted:

why does everyone forget how to drive when it rains

what do you know about leslie

• Locked thread