Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Alter Ego posted:

Aw, come on. Fiorina's clearly Mom if she's not Leela.

Also, Zoidberg has to be Jeb Bush. No one likes him, but he's just there.

And if you say Ben Carson isn't Preacherbot I will fight you.

Mom is competent though can't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

TheDisreputableDog posted:

Let's talk more about the looks/bodies bodies of women we don't agree with guys.

Keeping it soooo classy

Rick "Skeletor" Scott - cool
Ann "Skeletor" Coulter - sexist

Is that about right?

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

I think if there's something in appearance to make fun of or criticize in a candidate, it's been said here, regardless of gender. Walker's stupid face, for example.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

People ITT forgetting that Skeletor was really buff.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

SirKibbles posted:

Mom is competent though can't work.

For some reason I see Hilary more as Mom. Friendly public face but completely merciless behind the scenes.

Perry strikes me as Zapp Brannigan.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Clearly :mitt: Romney is Bender Bending Rodriguez.

After all, he was made in :mexico:

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

Alter Ego posted:

Fry: Scott Walker
Bender: Rand Paul
Leela: Carly Fiorina
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: Donald Trump

The primary moderator is Morbo (Hannity or O'Reilly).
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: Ron Paul 2008 2012 2015 (Good news everyone. End the Fed!)
Calculon: Mike Huckabee (Ham it up, you hack)
Dr Zoidberg: Dr. Ben Carson (they're doctors and I'm lazy)
Zapp Brannigan: Ted Cruz ("If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.") Perry is a better fit.
Roberto: Ted Cruz
Judge Ron Whitey: ???

zeroprime fucked around with this message at 18:28 on May 12, 2015

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Yeah guys, look at all the examples in this thread where male pols and pundits are called out for being too skinny...

Tom Cotton could gain a few pounds, he is very weird looking and stick-like...

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Yeah guys, look at all the examples in this thread where male pols and pundits are called out for being too skinny...

"Ryan skips leg day"

Aka did you know that I lift :smug:

This derail is dumb but it reminded me of those goofy Paul Ryan pictures so it's not all bad.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

mlmp08 posted:

"Ryan skips leg day"

Aka did you know that I lift :smug:

This derail is dumb but it reminded me of those goofy Paul Ryan pictures so it's not all bad.

And, more recently, Jindal's gym photos, which got him mocked for skipping leg day as well.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

zeroprime posted:

Judge Ron Whitey: ???

Scalia

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

DOOP posted:

Rick "Skeletor" Scott - cool
Ann "Skeletor" Coulter - sexist

Is that about right?

No I've already corrected myself:

any republican - cool/funny/deserved
any democrat - misogyny/racist/body shaming

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
its almost like humor is subjective

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

"Christie looks like a wannabe mob boss, look at his stupid face" is funny, in my opinion, while "Christie is fat!" is just mean and not very funny.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
I tried counting all the "punchable face" posts but I don't have several years to kill.

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Captain_Maclaine posted:

"It’s over 800 billion dollars that we have expended [in Iraq]. I believe that Iraq should pay us back for the money that we spent, and I believe that Iraq should pay the families that lost a loved one several million dollars per life, I think at minimum."

Well that's even worse than I remembered. I trust she has no such qualms about the near million dead Iraqis?

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Lustful Man Hugs posted:

Well that's even worse than I remembered. I trust she has no such qualms about the near million dead Iraqis?
That's just the price of freedom :bahgawd:

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Bicyclops posted:

"Christie looks like a wannabe mob boss, look at his stupid face" is funny, in my opinion, while "Christie is fat!" is just mean and not very funny.

"christie is so fat he spent 300,000 on food and desserts" is pretty funny.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

its almost like humor is subjective

But that would mean... so is social justice :ohdear:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

But that would mean... so is social justice :ohdear:

You say this like it isn't near universally acknowledged.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Lustful Man Hugs posted:

She likely thinks they should pay us for that too.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I'm not sure if this was a part of the earlier linked Christie article or not, but:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/05/christie-spent-82000-on-snacks-at-nfl-games.html

quote:

Christie paid for food and drinks at MetLife with a debit card 58 times over the 2010 and 2011 NFL seasons, accruing a bill of $82,594.

That means he spent an average of nearly $1,500 on food and drinks every time he attended a football game.

The money came from Christie’s state allowance, a $95,000 sum he’s given on a quarterly basis to be “used for official receptions on behalf of the state, the operation of an official residence, for other expenses.” Hot dogs and beers obviously qualify as “other expenses.”

$1,500 a game, 58 times. Anyone remember him using a loving helicopter to attend/leave from his kid's little league game? The guy redefines what it means to be a corrupt politician.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Bicyclops posted:

:agreed:

Also dang, Skeletor is pretty buff. Too bad Arnold can't run for pres.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Young Orc

Need to wear that to the GOP convention.

Joementum posted:

Nah, it doesn't really matter. The winner of the national popular vote will almost certainly have enough EVs to win.

:golfclap:

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

a shameful boehner posted:

I'm not sure if this was a part of the earlier linked Christie article or not, but:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/05/christie-spent-82000-on-snacks-at-nfl-games.html

$1,500 a game, 58 times. Anyone remember him using a loving helicopter to attend/leave from his kid's little league game? The guy redefines what it means to be a corrupt politician.

Those stadium vendors really get you though.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

If Christie was in a suite and paid for the catered food all by himself using that allowance (since why not right?) I could see him wrack up bills like that easily. Sounds like the state needs to be a lot more careful on what it considers "official receptions on behalf of the state" since you'll have welfare queen politicians abusing their benefits.

All of this high life poo poo on the taxpayer's dime really spotlights how much a sack of garbage he is for yelling at teachers for wanting compensation.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 19:34 on May 12, 2015

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Ted Cruz Official bumper sticker

https://store.tedcruz.org/product/right-turns-only-bumper-sticker/

$10

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

The numbers don't add up here.

For those that aren't football fans, there are only ten home games per team per season, not including playoffs. Two of those are preseason (and I doubt Christie would go, no one goes), and there's one playoff game at MetLife over those two years (a Giants game in 2011).

He spent way more than $1,500 per game. He spent $82,594 over, at max, 17 games. If Christie really did go to every Giants and Jets regular season and playoff home game, he really averaged $4,858.47 in food per game, and averaged 3.4 food purchases per game.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Young Orc

Bicyclops posted:

Coulter is a professional troll and I dislike everything involving her, but she is definitely a target for misogyny and the way that people criticize her is pretty telling.

Like, she is an absolute monster who almost literally cannot open her mouth without spewing hateful, bigoted filth, but you can't have one discussion about her without somebody bringing up her appearance or saying things that are even more disgusting.

Yeah I can't imagine why people talk about their appearance.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Hillary hasn't driven a car in nineteen years

A quick heli lift here and there is literally little league in comparison

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Bicyclops posted:

Coulter is a professional troll and I dislike everything involving her, but she is definitely a target for misogyny and the way that people criticize her is pretty telling.

Like, she is an absolute monster who almost literally cannot open her mouth without spewing hateful, bigoted filth, but you can't have one discussion about her without somebody bringing up her appearance or saying things that are even more disgusting.

When Sarah Palin first came into the spotlight in the VP nomination, I remember being pleasantly surprised because the left's criticism of her was at least less shockingly sexist than the usual that had been aimed to Coulter or other women prominent on the right. Which was pretty scary given how some of that still was, just that most was stuff I could have imagine said word for word about a male candidate.

I mean, sure you could say the Republicans are worse and you'd be right, but I don't feel ashamed asking for a higher standard than that.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Sir Tonk posted:

Yeah I can't imagine why people talk about their appearance.

They sure dress provocatively huh

Is this an actual argument I'm hearing from the left HOLY poo poo

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
Can someone also make an infographic detailing how drunk Ann was when the comments were made and how many sexual partners she's had in the past, thanks in advance.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Hillary hasn't driven a car in nineteen years

A quick heli lift here and there is literally little league in comparison

lmao

Anyways, is it possible to get tickets to primary debates, or is it like a Big Donors Only kinda thing?

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Can someone also make an infographic detailing how drunk Ann was when the comments were made and how many sexual partners she's had in the past, thanks in advance.

http://www.dayswithoutagoprapemention.com

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

People are making me agree with TheDisreputableDog about certain points and it is making me extremely upset.

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012

No I've already corrected myself:

any republican - cool/funny/deserved
any democrat - misogyny/racist/body shaming

"Why does the anti-birth control, anti-gay rights, anti-abortion party get accused of misogyny so much more?!?"

mastervj
Feb 25, 2011

mlmp08 posted:

I tried counting all the "punchable face" posts but I don't have several years to kill.

I'll punch in the face anybody who wants me to stop wanting to punch Ted Cruz in the face.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Late to the Futurama party, but Trump is clearly Zapp Brannigen(sp.?); an incompetent, constantly self-promoting rear end in a top hat surrounded by spineless yes men who never question him. With everything that comes out of his mouth being easily discredited asinine stupidity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Alter Ego posted:

Now I want to cast the entire GOP primary field as characters from Futurama.

But they're all throwbacks from a thousand years in the past.

• Locked thread