Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Hexel posted:

Guys halp, I wanna play p99 again but the 50-60 grind got me down. Where can a 54 Monk with a fungi, dragonborn haste and AC/SoS solo?

I tried solb and the bats are alright but the LDC dot wrecks me, the bards and nobles in highkeep have greened out and the forest giant camp in BW is always taken by mages :smith:

The mobs in charasis/howling stones are pretty easy (except south and east wing, I forget atm). Basement or uhm, west wing I think is the easier one. Entrance should be pretty cake too. They all go light blue in the higher 50's.

Bats are low 40's right? LDC's are 45ish iirc. Entrance golems in HS are 45ish I think, straight melee. Just the harmtouch sk skellies will keep you on your toes but they are not that prevalent to ruin the day.

Not sure how mobbed that zone is of course, once Velious opens it should be empty. No one camps the basement, I used to do LDC's even up till lvl 57 and HS basement on p99... they were about the same for difficulty but I was an enc charming things and all that so the sketchy factor was always there.

Also... Kaladim guards (inside) may do the trick still at 54, just have to zone to get outta trouble!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotophage
Apr 26, 2015

by Lowtax
Lotophage:

Lancastar - 45 SK
Troubl - 30 Wiz

I don't log in much anymore and don't have quite as much spare time but if stuff starts happening on Red again I will probably hop on board. I do wanna mess around in Velious for sure. Both are still tagged but I just logged in to check and one is an officer and one is just a member so I guess I can't help with the whole leader situation.

Eptar
Jan 14, 2003
Oh no, not again.
Monk friend and I socked our way from 1-15 yesterday, that red xp bonus is pretty sweet. Some guy gave me a dwarven ringmail tunic which I unfortunately can't wear due to being a half elf, he said I could sell it for around 500 though which sounds insanely high to me...

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Eptar posted:

Monk friend and I socked our way from 1-15 yesterday, that red xp bonus is pretty sweet. Some guy gave me a dwarven ringmail tunic which I unfortunately can't wear due to being a half elf, he said I could sell it for around 500 though which sounds insanely high to me...

350-500 is the general price for those, though it took me weeks to finally sell one back when I played. The resists are huge on red and anything with sv magic is automatically way more money than it would ever be on blue.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I solved my p99 blues by rolling a super-pimped shaman

So pumped to own some dervs and frogloks

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Trolls - my other favorite race. A man after my own heart. :allears:

If I had the funds for a fungi, I would totally roll a troll warrior and go nuts with you. Someday...

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

40-50 I ran circuits on the Rivervale guards. Its 300 plat per hour I had enough to get a fungi + 20k change in the bank. Fungi on a low level troll is amazing. I pulled the lizardman camps at level 2 and never dipped below 90% health :dong:

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
How much did you pay for fungi tunic? 300/hr at 70k is ~240 hours. :psyduck:

I guess you did say you were leveling from 40-50 while doing it so it makes sense. Maybe I'll give the Rivervale guards a try on my 40 necro and ditch the hill giants for awhile. Is there a vendor nearby iksar can use? I imagine most of the money comes from fine steel drops?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I picked one up for 66k. As a monk I could vendor and bank right in Rivervale using sneak. The guards in Rivervale drop a 10p spear each, just like the ones in misty. As a necro your closest bank would be in Runnyeye or you could pay lowbies to vendor and bank for you.

They are on a 20 minute timer and theres 12 of them, so thats over 120p per clear 3x per hour. No competition, no running around looking for spawns, etc.

Hexel fucked around with this message at 04:18 on May 10, 2015

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah that sounds like good coin. Not as good as hill giants per kill, but I imagine you can get that camp uncontested and pull more often. Better ZEM too.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Farm plat on red if you have a character for it. 3x as much money!

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Hexel posted:

I picked one up for 66k. As a monk I could vendor and bank right in Rivervale using sneak. The guards in Rivervale drop a 10p spear each, just like the ones in misty. As a necro your closest bank would be in Runnyeye or you could pay lowbies to vendor and bank for you.

They are on a 20 minute timer and theres 12 of them, so thats over 120p per clear 3x per hour. No competition, no running around looking for spawns, etc.

You sneak to vendor, but you can bank while feign'd. Necros can FD bank anywhere, though riskier with the cast time, but with a funny camera angle i'm pretty sure you can bank outside of the RV bank without much danger.

Oggok guards are another excellent place to do this, low 40s-51 gives excellent xp and plat. Vendors and guards are on different factions so a necro MIGHT be good to vendor to them depending on religion. If not, roll a level 1 ogre, drop some backpacks full of FS weapons and get a goon to xfer plat back to you when you finish. Once you outgrow the guards, go kill specters in Ferrott for gems + Scythes (ignore bronze / rusty obviously).

Rabbi
Nov 20, 2002

I have a shaman on red I've been leveling when my group isn't around on blue.

Rabbi

Brumk - 13 Shaman

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
I've been wanted to play shaman recently as I have never played a healer class in this game before. Would probably be Trolls, my favorite race. I just wish Trolls could be more than three classes.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
i should have made my warrior a troll, i could really use the regen in downtime.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Ramulack posted:

I've been wanted to play shaman recently as I have never played a healer class in this game before. Would probably be Trolls, my favorite race. I just wish Trolls could be more than three classes.

Enchanters can be trolls (after level 20)!

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Enchanters can be trolls (after level 20)!

your post is a troll.

Jhels and the others, i've hopped on a few times to see if you're online, but I apparently keep missing you. I'll keep trying as i have a bit of plat and stuff i can give out.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Yep I was pretty much perma trollin on the enc. I think you get a bash button on one of those races as well.

krylon666
Nov 7, 2011
How much is a fair tip for porting, assuming you have like 100p total? Just curious.

My progress has slowed down on my enchanter unfortunately. Still at 13, but over near Unrest now. So I guess I'll try to hang there for awhile as it seems like a great place for xp (never leveled up there before). Jhels / Hotvomit / anyone else who was starting fresh on blue - what level are you guys now?

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

krylon666 posted:

How much is a fair tip for porting, assuming you have like 100p total? Just curious.

My progress has slowed down on my enchanter unfortunately. Still at 13, but over near Unrest now. So I guess I'll try to hang there for awhile as it seems like a great place for xp (never leveled up there before). Jhels / Hotvomit / anyone else who was starting fresh on blue - what level are you guys now?

Like 1-5 plat. I usually don't let newbies/obviously poor people tip when I'm porting. Unrest is great XP assuming you can avoid trains and there's mobs available.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I think people with lots of disposable plat usually tip between 30-50p depending on how much work the druid/wizard had to do to get to you. That said, with how nice this community is, nobody looks down on a newbie who only has 100p to his name and offers up 1-5p. It's not much, but it still shows that you recognize the help you are receiving.

It's exactly like that little scene in The Grand Budapest Hotel "now give him a token of your appreciation, quick!"

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Did you know?

Did you know that if you hold Control and then click a stack of items that it automatically grabs just one for you?

Did you also know that you can turn in four bandages at a time to Joogl Honeywhatever and get 4x the rep hits all at once?

I did not know these things until very recently... :suicide:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

krylon666 posted:

im about halfway to 19, oasis orc highway has been money when i can get on.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Red character dump update!

RED CHARACTERS:

Iloveu:
Teddy - 36 Druid
Scoobs - 46 Ranger
Ubuh - 45 Bard

Have Some Flowers!
Badtown - 40 bard
Mahj - 46 Shaman

ptothebtothek
Gristling - 53 Paladin
Syzlyk - 36 Shaman
Lizarah - 35 Shadow Knight
Tresh - 35 Wizard

Lotophage:
Lancastar - 45 SK
Troubl - 30 Wiz

Rabbi
Brumk - 13 Shaman

Pillow Armadillo:
Skullmonkey 41 cleric
Boombots 30 enchanter
Bertbert 19 Wizard

Guy with welsh name
Unfetereds 37 necro
Toccata 16 Bard

There were some dudes i talked to last night, I know Skullmonkey is around doin' poo poo and someone else was talking to me as well. Post toons/levels here for reference!

I Love You! fucked around with this message at 16:05 on May 12, 2015

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
Pillow Armadillo:
Skullmonkey 41 cleric
Boombots 30 enchanter
Bertbert 19 Wizard

edit: the "red pals" was a reference to playable characters, not my SomethingAwful username.

Pillow Armadillo fucked around with this message at 02:33 on May 12, 2015

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

iNteg posted:

your post is a troll.

Jhels and the others, i've hopped on a few times to see if you're online, but I apparently keep missing you. I'll keep trying as i have a bit of plat and stuff i can give out.

im usually on in the evenings. on for a bit right now until my fiancee gets home then i log off until she goes to bed.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009

krylon666 posted:

The general rule some people follow is 1pp per level.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
My red characters

Unfetereds 37 necro
Toccata 16 Bard

borf
Apr 5, 2006

krylon666 posted:

Jhels / Hotvomit / anyone else who was starting fresh on blue - what level are you guys now?
I was Hotvomit, but I got bored since I had already played a druid years ago. Switched over to monk, having a lot more fun. His name is Zipfist, and he's 18.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
probably done on red, after level 49 it loving blows there are people that literally dedicate a twink(dependent on what class is best at that particular level) in each zone that is even a little bit popular to level in, and they will log in and PK until you either log off or they get bored.

If no one is there they will probably just log onto another PK character, alot of these dudes have spent hundreds of hours just building twinks to pk and its worse at 52 where your kill spots narrow drastically.

Might just farm pp on my necro and just buy an epic on blue. How much does bard epic go for on that server?

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
Red ooc is a shitshow, and I feel your pain. Last night, I was having fun in a CE group in Mistmoore while some rogue PK tried to pick us off during repops. Pretty frustratig when half your group is oor and one backstab for 290 hit me for most of my hitpoints.

Ended up breaking up the group, but I just swapped to something else and played for another hour without further hostile encounters.

Bard epics on blue are expensive, can't quote a price, but had a laugh on my warrior yesterday when some EC rat asked me how many million plat I paid for my epic (answer: 0 plat, scrub).

borf
Apr 5, 2006

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Red ooc is a shitshow, and I feel your pain.
I tried Red for a bit last year and really didn't like the atmosphere. Can someone please explain where the gently caress "pras" came from and why people are saying it 24/7 there?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
The last couple nights i've gotten into late night groups and grinded until I was falling asleep in the group.

Just like high school :allears:

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

borf posted:

I tried Red for a bit last year and really didn't like the atmosphere. Can someone please explain where the gently caress "pras" came from and why people are saying it 24/7 there?

Praise Cazic Thule! Why isn't every second word you say pras..maybe you aren't cut out for red.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

borf posted:

Praise. Said when someone lands a kill on someone else, especially if the target was strong or well known.

Also at lvl 52 they don't really count as twinks any more. Once Velious hits this won't really be a problem comparatively since there will be a million times more places to go and more gear to find to catch up to the uber-raided pks but I can understand the frustration.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Hello if you are lvl 31-44 or so get thee to Overthere and message Teddy to get free levels incredibly quickly. gogogoog

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Smash it Smash hit posted:

probably done on red

Its a party on blue!

Communist Q
Jul 13, 2009

probably done on red, after level 49 it loving blows there are people that literally dedicate a twink(dependent on what class is best at that particular level) in each zone that is even a little bit popular to level in, and they will log in and PK until you either log off or they get bored.

If no one is there they will probably just log onto another PK character, alot of these dudes have spent hundreds of hours just building twinks to pk and its worse at 52 where your kill spots narrow drastically.

Might just farm pp on my necro and just buy an epic on blue. How much does bard epic go for on that server?

Ugh, I'm glad I didn't bother leveling up much further. If you guys switch to blue let me know, I might see if I can get my lumi staff from my friend then flip it to start a twink.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005

In the end, its just a game. Some people have A LOT of time to dedicate, IE by my screenshots below before I quit and gave a lot of gear away amongst other stuff saved a few accounts. I had an army, 1-2 chars dedicated to crushbone, MM, unrest, CoM, KC 50s and 55s to 60s etc ready to be wherever whenever.

The backbone of the army! Especially the clerics. having 3 main clerics in the 49, 54, 60 range to spread out was great. Buff botters (DMF, Shm buffs + primal essence hammer, 60 clr buffs, VoG/c2 all in one spot. This was during forced beta when boxing was allowed, what it doesn't really show is how geared these chars were. All 3 clerics had donal bp + legs. Enchanter was a copy-over, take away the PD robe, earring and thats it. Rest were basically all mine and my brothers. Not pictured are the various other ~20 some chars twinked out, ranger, more rogues, 2 bards one with epic full gear at 51. Tstaff monk. Only thing we didn't have was a 60 epic warrior.

Just scroll past the pictures if you are not interested in red server/pvp, I have too many good killshots especially from broken tstaff days, double BS duelist 1k 1k+s, running around with a gank group pre druid Frost cast time nerf + best bard on server with 2 epic AoN SK's and myself(rogue) with a battle cleric. Once you get that immersed into red, or EQ itself. Having stuff like shiny brass idol farmer, golem wand/lizard blood potion farmer etc becomes the norm. Yes I am a nerd, all of this probably took me almost 1 1/2 years of playing EQ daily to acquire. Red server exp bonus is just stupid easy, before when solo, and now when grouped. It is very easy to level up to 60 and then you decide what you want to do. You can go for pixels then defect and TRY to find some real pvp which there isn't much of and you have to be super careful because of the lns/pnp all that bs. One of the main reasons I ended up quitting was because EVERY SINGLE character in that first screenshot had a bullseye on them to be the first one suspended/banned for some unknown reason even if they weren't in the zone or online at the time. GM's can get too close to community, Some in the past have and used it to discipline/ban opposition for a little taste of that which is the 2+ years of kunark droppables. See bonus screen capture from former "retired" GM.

To show some of red(I didn't sit there 24/7 just waiting to gank nakeds, usually once I saw pvp pop off I knew it was another twink and I went there to fight them as you can see in the SK picture wiping a half twink group out was not too hard at all.

Some random pictures selected:

Druid killing some poor not-so innocent undergeared person(it was actually 4v1 but for some people, when you levitate in the air they become clueless as what to do if they can't lev up to you)

Killing some random caster + his fungi twinked monk friend who ate literally every blind I hit him with making him run into a wall for a minute instead of the zone line to plug

Double kill on some mid 55's, easy kills just shows you that can be wrong place wrong time and get run over

twink 55 rogue vs windstriker ranger

twink SK going head on into group with 2 fungi twinks + 2 casters

Red isn't for everyone, but in a way it works out just fine for bluebies that want pixel if they can deal with getting to 55-60 and join Empire for easy loots(by easy I mean you still have to raid and put in time, loot comes eventually) Honestly though all the characters I have leveled up on red, With the twink griefers you have in certain places, Mine I used mostly to kill other twinks but anyway you can out level them in less then a day to where you are no longer in their pvp range. As I posted before I recently restarted on red, multiple new characters. and I can't say I ran into more then 2 instances of twinks coming to grief, when they did I died once but was bound outside. Logged for 10 minutes came back they were gone, an hour and 3 levels later I was no longer in range to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
Yeah I realize its just a game which is why it was so easy to walk away. I play with a group of IRL friends which is the reason I started playing again. Problem is we are anywhere from level 45-52 which is fine except when someone comes to PK, there is not much we can do to help one another.

Which, I dont mind dying, its whatever. But, when a Wiz logs in ever 20 minutes to levitate over you and just throw 2-3 nukes on you when you are fighting a pull, its annoying. And it's worse if you actually do beat them or scare them off, because then they will just end up training you. Which, you can report but GM help on red is so weak that it takes a week to get them suspended for a few days.

and there is really no true pvp, its either a twink picking off noobs or a 15 minute run and flail followed by someone plugging. What was the last straw was I helped some noob with buffs and gear while I was helping a friend in BB. A week later, I see that same noob in a group and they just run at me with their group and start PKing me, I plugged and havent logged on since haha.

• Locked thread