Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Ensign Expendable posted:

All his party members then nod and agree that he is an impressive wizard indeed and grant him great honours periodically.

Best part is that my friends will actually go along with this if I have the Bluff and Sleight of Hand to make the rolls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squiddite
Apr 15, 2001
Loligo vos omnes odet.
Rebought the Supershing during the sale because surely its armor can't be as frustrating as I recall.

:darksouls:

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Saint Celestine posted:

If you play it properly, E100 is ridiculous. Nothing like bitch-slapping people for 750 and bouncing everything in return. HEAT will go through E100 turret faces, JPZ casemates, anything that you will face frontally. I think i have the best E100 on the NA server too, thats how much I love that giant fascist rolling box.

The E100 is pretty much the only tier 10 tank I find at all fun to use. When things go right for that tank its pretty incredible to drive around blooping people for silly damage.

Plus nailing some shithead in a WTE100 for 1100 damage with a HE shell is good times.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Is the WZ-111 1-4 as awesome as the 110?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

BadLlama posted:

Is the WZ-111 1-4 as awesome as the 110?

It's pretty much an IS-8 with the IS-7 gun and a thicker turret

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.
Mein replay! 6+ dmg in a loss. "Arty human being" was a nice touch.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1870885#sand_river-sodandy-m53_m55

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
I almost, almost want to buy the Pz IV S because it won't be on sale but it would take a 50% sale on t6 premiums to get me to do it. It's just so unappealing even with how much I could use a German medium crew trainer.

Speaking of crew trainers, with the IS-2B I have five Soviet heavy crew trainers. What the hell. Continuing this tangent, is the ISU-122S any good? It looks like an SU-152 someone picked the boring gun for.

The Southern Dandy posted:

Mein replay! 6+ dmg in a loss. "Arty human being" was a nice touch.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1870885#sand_river-sodandy-m53_m55

Nice 404, scrub. Seems you lost at posting too.

sc0tty
Jan 8, 2005

too kewell for school..

Desuwa posted:

I almost, almost want to buy the Pz IV S because it won't be on sale but it would take a 50% sale on t6 premiums to get me to do it. It's just so unappealing even with how much I could use a German medium crew trainer.

Speaking of crew trainers, with the IS-2B I have five Soviet heavy crew trainers. What the hell. Continuing this tangent, is the ISU-122S any good? It looks like an SU-152 someone picked the boring gun for.

Nice 404, scrub. Seems you lost at posting too.

It's a slightly improved SU-152 with the 122S. I think I preferred the 122S over the 152mm because of how lop sided most games were. When my team swept I found I was over-killing targets a lot, and when we were swept I was often killed in between reloads.

Most people also expect the 152mm so it's nice when a dumb Hellcat or Cromwell would see you fire, try and flank you, and let you get 3 or 4 shots at them.

I really enjoyed the SU-152 (pretty much my highest WN8 and W%), so I'm really enjoying the 122S, however I think most people still rate the SU-122-44 as a better premium option because of its mobility. Maybe somebody with both can compare them.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Desuwa posted:

Get a T-25 instead, play it like a sniping heavy.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

Ensign Expendable posted:

The guy that runs Tank and AFV News (also a good tank blog) preordered the new Zaloga book Armoured Champion and there I was. Zaloga actually mentioned "Russian sites" in a recent interview that revealed falsified German kill claims but I never thought he could have been talking about me.

:allears: This owns. Get rekt, wehraboos.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Missing Name posted:

Get a T-25 instead, play it like a sniping heavy.

The T-25 is a highly underrated tank. It plays like the non-Rudy premium T-34-85 (since it doesn't have pref-MM). Only bitch about it is the slow traverse.

Also, it shouldn't be a surprise that the German tank commanders inflated their kills - the best tankers, pilots, and commandos were turned into national heroes and were paid in beer, blowjobs, and women who were told it was their ~national duty~ to gently caress and bear the children of the 'superest' of the Aryan supermen. Pretty sure every infantryman killed 10,000 'Russian Pigs' and every tank crew claimed to have destroyed 'thousands' of Soviet tanks.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 14:38 on May 12, 2015

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Yeah I'd buy the T-25 before the Pz IV S. I don't have the latter, but I think its very low hp/t would drive me insane. The T-25 accelerates very quickly and has a high top speed. Its DPM is respectable and it has decent pen for its tier, but you have to shoot gold for higher tier stuff.

Downsides: bad view range, slow hull and turret traverse, and inaccurate gun/poor handling. It is terrible at knife fighting because it lacks agility.

It's not really a carry tank but it has everything a good player needs to be influential in close games: mobility (in straight lines) and acceptable firepower.

Uranium 235 fucked around with this message at 15:17 on May 12, 2015

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

Uranium 235 posted:

Yeah I'd buy the T-25 before the Pz IV S. I don't have the latter, but I think its very low hp/t would drive me insane. The T-25 accelerates very quickly and has a high top speed. Its DPM is respectable and it has decent pen for its tier, but you have to shoot gold for higher tier stuff.

Downsides: bad view range, slow hull and turret traverse, and inaccurate gun/poor handling. It is terrible at knife fighting because it lacks agility.

It's not really a carry tank but it has everything a good player needs to be influential in close games: mobility (in straight lines) and acceptable firepower.

the difference between the schmalturm and the t-25 is that the schmalturm is junk, while the t-25 is an excellent tank

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
The T-25 has absurd amounts of gun depression and goes pretty fast, so you can be a poor man's Hellcat and get into a very good position early.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Don't buy a schmalturm unless you have a bunch of tourney gold and really even then just ugh. The thing is slow, not well armored, and really does nothing very well. If you want a trainer the 25 is actually quite comfy and has enough HP to get away with a mistake or 2. I personally enjoy the warcrime panther as well which is also miles better than the schmally.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
It is getting an HD model soon though!

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Gettin dat spaced armored in HD.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Soon™

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Don't buy a schmalturm unless you have a bunch of tourney gold and really even then just ugh. The thing is slow, not well armored, and really does nothing very well. If you want a trainer the 25 is actually quite comfy and has enough HP to get away with a mistake or 2. I personally enjoy the warcrime panther as well which is also miles better than the schmally.

I need some of this tourney gold. What sort of commitment/time is necessary? Anyone need some mostly dead weight to fill out a team? I have crews to retrain and I am down to 500-something gold :negative:

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

WayAbvPar posted:

I need some of this tourney gold. What sort of commitment/time is necessary? Anyone need some mostly dead weight to fill out a team? I have crews to retrain and I am down to 500-something gold :negative:
Look for the Skirmishes. Join a decent team and you can walk away with a couple hundred gold a week. Requires about an hour a night to run the matches depending on how the Skirmish is structured. It's where I earn all my gold.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

I've only done two skirmishes lately, but we finished in the top 25% of the group stage both times. Won 4500 gold in the first tourney, and 3000 in the second. Group stage was Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday night starting around 10 pm EST and ending around 11:30 EST. Thursday night was a break, then Friday was the first stage of the playoffs. Assuming you win every round of the playoffs, you play on Friday night, Saturday night, and twice on Sunday night (although each playoff round requires multiple battles).

If you can get on a decent team, you're almost certain to get several thousand gold. But you do have to actually be competent, because the top 25% is pretty competitive. The teams that don't make it to the alpha playoff stage seem to be really bad, in my limited experience.

If you go here you can look at the tournament teams and see their stats and standings: http://wotscout.com/tournaments

This week is Skirmish 18, so check that out to get an idea of what the standings look like. Keep in mind that the standings will probably change a lot after the next two nights, because the first group stage appears to be a random distribution of teams. Each night after that, groups are formed in order of the standings, so group 1 will have the best 8 teams, group 2 will have the next 8, and so forth. At least that's how I think it works. This means that teams who were in easy groups the first night might have inflated win rates and they'll end up getting mopped by truly good teams the second night.

Uranium 235 fucked around with this message at 20:34 on May 12, 2015

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Looking at the top few skirmish 18 teams, I be about average or slightly below average on many of them (judging by overall WN8), so that gives me a bit of hope. Anyone want to organize one for 19?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Add my number of tank mastery badges to my achievements section of job application yes/no?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

WayAbvPar posted:

Looking at the top few skirmish 18 teams, I be about average or slightly below average on many of them (judging by overall WN8), so that gives me a bit of hope. Anyone want to organize one for 19?

Depending on tier and map I'll do Skirmish 19. Some of them aren't really worth doing because of awful setups, I remember one that was only lights and arty on Fisherman's Village. Ugh

In general the best ones are like tier 5-7, imo, because it's low enough that you get infinite piles of shitpubs to pad the numbers out and make it super easy to get top 25%, but it's high enough that you aren't playing the idiocy that is low tiers.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

BadLlama posted:

Add my number of tank mastery badges to my achievements section of job application yes/no?

Only if you're applying to the military. They will make you a tank commander for sure.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

BadLlama posted:

Middle management is all about that WN8. Gotta pad those metrics.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Magres posted:

Depending on tier and map I'll do Skirmish 19. Some of them aren't really worth doing because of awful setups, I remember one that was only lights and arty on Fisherman's Village. Ugh

In general the best ones are like tier 5-7, imo, because it's low enough that you get infinite piles of shitpubs to pad the numbers out and make it super easy to get top 25%, but it's high enough that you aren't playing the idiocy that is low tiers.

19 is Mittengard tier 2 :barf:

quote:

Team Size: 8 combatants + 4 reserves
Map: Mittengard
Mode: Standard
Tier Point Minimum: 8
Tier Point Maximum: 16
Tier Limits:
This represents the max tier allowed. Teams are allowed to bring lower tiers. ​
Light: Tier 2
Medium: Tier 2
Heavy:
TD: Tier 2
SPG: Tier 2
Special restrictions: No more than 3 of each tank model (e.g. T18)

So, I guess that is a miss.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Hell no that sounds amazing :allears:

I love Mittengard

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

WayAbvPar posted:

19 is Mittengard tier 2 :barf:

The Mittani ruins everything :argh:

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Magres posted:

Hell no that sounds amazing :allears:

I love Mittengard

If it was tier 3 I would be a lot more excited to bring my Pak40 to spot everything and get alpha'ed into atomic sludge 5 seconds into the match. What are the good 2s? I don't know if I have any crews worth a poo poo that low.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

WayAbvPar posted:

If it was tier 3 I would be a lot more excited to bring my Pak40 to spot everything and get alpha'ed into atomic sludge 5 seconds into the match. What are the good 2s? I don't know if I have any crews worth a poo poo that low.
T7 Combat Car seems to be pretty stupid these days.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

WayAbvPar posted:

What are the good 2s? I don't know if I have any crews worth a poo poo that low.

T2 Light Tank :dukedog:

Video evidence: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsIA7VrcFXw

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

If the premiums are useful then I would have a lot more luck finding a good crew to use, that is for goddamn sure.

How many of you catasses have finished the TOG mission already? I am pretty close to 300 kills in platoons for the month, and i know there are people farther along than I am.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

WayAbvPar posted:

If the premiums are useful then I would have a lot more luck finding a good crew to use, that is for goddamn sure.

How many of you catasses have finished the TOG mission already? I am pretty close to 300 kills in platoons for the month, and i know there are people farther along than I am.
I forgot that was even going on after I snagged the SU-100Y and Tetrarch.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Why would anyone ever want a tog

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

I will take any free premium. I am not proud.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Salean posted:

The important questions.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

WayAbvPar posted:

I will take any free premium. I am not proud.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Salean posted:

so that you can sell it for credits obv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

You own TOGs so when you complete missions for free togs you get free gold instead.