Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

I love how you spergs all talk about the giantbomb people like you're best mates sitting around a poker table. Haha, the jeffdawg and I just chillin' and chattin' bout the latest shooters, chowing a 'za.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Prawned posted:

Haha, the jeffdawg and I just chillin' and chattin' bout the latest shooters, chowing a 'za.

This sentence made me feel old.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

GrossMurpel posted:

But the downgrade! And overleveling! And bad menus!

Take that poo poo to Neogaf brah.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Norns posted:

Take that poo poo to Neogaf brah.

Just trying to get him to not break his preorder rule brah. :)

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Prawned posted:

I love how you spergs all talk about the giantbomb people like you're best mates sitting around a poker table. Haha, the jeffdawg and I just chillin' and chattin' bout the latest shooters, chowing a 'za.

idk poo poo about giant bomb and have no idea why everyone always mentions them, though whenever I check a review from there it's always something by jeff gerstmann and he hated whatever it was, dude seems jaded as gently caress

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Did you guys read the ToS when you installed Witcher 3? You might want to......here is a link:

http://pastebin.com/NMH2DaPu

:)

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
The only issue I got with the game? I don't have it right now to play.

As for Jeff, the guy is very jaded with gaming right now and basically seems to enjoy easy to pick up and play stuff that doesn't require a lot of time or effort.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Prawned posted:

Hahaha. I love this.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Yeah. Goons aren't jaded or anything.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Norns posted:

Yeah. Goons aren't jaded or anything.

Of course not.

Everyone knows we constantly fluff our mustaches and clean our top hats.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Prawned posted:

This made me lol for sure.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

turtlecrunch posted:

^ Just looks like a bit of sword paintball to me, not completely red, though I don't know what someone is supposed to look like when taking a sword blow to the chest.

This is what he means

(Excuse the lovely YouTube screen grab)

This guy was wearing all beige before being beheaded.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Witcher ToS posted:

c. create, distribute or use any cheats or exploits on the Game

Haha, this is a joke like how you aren't allowed to use adobe to create nuclear weapons and stuff right?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Drifter posted:

Hahaha. I love this.

Hey Drifter I did it! I sold that old graphics card for a tidy $425. More than makes up for my upgrades + 2 free games. May is the greatest month. Now I just need to fix my OS...

Mr. Hand
Apr 28, 2015

by Cowcaster
Hard to get excited about new releases with a huge backlog.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

iGestalt posted:

About time Ultima 9 got a reboot.
Oh my god, you can not just throw that out there. Gonna need a nostalgia warning for that.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Spikeguy posted:

Hey Drifter I did it! I sold that old graphics card for a tidy $425. More than makes up for my upgrades + 2 free games. May is the greatest month. Now I just need to fix my OS...

Holy poo poo, congratulations. Haha, Jesus. I can't believe you MADE money selling it. If only I were rich enough to buy a 970. I have a 760 from a year ago and just gotta stick with it for the next long while.

:argh:

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

ufarn posted:

Oh my god, you can not just throw that out there. Gonna need a nostalgia warning for that.

I think the game feels like Ultima 7 in a lot of ways, actually. Mostly in the exploration gameplay.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Drifter posted:

Holy poo poo, congratulations. Haha, Jesus. I can't believe you MADE money selling it. If only I were rich enough to buy a 970. I have a 760 from a year ago and just gotta stick with it for the next long while.

:argh:

I believe in you sir. You're a champion!

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
CDProjekt said there'll be a bunch of mostly cosmetic free DLCs coming out after release, right? Will probably have to install Galaxy so I don't have to check my GOG library every day for new DLC.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

GrossMurpel posted:

CDProjekt said there'll be a bunch of mostly cosmetic free DLCs coming out after release, right? Will probably have to install Galaxy so I don't have to check my GOG library every day for new DLC.

Mostly cosmetic but also a few quests, one of which is mine (I think it's awesome).

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

Mostly cosmetic but also a few quests, one of which is mine (I think it's awesome).

It better fuckin be bitch, or there'll be hell to pay.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Geralt's dong will only be in the expansion pack though, right? I mean that's why it's called an expansion.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

is it worth buying a PC to play this over playing it on a PS4?

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

beer_war posted:

RE: Giantbomb

Still holding out for a PC review.

Apparently the final PC build for reviews went out late or is still under embargo, but yeah the rumor mill has it that it's a little crashy and you better buy a 360 controller to play this, seriously.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Someone was just streaming a French version of witcher 3 on twitch. I could never get in to tw2, mainly because of the kb+m layout and the confusing interface. As a total newcomer to the series, it's also a little daunting to understand all of the terminology for symbols and attacks and such. After reading kotaku's review of TW3, and seeing a few minutes of this stream, I'm going to have to play this.

What's the easiest way to understand the main just of what's going on, and not feel completely overwhelmed in the first act of the story?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

sauer kraut posted:

Apparently the final PC build for reviews went out late or is still under embargo, but yeah the rumor mill has it that it's a little crashy and you better buy a 360 controller to play this, seriously.

As per the controller thing: I've done three playthroughs of W2, the first two were with a keyboard and mouse, and third, which I just finished was with a controller. I'm now a believer that the controller is simply superior.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Blind Rasputin posted:

What's the easiest way to understand the main just of what's going on, and not feel completely overwhelmed in the first act of the story?
You're a mutant monster hunter and you go around killing monsters, dealing with the gently caress huge empire in the south who's invaded the kingdoms in the north that you live in, and trying to save your old girlfriend from an army of ghostly skeletons on horseback.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Blind Rasputin posted:

I could never get in to tw2, mainly because of the kb+m layout

:confused:

So use a controller?

It's worth playing Witcher 2, just because it's a fantastic game.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Using the controller with Witcher 2 worked great, but I remember the radial menu not working like a radial menu should. Instead of pointing the stick directly at what I wanted to select I had to move the stick up and down to select the sign I wanted.

Mr Shiny Pants
Nov 12, 2012
I got Far Cry 4 for the PC which I play with a controller. :) It is nice sitting on the couch in front of a huge TV and have aim assist in it.

Well my 660GTX was not up to the task of running it on ultra so I upgraded to a 980GTX. It runs really, really well now.

The fun part is that I was looking for more PC games to play with a controller and the Witcher was recommended.

Luck would have it that the Witcher 3 comes with the card and hearing that it plays really well on a controller is just gravy.

There goes my spare time......

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Wiseblood posted:

Using the controller with Witcher 2 worked great, but I remember the radial menu not working like a radial menu should. Instead of pointing the stick directly at what I wanted to select I had to move the stick up and down to select the sign I wanted.

I don't recall, because I used voice commands for signs. Which is, btw, basically the best thing ever. Screaming out signs and having them used while your hands focus on regular combat mechanics made the fighting system much better (and made signs feel worthwhile, given that they are typically viewed as weaker in Witcher 2).

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Man, I LOVE the m/kb controls of witcher 2 and most any other game. I couldn't imagine playing it with a controller. I own a PS3 and m/kb is still my preferred method. I'll play Devil May Cry and poo poo with a controller, but Witcher? Nah.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Man, the reviews are positively glowing. My preorder was set in stone months ago but it's nice to know that my trust wasn't in vain. Looking forward to playing next week.

Drifter posted:

Man, I LOVE the m/kb controls of witcher 2 and most any other game. I couldn't imagine playing it with a controller. I own a PS3 and m/kb is still my preferred method. I'll play Devil May Cry and poo poo with a controller, but Witcher? Nah.

If the Dualshock 3 is your go-to controller, perhaps that is why you don't like playing with one. The DS3 is rear end, get a DS4 or an xbox controller.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
My favorite controller bug on TW2 on the PC was that the camera would spin around Geralt after entering doors. That never got fixed. It's going to be weird playing 3 now...

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Manatee Cannon posted:

Man, the reviews are positively glowing. My preorder was set in stone months ago but it's nice to know that my trust wasn't in vain. Looking forward to playing next week.

If the Dualshock 3 is your go-to controller, perhaps that is why you don't like playing with one. The DS3 is rear end, get a DS4 or an xbox controller.

Meh, I just prefer how the mouse controls the camera. I'm not a stick guy.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

shrike82 posted:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Still, you should at least try the other controllers I mentioned because the sticks on the DS3 are really loose and bad. So are the triggers. It's fine for 2D stuff and fighters because the d-pad is good but not for games like The Witcher. I got used to it eventually but it's a definite downgrade compared to your other options.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

shrike82 posted:

Not really unless you have a chunk of money to burn on a top end gaming rig.
PC comes with other benefits like ultra cheap Steam games of course, if you need to waste 100's of hours of your life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

I think the game feels like Ultima 7 in a lot of ways, actually. Mostly in the exploration gameplay.

This right here makes me more excited than anything else posted so far. Ultima 7 is one of the best games ever made and so few other games try to do what it did.

• Locked thread