Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
Joined a couple of races via the steam group this evening, surprisingly easy to do!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

When I have some time to organize, would anyone be interested in doing a "season" of supercarts? If we got enough people I'd look at doing some kind of steam prizes or something.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Norns posted:

When I have some time to organize, would anyone be interested in doing a "season" of supercarts? If we got enough people I'd look at doing some kind of steam prizes or something.

hi there.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I've had this game since Thursday and I just now started career mode. Up to this point I was just hotlapping and dialing in settings. These karts are fun.

I have a question about fuel load for racing. I know I should bring it down but in career mode (at least with the karts) there's no practice session so I don't know how much fuel I use per lap. I've been taking it down to 2l and that's been fine, but am I missing some place where I can set it to use optimum fuel load for the race automatically or do I need to do the math myself?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Ps4 dudes: is this performing adequately? I am wanting to want this.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I would like to play the definitive version of this game on the Ford Fusion of consoles, the XBox One. How much more excellent is it than the other versions?

SanitysEdge
Jul 28, 2005

GutBomb posted:

I've had this game since Thursday and I just now started career mode. Up to this point I was just hotlapping and dialing in settings. These karts are fun.

I have a question about fuel load for racing. I know I should bring it down but in career mode (at least with the karts) there's no practice session so I don't know how much fuel I use per lap. I've been taking it down to 2l and that's been fine, but am I missing some place where I can set it to use optimum fuel load for the race automatically or do I need to do the math myself?

Theres a free practice mode if you back out of career mode, if you know how many laps you are going to run you can go run the laps in free practice first.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

SanitysEdge posted:

Theres a free practice mode if you back out of career mode, if you know how many laps you are going to run you can go run the laps in free practice first.

In other series in the career mode there are practice sessions and qualifying, right? It's just the kart sites that don't have those?

TheScott2K posted:

I would like to play the definitive version of this game on the Ford Fusion of consoles, the XBox One. How much more excellent is it than the other versions?

It's the most graphically crippled version there is, but it still looks great. Just not as great as ps4 which isn't as great as PC on max settings.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 00:04 on May 13, 2015

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Feenix posted:

Ps4 dudes: is this performing adequately? I am wanting to want this.

Yes. Just because the game lets you run a 45 car field in a thunderstorm doesn't mean you should, though. SMS is giving players enough rope to hang themselves with is how I see it.

Ran a 20 car race in the rain and it was very smooth.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

TheScott2K posted:

It's so good, it shuns 1080p. It's too cool for such uppity, 1-percenter resolutions. Besides, pixel-graphics are super popular right now, so lower res is always better, right!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

holocaust bloopers posted:

Yes. Just because the game lets you run a 45 car field in a thunderstorm doesn't mean you should, though. SMS is giving players enough rope to hang themselves with is how I see it.

Ran a 20 car race in the rain and it was very smooth.

Yeah I mean as long as the career races don't FORCE 45 cars on you, I'll choose it when I'm feeling spicy, if I wish...

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm finding that I enjoy the Quick Race Weekend more then any other mode. I like that I can tailor a race however I want, so it always fits my mood at that moment, as opposed to career where i'm stuck with what I got.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Feenix posted:

Yeah I mean as long as the career races don't FORCE 45 cars on you, I'll choose it when I'm feeling spicy, if I wish...

They don't. Ya oughta be fine.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Has anyone on PS4 (or xbone for that matter) picked up this adapter that allegedly makes lots of wheels (G27, Driving Force GT, etc) work?

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

Essobie posted:

Or you can just push in the clutch before your car dies. It's just like real life!

By the way, my G27's H shifter worked with default bindings out of the box (PC). I'm also impressed that you can hot swap between using paddles and the H shifter mid-race without having to go change it in the options.

Why don't all racing sims do this?

Same here - worked fine out of the box. That feature with changing between paddle and shifter is awesome as well. At least with the superkarts on rolling starts (probably with others as well, but I haven't gotten that far yet), stick the H-Shifter into second and take off better at the start as the paddles start you in first then go back to the paddles.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

When these devices existed for Xbox 360, they didnt support a lot of important features with any wheels, namely force feedback was disabled. They also just trick your wheel into believing its a gamepad, so you dont get the full 900 degrees that a racing wheel really needs in order to be effective. You're just using a glorified gamepad really.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Yeah I tried one of those on the xbone (different brand) and it was terrible.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Things I've learned today: Just because there's no limit on what to drive on what track doesn't mean it's a good idea. Case in point, the Ford MkIV on Imola. I'm almost positive the Ford's got... not-as-tight steering.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

lotus 49 is effective in all orientations

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Lotus 49 is one of my favorite cars of all time. I'm pretty sure i'd legit gently caress one if I saw it irl.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'm really excited for the Bentley GT3.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

holocaust bloopers posted:

I almost did get irrationally angry at the "NOT ALL REQUIRED BUTTONS HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED PLEASE ASSIGN ALL REQUIRED BUTTONS" prompt

Sorry I don't use the hand brake or look back feature.

Me too, at least loving HIGHLIGHT the loving controls that are REQUIRED. What the gently caress.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
The thing I hate the most about setting up controllers on the PC, and many, many games are guilty of this, not just PCars, is listing the buttons as "Button 1" or "Button 2".

WHAT THE gently caress DOES THAT MEAN?! Uhhh, okay, I think this is Button 1.... nope, that was Button 3, and now the thing Button 3 was bound too is now unbound. Okay.... let's try.... this one.... *sigh* nope. If you've already gone to the trouble of having an exact image of the controller I'm using in-game, then how about labeling the buttons as they're labelled on the controller. Or even having a sort of interactive overlay on the image of the controller, so I know what I'm binding. It's even worse with HOTAS game, where you have 25 buttons to bind, and no idea which button is numbered as what.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

ethanol posted:

please put a helmet on

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
So something that I've noticed, can you not have different cars in races? Every video I see has all of the same exact car it seems like?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Mr. Crow posted:

So something that I've noticed, can you not have different cars in races? Every video I see has all of the same exact car it seems like?

It's an option.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

The thing I hate the most about setting up controllers on the PC, and many, many games are guilty of this, not just PCars, is listing the buttons as "Button 1" or "Button 2".

WHAT THE gently caress DOES THAT MEAN?! Uhhh, okay, I think this is Button 1.... nope, that was Button 3, and now the thing Button 3 was bound too is now unbound. Okay.... let's try.... this one.... *sigh* nope. If you've already gone to the trouble of having an exact image of the controller I'm using in-game, then how about labeling the buttons as they're labelled on the controller. Or even having a sort of interactive overlay on the image of the controller, so I know what I'm binding. It's even worse with HOTAS game, where you have 25 buttons to bind, and no idea which button is numbered as what.

Print a button diagram for your controller.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
e: Moved to SA-Mart

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 03:04 on May 13, 2015

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

ethanol posted:

How do I get my UI to look like this?

I cant get the Lite Speedometer to show up with the map instead of the dumb looking dashboard one.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Do they seriously not have Xbox controller button prompts on the PC version of this? I remember thinking that was so dumb in the Shift games.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Someone mentioned using the helmet camera angle but turning off the actual helmet blocking the view. Anyone know how this is done? Or did I misunderstand the post and this isn't possible? I saw some FOV options but that was really all.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Athanatos posted:

How do I get my UI to look like this?

I cant get the Lite Speedometer to show up with the map instead of the dumb looking dashboard one.

Cockpit or helmet view has this ui.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

explosivo posted:

Someone mentioned using the helmet camera angle but turning off the actual helmet blocking the view. Anyone know how this is done? Or did I misunderstand the post and this isn't possible? I saw some FOV options but that was really all.

It's under camera > movment > show helmet.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Norns posted:

It's under camera > movment > show helmet.

Movement! :doh:

Thanks!

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Oh god, after playing GT games the sounds in this game are so loving good.

What exactly is speed sensitivity in the options?

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

Lyer posted:

Oh god, after playing GT games the sounds in this game are so loving good.

What exactly is speed sensitivity in the options?
The faster you go, the lower your steering sensitivity. Increasing this value affects how much your steering sensitivity is lowered while going fast.

Allows you to make finer adjustments while bombing down a straight at max speed without accidentally putting yourself in a wall because you accidentally tweaked your analog stick a couple of millimetres too far.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

So the lower the sensitivity the more minute adjustments I can make while going at high speeds? Or vice-versa?

EVVVVV: Whelp going from 0-100 helped me figure it out, it's pretty funny to see the difference hah.

Lyer fucked around with this message at 03:39 on May 13, 2015

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

Lyer posted:

So the lower the sensitivity the more minute adjustments I can make while going at high speeds? Or vice-versa?
The lower your steering sensitivity, the more minute adjustments you can make at any time.
The higher your speed sensitivity, the more minute adjustments you can make at high speed.

Sounds kind of backwards now that I think about it.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Hell yeah! I think I'm getting happier with my Xbox Controller settings and am starting to like this more and more. Still a touch twitchy, but I'm not putting it in the walls with all assists off anymore. Only tested with touring cars, but getting happier all the time.

I have a feeling I'm going to double dip in this eventually on the PC (onceI make sure I can run it)

pvax fucked around with this message at 03:53 on May 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

So near as I can tell, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but when you set assists to "Real" which ostensibly allows you to use them if they're in the real car, it dosent actually let you turn them on and off because when I hit the buttons I bound for them I can not see any difference before or after but when I go into the options and force them off then everything definately feels different.

• Locked thread