Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE

Branis posted:

if dude followed you 19 miles into another state for 14 over holy poo poo. What could possibly take him that long to catch up?

You've never seen our traffic have you. Put it this way when he flipped on the lights i was no longer moveing and he was probably in the same poo poo.

Ill go to cort with it since you guys think it would be prudent

EDIT wait a minute he's a cop the traffic has to move for you guys. Maybey he clocked me in Brthesda and decided to ignore me but happend upon me again on his way somewhere else

AcidRonin fucked around with this message at 17:34 on May 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
A ticket for 14 over on a freeway? You live in a fascist police state. That's the most brutal thing I've seen American cops do in months.

gently caress the police

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Who better to enforce the will of a police state than the state police! :pseudo:

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

A ticket for 14 over on a freeway? You live in a fascist police state. That's the most brutal thing I've seen American cops do in months.

gently caress the police

When did you move to Baltimore?

http://www.newser.com/story/206508/baltimore-cop-charged-with-biting-guys-testicles.html

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

AcidRonin posted:

EDIT wait a minute he's a cop the traffic has to move for you guys. Maybey he clocked me in Brthesda and decided to ignore me but happend upon me again on his way somewhere else

Having your overheads on does not help if theres nowhere for the traffic to move to in order to let you pass. I've driven the beltway a few times at rush hour and thats definitely the case. Pray you never need an ambulance in the middle of that poo poo. In fact, just take the train or GTFO.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Kiryen posted:

Having your overheads on does not help if theres nowhere for the traffic to move to in order to let you pass. I've driven the beltway a few times at rush hour and thats definitely the case. Pray you never need an ambulance in the middle of that poo poo. In fact, just take the train or GTFO.

The train that constantly breaks down and fills the tunnels with smoke? :nallears:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

AcidRonin posted:

Actually it does look kinda green in this photo

that looks black and olive to me :shrug:

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Whip Slagcheek posted:

The train that constantly breaks down and fills the tunnels with smoke? :nallears:

You still use steam locomotives in D.C.?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Someone felt their autism sense tingle ^^^

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Booblord Zagats posted:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Booblord Zagats posted:

Trigger warning: train autism In these pix

Whip Slagcheek fucked around with this message at 21:42 on May 12, 2015

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

psshhh, that's nothing. I subscribe to Train Autism magazine.

somewhatpathetic
Oct 21, 2012
Did they ever figure out why that happened? All I remember was getting lectured by one of the red line operators over the intercom about how we should never go in the tunnel that day, I never followed up on it.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

somewhatpathetic posted:

Did they ever figure out why that happened? All I remember was getting lectured by one of the red line operators over the intercom about how we should never go in the tunnel that day, I never followed up on it.

Water got onto the third line and caused it to arc.

I'm sure Kiryen will be in shortly to explain more than you've ever wanted to know.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Water got onto the third line and caused it to arc.

I'm sure Kiryen will be in shortly to explain more than you've ever wanted to know.

I don't actually know poo poo about DC metro trains.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

AcidRonin posted:

Actually it does look kinda green in this photo

baby poo poo brown

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Question, for the cops that post in here:

Which one of you is this? :v: I'd guess Whip, but I don't think he's in Maryland, is he?

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Captain Bravo posted:

Which one of you is this? :v: I'd guess Whip, but I don't think he's in Maryland, is he?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Captain Bravo posted:

I'm everywhere, bitch. :unsmigghh:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

An accurate representation of that guy's testicles by the end of the night.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

This is the correct answer.

somewhatpathetic
Oct 21, 2012

Captain Bravo posted:

Ha! I got told about this by my fiance's friend on Monday! Apparently she knows the bite-tee.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I have the option of getting POST certified without paying for it, should I do it?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Equine Don posted:

I have the option of getting POST certified without paying for it, should I do it?

What's the job offer once you finish?

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
Never hurts to get it if you aren't on the hook for anything. Definitely will give you job options. What state?

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Branis posted:

Never hurts to get it if you aren't on the hook for anything. Definitely will give you job options. What state?

Missouri. The city is hiring 160 more officers and I figured walking in fully qualified instead having to wait for an academy class would put me ahead.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
As long as it's a department that would accept the certification, and not one that wants you to obtain their specific training certification. Some places make you go through their own academy no matter what training you come with. If it's the former, it would probably be beneficial.

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013
Are there any cops here that do some form of martial arts? Been working as a bouncer for about a year now and I've been doing judo & grappling for ten years, couldn't even think about doing that job without that sport experience.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

ManOfTheYear posted:

Are there any cops here that do some form of martial arts? Been working as a bouncer for about a year now and I've been doing judo & grappling for ten years, couldn't even think about doing that job without that sport experience.

Pretty sure Whale Cancer does some judo.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

ManOfTheYear posted:

Couple of the guys I work with do krav maga or whatever the gently caress it's called. Although they always seem to be hurting themselves and taking time off.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

I just use my gun

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
A guy from a neighboring agency owns an MMA gym, he coaches and referees some if the local fights. Lately he's been coming to us to do some pretty basic ground fighting stuff and it's pretty cool. Some of the techniques definitely could have helped me out a few times in the past.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

ManOfTheYear posted:

I work with guys who are really serious about a couple of different martial arts, including a dude who is a prominent boxing coach in our area. They're good to have around, but martial arts are only part of the whole spectrum of dealing with people. I'd rather have a guy with a silver tongue and limited martial arts experience, because it limits the possibility of me getting punched in the face and having to punch someone else in the face. I can think of a few guys who are tough as hell and amazing fighters but my skin crawls when I work with them because they have such a short fuse.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

It's weird. All of the guys in my department that I know that can fight (do mma or martial arts) always have an APO. Like once a month at least. Also short officers. Holy poo poo never mess with a short officer because they'll immediately escalate poo poo.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
I should add to clarify that there's a sweet spot for martial arts prowess in policing. The guys who take it really seriously also seem to be really zen and chilled out, but the guys who take it semi-seriously but talk about it all the time are also the guys who are the most dangerous to work with. Same thing with guns.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

DrakeriderCa posted:

I should add to clarify that there's a sweet spot for martial arts prowess in policing. The guys who take it really seriously also seem to be really zen and chilled out, but the guys who take it semi-seriously but talk about it all the time are also the guys who are the most dangerous to work with. Same thing with guns.

JiimyPopAli
Oct 5, 2009

DrakeriderCa posted:

I work with guys who are really serious about a couple of different martial arts, including a dude who is a prominent boxing coach in our area. They're good to have around, but martial arts are only part of the whole spectrum of dealing with people. I'd rather have a guy with a silver tongue and limited martial arts experience, because it limits the possibility of me getting punched in the face and having to punch someone else in the face. I can think of a few guys who are tough as hell and amazing fighters but my skin crawls when I work with them because they have such a short fuse.

I would always rather work with someone who is good at talking to people on their level (whatever that level is) vs. someone good in any martial art.

Anyone that I've met that is heavy into martial arts when they get on the job ends up teaching use of force. Everyone that teaches use of force is pretty heavy into it, where I work. That's not such a bad thing, they usually realize that fancy holds etc. that only work when you practice them on a regular basis don't mean anything and the simplest solution to a problem is always the one that works on the road.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

DrakeriderCa posted:

:agreed:

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

I competed in judo and jiujitsu for about 15 years. I find judo is a good to be pretty practical in police work. I'm not a very big guy, I'm 5'9 and 180 lbs and I love throwing the poo poo of people that have 100 lbs on me. Verbal skills are by far the most important thing to learn though. I absolutely love to fight but I'll do everything I can to talk my way out of it first though.... Well most of the time at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
Joint lock on elbow + swift tug towards ground = 99% success rate. The last 1% you tackle and hard hands the rib cage.

• Locked thread