Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

quote:

VRISKA: Victory will depend on following my plan to the letter!

oh ffs Vriska you should know better than to make a statement like this.

...they're all going to die. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
No plan survives contact with the enemy anyway.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Zoe posted:

...they're all going to die. :(

Again.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I don't know why she's assuming the various enemies will fight completely independently rather than as a group. From an RPG point of view, aren't they wildly under-healered? Jane can bring people back from the dead once.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
It's weird to see all these kids actually understand what's going on for a change.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Omnomnomnivore posted:

It's weird to see all these kids actually understand what's going on for a change.

That's how you know it's the climax!

Man, Rosesprite is so keen to not be important.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Karkat needs to go to the RoboJack party.

The Mayor needs to go to DogJack party.

This is where they are needed most.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I don't know why she's assuming the various enemies will fight completely independently rather than as a group. From an RPG point of view, aren't they wildly under-healered? Jane can bring people back from the dead once.

Well, I don't think there's any reason to assume the Jacks and Condesce are working together. I mean, we know HIC is playing the long game for herself, Lord Jack is probs aligned with English, Robo Jack is probs out for himself, ditto for Bec Noir. These guys are probably all opposed, and I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the Jacks be the one to take down HIC.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Hasn't Vriska reversed strategy and tactics?

VRISKA: Since that pretty thoroughly covers the full tactical situ8tion, we can move on to the real strategizing.

Strategy is the long-term high-level plan, like "Fight each Jack separately". Tactics is "Right, Jake lie down in front of RoboJack and Tavrosprite push him so he trips."

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Jane can presumably do standard healing as well, not just revives.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Nephthys posted:

Jane can presumably do standard healing as well, not just revives.

She is maid of life, after all.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Notice how she openly declares that she only cares about the power level and fighting abilities of their adversaries, and not on their origins and backgrouds, which could for all the kids know contain the key to easily defeat said adversaries.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle."

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Vriska is making the exact same loving mistake with HIC e: and robojack that she made with her Denizen, imo.

Shoot first, ask questions later. In fact, don't ask questions, just shoot.

e: Also, WHERE exactly did she get the intel from? She just sort of glossed over that.

Also also, fully expecting this to all be a cunning distraction so she can do whatever the gently caress it is she wants to do. Hence keeping Jade out of the fight - So she can't sniff her out and teleport to her.

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 01:19 on May 13, 2015

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

Well, I don't think there's any reason to assume the Jacks and Condesce are working together. I mean, we know HIC is playing the long game for herself, Lord Jack is probs aligned with English, Robo Jack is probs out for himself, ditto for Bec Noir. These guys are probably all opposed, and I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the Jacks be the one to take down HIC.
If Vriska could manipul8 them, so could HIC, unless she's significantly distracted. Hopefully her lusus isn't around to give an untimely glub. It's not like they're under the aegis of a thousand angry psychic robot ghosts.

edit: vvv

WAR FOOT posted:

Vriska is making the exact same loving mistake with HIC that she made with her Denizen, imo.

Oh poo poo. This.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Omnomnomnivore posted:

This is the first fully lucid description of what is about to happen we've had...for ever?

Which means, of course, that it isn't really going to happen.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Sounds like she means to separate and meet them prior to that. Thats the whole idea.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

To expand... She even said she was surprised Condy acted the way she did, right?

Doesn't that warrant further investigation at least?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

KoB posted:

Sounds like she means to separate and meet them prior to that. Thats the whole idea.

I'm laughing at how we have two seers here but neither of them can do anything compared to vriska

Isn't this literally what their class is designed around

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I hope this plan unfolds disastrously and then John has to undo it.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Plom Bar posted:

Remember one of the golden rules of building tension: a given plan's probability of success is directly negatively correlated to how much the audience knows about it.

I hate it when I'm right.

Magner
Oct 21, 2010
Gonna be honest, I've completely forgotten how Spades Slick/Robo Jack got to this session.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
^^^ I'll be honest. I don't remember how ANY of the Jacks came into being except DogJack1/Bec Noir.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

On top of that, Vriska is assigning her to deal with the God Tiers as well, which is redundant. So long as nothing done is Heroic, they could be okay (and fighting evil is not necessarily Heroic. If Dave were to ignore a Jack running John through, and was subsequently stabbed by RoboJack, it would, presumably, not be Heroic nor Just.)

Not to mention she seems to be acting on second-hand knowledge. We know in the Game Over universe that Dave took on both DogJacks and held his own until he was stabbed. If he's not defending his friend, his death might get rolled as neither. If he's fighting ONE Jack, he has a fairly good chance. Vriska is vastly upplaying the First Guardian powers at this point (which seem to amount to "can fly, teleport, and is tough".)

I still maintain that First Guardians are not more powerful than a fully ranked God Tier (of which John most certainly is. He and Jade had nothing better to do but grind levels). It would be silly to assume that a Guardian of a world is stronger than the God of that universe.

Grapplejack posted:

I'm laughing at how we have two seers here but neither of them can do anything compared to vriska

Well Vriska steals Light, so it's very possible Rose simply has no loving idea (Because Vriska is the type to keep her allies from finding out she's totally loving wrong because she "knows" she's not), and Terezi might have seen something terrible happens to Vriska and she doesn't want her last memories of her Scourge Sister being "gently caress YOU TH4T PL4N 1S FUCK1NG STUPID 4ND 1T'LL K1LL US 4LL!"

Classtoise fucked around with this message at 01:24 on May 13, 2015

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Arsenic Lupin posted:

In final fantasy RPG terms, she probably only gets one Phoenix Down per person, but she probably has lots and lots of Cure. So as long as you keep moving her around, picking people back up before they exhale their last breath, they've got a chance. Tavros might be a healing class, too, but this is just speculation. The problem is instant-kill abilities that don't leave a body, like yellow-blood eye beams. Hope everyone's really good at dodging!

The bigger problem is that the group doesn't really have much in the way of tanks. People who can take a big hit and keep standing. John can dodge really well with his turn-to-air ability, but that does nothing to protect the people behind him. Dirk and Dave, as sword fighters, are probably better than average at getting in close and distracting the enemy from going after the DPS, but aren't any tougher than the group on average. The sburb RPG system does not seem to lend itself to a class with huge amounts of armor. (Unless Karkat is finally going to leverage Knight of Blood powers and bust out a huge Steven Universe -style shield)

Classtoise posted:

I still maintain that First Guardians are not more powerful than a fully ranked God Tier (of which John most certainly is. He and Jade had nothing better to do but grind levels)

One of the dialogues during the three-year travel span was that as soon as they left the session, the RPG elements of the planets essentially 'shut down' until they got to the new session. The Denizens went back to sleep and refused to be roused, etc. The game seems to discourage power-grinding.

Akett posted:

I think if Vriska does take Gamzee's role in raising the cherubs like is being hinted at, and Calliope predominates early like is also being hinted at/has been confirmed to happen at some point because there are people who have met that Calliope, then I think Vriska's going to be responsible for the predomination in a horrible way. It kind of fits for Vriska to gently caress something up trying to help things along.

The doomed-timeline Calliope that dominated implied she never had any IM-client friends. It would definitely be Vriska's style to underestimate the Power of Friendship, and thus not set up the cross-dimensional chat clients for them.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 01:23 on May 13, 2015

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

Bongo Bill posted:

I hope this plan unfolds disastrously and then John has to undo it.
I suspect the plan seems to go well but certain aspects Vriska overlooks end up undermining their entire effort after which John has to retcon.

Also, it's possible Vriska's plan was vetted by the Seers. Terezi should at least be able to see what the consequences would be.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Magner posted:

Gonna be honest, I've completely forgotten how Spades Slick/Robo Jack got to this session.

After being nursed back to health by Hussie behind the fifth wall, he jacked Lord English's staff, acquired the Felt, and just happened to leave the area within flying distance of the session.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

To expand a bit more: We know Condy aims to rebuild the troll race, something she can't do without other trolls, and Roxy. This goal is shared by Kanaya, though she doesn't know Roxy can make a new Matriorb. She's been shown to be receptive enough to Roxy's pesterings, and had some sort of 'plan' of her own (admittedly full of glitter). The only time she really engaged with wholesale combat was when all the trolls sans Aranea and Terezi were dead; likely not enough for her repopulation scheme.

God, I hope at least Roxy has the good sense to shoot her a message, if only because getting a Meenah/Roxy log at this point would be incredible.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

WAR FOOT posted:

To expand a bit more: We know Condy aims to rebuild the troll race, something she can't do without other trolls, and Roxy. This goal is shared by Kanaya, though she doesn't know Roxy can make a new Matriorb. She's been shown to be receptive enough to Roxy's pesterings, and had some sort of 'plan' of her own (admittedly full of glitter). The only time she really engaged with wholesale combat was when all the trolls sans Aranea and Terezi were dead; likely not enough for her repopulation scheme.

God, I hope at least Roxy has the good sense to shoot her a message, if only because getting a Meenah/Roxy log at this point would be incredible.

Oh god, I can see it now. Pages and pages of water/fish puns being thrown out followed by Roxy's (lmao)

"Beach, water you on about?"
"(lmao)"
:allears:

That said, yeah Condy is the biggest question mark. Vriska wants to kill her rear end dead and refuses to see her as anything other than a force to be reckoned with in the most straight forward way. That, and Vriska's "I am so totally immune to this mind control" leads me to believe poo poo is gonna go down and it won't be three sides.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Talking of the group's lack of tanks, you know what I want to have happen? Karkat to step up. He's a Knight class, they should be good at defense, theoretically. And Blood is associated with leadership / friendship / bonds of battle, so you'd imagine that Karkat would be most powerful when defending others, which is basically the definition of a tank.

Hell, defense through the power of friendship? Give Karkat a Steven Universe -style summonable energy shield!

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

gross

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Bobulus posted:

Talking of the group's lack of tanks, you know what I want to have happen? Karkat to step up. He's a Knight class, they should be good at defense, theoretically. And Blood is associated with leadership / friendship / bonds of battle, so you'd imagine that Karkat would be most powerful when defending others, which is basically the definition of a tank.

Hell, defense through the power of friendship? Give Karkat a Steven Universe -style summonable energy shield!

Karkat can just get stabbed millions of times and stay standing. No one knows why. Pools of cherry blood everywhere.

The Jack's just can't stop stabbing him.

Karkat isn't even all that mad about it. For Karkat.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Trolls are just hella durable. They're like blood piñatas.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Grapplejack posted:

Didn't Vriska discuss strategy with Terezi and Rose though?

Also Vriska is frankly the best gamer here by a longshot and is probably the best for knowing how to deal with a boss-rush. But I think Rose is probably gonna weigh in on the next part a lot, the plan isn't over yet.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 01:57 on May 13, 2015

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Seen here, a video representation of Vriska's planning session and the immediate aftermath:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hooKVstzbz0

(That video is just hit it's ten year anniversary, btw!)

Two Inch Bee
Apr 17, 2003
Damn you, Lyle, and damn your style.

Bell_ posted:

I suspect the plan seems to go well but certain aspects Vriska overlooks end up undermining their entire effort

I don't know if this'll come up, but it seems foolish to assume that only Jane will be using the portals. If I saw my enemy's healer duck into a portal, I'd follow them.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Prison Warden posted:

Trolls are just hella durable. They're like blood piñatas.

Troll blood is the only known compressible liquid.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

Bobulus posted:

The sburb RPG system does not seem to lend itself to a class with huge amounts of armor.
Ask Hussie who gets bonuses to their gel viscosity

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

WAR FOOT posted:

Vriska is making the exact same loving mistake with HIC e: and robojack that she made with her Denizen, imo.

Most obviously with her description of the Condence, yep.

quote:

VRISKA: When it comes to killing her, I don't have much to advise.
VRISKA: There's no intel on her weaknesses or anything like that. In fact, I'd 8et she doesnt have any.
VRISKA: Like any powerful endgame 8oss, you just have to keep hammering away at her until she's dead.
VRISKA: Nuff said!

She's so Vriska. Mega wonderful.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996

Bobulus posted:

Seen here, a video representation of Vriska's planning session and the immediate aftermath:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hooKVstzbz0

(That video is just hit it's ten year anniversary, btw!)

gamzee is leeroy callin it now

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Magner posted:

Plom Bar posted:

After being nursed back to health by Hussie behind the fifth wall, he jacked Lord English's staff, acquired the Felt, and just happened to leave the area within flying distance of the session.

More specifically, he stuffed the Felt through Doc Scratch's God Tier Death Clock, the other side of which was... the server in the Outer Ring that hosts the Lord English Doom Program. (The one that invites him into universes when they die.) (It's also the server that hosts Rose's guide to Sburb, iirc.)

And from the Outer Ring, you can get to any session; by some coincidence, he's apparently right outside the one all our heroes are in. What are the odds!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Two Inch Bee posted:

I don't know if this'll come up, but it seems foolish to assume that only Jane will be using the portals. If I saw my enemy's healer duck into a portal, I'd follow them.

Uh this is why you have offtanks to pick up aggro from the healers.