Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Trying to figure out what color to make the Callidus's silly rear end pony tail. I don't have anything to make a red head, and I am not to keen on white hair. Any suggestions?

Also, I just somehow feel that silly long hair on an assassin is just a hindrance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I forget which chapter the land raider was from, but yea. It used up all its ammo then opened the ramp to lure someone inside so it could vent hot plasma on them.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
My google fu is weak on this one but I'd love to read the story or blurb about it. The Landraider that went to War.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Also, does the Vindicare's hellfire round count as "poison"? It doesn't mention anything in the dataslate, while Hellfire rounds mentioned in the Space Marine codex specifically are rated as poison. I ask simply because it would mean that the Vindicare could actually hurt Gargantuan creatures reliably...

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
If it doesn't say it's poison then it's probably not..

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Icon Of Sin posted:

I forget which chapter the land raider was from, but yea. It used up all its ammo then opened the ramp to lure someone inside so it could vent hot plasma on them.

It's Rynn's Might, a Crimson Fists Land Raider. It was in the 5th ed Space Marine codex:
http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Rynn%27s_Might

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Well I feel it is a good question to ask, because all instances of "hellfire" have mentioned it being poison, so it is hard to tell if it is an oversight or not. For example on a miniwargaming video they posted the question came up if the Orbital Bombardment from the Minotaurs Chapter master reduces the scatter based on his BS, because the Orbital Bombardment rules from the book he is "Praetors of Orpheus"??? makes no mention of full scatter, but every other instance of Orbital Bombardment other than that makes specific mention that it fully scatters. I feel if the intent was for the Minotaurs to have a extra special Orbital Bombardment that is significantly better than other chapters there would be some special wording to indicate this. It seems like a mistake more than an intentional change...

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Hollismason posted:

My google fu is weak on this one but I'd love to read the story or blurb about it. The Landraider that went to War.

I want to say that it's in the Land Raider entry in the 5th edition SM codex, though it's probably older than that

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I would assume that Land Raiders get actual Machine Spirits while Wyverns don't. Space Marines get all the good tech.

Edit: it's like how every lasgun or bolter doesn't actually have an AI in it, the soldiers just assign a personality to it.

Hustlin Floh fucked around with this message at 03:17 on May 13, 2015

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Machine spirit is basically just what the imperium calls a computer so most complicated machines and vehicles do have one, it just varies how advanced the particular machine spirit is. Although yeah they do generally assume every machine has a spirit even if I doesn't really.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Hustlin Floh posted:

I would assume that Land Raiders get actual Machine Spirits while Wyverns don't. Space Marines get all the good tech.

Edit: it's like how every lasgun or bolter doesn't actually have an AI in it, the soldiers just assign a personality to it.

Hydras probably get them since they're supposed to be radar guided spaags so I don't see why wyverns can't.

Also I think simpler machine spirits are more like the platonic form of the machine and itsndesign or whatever

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I guess what I mean is a Land Raider would get a little more intelligent system that could trick orks into boarding it only to vent the reactor on them, while a Wyvern gets a (relatively) simpler lock-on system like the Hydra.

Hustlin Floh fucked around with this message at 03:32 on May 13, 2015

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Then again, even digital watches have (primitive) software so possibly lasguns and bolters have it too for fire control, etc.

Also, I like to imagine someone trying to use touch interfaces with a broken screen. It probably looks lIke some crazy magic gestures stuff

I think the AIs in titans are supposed to be based on animals or something

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I'd kill for a story where chaos destroys a planet because an emperor titan was distracted by a piece of string tied to some crinkly paper.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

TKIY posted:

I'd kill for a story where chaos destroys a planet because an emperor titan was distracted by a piece of string tied to some crinkly paper.

Any unit or vehicle with a lascannon may replace it with a laspointer.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Titan Man (999.M41): Inquisitor Herzog investigates the strange life and tragic death of Adept Treadwell, who believed he could live amongst a wild maniple of Warlords.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Admech is so hosed up it's great. I really hope this isn't all we see of the releases for them.

Wait is this a new Nurgle Daemon Prince with Tentacle Cock?

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 04:15 on May 13, 2015

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010
Last I recall the Imperator/Emperor class titans were the home of the last true AI in the Imperium. The Princeps that pilot them act more as a buffer system to keep the AI from taking complete control of the Titan. Sometimes they fail - quite a few Chaos Titans weren't from the crew turning to Chaos, but the titan itself deciding that it had had enough taking orders from the puny fleshbags that hooked themselves up to it. It's one of the few cases where the Admech worshiping/pampering/supplicating themselves before the machine is Literally Necessary.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Hollismason posted:

Admech is so hosed up it's great. I really hope this isn't all we see of the releases for them.

Wait is this a new Nurgle Daemon Prince with Tentacle Cock?

honestly just looks like a conversion with the maggoth and plague bug parts.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
In the Space Hulk novella one of the characters talks about how his armor's machine spirit didn't like that he was using a stormbolter so now he uses a thunderhammer and storm shield.

The Space Hulk novella isn't very good.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Hustlin Floh posted:

There was that one Black Templars comic where a bolt pistol is scared and confused that it isn't being shot after it's wielder died.

E:

ProfessorCurly posted:

Last I recall the Imperator/Emperor class titans were the home of the last true AI in the Imperium. The Princeps that pilot them act more as a buffer system to keep the AI from taking complete control of the Titan. Sometimes they fail - quite a few Chaos Titans weren't from the crew turning to Chaos, but the titan itself deciding that it had had enough taking orders from the puny fleshbags that hooked themselves up to it. It's one of the few cases where the Admech worshiping/pampering/supplicating themselves before the machine is Literally Necessary.

It's briefly touched on in Titanicus where a Warlord Princeps talks about how the Warhound he used to drive acted like a big angry dog with poor impulse control, how his current Warlord doesn't like listening to him very much and how Imperator/Emperor Princeps end up going crazy because of how powerful the machine spirit is. I don't remember how the Reavers worked though. I think that they might have just been angry at everything.

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 05:19 on May 13, 2015

Android
Apr 20, 2012

Beep Boop Zorp

TKIY posted:

I just keep seeing this :

YES.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

Uroboros posted:

Also, does the Vindicare's hellfire round count as "poison"? It doesn't mention anything in the dataslate, while Hellfire rounds mentioned in the Space Marine codex specifically are rated as poison. I ask simply because it would mean that the Vindicare could actually hurt Gargantuan creatures reliably...

I think RAW that you're correct, and it doesn't count as Poisoned, but it would be a perfectly reasonable interpretation to say that it does. Of course, you could also go the other direction and assume that the Vindicare's ammo is of a superior grade to normal Hellfire rounds and thus works on things they wouldn't (like Gargantuan Creatures.)

Hustlin Floh posted:

I think the Imperial doctrine is that all machines, no matter how simple or complex, have a machine spirit- but more advanced (and more holy) machines have more advanced ones, with the top tier of such devices (like Land Raiders) having ones that are almost-but-definitely-not-quite-human levels. Placating machines spirits is how most members of the Imperium conceptual matinence and repair tasks- you don't need to clean the residue from the system because it will get gunked up and seize, you need to polish things so that the machine spirit is happy (otherwise it will get mad at you and fail catastrophically.)

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Improbable Lobster posted:

There was that one Black Templars comic where a bolt pistol is scared and confused that it isn't being shot after it's wielder died.

That and the one with Brother Tankred are unironically the best 40k comics.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Improbable Lobster posted:

"Where is friend? Why does friend not want to shoot anymore? :smith:"

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Pyrolocutus posted:

"Where is friend? Why does friend not want to shoot anymore? :smith:"

http://imgur.com/a/mfIxD

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Holy poo poo I've never seen that before, thats fantastic.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Legitimately tugged at my heartstrings a bit...

Then I remembered that Black Templars are dickholes and so any gun that's proud of belonging to one of them probably needs to be taken down a few pegs.

Let a cultist find it and use it for a while. :getin:

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

Thank you for this. 0745 and staring another lovely day of nonsense down at work and this cheered me up

Also yes, a sequel with the adventures of a chaos cultist having scavenged the bolt pistol would be cool. I wonder as long as it was being fired the bolt pistol wouldn't care...

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

AbusePuppy posted:

I think the Imperial doctrine is that all machines, no matter how simple or complex, have a machine spirit- but more advanced (and more holy) machines have more advanced ones, with the top tier of such devices (like Land Raiders) having ones that are almost-but-definitely-not-quite-human levels.

Or Dreadclaws. Machine spirits so holy and advanced they start killing people for fun.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Am I going mad or should the latest FW book Tempest be #5, rather than #4 as their emails are advertising it?

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Lungboy posted:

Am I going mad or should the latest FW book Tempest be #5, rather than #4 as their emails are advertising it?

Yes, it's #5, just ignore the subject line. They even mention the real book #4 in the email.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

SRM posted:

I'm working on some Rogue Trader robots right now and I definitely won't be able to use them as Ad Mech anything since they're only slightly taller than modern Terminators, so they'll be Space Marine Centurions I figure.

This is what I want to do too. I'm jealous that you have a bunch of these guys already and don't have to put up with ridiculous eBay price gouging!

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Minor modeling update: the female heads I have work perfectly on Terminator bodies. Started getting Captain Sophia Taurus and Warden Raza Oberdan from the Amazon Saints put together, though I can't finish them until the arm bits I ordered arrive. Don't have the right gear left, or in Raza's case don't have it at all because I'm giving her a polearm.

Esser-Z fucked around with this message at 12:20 on May 13, 2015

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Lungboy posted:

Look, numbers are hard.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

Some pretty lazy new marine tanks, by the looks of things. Probably should just be upgrade sprues...

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Lol wtf.

That blue is melting my eyes.

Should have made the Spartan a plastic kit.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

I'll be buying that Land Raider for its Twin-Linked Grav-Cannon, which will then carry Tigurius with Grav-Cannon Centurions, GRAV-CANNONS ON EVERYTHING!

Dr Hemulen
Jan 25, 2003

Gotta love day Aquila radar though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Yeah those radars are tight

• Locked thread