Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ludicrous Gibs!
Jan 21, 2002

I'm not lost, but I don't know where I am.
Ramrod XTreme
You could always be a cheating bastard and ctrl-alt-del out before the game over screen, then kill the BoI process in task manager. Although I didn't need that for a run a couple of days ago - Mom's Knife + Midas Touch + Unicorn Stump. Turn invincible every room, turn enemies to gold to hold them in place, and poke my knife in them. Even the bosses were dead in a couple seconds. Plus I got more money than I could ever spend!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I was a cheating bastard who used a mod that gave him The Relic and spectral tears to begin with. Got all the unlocks that way, as gently caress trying to use him legitimately.

Codiekitty
Nov 7, 2014

IUG posted:

I was a cheating bastard who used a mod that gave him The Relic and spectral tears to begin with. Got all the unlocks that way, as gently caress trying to use him legitimately.

I think you meant the Holy Mantle. The Relic spawns a soul heart every four rooms and is great for ???, but useless to The Lost.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

You are correct, that's the one. To make up for it, here's a link to the mod:

The Lost Rebalanced 2.0
http://www.reddit.com/r/themoddingofisaac/comments/2qbhde/the_lost_rebalanced_20/

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

The Holy Mantle really goes a long way towards making The Lost possible. Plus it means you aren't instantly screwed if you get teleported into a curse room.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Lmao if you didn't use the Guppy Exploit to unlock all the Lost's stuff.

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot
Is there some efficient way of checking what achievements one is missing? I'm 12 shy, and I know what 8 or so are, but the other 4 could be any godamn thing.

RonJeremysBalzac
Jul 29, 2004

Bobo the Red posted:

Is there some efficient way of checking what achievements one is missing? I'm 12 shy, and I know what 8 or so are, but the other 4 could be any godamn thing.

view global achievement stats -> compare to your own?

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Bobo the Red posted:

http://theriebel.de/tboirah/

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
So to give myself something else to do in this game before the expansion, I've been going to get RPG from a fresh save with Savior Mod. I've been making steady progress but this was kind of a kick in the teeth:

That's a full on Meat Boy. However it's in a challenge so it doesn't count. Thanks game.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Started with the Book of Revelations as Eden, and for once Conquest didn't screw me out of Super Bandage Girl!

Double-Trouble Loki screwed me out of Super Bandage Girl. :mad:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I just realized why Eden has the token system: it's so you can't sit there, hold R for a couple hours, and register all your items with 0 effort.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

IMJack posted:

Started with the Book of Revelations as Eden, and for once Conquest didn't screw me out of Super Bandage Girl!

Double-Trouble Loki screwed me out of Super Bandage Girl. :mad:

That's why you gotta start with Book of Revelations AND Ball of Bandages.

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot

RonJeremysBalzac posted:

view global achievement stats -> compare to your own?

Thanks!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Man, seven of the ones I've finished the conditions for haven't unlocked. Goddamn buggy-rear end game. :mad:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Well for what it's worth, it seems like Florian is working on making the Eternal Update playable, since Bisnap is helping him out with that. For one thing, a few item descriptions have been changed, bugs that were in WOTL have now been fixed, (SMF no longer gives a speed down for one.) and some items actually got buffed. (Guppy's Hairball actually counts as a Guppy item now in Flash Isaac.)

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Fetus posted:

Well for what it's worth, it seems like Florian is working on making the Eternal Update playable, since Bisnap is helping him out with that. For one thing, a few item descriptions have been changed, bugs that were in WOTL have now been fixed, (SMF no longer gives a speed down for one.) and some items actually got buffed. (Guppy's Hairball actually counts as a Guppy item now in Flash Isaac.)

I know very well that the game is programmed in flash but it still hurts my programmer brain to see it in the editor :psyboom: Why are you keeping it alive, Florian? This is wrong, it's a crime against nature. Just let it die for god's sake, just let it die and bury the remains so we can pretend it never happened :gonk:

Nice of him to get help from good ol' von BismarckBisnap though, I'd trust him for balancing.

Mr. Hand
Apr 28, 2015

by Cowcaster
Hello gents, just discovered this wonderful game.

What's the recommended difficulty for a first time run through...normal or hard?

Is it recommended to restart the game if you don't start out with decent items?

I picked up some item that's giving me health hearts after every room -- is this a very desirable item? (I'm on the third basement.)

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

:ocelot:
You're pretty good.
:ocelot:

Mr. Hand posted:

What's the recommended difficulty for a first time run through...normal or hard?

I picked up some item that's giving me health hearts after every room -- is this a very desirable item? (I'm on the third basement.)

Hello gent,

Play normal for a long while.

Try picking up any and every item the first time - learn what they do and learn what to avoid for your playstyle.

Maybe try not to wiki things right off the bat. It ruins some of the fun.

Yours,
FartMaster

Mr. Hand
Apr 28, 2015

by Cowcaster
thx mate!!!

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

Your Computer posted:

Jesus christ, 3x more health than the already beefy regular bats. Sounds unfun to the max.

Why on earth is he making a monster on Caves 1 that takes 17-18 shots to kill with stock Isaac damage? Didn't he see what happened when the other guy released an update with monsters that take forever to kill...

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot

Mr. Hand posted:

You should play through with whatever items you get. Restarting is only worth doing for certain characters/achievements.

Enjoy learning which items are huge disappointments and which ones make you a hilarious death machine

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
On the other other hand, the Lost is really the only interesting thing left in the game for me, and he isn't that hard.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Mr. Hand posted:

The game unlocks the more you play it, just keep going. If you get frustrated, just take a break and come back to it at your leisure. There's good/easy resources for items after a quick google search.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.

TheModernAmerican posted:

On the other other hand, the Lost is really the only interesting thing left in the game for me, and he isn't that hard.

On the other hand, Eden is way more fun for a run when you're bored.

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

Noticed I had like 80 eden coins, and I still hadn't found Missing No., which is all I needed to get RPG and PG, so I reset over and over and got it~

Time to never ever play the game till the expansion comes out!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

TLNB
CP9A

Eden run that starts you with Isaac's heart and Blood Rights. How fast can you blaze through?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I would kill a man to re-lock conquest, that loving rear end in a top hat has ruined so many attempts to get a super meat boy

I fully completed the lost, for gently caress's sake, why

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
New Afterbirth update. New music, and Sacrifice Rooms are being reworked.

Also, new room shapes?

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

So what's the new item? Looks like it might be demon eye, like a demon baby turret but not a follower?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I'd like to see a mode where you can turn off the big rooms altogether cause sometimes I don't feel like dealing with them.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Kawalimus posted:

I'd like to see a mode where you can turn off the big rooms altogether cause sometimes I don't feel like dealing with them.

They need to make it so larger rooms grant more spacebar charges. I think also that larger rooms are counted the same as small rooms in total room count for the floor, so if you get a floor with a load of large rooms it ends up taking a lot longer. The more large rooms there are, the less total rooms there should be on a given floor.

also sometimes the level generator just likes to mess with you:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Large rooms are just boring. With rare exceptions it's so utterly trivial to dodge enemies in them that it just becomes "walk around, shoot" with no risk.

The few that aren't tend to be kind of lovely rooms in general.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

ImpAtom posted:

Large rooms are just boring. With rare exceptions it's so utterly trivial to dodge enemies in them that it just becomes "walk around, shoot" with no risk.

The few that aren't tend to be kind of lovely rooms in general.

I really like the one with the grid and the black and white worms that pop up and then shoot and then pop down,

said nobody ever

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Mons Hubris posted:

So what's the new item? Looks like it might be demon eye, like a demon baby turret but not a follower?

Looks like the tears were getting bigger with each one that hit, and the last few were glowing noticeably and killing the flies in fewer shots.

KamikazeJim
Sep 15, 2006

oh fuck are you seeing this bomb man. ARE YOU SEEING THIS?
The OST for Afterbirth is available for preorder on Bandcamp: https://ridiculon.bandcamp.com/album/the-binding-of-isaac-afterbirth-ost

That bonus track for paying at least $3.33 sure is something. :stare:

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

IMJack posted:

Looks like the tears were getting bigger with each one that hit, and the last few were glowing noticeably and killing the flies in fewer shots.

someone suggested "dead eye" as the item name and that it might do something like kill smaller enemies in 1 hit if it procs. we'll see though

Codiekitty
Nov 7, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

Or else they're that one in the Cathedral with a bunch of invincible skulls, two Envies, and one Super Envy.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I just started the game up to try and clear the remaining Hard mode stuff before Afterbirth, and my very first run as ??? I got Cellar XL, where the treasures were holy water and remote detonator. So I guess the game doesn't want me to play until Afterbirth comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
Goddamnit I forgot to save the seed (because the Golden God achievement popped up and I was all surprised) but I finally had one of those "enter a room, hold fire for 2 seconds and everything is dead" runs. So I started as Cain. The very first treasure was mutated spider. 1 or 2 floors later: Crickets Body. Short range splash damage tears, x4. Bit later, the Cricket's Head! A brief intermezzo of buying the 1+1 coupon at a store and completely clearing an arcade, getting 99 bombs and keys in the process. Demon Wings from a devil's room, the Pact from a sacrifice room. Several tears up and range up pills. Things started to get messy. The last two treasure rooms before the womb gave me, consecutively, Burning Soul and the Mysterious Liquid so my quad splash damage tears now caused burning and acid. Of course I had picked up coal at some point, and the Curved Horn. The first room in the Chest with the four golden chests contained the Book of Revelations and the Dead Onion.
So the above description became true for every room, including ???. He lasted about 5 seconds.