Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

BadLlama posted:

You own TOGs so when you complete missions for free togs you get free gold instead.

WayAbvPar posted:

I will take any free premium. I am not proud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

My ticket for my missing SU-100Y gold still hasn't been replied to, how long does that poo poo usually take?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

BadLlama posted:

My ticket for my missing SU-100Y gold still hasn't been replied to, how long does that poo poo usually take?

I got it in under 24 hours. I filed mine under the "events" tag.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
It feels like with some people all I hear is "nice warpack" when doing things like hitting a moving vehicle, spotting a enemy tank, hitting an enemy tank, hitting an enemy tank a second time, hiding behind cover when 6th sense goes off, and so on. Leading a vehicle in a straight line at 200m is not that hard.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge
:allears:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
So I found a better troll:

http://wotreplays.com/site/1873140#mountain_pass-chillsau-t37

"Anyone with a winrate below 50% is at best irresponsibly inconsistent, or an active saboteur."

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 06:31 on May 13, 2015

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Or just say "oh great, a match full of coinflippers" in all-chat and let it fester.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Or just say "oh great, a match full of coinflippers" in all-chat and let it fester.

This guy's going places.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

does this make me an rear end in a top hat? they were bitching about getting TKed in previous matches, so I obliged them. Felt good to sink 2 ships before they even realized what was up.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Hellsau posted:

http://wotreplays.com/site/1873140#mountain_pass-chillsau-t37

"Anyone with a winrate below 50% is at best irresponsibly inconsistent, or an active saboteur."

Oh man, look at that player. He isn't just general patton. He is LORD general patton. I would have just mocked him endlessly the entire match and skipped on the win rate troll.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

orange juche posted:

does this make me an rear end in a top hat? they were bitching about getting TKed in previous matches, so I obliged them. Felt good to sink 2 ships before they even realized what was up.

You a lonnng way from home, boy. :toughguy:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

JuffoWup posted:

Oh man, look at that player. He isn't just general patton. He is LORD general patton. I would have just mocked him endlessly the entire match and skipped on the win rate troll.

I certainly had fun that game. 45%ers are truly god's gift to us.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.
srb, do you have a recipe for your salsa?

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

Hellsau posted:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

People who name themselves after Patton are even easier to troll than the Wehraboos. Just tell them you're going to hit them harder than a 2 1/2 ton truck.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

You a lonnng way from home, boy. :toughguy:

Wrong thread, had the warboats and the tanks thread open, with a reply going for each.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

That would look awesome over some unsalted, sticky-rear end Swedish spaghetti!

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
srb, don't let these southern fried bullies get you down, I stand with your Scando heritage spaghetti cooking techniques.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

BadLlama posted:

I filed mine under in game goods on Sunday and it came through today

Rothmog
Jul 26, 2011
I think I may finally be able to get HT-15 for the T28 Concept....VK4502B is so glorious. Had a E100 bounce 3 HEAT shells off me, while I just sat there cackling.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Rothmog posted:

I think I may finally be able to get HT-15 for the T28 Concept....VK4502B is so glorious. Had a E100 bounce 3 HEAT shells off me, while I just sat there cackling.
I just parked my VK45.02B infront of two T95's and let them have at it for a few minutes.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Azhais posted:

I'm not sure I'd recommend the death toaster and st emil to a new player wanting a fun experience

the toaster is okay if you don't use the top gun on it, its like a Marder with a larger hitbox and the same good mobility

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Teron D Amun posted:

the toaster is okay if you don't use the top gun on it, its like a Marder with a larger hitbox and the same good mobility
A much, much larger hitbox and much, much worse camo. The toaster has a good gun, but it's really painful to play. It's not as fun as the Marder.

edit: its stationary camo is almost as bad as the marder's moving camo

Uranium 235 fucked around with this message at 16:18 on May 13, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Had a bad day of tanks yesterday, lost 7 in a row (eventually turned it around, but still). I think the game is finally wearing me down :smith:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Mesadoram posted:

Had a bad day of tanks yesterday, lost 7 in a row (eventually turned it around, but still). I think the game is finally wearing me down :smith:

I played 20 matches on Sunday and due to everyone divebombing for the 5x XP and also trying to grind the 50k I won one of them and I carried it in my church III.

Pubbies wear me down

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
So it looks like they're going to be removing four more tanks from the shop in the 9.8 patch:

British Sexton I
Soviet SU-85I
American RAM II
German Pz.Kpfw. IV Schmalturm

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/31/premium-vehicle-removal-round2/

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I am finding that pubbies must apparently never really see the 112. I held an entire flank for several minutes against 6 tanks, blocking some 7,000 damage until some rear end in a top hat light discovered he could move like 12 feet and then autopen me in my sides. That turret and UFP is just buff as hell.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Haquer posted:

I played 20 matches on Sunday and due to everyone divebombing for the 5x XP and also trying to grind the 50k I won one of them and I carried it in my church III.

Pubbies wear me down

To break my lose streak I hopping into the Church 3. Tank is always a stomper and manages to bring a smile to my face :unsmith:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Would the Schmalturm be any good if the HD version's spaced armour actually works? I'm not familiar enough with the tank to know why people dislike it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Would the Schmalturm be any good if the HD version's spaced armour actually works? I'm not familiar enough with the tank to know why people dislike it.

It is glacially slow with no compensation for being such a slug.

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

What it brings to the table is its premiumness for crew training and the 75mm/L70 gun. It's bad because it's slow as poo poo on top of being poorly armored which makes it a chore to play. The VK3002M and VK3001D blow it away for usefulness. If you want a premium German medium tank get the T-25 or the War Crimes Panther (is that still sold?).

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Okay cheers. I was just curious because I love the aesthetics of Pz.IVs with the spaced panelling.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

If you can manage to only expose your turret in a range fight you can bounce a lot of tier 5 tanks but that requires a lot of magic to happen.

Hey so I had a weird thing happen last night. I had my turret turned to my left side say a full 90 degree's. I then had an enemy pop on my right so I click on him and auto aimed on him to start turning my turret but when I did that my turret literally did a flip in the air and wiggled around and then all of a sudden it was point forward and continued to turn. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 19:22 on May 13, 2015

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

BadLlama posted:

If you can manage to only expose your turret in a range fight you can bounce a lot of tier 5 tanks but that requires a lot of magic to happen.

Hey so I had a weird thing happen last night. I had my turret turned to my left side say a full 90 degree's. I then had an enemy pop on my right so I click on him and auto aimed on him to start turning my turret but when I did that my turret literally did a flip in the air and wiggled around and then all of a sudden it was point forward and continued to turn. Has anyone else had this happen to them?
AHaha do you have the replay? I've never seen that happen.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Uranium 235 posted:

AHaha do you have the replay? I've never seen that happen.

Yeah I record all my games. When I get home tonight I'll see if I can find the replay from that game and see if it captured it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BadLlama posted:

We lost a stronghold fight due to that last weekend. A PINGU dude is sitting there holding left click on one of the last remaining enemies, when his turret turns ~45 degrees to the left, throwing their shell into the wall. Us dead folk were just watching in amazement. Obviously that enemy survived as a oneshotable instead of our teammate.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Basically your client tells the server where your reticule is pointing, and the server and client separately rotate the turret toward that point (this is also why, when a tank rounds a corner while aiming at it, other players will see it turn its turret toward the corner when it's already passed it). Some times when you turn your reticule ~180 degrees the server and client will rotate the turret opposite ways, thus leading to shenanigans when a player starts turning their hull with their turret (for the client) but for the server they turn the hull opposite to the turret.

The wigging out when auto-aiming I am guessing is a result of the client getting more turret direction information from the server when autoaim is engaged, and does not know how to deal with conflicting coordinates between client and server.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
Thats why server reticle is such an important mod.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
For some reason I always play worse with server reticle enabled. Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I just can not seem to get used to it and go back to default.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hellsau posted:

We lost a stronghold fight due to that last weekend. A PINGU dude is sitting there holding left click on one of the last remaining enemies, when his turret turns ~45 degrees to the left, throwing their shell into the wall. Us dead folk were just watching in amazement. Obviously that enemy survived as a oneshotable instead of our teammate.

Yeah it is pretty crazy when it happens.