Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Whoever wins next week we lose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I hope a meteor hits the stadium and kills everyone but the goons

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

:lol:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

:laffo: I suddenly feel better after Saturday night's loss simply due to that guy.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I would just like to say the afl should murder itself for loving over the a league

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Ohhhh lol this is great!

p.s got tickets to the GF, flight booked and im off to melbourne.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Byolante posted:

I would just like to say the afl should murder itself for loving over the a league
Tony Pignata spotted

dj_pain posted:

Ohhhh lol this is great!

There will be beers

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Nathan Burns? Ahead of Fahid ben Kalfallah and Marc Janko? Nah

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I'm tempted to post the same thing on Facebook with the qr code changed to a link to goatse and see how many people try to use it :D

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

dj_pain posted:

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

loving pumped and can not get any work done this week

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Sydney are going to win aren't they? FFS

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Shmoses posted:

Sydney are going to win aren't they? FFS

Yes indeed, Sydney are going to win For Football's Sake.

(gently caress Victory)

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Is there some way both teams could lose, because thats my personal hope

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I would like both teams to lose except that I would like Sydney to win please because that would make me happy.

gently caress Victory and WSW

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Contrary to popular opinion, I would like Victory to win.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bogan Krkic posted:

Contrary to popular opinion, I would like Victory to win.

Wow, controversial in the extreme

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Adnar posted:

loving pumped and can not get any work done this week

When are you flying out? We are going to have to get rekt on sunday.

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

dj_pain posted:

When are you flying out? We are going to have to get rekt on sunday.

Leave Manila Friday night and end up in Melb Sat night.

Are you on the bus?

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Adnar posted:

Leave Manila Friday night and end up in Melb Sat night.

Are you on the bus?

nah I decided against it as I want to hang out with some melbourne goons. Drinkies on sat night then?

Also this is amazing

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

:laffo:

In other news:

The Guardian posted:

Football Federation Australia may be forced to step in and assume control of Brisbane Roar if the A-League club’s financial crisis worsens. Multiple sources on Wednesday claimed FFA was set to take over the Roar’s licence from owners The Bakrie Group following a tumultuous week that has seen the shock departures of managing director Sean Dobson and director of football Ken Stead. It is understood the club is behind on payments to several creditors and there are doubts players and staff will be paid on Friday, which is the next due date for wages.

FFA denied it was ready to step in but revealed it was locked in constant talks with chairman Chris Fong, who is now overseeing the day-to-day running of the club in the wake of Dobson’s resignation late on Tuesday. Dobson is believed to have been held as the scapegoat for the club’s financial ills.

“FFA is in communication with the Brisbane Roar chairman Chris Fong and understands that he is working on bringing some stability to the club’s operations after the departure of the managing director and the football manager,” said an FFA spokesperson.

“Chris has taken over the day-to-day control only in the past 24 hours, so clearly he will need some time to assess the situation. FFA understands that these are challenging circumstances for the Roar players, staff, members and fans, but everyone should remember that this is a club of great achievements and status with a bright future in the A-League.”

Fong last week strenuously denied reports that Brisbane was bound for a $2.25 million loss this financial year and rejected claims there were plans to make massive cuts to expenditure to reduce next year’s loss by nearly $2 million.

Fong was unable to be reached for comment on Wednesday.

A collection of local businessmen, including at least one former owner, is reportedly keen to rescue the club if required. The Roar was most recently under FFA control when The Bakrie Group bought a majority stake in the club in September 2011. Before that, the club was owned by Brisbane entrepreneurs Emmanuel Drivas, Emmanuel Kokoris, Claude Baradel and Serge Baradel.

The deposed A-League champions are also without a head coach and it is not known how the latest developments will affect the search for a successor to caretaker Frans Thijssen, who is no longer with the club. Spaniard Ramon Tribulietx has long been regarded as their next coach-in-waiting. The appointment has taken on an added importance since Fong revealed to AAP the positions of football director and technical director would be abolished, with the new coach to be given total control over the football department.

Rival clubs are already making contractual decisions with a view to the 2015/16 season. The Bakrie Group has been on the lookout for a co-investor to “share the vision” it has for the future – and to help bear the significant financial burden of owning an A-League franchise – since December last year.

No coach and no money, how the mighty have fallen.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

MysticalMachineGun posted:

:laffo:

In other news:

No coach and no money, how the mighty have fallen.

:smithicide:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

:( :respek: :(

Hopefully they can get it sorted out. I like the Roar and their orange kit.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Paging roarcelona to this thread.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Is roarcelona scouse_roar or do I misremember that?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
The only thing that makes me the slightest bit optimistic is that Brisbane is a important club and the league will want to keep it alive. On the other hand we embarassed the south of the tweed media by beating their shiny princess pony WSW in the grand final so they will probably stick in the knife.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Shmoses posted:

Is roarcelona scouse_roar or do I misremember that?

yes he is that person.

:edit: This is a gif that just keeps on giving

dj_pain fucked around with this message at 05:25 on May 14, 2015

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Game day! I'm nervy as hell

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Shmoses posted:

Game day! I'm nervy as hell

We got this

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I hope both teams lose

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)

Bogan Krkic posted:

We got this

Aaahhh ahh ahhhhhhhh

Nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs - can't loving waaaaait

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Thanks to a friend bailing on me for paying a room at the local anime convention am home for the final of the Hyundai A-League game of the week on Fox Sports 2. It the Grand Final with Sydney FC taking on Melbourne Victory staring in over a half n hour at 1am est/12am cst/10pm pst.

bootney_lee
Sep 10, 2009

Should be a good game boys, and hell, I hope Sydney win.

Also stay safe Victorian alcoholic gameday crew

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

bootney_lee posted:

hell, I hope Sydney win.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Thanks to a friend bailing on me for paying a room at the local anime convention am home for the final of the Hyundai A-League game of the week on Fox Sports 2. It the Grand Final with Sydney FC taking on Melbourne Victory staring in over a half n hour at 1am est/12am cst/10pm pst.

You've made a Correct Decision

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

This is a misquote! Bloody Murdoch media

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I'm at the ground and I'm hype as hell lads

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Yeah did the march, in the ground, five rows from the front in North Terrace. loving making GBS threads myself. Come on Melbourne.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Some Sydney fans just flew in in a chopper?

EDIT: they won a TAB contest :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

bootney_lee posted:

Also stay safe Victorian alcoholic gameday crew

Not sure if I'll be more worried about Tongues if Melbourne win, or if they lose :rubshands:

• Locked thread