Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

IOwnCalculus posted:

Yeah, it's not ideal, but it does respond quickly. That said I couldn't stand the Civic's dash for more than the week I had one as a rental; the split arrangement is just too wonky for me. They got the CR-V just fine though, analog across the board.

And yeah, the Sonic's dashboard is a slick little setup. Shame the rest of the car probably isn't all that good.

I was pretty pleasantly surprised with the Sonic I had as a rental a couple of years ago. It seemed good. The only complaint I had was that my knee hit the key and it shut the car off, including the lights on a very dark road. Turns out that's not an isolated issue...

Oh, the alignment was off, but it's a rental so whose fault is that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Aside from season openers TG has been lovely for a few years now.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
I drive a hatchback Sonic for delivering parts. I like it except for the transmission. I have to be careful pulling into traffic as it doesn't respond quick at all to the throttle. I'd drive one as my own vehicle with a manual trans.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

DICKPOCALYPSE NOW posted:

My roommate just gave me a bunch of xanax :psyduck:

My roomates GF/soon to be roomate, has a little striped bag FULL of motherfucking benzos every color of the rainbow. She throws them at me if I take her dog out and doing dishes and poo poo.

On the very bright side they knock me out so hard i sleep right through them loving so i think there is strategy to her madness.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Welp, I just bought a Fiat Abarth Cabriolet.

Time to dump the wife and hit the bath house.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
At least you can hear that :krad: exhaust note better.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A girl I used to work with was outed as a prostitute on Facebook. She had a pretty bad meltdown which ended with her threatening to have the person who outed her (former best friend I gather) killed before deleting her profile.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

You have the absolute best friends and acquaintances.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I just watched the original F&F movie. I got the blu-ray digital hd bundle of the first 6 movies off Amazon for $35. Enjoyed the hell out of it. I will now be the guy yelling 'nobody likes the tuna!' For the next week.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I just watched the original F&F movie. I got the blu-ray digital hd bundle of the first 6 movies off Amazon for $35. Enjoyed the hell out of it. I will now be the guy yelling 'nobody likes the tuna!' For the next week.

Still makes me laugh

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I watched it again a couple weeks ago. Still surprisingly good even though it's so 2001.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Somewhat Heroic posted:

And the throw away line of, "I like his haircut"?

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

MustardFacial posted:

Still makes me laugh

I have seen this a thousand times. I only just now realized that they put Vin Diesel's face in Paul Walker's face. :cripes:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

It's better as a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osfEQTR-45M

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Rhyno posted:

A girl I used to work with was outed as a prostitute on Facebook. She had a pretty bad meltdown which ended with her threatening to have the person who outed her (former best friend I gather) killed before deleting her profile.

I can completely understand why she would have a meltdown. Whomever outed her is a poo poo.

Echotic
Oct 20, 2013

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Funnily enough I watched this last night as well. Its strange to see how many different cars I picked up on compared to when I watched it like 10 years ago. Goofs and inaccuracies aside still a good watch. Never liked the second one though. :shrug:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
So the dog and I were climbing around on some rocks by the river we jog to, and I done hosed my back up somehow. Lightning bolts from just below my right kidney. I could barely put my socks and shoes on this morning.

Is this what it's like getting old?

Really hope it clears up before this Saturday. I've got a date with a lovely lady in Charlottesville and we're climbing to the top of Humpback Rock :huh:

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL
So, I quit my job on friday. I just could not take having my entire department being used as a scapegoat for the poor planning of the bus company. When they told the newspapers that the reason for some significant delays lately have been poor performance on their one subcontracted workshop "that would be me" and i saw the impact this poo poo had on both myself and mostly the 11 guys who work their rear end of and take pride in keeping the lowest turnaround time for buses in the entire region, i just lost my poo poo. I wrote a fairly strong worded email cced to all my guys, the entire management of the bus operator and the journalist who wrote the piece, where i told them that if the fact that we have cut downtime on buses by 55% in the last 6 months, caught up with over 18 months of deferred planned maintenance and been 65% faster on all metrics then their own shops was not good enough i would take the "blame" and resign. because my techs have consistantly been pulling miracles out of their rear end and i would not in any way let them tell the boys that they have done anything but a stellar job. And if you cant blame the employees, the bossman it is.

My brother (who was my boss, he runs the chain of shops we where a part of) is quite pissed, but he understands me. I have decided to for the first time in my life use my engineering degree and thus starting a consultant firm together with two firehouse colleges, I have a fire safety/prevention degree, so does one of the others, and the last one is a structural engineer. They have been working on this start up for the last two years before setting things in motion and had approached me around newyear. I turned them down due to other obligations. We have three major contracts from the get go and i think things should turn out okay. Its scary but also pretty fun.

Then my wife dropped the bomb on me last night. Our dream house (at least if you don`t consider my "log cabin on the mountains, 10 miles from the nearest neighbour" dream) is going back on the market. We looked at it seriously three years ago but decided a move with twin one yearolds was to much of a task. Its perfect, its expensive but it is not too outlandish. It really is the house i want to grow old in, with the woman i love and for some reason beyond my imagination, seems to like me too. I have told her that i am not convinced that its a good idea, but i know that when i walk into the living room with ocean view on three walls and the mancave on the roof with panorama windows with the same view. im hosed.

oh and in car related stuff. I curbed my 21" wheels on the tesla today. Looks like someone did performance art on the right front wheel with a angle grinder.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Adiabatic posted:

So the dog and I were climbing around on some rocks by the river we jog to, and I done hosed my back up somehow. Lightning bolts from just below my right kidney. I could barely put my socks and shoes on this morning.

Is this what it's like getting old?

Really hope it clears up before this Saturday. I've got a date with a lovely lady in Charlottesville and we're climbing to the top of Humpback Rock :huh:

Not good man. The times I've had this happen to me they prescribed cyclobenzaprine, a muscle relaxer, and Alieve. Might be time to get them hip flexors loosened up.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Blu-ray F&F owns, solely because I now have this screencap in high res:

I will never stop laughing at that scene.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

fjelltorsk posted:

So, I quit my job on friday. I just could not take having my entire department being used as a scapegoat for the poor planning of the bus company. When they told the newspapers that the reason for some significant delays lately have been poor performance on their one subcontracted workshop "that would be me" and i saw the impact this poo poo had on both myself and mostly the 11 guys who work their rear end of and take pride in keeping the lowest turnaround time for buses in the entire region, i just lost my poo poo. I wrote a fairly strong worded email cced to all my guys, the entire management of the bus operator and the journalist who wrote the piece, where i told them that if the fact that we have cut downtime on buses by 55% in the last 6 months, caught up with over 18 months of deferred planned maintenance and been 65% faster on all metrics then their own shops was not good enough i would take the "blame" and resign. because my techs have consistantly been pulling miracles out of their rear end and i would not in any way let them tell the boys that they have done anything but a stellar job. And if you cant blame the employees, the bossman it is.

My brother (who was my boss, he runs the chain of shops we where a part of) is quite pissed, but he understands me. I have decided to for the first time in my life use my engineering degree and thus starting a consultant firm together with two firehouse colleges, I have a fire safety/prevention degree, so does one of the others, and the last one is a structural engineer. They have been working on this start up for the last two years before setting things in motion and had approached me around newyear. I turned them down due to other obligations. We have three major contracts from the get go and i think things should turn out okay. Its scary but also pretty fun.

Then my wife dropped the bomb on me last night. Our dream house (at least if you don`t consider my "log cabin on the mountains, 10 miles from the nearest neighbour" dream) is going back on the market. We looked at it seriously three years ago but decided a move with twin one yearolds was to much of a task. Its perfect, its expensive but it is not too outlandish. It really is the house i want to grow old in, with the woman i love and for some reason beyond my imagination, seems to like me too. I have told her that i am not convinced that its a good idea, but i know that when i walk into the living room with ocean view on three walls and the mancave on the roof with panorama windows with the same view. im hosed.

oh and in car related stuff. I curbed my 21" wheels on the tesla today. Looks like someone did performance art on the right front wheel with a angle grinder.

Everything you've posted has me pretty certain you're a top class fella and I'm happy you don't take any poo poo. Due to this I'm fairly sure things will work out for you with your new company.

Also I need pictures of this house and view so I can get super loving jealous I live in the centre of the UK and not near any body of water.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

How long of a drive you gotta take to get to the beach? 2 or 3 hours?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Coredump posted:

Not good man. The times I've had this happen to me they prescribed cyclobenzaprine, a muscle relaxer, and Alieve. Might be time to get them hip flexors loosened up.

Currently combatting it with coffee and tylenol. How long did it last for you?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Coredump posted:

How long of a drive you gotta take to get to the beach? 2 or 3 hours?

Nearest beach is 2 and a half hours away, it's not a ridiculous distance just mildly annoying because I quite like the seaside and where I live is quite literally right in the middle of the country. Makes for some really nice drives though.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I've got that same bundle, need to get around to watching the ones I haven't seen.

Which is two thru six :rice:

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL

88h88 posted:

Everything you've posted has me pretty certain you're a top class fella and I'm happy you don't take any poo poo. Due to this I'm fairly sure things will work out for you with your new company.

Also I need pictures of this house and view so I can get super loving jealous I live in the centre of the UK and not near any body of water.

I found a picture taken from the house of my old coach, its the grey house in the foreground. terrible angle, but the best i could find. The bank is in agreement and i think we can talk the owners to let us have it after a private showing.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

fjelltorsk posted:

I have told her that i am not convinced that its a good idea, but i know that when i walk into the living room with ocean view on three walls and the mancave on the roof with panorama windows with the same view.

loving DO IT!

I promise I will be so goddamn envious.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

rndmnmbr posted:

You have the absolute best friends and acquaintances.

Hey this was just a coworker 10 years ago. I honestly don't know why we were even friends on FB.

Cat Terrist posted:

I can completely understand why she would have a meltdown. Whomever outed her is a poo poo.

I agree. It made for some interesting poo poo in my feed for about an hour though.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
You probably friended her around 2007 or 2008 when everyone thought it was a good idea to friend everyone you ever knew.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

fjelltorsk posted:

Dude, you have nothing but my utmost respect. You are 100% an awesome dude, and with the poo poo you've been through and pulled out with, you will do just fine.

Congrats on a new business venture - its risky, but its nice when you make your destiny. I miss that about my old job, my current gig is poo poo.

As to the house - buy it. We have friends who were in their dream home, and moved due to a job. They are struggling like hell with keeping on renting it (and watching poo poo people wreck it), versus selling it. Its on a river, about 5 acres of land, and just amazing. And they are so pissed that life changed enough that they really did need to move. So now they either rent it out for 20 years, or sell it and hope to find another. And I still hope I can ever find my dream home, but that may be a few years yet.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Adiabatic posted:

Currently combatting it with coffee and tylenol. How long did it last for you?

One of them left me hobbling around for two or three weeks. If this is just a minor sprain you might be alright by this weekend, but I would take it easy.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I will now be the guy yelling 'nobody likes the tuna!' For the next week.

Get your own drat popcorn.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

fjelltorsk posted:

So, I quit my job on friday.

I'm drat glad that you live in a country where you can do that without simultaneously loving up your medical care.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

T1g4h posted:

Blu-ray F&F owns, solely because I now have this screencap in high res:

I will never stop laughing at that scene.

30 weight sounds nice

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

IOwnCalculus posted:

I'm drat glad that you live in a country where you can do that without simultaneously loving up your medical care.
I know, it must be nice living in the true 1st world. I have Canadian citizenship as well as US, which give me an out. Well for like 3 more years until Stephen Harper turns Canada into a colder US.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

poo poo, isn't the UK trying to privatize the NHS as well?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Coredump posted:

poo poo, isn't the UK trying to privatize the NHS as well?

Yes. Hey commonwealth, stop trying to be the US. Not even the US wants to be the US.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

fjelltorsk posted:

I found a picture taken from the house of my old coach, its the grey house in the foreground. terrible angle, but the best i could find. The bank is in agreement and i think we can talk the owners to let us have it after a private showing.

Beautiful home. Best of luck in the new job venture, and nothing but respect for following your values and telling the bus company to take a hike.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
There's a guy in the news who refused to get insurance since he was healthy (read: has unmanaged diabetes, but no real consequences) and it looks like he's going to lose his eye since his retina detached. He has since tried to sign up for insurance under the PPACA, but enrollment has already passed, and his state, South Carolina, has refused federal money for healthcare expansion (subsidies, Medicare, etc). He currently has a GoFundMe campaign to raise 30k.

Best health care system in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

nm posted:

Yes. Hey commonwealth, stop trying to be the US. Not even the US wants to be the US.

Hold out hope, comrade, october is coming.

For context to outsiders. Alberta, "the texas of canada" just booted out the conservative government of 44 years and gave a majority government to a left wing party.

• Locked thread