Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Red Lobster has those biscuits though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Olive Garden's breaksticks are pretty good. That's why I never eat there: I get full on the drat breadsticks and then don't have the stomach left for an actual meal.

Goku would be ashamed...

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 03:06 on May 13, 2015

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

drrockso20 posted:

A lot of that has to do with Oda's wife, who he met while she was playing Nami in a One Piece stage show, and he's openly admitted in interviews and FAQs in the past that this is part of the reason that Nami(and a lot of the other girls in the franchise) gradually become more and more fanservicey in appearance(there's also the fact that Nami is around 15 or 16 when the series begins, so she's not done maturing yet, and the time skip just makes this more apparent)

Top is when she was at the start of the anime, bottom is when they revisit that scene in a flashback.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Olive garden salad dressing is my jam

I think goku would like Olive Garden

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Boobs.

Question: did Goku ever manage to get the Old Kai nudie pics of Bulma?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Xibanya posted:

Boobs.

Why do you think Goku was so afraid of Bulma in Battle of Gods?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Xibanya posted:

Boobs.

Vegeta doesn't have Goku’s head mounted on a wall at Capsule Corp so I imagine not.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

A lot of that has to do with Oda's wife, who he met while she was playing Nami in a One Piece stage show, and he's openly admitted in interviews and FAQs in the past that this is part of the reason that Nami(and a lot of the other girls in the franchise) gradually become more and more fanservicey in appearance(there's also the fact that Nami is around 15 or 16 when the series begins, so she's not done maturing yet, and the time skip just makes this more apparent)

Nami was 18 at the start of the series, Ussop is the youngest of the crew

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Rodyle posted:

Vegeta doesn't have Goku’s head mounted on a wall at Capsule Corp so I imagine not.

Goku escaped to Other World, the one place Vegeta couldn't follow.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

NutritiousSnack posted:

I could have sworn she was younger than that

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Kaiser's disdain for Broly is impressive.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

NutritiousSnack posted:

Technically Chopper is the youngest.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Rodyle posted:

Kaiser's disdain for Broly is impressive.

nice to know my hatred for broly is shared.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I love how they kill the slightest whiff of a power level debate by immediately mentioning Broly in all their informal stuff.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Maybe the way to get Piccolo to become strong again is to have him merge with Pikkon. They already look similar and both have a love of turbans.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Theres also that one Namek in Galactic Patrol

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Monaghan posted:

nice to know my hatred for broly is shared.
*Raises Hand*

You aren't alone friend. I hate broly. Boring as hell.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
All these dragonball effort posts are making me want to read the series all the way through.

What's the best way to get the entirety of the series, in English? Is there a definitive edition? Everywhere I see some controversy over "censoring", but I suspect that's just teenagers being babies.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
The viz copies I have include 3 volumes per book and are $15 apiece. That's $5 per volume. You're not gonna get a better deal than that. It's worth it because these comics are meant to be seen two pages at a time.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

NutritiousSnack posted:

Usopp and Luffy are the same age and Chopper is younger than both of them.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Kild posted:

Top is when she was at the start of the anime, bottom is when they revisit that scene in a flashback.

gently caress the anime. Seriously.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

SatansBestBuddy posted:

gently caress the anime. Seriously.

will do

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

take it to the hentai thread

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

Usopp and Luffy are the same age and Chopper is younger than both of them.

Chopper is a Reindeer, those rules don't count for him!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

NutritiousSnack posted:

Chopper is a Reindeer, those rules don't count for him!

He's a Human-Human Reindeer! :colbert:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Xibanya posted:

I hope everyone enjoyed my effort posts and I hope that you will all go forth with a renewed appreciation for this incredible series.
I enjoyed the lot of them. Thanks for sharing.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Wow, TFS turned 16 into a right badass.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 13:10 on May 13, 2015

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
He was always a badass, though

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Zzulu posted:

He was always a badass, though

Well, yes but that whole "Would only kill Son Goku" thing was something of a non starter.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I really look forward to the shaking hands scene.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The big problem I have with this episode is that now I want to see a series starring the Androids with guest star Piccolo and it will never happen. :smith:

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

nrook posted:

All these dragonball effort posts are making me want to read the series all the way through.

What's the best way to get the entirety of the series, in English? Is there a definitive edition? Everywhere I see some controversy over "censoring", but I suspect that's just teenagers being babies.

The Vizbig versions seem to be as definitive as it gets for English. It's larger than the original manga but solid paper and most of the colored pages intact.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

zelah posted:

The Vizbig versions seem to be as definitive as it gets for English. It's larger than the original manga but solid paper and most of the colored pages intact.

Do they make those for DB too? At the bookstore they had them for the DBZ chapters only, which was a huge bummer. On the upside, I own all of the Dragonball chapters and it didn't cost me a bundle. Thanks to the print Shonen Jump I also own most of the android saga, and back then they also reproduced the color pages properly as well. I wanted to resubscribe but it looks like they don't do print magazines anymore. That's bullshit.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

The big problem I have with this episode is that now I want to see a series starring the Androids with guest star Piccolo and it will never happen. :smith:

Dragon Ball Super could do this.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Dragon Ball Super should do an arc where Goku and Vegeta go fight some ultimate power level dude in space and then do another arc set during the same time-frame where the Z-team get the spotlight and defend the world from a less bullshit threat themselves, like the Garlic Jr saga but better.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Darko posted:

Dragon Ball Super could do this.

Got one set of fingers crossed for 18 and Krillin getting saved at the last minute by 16 and 17, and another set crossed to prepare for the inevitable disappointment.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Give everybody in the world God Ki.
It would tie in to Dragon Ball Xenoverse making a random human/namekian/saiyan/freezer/majin dude/chick able to fight Beerus without being obliterated in a second

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

If super doesn't have at least three separate stories for three different character tiers simultaneously, it's bad. I can't decide however, if Krillin should be near the bottom of tier 2 with 18 and Piccolo, or split off and lead tier 3.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

If super doesn't have at least three separate stories for three different character tiers simultaneously, it's bad. I can't decide however, if Krillin should be near the bottom of tier 2 with 18 and Piccolo, or split off and lead tier 3.

Krillin is clearly tier 2. He is high-tier enough to lend his friendship power to you in the end of Xenoverse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

Xibanya posted:

Do they make those for DB too? At the bookstore they had them for the DBZ chapters only, which was a huge bummer. On the upside, I own all of the Dragonball chapters and it didn't cost me a bundle. Thanks to the print Shonen Jump I also own most of the android saga, and back then they also reproduced the color pages properly as well. I wanted to resubscribe but it looks like they don't do print magazines anymore. That's bullshit.

Yeah, all of DB in 5 Vizbig volumes. Amazon usually has them for a few bucks off.

• Locked thread