Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Deadpool posted:

No, it's literally because Kevin Feige is a huge Star Wars nerd and in the second movie there's a hand that's chopped off. So everything in Marvel's Phase 2 has a hand/arm getting chopped.

So that's why SHEILD lost a Hand in season 1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Cat Terrist posted:

So that's why SHEILD lost a Hand in season 1?

:golfclap:

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

This whole season has just been balls to the wall insane.

Also, why is there debate over Coulson and powers from the crystals? You don't find out if you have powers or are just dead after the stone encases you. This is exactly how Gonzales died.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I took a Fish Oil pill about an hour before I watched this episode.

Welp.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

muscles like this? posted:

JT James: code name Hellfire, grandson of the Phantom Rider and has the ability to charge objects with fire.

I've always considered JT James to be the loose inspiration for Ward. Daisy's love interest on the team who ends up selling them out to Hydra, then is refused forgiveness for it. If anything, it tells us how Ward SHOULD die once the show is finished, just replace Fury with Coulson.

No way is Phobos going to show up unless they change him excessively.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

MrAristocrates posted:

God, Fitz really is O'Brien isn't he?

I haven't seen him dislocate his shoulder yet.

or has he?

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

So is everyone that takes fish oil supplements gonna die or inhumanize?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I'm sitting here at a total loss as to what to say after watching this episode.

I. Literally cannot. Anything.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Kilo147 posted:

Even worse, it's homeopathic teragen, far stronger than the original source. :ohdear:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kilo147 posted:

No. The terrigen itself is safe. The stones dissolved, so the heavy metal stayed at the bottom of the ocean.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Aphrodite posted:

No. The terrigen itself is safe. The stones dissolved, so the heavy metal stayed at the bottom of the ocean.

Oh, got it. Also, I'm presuming that Simmons, like Gibbs, is dead?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Post-finale interviews:

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/12/agents-shield-season2-finale-simmons
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/12/agents-shield-season2-finale-secret-warriors
http://news.yahoo.com/agents-shield-ep-simmons-fate-finales-secret-warriors-060041444.html

Teek fucked around with this message at 07:24 on May 13, 2015

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Thank goodness for the live posters or else I wouldn't have realized I fast
Forwarded through Gemma getting swallowed.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Can someone refresh me on the hand-losing in the Phase 2 movies?

The Yellow Ant
Apr 6, 2004

I can lift 50 times my own weight in hope.

DoctorWhat posted:

Marvel = Disney = Star Wars. Phase 2 = middle part of story = Empire Strikes Back. Luke loses hand in Empire, Anakin loses hand in Clones, someone loses a hand in Phase 2. It's like poetry: they rhyme.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

DoctorWhat posted:

Thor 2: Thor loses a hand in Loki's fake betrayal.
IM3: Killian loses an arm
Guardians: Groot loses arms, Nebula loses a hand.
Age of Ultron: Ultron takes off Klaw's arm.
Winter Soldier: Bucky loses an arm.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Asimo posted:

Even worse, it's homeopathic teragen, far stronger than the original source. :ohdear:

:golfclap:

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
The double reverse Whedon fakeout

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
edit nevermind

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Bruceski posted:

Thor 2: Thor loses a hand in Loki's fake betrayal.
IM3: Killian loses an arm
Guardians: Groot loses arms, Nebula loses a hand.
Age of Ultron: Ultron takes off Klaw's arm.
Winter Soldier: Bucky loses an arm.

Was there one in Daredevil as well?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

PunkBoy posted:

Was there one in Daredevil as well?

Does losing a Hand ninja count? I don't recall one otherwise, but there was so much brutality in that show (in a good way) that I could have forgotten.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

That was amazing, front to back.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
So the MCU is putting out three must see movies this year?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

So the MCU is putting out three must see movies this year?

Ant-Man looks absolutely terrible to be honest.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
This was just a drat good fine episode and finale for the second season.
So many greay stuff, such an adrenaline rush.
Better than I could have hoped for.

prak
Jan 3, 2006

---------
Nap Ghost

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah, some bad news about that: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury_in_fish
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biomagnification

Being heavy, metal and at the bottom of the sea isn't going to be enough to keep it out of the food chain.
In fact it may be far worse than had it been on land where we could cap and Superfund the site (and any place unlucky enough to be downwind).

But I suspect that would make for a rather dull season three.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

prak posted:

Yeah, some bad news about that: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury_in_fish
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biomagnification

Being heavy, metal and at the bottom of the sea isn't going to be enough to keep it out of the food chain.
In fact it may be far worse than had it been on land where we could cap and Superfund the site (and any place unlucky enough to be downwind).

But I suspect that would make for a rather dull season three.

To be fair, versus mercury, the terrigen metal probably ashes any fish that touches it instantly, or any plant or something, who knows how it works. So that'll probably keep it out of the food chain.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Deadpool posted:

No, it's literally because Kevin Feige is a huge Star Wars nerd and in the second movie there's a hand that's chopped off. So everything in Marvel's Phase 2 has a hand/arm getting chopped.

Plus of course at DC, where also someone has a huge boner for cut limbs.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
God drat that finale. Who says that liveposting is dead, I watched the unread posts tick up to 700 while I finished work before I could watch.

Crazy mom said that they were unable to separate out the deadly metal from the crystals. It will be super lame if all that was apparently needed to so was some seawater.

Ward's resolution was amazing, that stupid gently caress. So I'm guessing he blames all of SHIELD for him emptying his gun into his girlfriend? I don't think anyone at SHIELD even knows what happened with him and 33. He's gonna be all "Look what you did, this is your fault I shot her!" and SHIELD will be like "You did what? Why would you shoot her?"

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

counterfeitsaint posted:

Ward's resolution was amazing, that stupid gently caress. So I'm guessing he blames all of SHIELD for him emptying his gun into his girlfriend? I don't think anyone at SHIELD even knows what happened with him and 33. He's gonna be all "Look what you did, this is your fault I shot her!" and SHIELD will be like "You did what? Why would you shoot her?"

Well May at the very least has an idea, since it was her plan to trick Ward and pit them against each other.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

ShakeZula posted:

Well May at the very least has an idea, since it was her plan to trick Ward and pit them against each other.

:vince:

I thought she was just doing that to get 33 away from the immediate area so they could keep searching.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Guys, I need help. I just finished watching the finale and now nothing else will ever feel fun ever again, please advise :ohdear:

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

counterfeitsaint posted:

:vince:

I thought she was just doing that to get 33 away from the immediate area so they could keep searching.

If that was the case she wouldn't have tricked 33 into switching to May's face. It was totally intentional. Pretty hardcore revenge.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

I watched this at work (Nielsen), and after that loooooong fifth segment in the second half, laying out Secret Warriors, and Cal turned happy vet, and everything else, I was thinking over all the stuff I was gonna post here about how exciting season 3 is gonna be.

And then, oh, nice, a sweet scene in segment 6 and then a few of my coworkers popped their heads up over their cubicles to look at me quizzically because I shouted "NO!"

:ohdear: simmons no no no

nooo nono ononooo

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Rarity posted:

Guys, I need help. I just finished watching the finale and now nothing else will ever feel fun ever again, please advise :ohdear:

Watch Leverage. It doesn't get as great as this episode just did, but it's certainly fun.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Senerio posted:

Watch Leverage. It doesn't get as great as this episode just did, but it's certainly fun.

Leverage is fine. Hustle is better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

This is great. :allears:

• Locked thread