Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Dustin

You're in what, second grade? It hardly matters.

Bleeker

Stickers are hella lame prizes.

On the Fastrack

Wouldn't the bugs be able to personally affect the outcome of that? That's not really chance.

Safe Havens

Why haven't they changed mouseyboy back yet? I thought they were only going to keep him as a human for a couple of weeks.

Recess

I don't get it.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (March 13, 1928)

Peanuts (May 14, 1968)

Funky Winkerbean

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (the actual February 25-26, 1927 (because I screwed up yesterday and skipped to March))

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Fun word entymology fact time!

Wikipedia posted:

Honky may also be a variant of hunky, which was a deviation of Bohunk, a slur for Bohemian-Hungarian immigrants in the early 1900s.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I was on board with a little Watterson homage, but Literally Bill Watterson of Calvin & Hobbes Fame seems a bit much.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Der Shovel posted:

Andrew Dobson's awful So You Think You're a Cartoonist and assorted other poo poo works? He's the only other cartoonist I can think of who shades with the burn tool.
He shades? :confused:

Retail is ending? :confused:

My Lovely Horse posted:

I was on board with a little Watterson homage, but Literally Bill Watterson of Calvin & Hobbes Fame seems a bit much.
Yeah that doesn't seem respectful. At all. Especially if it goes the "Calvin is their missing kid who got disappeared" prediction somebody made is accurate.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Midnight Moth posted:

Recess

I don't get it.

The singer sucks so the reviewers are talking about everything but the music.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

It's crazy, dad! Someone's trying to change the status quo in this lovely comic!

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

Zereth posted:

Retail is ending? :confused:
Oh man, if only.

Slick
Jun 6, 2003
Just a small edit.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Slick posted:

Just a small edit.

Yeah, I had the same thought, but nothing that interesting could ever happen in that cartoon.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Midnight Moth posted:

Safe Havens

Why haven't they changed mouseyboy back yet? I thought they were only going to keep him as a human for a couple of weeks.

Because the Campus Police have a file on him, and even unsupervised science warlocks whose only problems are the side effects of the science-magic they use to blithely wish away every inconvenience in their lives can't do poo poo about the Campus Police!!

The Campus Police!!!!!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Because the Campus Police have a file on him, and even unsupervised science warlocks whose only problems are the side effects of the science-magic they use to blithely wish away every inconvenience in their lives can't do poo poo about the Campus Police!!

The Campus Police!!!!!

Hey, don't even joke about Campus Police, I hear they have guns now

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
*Calvin grabs a tiny doll* here's the amoral science witch, taking a break from turning animals into sapient plants which clamor for death, trapping human consciousnesses in monstrous hodgepodge husks, and/or simply and literally playing God in order to tremble in fear at a mortal man with the power to frown at noisy parties

Humanoid Female
Mar 13, 2008

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

Not pictured: all the handsewn tiny pearl beads that were described as being all over this dress literally one panel/one day ago.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

"COFFEE IS FOR BIG BOYS I'M A BIG BOY I DOO DOO COFFEE."

The Amazing Spider-Man

If you can't trust the psycho who threw your wife off a building, who can you trust?

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (May 14, 1957)

Peanuts: Year Two (July 28-30, 1952)

Super-Fun-Pak Comix

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom
I know it's obviously not going to happen, but if it turned out that Diana was the one challenging Guran it would be the best thing to ever happen in this comic.

You can tell that's not accurate by the fact that Gunther is still sitting there and didn't hurl himself out the window.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Julet Esqu posted:

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Man this guy is smoking the hell out of that cigarette.

F Minus

Follow your dreams, no matter how stupid they are!

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan MD

Rex doesn't give a poo poo about any of this.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

Come on, Sally, they have a full-sized drum kit.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvuteGIuAbc

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

EasyEW posted:

Super-Fun-Pak Comix

I always liked this one. It pretty much sums up why I hate those "contests".

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Mostly I put the writing in Mary Worth down to Karen Moy just not putting in any effort, since Joe Giella clearly isn't going to, so why bother? But this has got to be intentional. There's no way she actually thinks that she's writing Adam as anything but a creepy stalker, right?

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

Tiggum posted:

Mostly I put the writing in Mary Worth down to Karen Moy just not putting in any effort, since Joe Giella clearly isn't going to, so why bother? But this has got to be intentional. There's no way she actually thinks that she's writing Adam as anything but a creepy stalker, right?

I remember that YOUNG HUNKY WORKAHOLIC LONER that Mary set up with the YOUNG SHY ROMANCE WRITER WITH OVERBEARING MOTHER who sounded exactly the same*, so this is probably exactly how she thinks young men in love should talk to their betrothed.

*"So you write romantic stories? Maybe you'd like to live a romantic story... With me!"

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Red Meat

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Reply All

Pearls Before Swine

Pros & Cons

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Tiggum beat me to it, but yeah, Adam, dude, you've surpassed uncomfortably pushy at this point, and have blossomed into full stalker. Don't go full stalker, Adam.

Jane's World

Non Sequitur

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Oh I dunno, summoning pixies would be a great addition to any meal.

Kliban

:v:

9 Chickweed Lane 5/13/2004

Zits

Well, at least he's admitting it.

Kevin & Kell

I forgot. What was the whole purpose of that bone again?

Wow, Nemi, you go girl.

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Non Sequitur

I'm not so sure about that statement, Wiley, but I'm too lazy to go look up the statistics. "Every year" is pretty broad.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/yearly/ It almost checks out, with the exception of Toy Story 3 (and counting comic book movies as scifi). Toy Story 3 aside, the last time a non sci fi or fantasy film topped the box office was 1998 with Saving Private Ryan. Year before that was Titanic). The last decade for instance:

2005 - Revenge of the Sith (sci fi)
2006 - Dead Man's Chest (fantasy)
2007 - Spider Man 3 (sci fi)
2008 - The Dark Knight (sci fi)
2009 - Avatar (sci fi)
2010 - Toy Story 3
2011 - Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows (fantasy)
2012 - The Avengers (sci fi)
2013 - Hunger Games: Catching Fire (sci fi)
2014 - American Sniper (fantasy)

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I was wondering whether to object to hunger games as sci fi and then I saw it. 5,000 Troll points to you, fair goon.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Petey has a weird imagination

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Food eggs are unfertilized and thus will never have baby chickens inside them :argh:

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Green Intern posted:

Food eggs are unfertilized and thus will never have baby chickens inside them :argh:

Also I don't think chickens can fly, at least not up to power line height.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

On top of that, birds can't even talk! None of this adds up!

The Dinette Set doesn't like cheapskates.

Working Daze doesn't like effort.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Intelligent Life

Retail

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin And Hobbes

Ripley's

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

ZeeToo posted:

Reply All

What is "vocal fry"? I looked it up on Wikipedia so I know it's something about a type of sound people make when they're speaking, but I can't understand from the article what it actually sounds like.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Byzantine posted:

Also I don't think chickens can fly, at least not up to power line height.

Maybe not power line height, but I've definitely seen a chicken clear a head height fence. On the other hand, that was with a lot of frantic flapping, and it could not have maintained flight for much past that.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Tiggum posted:

What is "vocal fry"? I looked it up on Wikipedia so I know it's something about a type of sound people make when they're speaking, but I can't understand from the article what it actually sounds like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEqVgtLQ7qM

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

The Campus Police!!!!!

In Holbrook world, the ones you really need to steer clear of are these guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

• Locked thread