Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Besides what everyone else mentioned, i liked the shoutout to all the Ward fangirls, with the "Stand by Ward" line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Whoever mentioned the old name of the icers, thanks for that. When Coulson & Co shot up Hyde with Icers, Hyde's comeback was something about "It's time for YOU to say 'Night-Night'". That was a really fun callback by the writers.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Well that was a freaking amazing episode, with some really great moments. Season 3 looks setup to just be awesome too, and Goddamn that last shot was great.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Deadpool posted:

I feel so sorry for people that gave up on this show last year.

I wish I could blame them, I was on the line.

Then this poo poo went awesome and it's basically been a straight uphill line in quality ever since.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
So, since that alien liquid tablet thing at the end sucked up Simmons and the Inhumans know (or at least assume) it is Kree technology designed to be used against the Inhumans because they saw them as an accident or whatever, does that mean it's safe to assume that Simmons is an inhuman?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

bobkatt013 posted:

In a way it was the thing she had to do.
She did not grab the rings after she was stabbed. :(

I sincerely hope that someone gifs this with a ring explosion.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

ApeHawk posted:

So, since that alien liquid tablet thing at the end sucked up Simmons and the Inhumans know (or at least assume) it is Kree technology designed to be used against the Inhumans because they saw them as an accident or whatever, does that mean it's safe to assume that Simmons is an inhuman?

Or she'll become Inhuman kryptonite.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

PunkBoy posted:

Was there one in Daredevil as well?

Stick sliced the hand off of that one guy before killing him.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rarity posted:

Guys, I need help. I just finished watching the finale and now nothing else will ever feel fun ever again, please advise :ohdear:

Stay tuned for Agents of SHIELD season 3, coming this fall on ABC.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

ApeHawk posted:

Henstridge put forth her own theory regarding it while speaking with EW http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/12/agents-shield-season2-finale-simmons

She mainly theorized that rather than a weapon or something that directly altered people, it was a gateway to somewhere. She makes it sound like the writers haven't told her what they have in mind yet, but it's better than any random fan theory.

Also, the idea that the strange alien artifact is in fact a gateway (maybe to a prison for inhumans?) that is not inherently harmful to anyone, would be a nice change of pace from an entire season centered around artifacts that either kill people or give them superpowers.

Slashrat fucked around with this message at 12:31 on May 13, 2015

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Maybe it goes to the moon

smashtcrusht
Oct 30, 2013

Internet Mature Dude
Just wanted to let you guys know i'm really happy I stuck with this show. That was really great last night. Did Daredevil being so bad rear end force this show to increase fight production levels or were they filmed already? Doesn't matter, Bobs fight scene tonight was great. Overly actually way too happy with Hyde cal. I like that hydra is going to be Harldra Hydinson Wards Angels or whatever. Nice. Great.

Hope Simmons comes back as a take charge aggressor in her Fitzlationship.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Guy's, i don't think Gemma is coming back... :3:

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

So since skye's dad is Muad'dad, should Skye's mom be called MA'gneto?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

smashtcrusht posted:

I like that hydra is going to be Harldra Hydinson Wards Angels or whatever. Nice. Great.

Hail Hydra to that, brother.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

ApeHawk posted:

Huh. I don't know if this is what you were implying, but that's a good point - why did it only go after Jemma, but not Fitz, even while he was standing right next to it? That makes me think there's either something special about Jemma (like being Inhuman) that activated the device, or that the thing waited until it was alone with Jemma, like it has some kind of intelligence. A... supreme intelligence...?!?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

They really should have used better locks on that containment system for the goop statue. :rip: Simmons.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
It just seems to liquify and return to solid state at random. Possibly at regular intervals. I don't think it went after her so much as she just happened to be around when it was in a grabby mood.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Spergatory posted:

It just seems to liquify and return to solid state at random. Possibly at regular intervals. I don't think it went after her so much as she just happened to be around when it was in a grabby mood.

That's true, everybody is assuming that it purposefully ate her, but it could have just been a random accident.

It totally purposefully ate her, for reasons...

That was an amazing episode. I like that Cal got a resolution that didn't involve him dying, especially after we find out that he's been manipulated by Skye's mom the entire time. I'll miss MacLachlan though, that was one hell of a character.

I find the idea of Ward leading a Hydra cell terrifying. :ohdear:

Also, the ending had a kind of symmetry to it. Last season was Fitz, this season it's Simmons.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

imperialparadox posted:

I'll miss MacLachlan though, that was one hell of a character.

EP Jeffery Bell hinted that Cal might make a comeback someday ...
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/12/agents-shield-season2-finale-secret-warriors

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

They really should have used better locks on that containment system for the goop statue. :rip: Simmons.

Day 1 in the new job and Mack is already getting written up.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

http://i.imgur.com/sL0axHx.gifv

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
That was cool.

Suprised no one mentioned the fact that May's locker was number 33 :)

So if Fitz did indeed accidentally knock open the clasp on the case for the thing that ate Simmonds, that is a lame rear end clasp for a case designed to hold a thing that "will not be opened in a thousand years".

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
gently caress me. It's so quick but that Simmons bit is way creepier than it should be for me. :ohdear:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
It's seriously spooky. It gives me Goosebumps.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I love the symmetry between Banner listening to headphones in the plane on the way back to base after freaking out at the beginning of Avengers 2 and Cal listening to headphones in the plane on the way back to base before freaking out at the beginning of this.

Also I was surprised at the lack of marking out at "WARD KILLED THE DOG" when I went back and read through the thread.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

I like that Cal pretty much got a Hollywood ending. Though considering what they know about TAHITI, you'd think Skye wouldn't visit him so soon and risk setting off triggers. Or I guess the no-prize answer is Coulson has perfected the process so subjects won't relapse.

Other than dying, I didn't see many other solutions for Cal. He's already such a broken man and having to kill his wife in front of his daughter, with his bare hands, must've been horrifying.

I also completely disagree with the producers who are saying Skyemom is an antagonist rather than a villain. I think you could've argued that before the last 3 episodes but these last three really hit home that she's using the same methods, if not worse, than the people who have hunted her. It was a pretty Magneto-esque thing. Lots of talk about "protecting my people" but ultimately, the goal wasn't to protect the Inhumans but rather to just kill all the humans.

I know I'm probably the only one out there but I just finished re-watching season 1 and I'm still holding out hope for Quinn and Gravitonium to make an appearance again. Hey, it'd be a good place for Ward to start.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah, if I'm Ward, head of Hydra, the first thing I need is resources and a trump card. My first job is to find Ian Quinn and his gravitonium and brainwash the gently caress out of him for access to his money and technology. My second job: eliminate agent May.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

No way they could do that with their budget. Graviton is not something Daisy "Mary Sue" Poots can take down. It's an Avengers level threat and even for them he's an extreme challenge.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

twistedmentat posted:

The Kree thing saw that Fitz was gonna get laid and went "NOPE"

I'm sure it will spit her out at the start of next season and she'll be all "I know things!" and crazy poo poo about that. I want more Kree in my life!

It should be "I know stuff"

and then they reveal that her name isn't Gemma Simmons its LAYLA MILLER!!!! And then I die happy

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Well that was an adrenaline rush I haven't experienced on tv in a long time, holy poo poo. Agents of Shield has some weird chemistry with its villains - I am extremely looking forward to Ward being thrown out of a plane without a chute while on fire over a bath of acid, while at the same time feeling kind of sorry for both Jiaying and Muad'dad. Especially Jiaying is a terrible person but ... kind of feel sorry for her.

Also what the gently caress happened to Raina? I used to hate her with a fiery passion, when did I start liking her?! This show...

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

double nine posted:

Also what the gently caress happened to Raina? I used to hate her with a fiery passion, when did I start liking her?! This show...

The thorns protect the rose. Or in this case, the Daisy.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

No way they could do that with their budget. Graviton is not something Daisy "Mary Sue" Poots can take down. It's an Avengers level threat and even for them he's an extreme challenge.

Comic Graviton != Show Graviton.

Also Quake is easily as powerful as most of the heroes on any given Avengers team. Comic Daisy could like explode his heart from range and be on her merry way.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
What a ridiculously good finale. I'm glad that they mentioned TAHITIing Ward earlier in the season, too, otherwise it'd just smack of lazy writing to have him go through it at the end. Instead, good writing! I loving shed a tear when he was saying goodbye, too. :(

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

A bunch of pages back: but I'm still :lol: at Boobi Morse.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I like that the show seems to have established Skye's philosophy with regards to her powers pretty well through visual storytelling without her explicitly stating it. She isn't afraid to use them anymore but absolutely won't have them as a crutch, she prefers to do poo poo with her normal abilities and have that in her back pocket as a trump card.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

greatn posted:

I like that the show seems to have established Skye's philosophy with regards to her powers pretty well through visual storytelling without her explicitly stating it. She isn't afraid to use them anymore but absolutely won't have them as a crutch, she prefers to do poo poo with her normal abilities and have that in her back pocket as a trump card.

Definitely a smart approach when you are going to lead a secret organization and minimize collateral damage.

So I've been thinking about Jemma. Reasons that she is still alive:

- She is not, to our knowledge, Inhuman.
- As she went into the black stuff, she didn't show any sign of damage on the parts of her body that were already in. No legs melting, no scream of pain.
- The material did not show any sign of displacement once it absorbed her mass.

I like the suggestion that it is a portal of some sort, mostly due to my third point.

Unrelated point, I didn't care for the Hyde transformation. Having his brow grow while his body remained the same size looked silly to me. They didn't have to make him huge, just bulkier.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
They made some green parts, too. I think that was enough to give the full impression of him hulking out.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Meh, it was mostly his displays of strength that did it for me, the visual transformation I didn't care about - and he did "feel" sufficiently strong to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

It's like watching How It's Made: Inhuman Pills!

• Locked thread