Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mr. Flunchy posted:

I love this page.

If they play this 100% straight in a movie I would believe it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

Mr. Flunchy posted:

I love this page.

This is a goddamn vaudeville act.

"Comedy of errors!"
"Chaos theory!"
*both take off their hats, and take a knee*

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Muldoon has the perfect "shut the gently caress up and accept this reader" face.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Obviously there's going to be a scene with the original T Rex that fits the 'old hero comes out of retirement' trope. Chris Pratt enters the T Rex enclosure. Rex is playing chess or something quietly. Pratt begs for her help, but she snubs him and turns away.

Later, at a critical point where they are about to be devoured by the I Rex, T Rex comes to the rescue. Rex and Pratt wink and bump fists.

Fin

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Panfilo posted:

Obviously there's going to be a scene with the original T Rex that fits the 'old hero comes out of retirement' trope. Chris Pratt enters the T Rex enclosure. Rex is playing chess or something quietly. Pratt begs for her help, but she snubs him and turns away.

Later, at a critical point where they are about to be devoured by the I Rex, T Rex comes to the rescue. Rex and Pratt wink and bump fists.

Fin

T-Rex wearing a vest behind a bar - Rexy's Place. She's cleaning glasses with a rag. Pratt walks in pleading for help, T-Rex is all "I don't do that poo poo anymore... I'm out of the game." Raptor flies through the window, T-Rex bites the fucker in two. Pratt and Rex lock eyes meaningfully.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If this movie doesn't go all out in stupidity and we don't get an Avengers like long take of Pratt alongside Raptors, Dilophosaurus, Rex, and whatever the gently caress else fighting the two I-Rexes with combos and poo poo then this movie completely missed the point of making a sequel.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Mr. Flunchy posted:

I love this page.

And then, without irony, this page became the basic plot of JP4.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Maybe its because Im Australian and Comics arent really part of our culture but holy poo poo reading them is the most tedious thing.

Maybe its because everyone talks in that 1920s-esque accent in my head as Im reading it.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Mr. Flunchy posted:

T-Rex wearing a vest behind a bar - Rexy's Place. She's cleaning glasses with a rag. Pratt walks in pleading for help, T-Rex is all "I don't do that poo poo anymore... I'm out of the game." Raptor flies through the window, T-Rex bites the fucker in two. Pratt and Rex lock eyes meaningfully.

"Play it, just one more time, Pratt. For old time's sake."

Pratt sits behind a piano. He wiggles his fingers free of a couple decade's worth of musical cobwebs. And then...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOmJLk1lu08

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Laserface posted:

Maybe its because Im Australian and Comics arent really part of our culture but holy poo poo reading them is the most tedious thing.

Maybe its because everyone talks in that 1920s-esque accent in my head as Im reading it.

I dunno, I'm Australian too and I read a lot of comics growing up. I don't think I've read one since I was maybe 12, though.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Laserface posted:

Are you sure it isn't because reading isn't really part of your culture?

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
Remember all the discussion quite a ways back of the Barbasol can in Jurassic Park and how Barbasol didn't capitalize on it? Well, they're milking the hell out of it now.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I had a dream there was going to be dinosaurs talking to each other with subtitles and poo poo.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

I had a dream there was going to be dinosaurs talking to each other with subtitles and poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s9sjPzyQjk

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Mr. Flunchy posted:

I love this page.

And yet not as bad as how bringing people back from the dead was handled in The Lost World

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Delivery McGee posted:

Remember all the discussion quite a ways back of the Barbasol can in Jurassic Park and how Barbasol didn't capitalize on it? Well, they're milking the hell out of it now.

Who gives a poo poo about a can with some dinosaur pictures on it, we want the actual thing from the movie that has a secret compartment in the bottom. It was cool because it was like a James Bond gadget, not because dinosaurs.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?

Vintersorg posted:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Basebf555 posted:

Who gives a poo poo about a can with some dinosaur pictures on it, we want the actual thing from the movie that has a secret compartment in the bottom. It was cool because it was like a James Bond gadget, not because dinosaurs.
Hear hear. I know there are prop makers who do replicas of the can with the compartment, but some kind of actual licensed Barbasol version that also dispenses shaving cream would sell like gangbusters for the novelty alone.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

ALAN!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

And now for something completely different: Hey!

Also a video about everyone's favorite lawyer.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Also looks like science has been playing god again
http://news.yahoo.com/chicken-embryos-dinosaur-snouts-created-lab-131834500.html
:getin:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
http://news.yale.edu/2015/05/12/tweaking-beak-retracing-bird-s-beak-its-dinosaur-origins-laboratory

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

So we're totally going to have little velociraptors as pets in like 10 years, right?

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Stare-Out posted:

So we're totally going to have little velociraptors as pets in like 10 years, right?

We already do- they are called cats.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Just Offscreen posted:

We already do- they are called cats parrots.

Genetically modified feather-less parrots is going to be a growth industry.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Xenomrph posted:

And now for something completely different: Hey!

Also a video about everyone's favorite lawyer.

Okay that first one got me good.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Just Offscreen posted:

I hope the raptors in jw dickishly knock things off tables

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Just Offscreen posted:

The kitchen scene from the first movie would still basically be the same scene if you replaced the raptors with cats

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

Macaluso posted:

The kitchen scene from the first movie would still basically be the same scene if you replaced the raptors with cats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pugJI6ftj_0

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

LEGO Jurassic World out the same day as the movie, June 12th. New trailer

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Vintersorg posted:

That'd rule like it was Critters.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I really hope Pratt is riding on the back of a Tyrannosaur at some points. Because...seriously!

I'm really into films where the hero harnesses the same 'power' as the villain. In the previous Jurassic Park films, they were fighting the dinosaurs. But in this film, Pratt seems like Muldoon^2. He not only understands the dinosaurs' point of view, but seems to respect them as well.

The best way to fight dinosaurs is with...dinosaurs!

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2cc5lQuWfI

New trailer with Hammond, original theme and what looks to be a disappointing lack of onscreen visitor death.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

A new video from InGen

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Haha Wu is Jony Ive. Sounds about right.

Also, is that Hammond trailer official? It doesn't have any new scenes, could easily be fan made. Looks similar to a fan trailer that used the flea circus speech, which was much more effective with its ominous tone. Still, if so that's my favorite official trailer so far, but just because it's the one that reminds me most of the first film.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Saw a trailer for this I hadn't seen before, in front of Mad Max. Set up the "bad" dino like a rebellion leader. Maybe just copying the Planet of Apes remakes, I dunno.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

feedmyleg posted:

Haha Wu is Jony Ive. Sounds about right.

Also, is that Hammond trailer official? It doesn't have any new scenes, could easily be fan made. Looks similar to a fan trailer that used the flea circus speech, which was much more effective with its ominous tone. Still, if so that's my favorite official trailer so far, but just because it's the one that reminds me most of the first film.

The shot of the girl being dropped into the aquatic tank and of the kids diving off the cliff are both new, aren't they?

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man

effectual posted:

Saw a trailer for this I hadn't seen before, in front of Mad Max. Set up the "bad" dino like a rebellion leader. Maybe just copying the Planet of Apes remakes, I dunno.

Wasn't the story or the first draft written by the people who wrote the new Planet of the Apes movies? It would explain a lot.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

That's a great ad.

It also helps alleviate one of the big problems I had with the movie, and that's them saying Indominus Rex was the first dinosaur hybrid, totally forgetting that in the original, they were all hybrids with frog DNA.

Of course, if they have "100% genome accuracy" now, then Velociraptors should be half the size and have feathers, but I'm splitting hairs, I guess. Or feathers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Gammatron 64 posted:

Of course, if they have "100% genome accuracy" now, then Velociraptors should be half the size and have feathers, but I'm splitting hairs, I guess. Or feathers.
They're all giants, and what you think is their skin is actually skinfeather-tight leather.

• Locked thread