Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

withak posted:

North Korean Minister of Defense Hyon Yong Chol

He fell asleep in a meeting with Kim Jong Un, and was executed. Instead of a firing squad, he was apparently shot with an anti-aircraft gun, in front of an audience of hundreds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

playing poker purely on stats does not make you a good player, and you would not win often

wrong. that's why AIs are so good at poker, because it's all probability!!

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

ol qwerty bastard posted:

oh my god i'm dying

help

rip in peace, me
1986-2015
died

link to the amazon store page for this book asap

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

gonna wait for some corroboration, people love to make poo poo up about north korea

lol it's like someone animated me playing with toys as a child

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHQxtgPp7fM

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

"this is a pro axis video"

:dogbutton:

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.

prefect posted:

"this is a pro axis video"

:dogbutton:

negative comments will be deleted democratically

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

gonna wait for some corroboration, people love to make poo poo up about north korea

does the bbc count?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-32716749

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

we must stop this north korean largesse

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Iridium posted:

been wondering when one of these would get hacked

as somebody who has done work with this kind of thing, it's surprising that it doesn't happen more often though that's more a story for the security fuckup thread

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

they are not trustworthy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/april/1/newsid_2819000/2819261.stm

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

yes the democratic people's republic of north korea truly is the people's paradise

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

no, not in the least

they also reported about kju feeding his uncle to dogs and other anti-dprk nonsense

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

a national hero of all nations rip narstie

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

wrong. that's why AIs are so good at poker, because it's all probability!!

to be fair LHE cash and NLHE tourneys are pretty much solved by now, and HU LHE has been solved for years.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Stymie posted:

anti-dprk nonsense
lol

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
incoming stymie juche thoughts

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
"juche?!" stymie stymies in the door and just keeps stymieing, sliding off around the room, bouncing against walls. he stymies against your toilet, busting it up big time. you get the feeling he's trying to say something to you but he's stymieing at such a high velocity you just can't quite make it out. as he finally nails a window and falls out you think you hear him exclaim "i'm an secular statist, that's what's so CRAZY about this" on the way down

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
I really appreciate that SOMEONE in this dang ol' forum of ours is standing up for North Korea.

Thanks, Stymie. Thymie. :)

pram
Jun 10, 2001

I give both these dogs 0 'paws' out of 5. they suck!

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

pram posted:

I give both these dogs 0 'paws' out of 5. they suck!

they are abominations

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

vast vast market of millennials who have daughters and effeminate sons

Millennials are like 15 years old dude.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

madeupfred posted:

millenials are defined as the cohort born between 1980 and 2000 (some researchers consider the range to be 1982-2004)

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!

duTrieux. posted:

millenials are defined as the cohort born between 1980 and 2000 (some researchers consider the range to be 1982-2004)

woah woah woah

I am not a millennial for being born in '85 you take that back right this instant.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

madeupfred posted:

"millennial" as a demographic is hilariously ill-defined. some people say it wholly envelops and replaces generation Y and some say it only started 15 years ago coming after gen y*

demographic cohort labels in the 21st century are kind of a joke anyway

* e: otherwise known as generation z

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Shuffle posted:

woah woah woah

I am not a millennial for being born in '85 you take that back right this instant.
Yea for real. Millennials start at 1990.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kenny Logins posted:

"millennial" as a demographic is hilariously ill-defined. some people say it wholly envelops and replaces generation Y and some say it only started 15 years ago coming after gen y

demographic cohort labels in the 21st century are kind of a joke anyway

as soon as the "generation x" book came out, people wanted to label something "generation y" so bad

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Shuffle posted:

woah woah woah

deal with it. there are differences between older and younger millenials, but both are more similar to each other than to preceding generations. (i like to think of it a 'upper/lower millenial', depending on whether you remember reagan.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
generational labels are the gen x-iest loving poo poo ever

please go talk to your baby boomer parents and let the future kind of just do their thing

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
i think of millennial as a catch all for dumb kids, so under 25

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

prefect posted:

as soon as the "generation x" book came out, people wanted to label something "generation y" so bad
"millennials" is way easier for olds to angrily, impotently caw about, shaking their fists, while simultaneously abrogating their own roles in earth's current state

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
use of the internet is probably gonna result in millennials being people born from 1980-2010 in all reality

the stratification of ideas based on the years you were born is going to be reduced by the ease at which information travels hth

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
2005 to 20XX is the generation of memers

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Valeyard posted:

2010 to 20XX is the generation of memers

the "me-me" generation

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

hubris.height posted:

the stratification of ideas based on the years you were born is going to be reduced by the ease at which information travels hth
same except applying to all generations who can currently access modern information technology

the naive idea that a boomer or gen-xer remains 100% in line with cohort observations made 30-40 years ago despite constant access to the internet and technology is purely laughable

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
generations are stupid and anyone who takes them even remotely seriously is an idiot who probably also clicks on banner ads

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

JewKiller 3000 posted:

generations are stupid and anyone who takes them even remotely seriously is an idiot who probably also clicks on banner ads
So gen x-ers and baby boomers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

JewKiller 3000 posted:

• Locked thread