Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
That blue is intense, and I don't know how I feel about the pipes with the servo skull on them, but I like the rest of it. I've always been a fan of dressing up tanks for commanders to ride in. I bitz-ed up a similar thing for one of my rhinos, using one of the small satellite dishes and a Land Speeder antenna I accidentally broke off, along with a searchlight and a hunter-killer missile, for when I run my command squad in a Rhino instead of a Razorback. You can kind of see it here, the unpainted thing on top of the left Rhino:

I like the homebrew version because I can just drop it into the Razorback turret mount, but if I hadn't already built the thing I'd probably pick up one of the new ones, it's a neat upgrade idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Finished my Assault Marines

I also started my Callidus, who should be done soon.

I'd like some pointers on how to shade her better. I started with Dark Reaper with Thunderhawk Blue on the edges of the highlighted areas, and then went over it with Nuln Oil. I am unsure how I can make it pop as nicely as the ones GW does, and honestly wish they had a how-to video for the assassins. Also, some suggestions on how to go about the C'tan Phase Blade and Neural Shredder would be welcome.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

ijyt posted:

Lol wtf.

That blue is melting my eyes.

Should have made the Spartan a plastic kit.

That blue is a weapon of the Emperor and should be respected as such :colbert:
I think those look... okay. I think the Rhino is a bit too blinged up and I'd prefer something similar like the Damocles command Rhino, although I think that's serviceably blinged up for a Chapter Master's Land Raider. I like the commander coming out of the top.

Also lol at loyalists getting another Land Raider while Chaos is stuck with the default pattern.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
You've got to love that that Rhino has a pintle-mounted twin-linked Plasma gun.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
That Rhino does solve my recent problem of standard Rhino kits being bland as gently caress, at least.

...It's going to cost more than a Predator isn't it?

HardHead
Nov 4, 2009

Bouncer, Hey bouncer.

WAR FOOT posted:

That and the one with Brother Tankred are unironically the best 40k comics.

:orks101:You spelled Ugzob Uzgob wrong.:orks:

HardHead fucked around with this message at 14:59 on May 13, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah there's no real contest when talking 40k comics, Deff Skwadron wrecks everything else, no debate

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

Yeah there's no real contest when talking 40k comics, Deff Skwadron wrecks everything else, no debate

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Seriously now, Deff Skwadron is probably the only 40k comic I would recommend to a non-fan outside of something like, The Redeemer(for pure grungy shenanigans)

Lookit dis beyootiful page. Brings a tear ta me eye, I tells ya

edit: I have seen that image a hundred times or more and only now did I just notice Killboy freaking out like he usually does in the middle plane. :allears:

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 15:14 on May 13, 2015

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
If anyone wants to see ginormous versions of those tanks, here ya go:

I dig the new monocle heads, some of the armor plates look lazily bolted on, but I like the more detailed doors and all. I always appreciate more power pimp canes too, and I LOVE the ridiculous eagle gun cowling.
Also, weirdly enough, they seem to be Warhammer World exclusives:
http://warhammerworld.games-workshop.com/2015/05/13/new-warhammer-world-exclusives/

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Kataphron rules translation:

Kataphron Assault Armor : save 3+
Kataphron Half-Armor : Save 4+
Arc Claw : Melee, S+1, AP5, Haywire
Hydraulic Claw : Melee, S+2, Unwielddy, At the end of the assault phase, you can do an additional attack with Strenght X2 (max S10)
Cognis Flamer : template S4 AP5 Assault, when used at overwatch, 3 hits instead of 1D3
Heavy Arc Rifle : 36" S6 AP5 heavy 2 Haywire
Heavy Grav Cannon : 30", F*, AP2, Salvo 4/6 Concussive Grav
Phosphor Blaster : 24", S5, AP4, Rapid Fire, Luminagen : a unit wich take a damage or lost a wound by these munitions, take a -1 cover save penalty till the end of the phase. When a unit charge this target, they can reroll their Charge roll
Plasma Culverin : 24", S7, AP2, Heavy 2, Blast, Gets hot.
Torsion Cannon : 24", S8, AP1," heavy 1, 1 Penetrating hit = 1D3 HP lost. 1 wound = 1D3 wound lost. (After Succesfull wound/hit and save failed)

Lots of nice looking guns there, and they can fire two, plus always count as stationary. Heavy Grav Cannon, Arc Rifle, Culverin and Torsion Cannon are all spiffy.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Wow those guns look really good on pretty solid platforms too! And the Arc Claw is pretty boss to fight vehicles.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Destroyers with Grav Cannons, Breachers with Torsion Cannons. Both are free swaps I think.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Only the secondary stuff costs points to swap, but why the torsion cannons and not the arc rifles? The heavy grav cannons can easily deal with MCs while the heavy arc rifles will murder vehicles, and are still can hurt most everything else by nature of S6, from an extra 12" away.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Hencoe posted:

Only the secondary stuff costs points to swap, but why the torsion cannons and not the arc rifles? The heavy grav cannons can easily deal with MCs while the heavy arc rifles will murder vehicles, and are still can hurt most everything else by nature of S6, from an extra 12" away.

Torsion Cannons look like they would be more versatile than the Arc Rifles. Not sure how the wound multipliers would work shooting something like squads of Terminators?

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

TKIY posted:

Torsion Cannons look like they would be more versatile than the Arc Rifles. Not sure how the wound multipliers would work shooting something like squads of Terminators?

Oh, I assumed it was multiple wounds on a single model, if it's separate wounds like with rad poisoning that's a different story.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

SRM posted:

If anyone wants to see ginormous versions of those tanks, here ya go:

I dig the new monocle heads, some of the armor plates look lazily bolted on, but I like the more detailed doors and all. I always appreciate more power pimp canes too, and I LOVE the ridiculous eagle gun cowling.
Also, weirdly enough, they seem to be Warhammer World exclusives:
http://warhammerworld.games-workshop.com/2015/05/13/new-warhammer-world-exclusives/

Huh. I guess the question is, will the rules be exclusively packed with them, or will they feature into the new SM book down the line--or possibly as a free download.

Also if DA don't get the Rhino Primaris I will be really annoyed. It's a vehicle with plasma, c'mon.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I don't mind the command vehicles too much (certainly now they're in non-eye searing blue), digging the pimp stick on the raider commander.

But WHW exclusive? gently caress that.

Hopefully GW isn't being too pants on head retarded and they're just timed exclusives like console games. Then again this is GW...

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Seeing as how they mostly seem to be upgrade kits I'd be surprised if they don't show up on eBay pretty quickly.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
55 points though for a T5 2 W model with 4+ armour though is horrendously bad. Like everything is good except the cost and the armour save. They'll get decimated by HV HS weapons. So honestly I was sold on them until I saw that. Maybe they'll have a FNP rule or something but otherwise nope.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Zark the Damned posted:

I don't mind the command vehicles too much (certainly now they're in non-eye searing blue), digging the pimp stick on the raider commander.

But WHW exclusive? gently caress that.

Hopefully GW isn't being too pants on head retarded and they're just timed exclusives like console games. Then again this is GW...

They go on sale regularly after, it's just an early launch at WHW.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Not sure where you're getting that from-

GW posted:

Satchel Bags, metal pin badges, mugs, T-shirts and hoodies…How will you choose? These exclusives and the Space Marine command tanks will only be available to purchase here at the Warhammer World Store. For the lucky ticket holders, the Grand opening this weekend will be your first opportunity to take these exclusives home. If you are not a ticket holder, have no fear, Monday 18th May will be your first opportunity to grab these exclusives, as we will be selling them all year round.

Reads to me like they'll always be WHW exclusives, just that they are extra-exclusive during the Golden Ticket weekend.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Rules question. Can you cast a psychic power while in close combat. Like a Blessing?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
It depends on the power. Blessings, I believe you can. Witchfires, absolutely not.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Zark the Damned posted:

Not sure where you're getting that from-

Reads to me like they'll always be WHW exclusives, just that they are extra-exclusive during the Golden Ticket weekend.

Yeah I appear to have misread that :/

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Hihohe posted:

Rules question. Can you cast a psychic power while in close combat. Like a Blessing?

Anything that is not a witchfire can be used in CC. Basically no shooting attacks but otherwise everythings fine to use.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Lord Twisted posted:

Some pretty lazy new marine tanks, by the looks of things. Probably should just be upgrade sprues...

If it's anything like the other Land Raider variants they'll sell an upgrade sprue as well as the full kit.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Zark the Damned posted:

I don't mind the command vehicles too much (certainly now they're in non-eye searing blue)
I don't know what the hell happened. It's the same photo but the person who reposted it decided to crank up the saturation in Photoshop or run it through an Instagram filter or something.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Improbable Lobster posted:

It's briefly touched on in Titanicus where a Warlord Princeps talks about how the Warhound he used to drive acted like a big angry dog with poor impulse control, how his current Warlord doesn't like listening to him very much and how Imperator/Emperor Princeps end up going crazy because of how powerful the machine spirit is. I don't remember how the Reavers worked though. I think that they might have just been angry at everything.
I don't think the Reaver AI has ever been expanded upon. Warhounds are based on the engram of wolves or dogs (pack animals) and the Warlord is based on a grizzly bear. Reavers are supposed to predate Warlords, so maybe it uses a primitive AI that isn't as strong as the Imperator? Or it could be based on a panda bear. I like to think that the Reaver prefers to spend its time in bamboo forests and is easily startled by sneezes.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Now that the 2015 Imperial Knights Codex is out and the Errant and the Paladin variants can also take a Thunderstrike Gaunlet and/or Carapace Weapons one would hope that they will do a limited time upgrade sprue buy for those of us that have the *2013* Imperial Knights.

That is complete wishful thinking though...

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Stanyer89 posted:

Probably :(:hf::(

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Stanyer89 posted:

Now that the 2015 Imperial Knights Codex is out and the Errant and the Paladin variants can also take a Thunderstrike Gaunlet and/or Carapace Weapons one would hope that they will do a limited time upgrade sprue buy for those of us that have the *2013* Imperial Knights.

I bought one of the missile launchers on ebay for roughly ten dollars. The autocannon has been tough to find though.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Pendent posted:

I bought one of the missile launchers on ebay for roughly ten dollars. The autocannon has been tough to find though.

Wait. You have Imperial Knights and Blood Angels too!?

So do you have a bunch of dusty Dark Angels models sitting on a shelf too? If so, we would literally have all three of the same armies.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Stanyer89 posted:

Wait. You have Imperial Knights and Blood Angels too!?

So do you have a bunch of dusty Dark Angels models sitting on a shelf too? If so, we would literally have all three of the same armies.

I have a single Knight Paladin that I bought a month or so back. No Dark Angles, though I am toying with making vanilla SM army depending on how the new codex looks.

Greyish Orange
Apr 1, 2010

Well I can always walk to WHW and buy them to post out to everyone...

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

SRM posted:

I don't know what the hell happened. It's the same photo but the person who reposted it decided to crank up the saturation in Photoshop or run it through an Instagram filter or something.

I noticed that a lot in WD back before the change to the weekly format.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

TKIY posted:

They do have the same thing in Fantasy (each wound multiplied out, but only really impacts multi-wound models), so there is precedent. Though it could either way depending on the wording.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Greyish Orange posted:

Well I can always walk to WHW and buy them to post out to everyone...

If you could at least find out if they're going to be exclusive units rules-wise (and not say, special edition units for something that's going to be in the SM book), that'd be cool.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Hollismason posted:

55 points though for a T5 2 W model with 4+ armour though is horrendously bad. Like everything is good except the cost and the armour save. They'll get decimated by HV HS weapons. So honestly I was sold on them until I saw that. Maybe they'll have a FNP rule or something but otherwise nope.

55 points for two plasma cannon shots or 6 haywire attacks at 30" is a steal. gently caress, it could take out a spartan in one turn of shooting. Think about that for a minute.

Is it me or has the recent power creep put vehicles in a really bad spot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

BULBASAUR posted:

55 points for two plasma cannon shots or 6 haywire attacks at 30" is a steal. gently caress, it could take out a spartan in one turn of shooting. Think about that for a minute.

Is it me or has the recent power creep put vehicles in a really bad spot?

The only vehicles in my lists these days are is a required "throw-away" Wave Serpent whose only job is to flat-out and unload precious cargo and flyers.

Except the Tantalus, which I use because no one knows what the hell it is and it looks cool (it's not bad either).

• Locked thread