Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

SC Bracer posted:

Could be a keith thing where they tell double to shape up or stay benched while giving a rookie with a high upside some playtime.

Does this mean Yusui is going to tweet a bunch of salt about Double Lift

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they gave stixxay more time vs the lower end teams (GV, T8, whatever team Seraph is on) and brought DLift out for like one game against TSM or C9 before they start switching them around and putting in Stixxay vs TSM/C9 provided DLift stays true to his feeder roots

Probably is the best way to get him experience, and to give Double a kick in the rear to keep on his game.

Hopefully Pobelter with a better organization will become a better player rather than the "King of Relegation".

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Calax posted:

Probably is the best way to get him experience, and to give Double a kick in the rear to keep on his game.

Hopefully Pobelter with a better organization will become a better player rather than the "King of Relegation".

Normally I'd make an ironic comment about 'CLG being a better organization', but Winterfox/EG NA's management was bad enough that I cant even bring myself to do it.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

rabidsquid posted:

CLG actually signed Trick2G to help them come up with patents so that while they lose in Summer Split they can make money off of other team doing patented CLG invented maneuvers such as "rotations" or "choking."

Obviously ZionSpartan wants to play more Nasus and Trick will teach him the intrinsic details about Opening the Gates.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
febiven is streaming if anyone's interested

http://www.twitch.tv/fabiantje

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness
Pebiben is the absolute height of comedy.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Seems like Coke is taking their partnership with Riot pretty seriously. Here in Turkey they have branded Coke that has codes you can redeem for 20 rp:
. I'd be interested to find out what sort of other server specific promotions go on. I know KR/China/Garena have some cool unique stuff, but I guess smaller regions do too. Wonder how autonomous each server's admins are.

Also, I've seen signs for Besiktas, of Besiktas fame, and one of the tram stops here is named "haseki", a la Yauo.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Admoon posted:

Apparently Richard Lewis just broke some news on a stream that I wasn't watching. CLG's new roster:

Zion
Xmithie
Pobelter/Huhi
Doublelift/Sitxxay
Aphromoo

Gonna be a 7 man roster.

Getting rid of Link should be priority #1a, with #1 being getting rid of Xsmithie.

Oh well, at least they're getting rid of Link. I thought he played okay last split but his head is clearly not in the game.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Yeah Link needs to step up a lot more than just "he didn't disappoint that much last split" to justify keeping him on the roster. He basically needed to turn into a Pawn or Faker Febiven level player overnight.

edit: While we're on the topic of roster changes ESL continue to stack their roster too

http://www.eslgaming.com/news/chobra-and-uber-strengthen-esl-broadcast-team-2016

Savage Cracker fucked around with this message at 16:53 on May 13, 2015

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

The only names i recognize there are chobra deman and joe miller.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

GreyPowerVan posted:

The only names i recognize there are chobra deman and joe miller.

And those are the only ones that matter

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Are either of those players going to be much better than Link though? Maybe the problems were deeper than just Link not being that great ingame...

Yuran M. Bazil
Jun 20, 2008

GMB Forg1ven is confirmed: http://gambit-gaming.com/news/official-statements/forg1ven-joins-gambit

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

This roster swap is pretty sweet tbh.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Mostly I'm just happy Forgiven isn't going to spend another split without a team. Even if he has issues with being on a team he's obviously very skilled.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Diamond Cabo and forgiven is a really nice foundation for a team

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Jerkface posted:

Diamond Cabo and forgiven is a really nice foundation for a team

the only thing I worry about is that diamond can't pressure both his carry lanes' sides of the map at the same time

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I just hope that Diamond and Edward still give a gently caress and can roll hard with that lineup.

I forget who, but one of the other EU LCS junglers (I think Kikis maybe) said that Diamond is probably the most terrifying person in the world to play against when he's motivated and practicing heavily, but that you rarely see that Diamond anymore.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Libertine posted:

I just hope that Diamond and Edward still give a gently caress and can roll hard with that lineup.

I forget who, but one of the other EU LCS junglers (I think Kikis maybe) said that Diamond is probably the most terrifying person in the world to play against when he's motivated and practicing heavily, but that you rarely see that Diamond anymore.

He showed it on Nidalee this last split so I think he's renovated his career somewhat, it's Eddie I worry about since he apparently practices like a beast but his mechanics are still falling off hard.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Disinterested posted:

the only thing I worry about is that diamond can't pressure both his carry lanes' sides of the map at the same time

all forgiven wants in his life is to 2v2 noobs to the ground, i think if diamond and cabo go super aggro together it will draw their jungler top all the time and forgiven will be able to do what he does best.

i actually thinks that works even better than setting up a bot camp for him, since he can win any 2v2 basically on his own anyway.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
^^
Agreed.

I also think the standard strategy of banning multiple ADCs vs. Forgiven could be extremely well-punished by Gambit because all of those guys have really strong signature champion picks that they like to roll out that usually get banned quite frequently against them.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I just hope Eddie comes back and is good. :)
https://twitter.com/edwardcarrylol/status/576514048621150208

Are they keeping Betsy?

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 20:53 on May 13, 2015

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Fusion is going to be a sponsorship/branding org.

Seems like a practical move. The team was toast but the way they handled social media and content was good.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Looks like Elements' roster is going to be Jwaow/Dexter/Froggen/Tabbz/Promiscuous

http://www.dailydot.com/esports/elements-new-roster-lcs/

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
The return of the best ADC in EU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

henkman posted:

The return of the best ADC in EU

I like Candy Panda too. Hehehe

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Apparently Newbee (TI4 winners) picked up the VG farm team, which has Heart on support and made it into LPL Summer. I was wondering when we'd see them spend some of that sweet Valve cash on League lol (unless it all went to the players?).

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II9IGA5Lg7k miccheck for SKT vs EDG translated into english.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

Calax posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II9IGA5Lg7k miccheck for SKT vs EDG translated into english.

Didn't realize the Chinese teams with KR imports used English for match comms.

And SKT's comms are pretty interesting, especially how Faker seems to read the outcome of every engagement a split second before everyone else does.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Jesiz is back...as an ADC...on Gamers2....woo. A truly inspiring return to the scene.

(Though, on the flipside, this means that Misfits are free to take Jebus)

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Araneae is joining INTZ as a sub, and Overpow is joining paiN.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

TIL that Jungler translates into Português as Caçador. Now I know how to rename my rune pages.

I wonder if Araneae got the idea to transfer there when Millenium won IEM São Paulo. I imagine he's probably still pretty well known for that. I didn't even know he still played regularly or had ideas to play in competitive. He always seemed like a really cool guy when he last played.

I still root for Kabum Black because Espeon rules. I hope they can win something.

fnox
May 19, 2013

so the coach supported Faker with the Leblanc pick? that's really weird, you can literally hear the elation on EDG's side when they see LB locked in.

Wolf saying over and over "i'm dead" is pretty hilarious though.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Link wrote 18 pages of text about his history, CLG, and him leaving the team, in a google doc. Long and rambly as hell but interesting so far

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Link is a terrible writer and this seems like entirely stream of consciousness thought dumping but it is definitely interesting so far.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
that is a hell of a read ignoring the quality of his prose itself

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
This makes doublelift look REALLY bad. Which I guess is expected.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

quote:

Xmithie hasn’t really stepped up but tbh he was really told never to step up so not his fault at all.

On doublelift posted:

He doesn’t trust people in game and a lot of his actions become more soloq oriented and it’s really bad. Grouping is a problem and responding to objectives has always been a problem. Item builds are awful. He probably lost trust in me a while ago. What’s that matter to me lmao. Oh well. It’s like expected of doublelift though. Ego is too big and refuses to improve himself on what’s really more relevant. The micro and lasthitting stuff really don’t matter in a game like league. Strengths are superior laning and ability to be clear about what he wants but that poo poo is overrated. Playing as a team is all that matters.

on aphro posted:

Guess what happens when aphro leaves to go roam and double is forced into a 1v2 scenario. Double dies or gets chunked for like 90% of his hp and aphro feels like he cant trust him to roam or gets well negative feedback from double. Rush hour is strong, but it’s not that strong. The support is one of the most vital positions in terms of snowballing the map and creating pressure that other roles can’t easily do BECAUSE it is the role that requires the least amount of farm. You have to be able to pressure with little items and vision control. Yet if aphro cant do what he does normally in soloq and what is RIGHT then of course hes not going to enable other lanes what they need.
Do you know how many times lustboy has come mid to ignite me at level 1 vs bjergsen then dyrus/santorin come out from the other side holy gently caress. Did you guys see how many 3v3s happened top side at MSI involving top/jungle/support?
Aphro is being held back from truly being the #1 support in NA and i think a lot of his mentality has become jaded by double’s play and attitude towards the game.
:eyepop:

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Man, this is loving depressing. Definitely not a post written by someone who wanted to leave peacefully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

SaberToothedPie posted:

This makes doublelift look REALLY bad. Which I guess is expected.

Reading this is exactly how I think most of us perceived the relationship between Doublelift and CLG at large.

• Locked thread